S02E06 - The Line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

West convinces Claire to teach head cheerleader Debbie a lesson after she deems Claire too ordinary to join the squad. While Suresh faces a serious moral dilemma with the Company, H.R.G. pays his Russian mentor a visit in an effort to locate Isaac's last prophetic paintings. Meanwhile, nearing the U.S. border, Alejandro becomes increasingly uneasy about Sylar's intentions, especially towards Maya. Peter and Caitlin's search for a mysterious doorway he painted ultimately leads them to a surprising place. In feudal Japan, while attempting to repair history, Hiro struggles with his feelings for Kensei's "princess" Yaeko.

The Line Preview

Poya-tnqcvo

Discuss...

S_D_J
so.... The Company is experimenting with the Virus? confused

Huma
Looks good. I have a question though. If Sylar took Alajandros and Maya's powers, how would that work? It's kind of like it takes both powers to creat one. It seems that Maya can't turn her power off so would Sylar be able to?
I'm starting to like this season more than season 1. Except for the Alajandro/maya part.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Huma
Looks good. I have a question though. If Sylar took Alajandros and Maya's powers, how would that work? It's kind of like it takes both powers to creat one. It seems that Maya can't turn her power off so would Sylar be able to?
I'm starting to like this season more than season 1. Except for the Alajandro/maya part. We'll find out more about their power soon, so your question shall get answered, they are asking does Alejandro's power only cure maya or other things? kinda like linderman maybe?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Huma
I'm starting to like this season more than season 1. Except for the Alajandro/maya part.

I hope Sylar isn't dumb enough as to take Maya's Power... he wouldn't be able to control it until she does ( and he sees her)... plus she's a cast regular, she just won't die yet

Alejandro on the other hand, seems doomed, I can see Sylar killing him and getting his power, to further control Maya... and, as it would seem, be immune to it (her power I mean)

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
I hope Sylar isn't dumb enough as to take Maya's Power... he wouldn't be able to control it until she does ( and he sees her)... plus she's a cast regular, she just won't die yet People seem to forget that Sylar's original power is knowing how things work. That's why he has such fine control over his telekinesis and indeed all of his powers. If he took Maya's power, then it would be the same way.

chickenlover98
it occured to me most of the heroes are idiots. if you got a power, wouldnt you teach yourself to control it perfectly as a top priority? id drop the **** out of school or not go for quite sometime until i had mastered it

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
People seem to forget that Sylar's original power is knowing how things work. That's why he has such fine control over his telekinesis and indeed all of his powers. If he took Maya's power, then it would be the same way.

you mean, controlling it?... dunno about that... I dont' see any other way to control it other than Alejandro...

of course he would know how it works and how to use it, but what if Alejandro is the only way to control it?

if he were to take both (something I highly doubt given as the actress is a cast regular, and wont die just yet) wouldn't both power cancelled each other out?.. he could use it to kill alot of people, but Maya seems to also be affected by the power (though it doesn't kill her) and using Alejandro's power right away would heal the people around as well...

I'm thinking he would take out Alejandro before he even thinks about taking Maya's power.....

... and there's the fact that he doesn't "have" his original power just yet (or any other power for that matter)

.... which makes me wonder: how was he able to take Candice's if his own doesn't work?... did he take Candice's power at all?, or he just think he did?

... he says Alejandro is dead once he gets his power back (I dunno know if Alejandro even understand him) so...

Captain REX
Originally posted by chickenlover98
it occured to me most of the heroes are idiots. if you got a power, wouldnt you teach yourself to control it perfectly as a top priority? id drop the **** out of school or not go for quite sometime until i had mastered it

Well, we know you're morals, now here's your priorities. You'd be the uneducated villain...

To SDJ;

Perhaps Alejandro did not understand him, but Sylar looks like he's got a bloody nose; maybe they'd be tussling.

We currently have no way of telling that Sylar took Candice's power, but in the last episode we heard much clock-ticking that is associated with Sylar's power; it's possible that his original power is functioning, if he can't use his other powers due to his injury.

Either way, he has a method of taking powers that I'm sure he knows quite well.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX

I wonder what you mean by that roll eyes (sarcastic)

big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, we know you're morals, now here's your priorities. You'd be the uneducated villain...

He'd only be uneducated in things that don't matter. If I wwrre a junior or Senior in High School and I knew I had some of these powers I'd drop out too, School doesn't really teach you things about morals or even logic, for that matter.

chickenlover98

To SDJ;

Perhaps Alejandro did not understand him, but Sylar looks like he's got a bloody nose; maybe they'd be tussling.

We currently have no way of telling that Sylar took Candice's power, but in the last episode we heard much clock-ticking that is associated with Sylar's power; it's possible that his original power is functioning, if he can't use his other powers due to his injury.

yea i wuld be the uneducated villian. making sure i know how my power works. just because u dont like how i would usee my powers plz dont be a dick about it mad i would practice my ass off. wouldnt you?

exanda kane
laughing

Mairuzu
People seem to forget that Sylar's original power is knowing how things work. That's why he has such fine control over his telekinesis and indeed all of his powers. If he took Maya's power, then it would be the same way. Yea, i think the only thing i've seem him struggle at least a little bit was with the Enhanced hearing

dont kill the D.R. Boy!

rickyduck
yea i wuld be the uneducated villian. making sure i know how my power works. just because u dont like how i would usee my powers plz dont be a dick about it mad i would practice my ass off. wouldnt you?

lol someone took things a bit to seriously stick out tongue

{{QS}}
People seem to forget that Sylar's original power is knowing how things work. That's why he has such fine control over his telekinesis and indeed all of his powers. If he took Maya's power, then it would be the same way.

Then why did Super-hearing mess him up so bad?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Then why did Super-hearing mess him up so bad? yea, i asked the same thing... but he only struggled for that one episode didn't he?

Tattoo
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Then why did Super-hearing mess him up so bad?

He still had to get used to it. Some powers are simpler for him to control, while others can take a little while to get used to.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Tattoo
He still had to get used to it. Some powers are simpler for him to control, while others can take a little while to get used to. Which is why he got use to it faster then Dale did... she still had problems with while having it for a while... and Sylar took less then a day did he not?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
yea, i asked the same thing... but he only struggled for that one episode didn't he?

True, but that was the one power that was always on. The others have to be "activated" to work. As of right now, we know that Maya doesn't have the ability to turn her power off once it starts. Would be interesting to see what would happen to Sylar with that power.

Mairuzu
Enhanced hearing is always on? I don't think so... that would suck

The Pict
I can't wait for this episode. I wonder who HRG shot?

Tattoo
Originally posted by celestialdemon
True, but that was the one power that was always on. The others have to be "activated" to work. As of right now, we know that Maya doesn't have the ability to turn her power off once it starts. Would be interesting to see what would happen to Sylar with that power.

The power is not always on, it's just that Dale couldn't control it, so it seemed like it was always on. Sylar got it working right and now he has advanced hearing only when he wants it.

Mairuzu
Yup

celestialdemon
The power is not always on, it's just that Dale couldn't control it, so it seemed like it was always on. Sylar got it working right and now he has advanced hearing only when he wants it.

Okay, maybe "always on" was a bad term. What I meant is that power kicked in automatically and had to be controlled in order to turn it off. That's different from everyone else's power which is "off" until it's used.

For example, in the X-Men world, Nightcrawler has to consciously use his power to teleport. He doesn't just do it. However, Shadowcat is always intangible. She has to consciously stop herself from doing it.

Tattoo
Okay, maybe "always on" was a bad term. What I meant is that power kicked in automatically and had to be controlled in order to turn it off. That's different from everyone else's power which is "off" until it's used.

For example, in the X-Men world, Nightcrawler has to consciously use his power to teleport. He doesn't just do it. However, Shadowcat is always intangible. She has to consciously stop herself from doing it.

Where is your proof that advanced hearing is always on but needs to be controlled to stop it? I'm thinking it's the exact opposite, it's always off for Sylar until he needs it.

Shadowcat is always intangible? confused How can she sleep? She wouldn't able to consciously stop her power during rest.

celestialdemon
Where is your proof that advanced hearing is always on but needs to be controlled to stop it? I'm thinking it's the exact opposite, it's always off for Sylar until he needs it.

Um, the fact that both Dale and Sylar were in pain when it first kicked in. Sylar wasn't actively trying to listen to everything around him. He was trying to shut it off. Dale had to wear earmuffs at first because it hurt her.

Shadowcat is always intangible? confused How can she sleep? She wouldn't able to consciously stop her power during rest.

Don't ask me. It's canon, though.

Tattoo
Um, the fact that both Dale and Sylar were in pain when it first kicked in. Sylar wasn't actively trying to listen to everything around him. He was trying to shut it off. Dale had to wear earmuffs at first because it hurt her.

Don't ask me. It's canon, though.

Dale also didn't have full control of her powers, powers can go off at first even if you later on have to consciously make them work, ala Peter with his many mimicked powers.

I just checked the Kitty Pryde wiki and they did mention that she did have the tangible state all the time...but only for a limited time. She started off as a full solid and needed to make her power kick in, for a short time her origins were changed and she needed to will herself to be solid, but nowadays she's back to how she started...as a solid being who needs to concentrate to make her powers work.

celestialdemon
Dale also didn't have full control of her powers, powers can go off at first even if you later on have to consciously make them work, ala Peter with his many mimicked powers.

That's the difference. Peter's and everyone else's power came and went depending on the situation. They still didn't have control over them, though. When Dale's power kicked in, it was on until she learned how to stop it. There's a difference.

I just checked the Kitty Pryde wiki and they did mention that she did have the tangible state all the time...but only for a limited time. She started off as a full solid and needed to make her power kick in, for a short time her origins were changed and she needed to will herself to be solid, but nowadays she's back to how she started...as a solid being who needs to concentrate to make her powers work.

Ah, so they changed it back. I didn't know that.

Mairuzu
Basically, dale had poor control over her power, as did Sylar for a bit...

and they didn't have to work on using their power like Hiro, but they had to work on stopping it, i think thats what celest is trying to say.

celestialdemon
Basically, dale had poor control over her power, as did Sylar for a bit...

and they didn't have to work on using their power like Hiro, but they had to work on stopping it, i think thats what celest is trying to say.

thumb up Thank you.

Mairuzu
You're welcome... now die!

Bespin Bart
Ted's power was always on, it seemed.

Mairuzu
I wouldn't say ALWAYS on, but his radiation would "leak" out of him which killed his wife...

it was just an unstable power

celestialdemon
You're welcome... now die!

I choose cake!

S_D_J
3 clips from "The Line"

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html

Captain REX
So yeah...Mr. Bennet is a badass at all times. It's a given.

Blax_Hydralisk
Interestingly enough.

For man without powers, he kicks all sorts of ass.

Captain REX
He doesn't even need powers. If it had them, I would be less amused by how much ass he kicks.

S_D_J
Agreed... Mr Bennet is one of the, if not the, best characters of Heroes... and he doesn't even have a power...

... and now we are in Russia big grin, so Heroes is moving all over the world(well he was already there last episode, but that's besides the point)

... I still don't like West, though....

Mairuzu
amagad!!! 2 hours 20 mins!

Mairuzu
Wow, New york needs to stop betting pwned

chickenlover98
seriously. always new york. i thought they woulda ended that trend with the bomb

Mairuzu
you know, i dont think its just new york, it said 93% of the worlds population is dead...

Is it just me or is heroes repeating itself?

Destroy the virus save the world..

Captain REX
Peter teleported, then?

Ordained
To answer Rex's question, he time-traveled.

Mair, it's not just you. I totally agree that they should make up some new ideas but the repetition is still working for them, however.

I also wouldn't mind seeing other locations that plays a major part in the story line.

Captain REX
I wouldn't mind if the repetition lessened.

And it seems that Niki is there to "ensure that there are no misunderstandings" with her enhanced strength...

starlock
So is the chic who causes diseases(black tears) the cause or does sylar get her power? or is it the virus mohinder is worried about? whatever it is, it looks bad

celestialdemon
If it killed that much of the population, it's probably going to be the virus rather than Maya. That seems to have a much better chance of being spread nationwide.

Mairuzu
HRG is a badass, agreed? Even though hes back to his evil ways

Ordained
I wouldn't mind if the repetition lessened.

And it seems that Niki is there to "ensure that there are no misunderstandings" with her enhanced strength... I don't like the repetition either, I was just saying that it's still making the show good.

I hate the fact that Niki is working with the company again.

If it killed that much of the population, it's probably going to be the virus rather than Maya. That seems to have a much better chance of being spread nationwide. IDK about the virus. It could be Maya's power. The preview for next week's episode said that evil unleashed it and that good has to stop it. What is Sylar did get Maya's power and used it to the best of it's abilities? I don't think that the virus is evil...Unless someone harnessed it no expression

Mairuzu
Well they were headed to newyork... i thought they agreed to not use the virus? then again it is the company

and i agree niki working with the company is lame... she needs to be liked already instead of hated again

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Ordained
I don't like the repetition either, I was just saying that it's still making the show good.

I hate the fact that Niki is working with the company again.

IDK about the virus. It could be Maya's power. The preview for next week's episode said that evil unleashed it and that good has to stop it. What is Sylar did get Maya's power and used it to the best of it's abilities? I don't think that the virus is evil...Unless someone harnessed it no expression

It's the virus. Here's the official preview for the next episode.

!!!DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ON THE NEXT EPISODE!!!

Nov. 5
2.7 OUT OF TIME
WHILE SEVERAL HEROES FACE OFF AGAINST THE "NIGHTMARE MAN," PETER LEARNS JUST HOW DEADLY THE VIRUS CAN BE -- When one of his forgotten abilities suddenly manifests, Peter and Caitlin get thrown into a crisis situation, and learn first-hand just how deadly the mysterious virus striking people with abilities can be. Suresh, Matt, Nathan, Niki and Bob band together to fend off the "nightmare man's" attack. Despite Claire's best efforts to keep them apart, West learns that the man who kidnapped him as a child is her father. Meanwhile, in feudal Japan, Hiro and Kensei's legendary journey takes a dramatic, final turn.

Mairuzu
Looking good, i hope the focus on peter more, im sick of seeing those 2 min screen time for him

Gideon
Bennett is, officially, the greatest badass on that show. He kicks more ass than Peter and doesn't even have powers (once again establishing that Bennett > Peter in the intelligence category -- and it's not close).

Mairuzu
haha true... dammit.

but I believe that peter pwns more in 5 years gone

exanda kane
Peter? Oh, you meant Neo? Sorry, I really did not have a clue, lost me there.

Mairuzu
Neo... HAHAHA not even close... His acting wasnt shitty

Captain REX
I think the resembelance to Neo was intentional, as was discussed around the time of 5 Years Gone in the old main thread. "Apocalyptic" future, a central hero trying to right the wrongs, he possesses great power...it makes sense.

Mairuzu
It was just a trench coat, he didnt have the glasses or anything.. and he was more badass..

even hiro had one on didnt he?

exanda kane
Neo... HAHAHA not even close... His acting wasnt shitty

It wasn't?

Brit
It was more than just the trench coat. Peter behaved as Neo would have...

~Forever*Alone~
thiiiiiiis episode waS better than the last one, i liked the evil prank they pulled....

but, i dont think that guy, claires boyfriend really cares about her.

chickenlover98
west isnt evil for christs sake. he is just some guy. just leave his ass alone. i want him to meet nathan though

~Forever*Alone~
west isnt evil for christs sake. he is just some guy. just leave his ass alone. i want him to meet nathan though

i never said he was evil,i wasnt making a personal attack on him, i said the prank was evil, which was thought up by both him and claire, so... and i dont even know this guy, sheesh, someone is getting a little defensive.

exanda kane

laughing

Entity
west isnt evil for christs sake. he is just some guy. just leave his ass alone. i want him to meet nathan though God I hope he turns out to be exactly what I think he is.

If so I can't wait to throw it in yalls faces. This guy is just not cool trust me! Among others obvious hints, just to many coincidences don'tcha think?

What are the odds she would move to a school and meet a guy with the same ability as the father she never really came to know well and a past of hate towards the one she did know?

S_D_J
Out of all episodes this season, this one was the one I liked the least... it wasn't a terrible episode but somethings I felt a little bit unbearable to watch...Mohinder flip-flopping time and time again, Claire and that idiotic West and their evil plan to throw down the queen cheerleader... it all seem a little bit out of character for both of them (I expected that out of West... but Claire?...) and then Niki... I hope next episode can fix Niki's role in all of this (besides making her knock out Mohinder yet again)

I have to say Maya did annoyed me this time around, I like her character and her story, but she's blindly following Sylar and trusting him on everything, instead of listening (just a little bit) to her brother whom been with her since, like, forever...
Sylar exposition dialogue was unnecessary... though it make him look like a badass...

btw: he is completely powerless... I don't think the ticking sound has anything to do with his power... but it's just somewhat of "theme song" for him

what was good: Bennet... I just went OMG when he shot Ivan... I totally thought we will only see the bullet being fired, but his head banging the cabinet and the blood eek!... he is by far the best character...

Im' gonna have to finish by quoting IGN's review

couldn't said it any better

~Forever*Alone~
omg agreed!

Mairuzu
like i said... repetition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.