What is going on with bidders on EBAY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I don't know if its some short cut appreviate thing on ebay, but all of the bidders on ebay bidding on world series tickets, their names are like I***R, and 7***7, and I***J.

What the hell is that?

are those the people who do the what i think is called "dump bidding">

They bid massive of amounts of money and keep bidding, but they don't plan to pay at all. They just want to keep people from buying them

T.M
So what you are saying is that this is like a new sport for the people ?

botankus
I just talked to an Ebay guru at work. He says it's called shill bidding, which is illegal. He's driving up his own price (or getting friends to do it). He's counting on someone paying that jacked-up price at the last minute, like someone usually does. Even if he happens to drive it up so high that no one bids on it, all he has to do is refuse to sell it to himself and not file a complaint.

If you look on the bid history, whenver there are a ton of "New user" icons, you know they're creating new accounts. It's like the Ebay version of sock.

Obviously, he's a dumbass. All it takes is for a few people to report him. Ebay won't check it on their own. People have to report him.

To open a new account, he has to have a credit card tied to each account. It's easy to trace.

Bicnarok
Everyone I know gets someone to bid there stuff up a bit on Ebay.

But this sounds like its going over the top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.