my brothers friend was murdered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Forever*Alone~
im worried about my brother now....

Leo.M
Why was he killed? Do you know yet?

~Forever*Alone~
it was drug/gang related

Impediment
Care to elaborate on the situation?

Details?

~Forever*Alone~
im not so clear on that, it with a gun with a homemade silencer and he was in his apartment near where my brother works, and six other people were killed too....

chillmeistergen
Bloody hell.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
im not so clear on that, it with a gun with a homemade silencer and he was in his apartment near where my brother works, and six other people were killed too....
shock
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Bloody hell.
shockyes
petpet It'll be alright. hug

chillmeistergen
Does your brother have involvement in gangs?

~Forever*Alone~
im not sure if its a gang really, but he deffinately hangs out with the wrong type of people. very scary people.

Leo.M
See kids, this why we don't sell drugs. ermm

Tattoo

That sucks...

it was drug/gang related

...but, then again, he had it coming to him.

chillmeistergen
That should go for soldiers too.

Impediment

I'm an ex-soldier. You think I had it coming to me when I got shot in Iraq?

Leo.M

Yeah they had it coming alright. Cause soldiers and gang members are the same. wanknone

chillmeistergen
Well, I don't think you had it coming to you, but I think you knew the risks and you have to accept that if you enter the military, there's a risk of getting shot.

Impediment
Well, I don't think you had it coming to you, but I think you knew the risks and you have to accept that if you enter the military, there's a risk of getting shot.

Then why mention soldiers? I'm actually insulted that you would say that.

Many good people I knew from the Army didn't make it home. Did they have it coming? Despite the risks we knew we had to face.............that's why I have a speech impediment (I stutter), I really feel that was a very bad generalization.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Impediment

Many good people I knew from the Army didn't make it home. Did they have it coming? Despite the risks we knew we had to face.............that's why I have a speech impediment (I stutter), I really feel that was a very bad generalization.

I used the comparison to show how silly the point was, my point was we shouldn't generalise.

Impediment
Ok.

Kram3r

That's why I love you man. You had the balls to go into an unpopular invasion, but you did it. Also, you saw a donkey show. stick out tongue

Impediment
Originally posted by Kram3r
That's why I love you man. You had the balls to go into an unpopular invasion, but you did it. Also, you saw a donkey show. stick out tongue

Jesus. You remember me telling you that?

heartbeat I love even more. heartbeat

Strangelove
I used the comparison to show how silly the point was, my point was we shouldn't generalise. Gang members are a lot easier to generalize as "deserving it" than soldiers.

Impediment
Originally posted by Strangelove
Gang members are a lot more easy to generalize as "deserving it" than soldiers.

Thank you.

Kram3r
Jesus. You remember me telling you that?

heartbeat I love even more. heartbeat

How could I forget dude!? One of the most awesome things I've ever heard a dude do, mad experience to have!

Impediment
It was both exciting and disgusting.

She, the woman, took all of that animal schlong! I actually kinda felt bad for the donkey.

chillmeistergen
Gang members are a lot easier to generalize as "deserving it" than soldiers.

Well, gang members are killing for money, so are soldiers.

Impediment
Well, gang members are killing for money, so are soldiers.

Gang members are thugs with no agenda but to bully people. Many people say the same thing about the U.S. Military, but we choose to serve our country, and to expand our horizons. War, allbeit somewhat inevitable, is not something we do for money. I'm still in therapy for the horrors I saw and had to do. Not for money, mind you, but for my very life. My survival. How dare you compare me to a gang member?

Impediment
*double post*

Sorry.

chillmeistergen
Gang members are thugs with no agenda but to bully people. Many people say the same thing about the U.S. Military, but we choose to serve our country, and to expand our horizons. War, allbeit somewhat inevitable, is not something we do for money. I'm still in therapy for the horrors I saw and had to do. Not for money, mind you, but for my very life. My survival. How dare you compare me to a gang member?

Would you defend your country for nothing? If so, good on you, most wouldn't.

The comparison I'm making is strictly concerning the statement made of, ''he had it coming''. In entering the military, and in entering a career of a thug, you make a conscious decision to risk your life as an occupation. In both, there is a risk of getting shot and killed, and both are consciously entered on the premise (usually) of economic gain.

Rogue Jedi
a career as a thug....now I have heard it ALL. wanker

chillmeistergen
I'm sorry, Rogue? Do they work part time, down the dry cleaners on weekends?

Rogue Jedi
I'm sorry, Rogue? Do they work part time, down the dry cleaners on weekends? some might. do they file for taxes as a thug?

chillmeistergen
The Oxford English Dictionary says one's career is one's "course or progress through life (or a distinct portion of life)".

Rogue Jedi
The Oxford English Dictionary says one's career is one's "course or progress through life (or a distinct portion of life)". so if someone spends their life begging for change, their career can be defined as "beggar?"

chillmeistergen
As far as I'm concerned, yeah.

BlackC@
Well I'm a pacifist, so I don't believe in war of any kind. But when the Revolution comes I will have to destroy you all.

Strangelove
Would you defend your country for nothing? If so, good on you, most wouldn't.

The comparison I'm making is strictly concerning the statement made of, ''he had it coming''. In entering the military, and in entering a career of a thug, you make a conscious decision to risk your life as an occupation. In both, there is a risk of getting shot and killed, and both are consciously entered on the premise (usually) of economic gain. People who join the U.S. Armed Forces don't do for the monetary benefits. There are plenty of jobs that don't involve threat to life, limb and mental health that pay better. People who join the military do so out of service to their country.

Don't you dare compare the men and women in uniform of the United States or indeed any nation to lawless thugs, you tactless prick.

(Unless they are lawless thugs, i.e. the armed forces of a corrput regime)

chillmeistergen
People who join the U.S. Armed Forces don't do for the monetary benefits. There are plenty of jobs that don't involve threat to life, limb and mental health that pay better. People who join the military do so out of service to their country.

Don't you dare compare the men and women in uniform of the United States or indeed any nation to lawless thugs, you tactless prick.

I will dare to do exactly as I please. As I've already said, how many would do the same for free? I know that, in my own country every single person I know who's entered the army, has done so for the money and that's the main selling point that's pumped through the media.

I'm not comparing their daily duties, to that of gangsters. Why can't you understand that? I'm comparing the risks involved, which each individual knowingly enters, from each separate occupation.

Impediment
People who join the U.S. Armed Forces don't do for the monetary benefits. There are plenty of jobs that don't involve threat to life, limb and mental health that pay better. People who join the military do so out of service to their country.

(Unless they are lawless thugs, i.e. the armed forces of a corrput regime)

I couldn't have said it better, B. I respect you even more now. wink

Strangelove
I will dare to do exactly as I please. As I've already said, how many would do the same for free? I know that, in my own country every single person I know who's entered the army, has done so for the money and that's the main selling point that's pumped through the media.

I'm not comparing their daily duties, to that of gangsters. Why can't you understand that? I'm comparing the risks involved, which each individual knowingly enters, from each separate occupation. Am I denying that soldiers should be paid? No. I don't know about your friends in the U.K., but here in the U.S.A., the people who I know that joined the armed forces aren't doing it just for the money.

You're oversimplifying the similarities that exist between soldiers and gang members. Soldiers run the risk of being shot/killed, yes, but in a line of work far more noble than theft, pimping, and drugs. Soldiers do not "have it coming." Gang members do.

Kram3r

Hahaha, I so want to **** you right now.

Rogue Jedi

I'm not comparing their daily duties, to that of gangsters. Why can't you understand that? I'm comparing the risks involved, which each individual knowingly enters, from each separate occupation. you are forgetting the countless number of enlistees who join for the on the job training and GI bill, for college during afterwards.

chillmeistergen
Am I denying that soldiers should be paid? No. I don't know about your friends in the U.K., but here in the U.S.A., the people who I know that joined the armed forces aren't doing it just for the money.

You're oversimplifying the similarities that exist between soldiers and gang members. Soldiers run the risk of being shot/killed, yes, but in a line of work far more noble than theft, pimping, and drugs. Soldiers do not "have it coming." Gang members do.

From what I've heard, read about and the people I've spoken to from the U.S army, I've been hearing a different story. This is before they actually go out and fight in wars of course, everyone's gong to say they did it for their country then. This is when they're just applying and are absolutely ecstatic at the idea of getting paid, and not having to pay for meals and board etc.

Oh, so now we're entering that moral upheaval bit. What you've said is subjective, soldiers kill people; I see no difference in killing a person in the desert, because you've been told to by your country, and killing another gangster in a drive by, due to a turf war. Or are you putting more worth on the members of your own country, than those of others?

Strangelove
From what I've heard, read about and the people I've spoken to from the U.S army, I've been hearing a different story. This is before they actually go out and fight in wars of course, everyone's gong to say they did it for their country then. This is when they're just applying and are absolutely ecstatic at the idea of getting paid, and not having to pay for meals and board etc.

Oh, so now we're entering that moral upheaval bit. What you've said is subjective, soldiers kill people; I see no difference in killing a person in the desert, because you've been told to by your country, and killing another gangster in a drive by, due to a turf war. Or are you putting more worth on the members of your own country, than those of others? Like I said, there are better paying jobs in the United States that don't involve serious risk.

Ah, you are mistaken; I am referring to the armed services in general, you are speaking just to the military action in Iraq. Despite the machinations of the current administration, the United States Armed Services' duty is to defend the United States, not to kill others. I disagree with the conflict in Iraq as much as you probably do.

I do not base the value of one's life by what country they're from. There are times when I weep for the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who have been killed or displaced by this military action. I would never do that for lives lost in a gang war.

chillmeistergen
Like I said, there are better paying jobs in the United States that don't involve serious risk.

Ah, you are mistaken; I am referring to the armed services in general, you are speaking just to the military action in Iraq. Despite the machinations of the current administration, the United States Armed Services' duty is to defend the United States, not to kill others. I disagree with the conflict in Iraq as much as you probably do.

I do not base the value of one's life by what country they're from. There are times when I weep for the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who have been killed or displaced by this military action. I would never do that for lives lost in a gang war.

Without, free food and board. The thought of earning and stock piling it all till you get home, is a very attractive one.

The armed services' job though, is to do pretty much whatever the country feels is necessary to deter whatever they deem to be a threat, for instance the Iraq war.

You have my up most respect for that, there are far too many who do not see a life as a life, if it is not in possession of the passport of their nation.

For me, I think of all lives as being equal. Yes, what gang members do is definitely wrong, but they're still living, breathing, thinking human beings and I can't just dismiss a death as being earned.

Strangelove
The armed services' job though, is to do pretty much whatever the country feels is necessary to deter whatever they deem to be a threat, for instance the Iraq war. The conflict the Iraq is the only preemptive strike America has ever been a part of. Of course I regret the loss of human life, but I find it hard to feel sorry for those involved.

backdoorman
Am I denying that soldiers should be paid? No. I don't know about your friends in the U.K., but here in the U.S.A., the people who I know that joined the armed forces aren't doing it just for the money.

Why is killing Iraqis "for your country" in foreign land more noble than selling drugs?

chillmeistergen
The conflict the Iraq is the only preemptive strike America has ever been a part of.

My point isn't about past wars or present ones. Applicants to the armed forces, apply in the full knowledge (or should do) that they may well have to take part in a war, for whatever reason, not always one they'll agree with - in the name of their country.

Strangelove
My point isn't about past wars or present ones. Applicants to the armed forces, apply in the full knowledge (or should do) that they may well have to take part in a war, for whatever reason, not always one they'll agree with - in the name of their country. True.

Strangelove
Originally posted by backdoorman
Why is killing Iraqis "for your country" in foreign land more noble than selling drugs? As you obviously failed to read, I'm not talking about the Iraq military action.

backdoorman
As you obviously failed to read, I'm not talking about the Iraq military action.
Ok. Why is being an American soldier more noble a line of work than selling drugs?

Impediment
My point isn't about past wars or present ones. Applicants to the armed forces, apply in the full knowledge (or should do) that they may well have to take part in a war, for whatever reason, not always one they'll agree with - in the name of their country.

I agree. However, if one soldier gets, say, his neck shot, like I did, or someone loses their legs, like my buddy, did we, as you so eloquently put it, "have it coming"?

chillmeistergen
I agree. However, if one soldier gets, say, his neck shot, like I did, or someone loses their legs, like my buddy, did we, as you so eloquently put it, "have it coming"?

I never put it like that.

What I said was, that people enter the military in the full knowledge that they may be injured or killed. So in the most vague sense you did have it coming, not because of some moral or karma type thing, but as it is the job of being in the military, to pretty much be in harms way.
That's not me trying to take away any of the courage that has to go into it, it's just me saying that that's what can and does happen.

Strangelove
Ok. Why is being an American soldier more noble a line of work than selling drugs? Are you suggesting that selling drugs is somehow more noble?

backdoorman
Are you suggesting that selling drugs is somehow more noble?
No, I am asking you why you think being an American soldier is more noble than selling drugs.

Strangelove
No, I am asking you why you think being an American soldier is more noble than selling drugs. And by asking that question you are implying that maybe being a soldier is not more noble than selling drugs. Rather than explain something that is obvious, I'd like to know why this question occurred to you.

backdoorman
If you have no logical reasoning for such a claim you should just say so.
Why did it occur to me? It seemed like the sort of thing people say without giving it much thought. It'd be interesting if you proved this wasn't the case with you.

Strangelove
I do have a logical basis for my claim.

Syren
So, can we get back to the fact that the thread starter is concerned about her brother?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Syren
So, can we get back to the fact that the thread starter is concerned about her brother? Mebbe

Switch 07
Originally posted by BlackC@
Well I'm a pacifist, so I don't believe in war of any kind. But when the Revolution comes I will have to destroy you all. Except you Joey. happy

Strangelove
Originally posted by Switch 07
Except you Joey. happy Fixed wink

Switch 07
Fixed wink Wow funny. wink

Strangelove
Originally posted by Switch 07
Wow funny. wink Wasn't trying to be funny. Was trying to be proper.

Syren
Mebbe

Inconsiderate to the end nono

Rogue Jedi
Are you suggesting that selling drugs is somehow more noble? did he really just ask that? laughing

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Kram3r
Also, you saw a donkey show. stick out tongue Hot.

NASA
I don't give a f*ck who died!

Tough Luck!

Blax_Hydralisk
That was.. really random no expression

backdoorman
I do have a logical basis for my claim.
Oh, okay then.

~Forever*Alone~
he was the most decent guy...

SelphieT
Was he attractive?

KFox9r9r

Hope your bro gets to feeling better sad

rickyduck
Originally posted by Leo.M
See kids, this why we don't sell drugs. ermm

Its why we take them.

Seriously, my deepest condolences go out to you and your brother, and your brothers friends family. Where was this? Does your brother personally know the murderer?

Mairuzu
Make sure he keeps a piece on him!

~Forever*Alone~
we dont know who the murderer is.

and thank you

Sol Valentine
Hope you and your bro feel better.

Just try to tell him not to hang with that crowd anymore.

Mairuzu
He should go out into hiding for now, get some plastic surgery and what not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.