The Big London Meeting thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Well, a medium-sized meeting, anyway. Unless I meant London, which is CERTAINLY big.

Anyway, one way or another word has gotten around that several members of this board are trying to organise the first ever proper multi-meeting of people of the board, in real life, where we can scare each other by being entirely different than we are when around here.

This started with Corran being keen to come see me, as he was capable of doing so, and that sort of expanded into the idea that we may as well see how many people could make it to London to meet.

So the plan is that we meet for some form of social function in London during this month, probably at a weekend.

Now, rather than trying to get the word through to people seperately, which is making organisation difficult, myself and Corran agreed it would be a good idea to make a thread here about it, where people can express interest and we can organise a firm date. Once that is done we will PM people coming with the final details.

So, well, first of all, I can make any bloody time at all. I am extremely flexible since I have nothing to cancel. Except next thursday's nurse hunt.

I believe Mech needs a weekend, and Corran is probably better with that as well.

Zereil, tell us when you can make it...

And we are still waiting to hear back from Lara and BG, especially as your contact number seemed to be no good, BG!

If anyone else wants to come and CAN come... then say so here!

Let's see if we can ACTUALLY get this together...

Captain REX
I don't think I can make it... stick out tongue laughing out loud

How big IS London? LA-sized? San Fran-sized?

Ushgarak
Bigger. Greater London population is over seven million; those two are about the one million mark. It's more like New York size.

Tex
Well I'll just hop on Concord and get my regular suite and the Savoy and we can meet up whenever!laughing out loud

mah
take pics!

zimbo
I live in York but even I can't come.First becouse I'm only 14 and I can't come by myself,second I'm sure you don't want to meet with 14 years old boy and the last one how you can see I don't speak english good enough.

Dim
What's your native language zimbo? Too bad you're only 14. I don't think the language would be too much of a hamper.

zimbo
I speak Romanian.But now i'm going her in school so I think maybe in year I will speak better.

Dim
Ooooooooooh...well, if it helps I think you're doing pretty good since we get the handle of what you're saying.

About the meeting...I worry that it might do more harm than good. It seems to me that it always sours after people meet other people...in this board's experience.

zimbo
I'm sure when you meet (if you meet)in London you all will be surprised
to see real faces your friends.
I hope you'll understand me.

BackFire349
i farted sad

Dim
Don't worry zimbo..they're a smart group..they'd understand you I think. Anyway..I hope you're right..

And now I know why I never tried to meet BF..hehehe

Julie
I don't think I'd make this meeting either...but I'll be here

Sabrea
i cant go..i dont think my mom would just allow me to go to london..especially to meet people from the internet sad

BackFire349
i live half way across the world. but ill do my darndest.

ToMacco
BackFire laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Much appreication for those who want to come but can't- no problem, Zimbo.

We will, of course, take pics, and try and prove old cynicy-boots Dim wrong.

Sabrea
i WANT to go..i really do..only, i cant exactly go unless my mom says yes..and i highly doubt she'll say "oh yea sarah..of couse you can go to london to meet people from the internet"...lol, i WISH..

Ushgarak
That's very kind of you to want to come, Sab! Maybe for Episode III, huh?

BackFire349
i would if i lived in london. too bad i live in california.

PadmeSkywalker
I would come, but again, I concur with Sabrea, my dad would be like, "Heck no." Also, I am finically unable. But be sure to take pictures!

Ushgarak
We will!

PadmeSkywalker
good, I am dying to know what you look like Ush

PadmeSkywalker
besides, I want a face to put with the guy that wins "The most hugs I give through the internet award to"

Ushgarak
My pic has been up here before! Want me to post it again?

PadmeSkywalker
where was it?

Ushgarak
Oooh, in many threads over time.

But here it is again, the b&w pic of myself taken by my photo artist friend... over a year back now!

Ushgarak
Here it is

PadmeSkywalker
Ush, you look like this guy I know, he'a about 22-23 years old...but man you two look so much alike...

Ushgarak
And this was me with Edna...

ToMacco
Was his name Ush?

Ushgarak
Sorry, this one is a better size

BackFire349
black and white.....how dramatic smile

Ushgarak
Oh, my friend hates colour photos.

BG has given me an address to write to her at. So much for the comms revolution...

mechmoggy
In that last pic Ush, the first thing that caught my eye is that some sort of terrible creature seems to be slowly escaping from that cupboard behind you.......

Anyhoo, I'm just texting my mucka Carl to see if the weekend starting 23rd Nov is cool with him.

Ushgarak
Oh my God!

(Checks cupboard)

Nothing there. What the heck were you talking about, anyway?

mechmoggy
I dunno, the cupboard door behind you and Edna seemed to be slowly creeking open like some bad Italian horror film....... maybe I got a little carried away with the mushrooms after leaving school. sad

Just had a reply from my mate, "Not sure yet", was his reply. S'pose he's gonna have to clear it with his Mrs.

BackFire349
haha.

PadmeSkywalker
No his name is Matt....anyway, sorry I can't come to this meeting Ush, it would be nice to meet you, then maybe you could get the backrub I was talking about

Ushgarak
(Cries)

Stupid Atlantic!

PadmeSkywalker
yes I know, it seperates me from so many people

Ushgarak
Gundy and phinney have the same problem. Darn that mighty ocean!

PadmeSkywalker
yes I know, whatever are we to do

Sabrea
the ocean isnt my problem..its my parents..maybe i can try jedi mind tricks on them..lol..

Ushgarak
Isn't the ocean still SOMEWHAT of a problem, Sab?

Sabrea
not really..there is an invention called the plane..maybe you've heard of it..

Ushgarak
You have almost a thousand dollars spare for the return ticket?

Sabrea
yes...i could take it out of my collage money, no biggie..

Ushgarak
I think it is QUITE a biggie!

Sabrea
why?? its not that much money..

Ushgarak
Isn't it? A thousand dollars? I think the others will disagree!

Sabrea
collage isnt that important to me anywayz..remember..im gonna be an actress..

PadmeSkywalker
I see....wanna throw that money over here, I'm in the top 15 percent of my class but my family can't afford to send me to college

Sabrea
lol..when i become famous and get a lot more money..

PadmeSkywalker
yes! *dances for the fact that someone may help her get to college* If it helps any, when I earn my masters in Directing or Stage Design, I will be sure to get you into auditions some actors would kill to get into

Sabrea
lol..thanx

PadmeSkywalker
No problem

Sabrea
and when i become famous i can kidnap hayden..lol..

PadmeSkywalker
hey, I'll help

Ushgarak
Well, isn't everyone happy!

Meanwhile, let's not forget the purpose of this thread! Still waiting for Lara to give us her available dates!

PadmeSkywalker
sorry

Lara
sounds like every one is happy except for you ush! why so cynical?

Corran
I can make it to London, or anywhere near on the evenings of 6, 7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28 Nov, or the weekend of 16th, 23rd or 30th Nov.

I could even call in near Birmingham on evenings of 14, 21 or 28th - Mech?

Lara
you must have bottemless pockets!

Corran
No, I wouldn't be able to afford ALL of those, just some.

Lara

Corran
And your points are?

Lara
no points!

Corran
Don't understand the point of your previous post then, please explain.

mechmoggy
Those are all week nights Corran, are you trying to help me lose my job?! I'll see what I can afford and get back to you.... oh dear god I'm gonna have to work another Friday stinking of booze.

I'm still waiting for an answer from my mate about London, having seen him last night he's concerned he'd feel a little left out. I assured him that none of us really know each other well enough to "leave someone out"!

Corran
I could do a Sunday evening on the way back down, oh wait it's still a work day the next day.

mechmoggy
big grin

Ushgarak
Lara is having a bit of a personal life re-think now, she tells me.

I have to snail mail BG with details so we'll need stuff arranged a good way in advance if she is to make it.

mechmoggy
No probs, to be fair I think we all need quite a lead-time to arrange anything. If past efforts are anything to go by, we all couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. sad

Gundark
If I come over, am I going to need a chaperone ?

Ushgarak
Yes. We will all do it.

Lara may still make it, just dodgy is all.

Lara
sorry, you've lost me!

Ushgarak
Err... I was saying it was dodgy whether you were coming or not...

Lara
yeh! sowwy!

Ushgarak
It's ok; we are still proving no good at getting it done yet.

Lara
laughing shame, so many of us yet we cant construct a barn! *shakes head!* now that aint right.

Ushgarak
I kind of wait for everyone else, really, seeing as I can virtually make any time. I guess December is no worse than November... just it should be SOME time, yeah?

Lara
I really am not sure.

Ushgarak
I was talking in general, not for you specifically.

Lara
I know, I just thought I'd reply anyway, just to let you know your not talking to yourself!

Ushgarak
Err... thankyou...

Any more contributions from the others?

finti
hey

Lara
*sniggers*

Ushgarak
Hello... not quite what I had in mind, though. Unless you can pop over from Viking Land!

finti
*in a Mr Bean voice* pop out for some lunch

Lara
*shakes head*

finti
make sure it is screwed on properly before you shake it

Lara
*head falls to the floor!* what did you have to say that for? roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
so it did stop before it cut your head off, but you shaked it off instead.

Corran
Ush, who has agreed to turn up upto now?

Maybe we need to get some phone numbers PM'd and start calling to get it kick started a little better.

Ushgarak
Yourself and myself and Mech (dependant on weekends)

I have written to BG who will do what she can, and am in close contact with Lara who is in a life crisis right now but may yet be available. It would be nice if we can get it so they don't kill each other when they meet.

Still willing to welcome anyone else who wants to meet!

finti
make sure to take pictures

Lara
blah!..........................*starts foaming at the mouth*....................

Ushgarak
Err... that doesn't sound good...

Lara
....*still foaming*..............blah! di! dar! blah! blah! blah!.........

Ushgarak
Ok, Lara, just WHY are you doing that?

Lara
....head.............unatta....tched..............not........go..od! .......

Ushgarak
Oh, blimey, here we are actually trying to have a serious conversation!

(Replaced head securely)

Happy?

queeq
Nicely off topic. evil face Killing this one.

Ushgarak
No, we need this one open. But please keep it on topic now, people.

queeq
I'll be watching!!!

You can always open a new one.

Ushgarak
I can, but I don't see the point. And as mod here I can designate this thread protected...

queeq
I'm a mod here too. Overruling a fellow mod in public is rather rude, actually, It was over 100 and off topic. And off topic for quite a few threads. So it was perfectly legal.

Ushgarak
Off topic for about five posts, queeq, which is very few indeed, and this thread is important.

queeq
It was still legal. You could have conferred.

Ushgarak
I didn't think you would be so touchy about it. I thought it common sense that this is an important thread that was only very briefly off-topic; there is nothing to be gained by closing it and it is just a waste of space to open new ones. We are organising the meeting here and not spreading the details across many threads.

queeq
I checked and it had a strong tendency to go off topic for two pages. You were the only with a few scarse on topic remarks. Looks like there's not even a date yet.

Ushgarak
Well, Corran was asking as well, and I did just say that this thread must be kept on-topic in future, but in any case the point is that people might not be able to give their details quickly, so a bit of posting to keep this thread on the front page means it won't be missed when people like BG and Lara CAN give details here.

Either that or we can make it sticky.

Lara
thank you Ush, sorry for the inconvinence QUEEQ! chill dude.
you too are off topic!
back on topic. again all I can really say is if I can come I'll let you know if I cant come I'll let you know, either way at the moment I cant tell you. sorry.

queeq
So, WHEN is this infamous meeting then?

Dim
People..don't give queeq crap because he actually does his job.

...the meeting is when?

queeq
Don't you just love her.

Ushgarak
Not necessarily, no.

The meeting has no firm date yet, Dim. But nor will it if this place gets shut down.

queeq
When approximately then? This year? Next year? 2004?

Ushgarak
This year; this month or the next.

queeq
Aha.... Well, hurry. The year's almost over.

Ushgarak
Yup, I know, it's a pain...

queeq
Use a whip.

Lara
no dont!

queeq
Hurry then.

Lara
now look who's taking things off topic!?

queeq
It's what I do best, dear. But only up to 100 posts when board policy wants us to close the thread.

mah
at which time you feel an unavoidable commanding voice in your head telling you to close the thread no matter what good it can do?

mechmoggy

Corran
The club is only open Sunday afternoon between 12 and 3:30 inthe afternoon, it is near kings cross.

mechmoggy
Okay, I'll have a word with him. I think it may be early next month rather than late this month now.

Its only open for 3.5 hours?!? Jeepers, we're gonna have to get loaded before it opens. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
But then we hit a backpackers bar around the corner. Backpackers are fun.

mechmoggy
The only good backpacker is a dead backpacker.

Corran
Hmmm, bad experience there?

What are you upto tomorrow night, I can do B'ham but will need to organise a B&B/Hotel.

Ushgarak
We are still going to have to deal with the problems of taking little 'uns like Lara and BG to Church!

Corran
Right then. IF Mech is going to make a weekend of it, we could meet up with the little 'un on the Saturday afternoon, have a quiet stroll around parts of London and a quiet couple of drinks in the evening. When the kids go home we can start the party and continue through 'til the church the next day, where we will confess our sins.

Ushgarak
Ah, well... my problem is really with the admittance of them

To be sure, I think they are rather social girls. ESPECIALLY BG, who might love the place. I'd hate to give them a patronising pat on the head and send them packing when they could be enormous fun there.

Just... well, if they look younger than they are, could be BIG problems...

Corran
OK I was not thinking of excluding them, mech wants to make a weekend of it. We can do the BIG meet on the Saturday and include all. The church is pretty full on and not to some ladies tastes shall we say?
However, if they really wish to partake then so be it.

Ushgarak
To be honest with you, I think it would be far more to their tastes than my own.

Corran
OK.

Corran
Mech, can you let me know some dates that are good for you as you are the furthest away, then I will speak with Ush to work out the best times for us. If others are available the same time it'll be a goer.

Julie
wow you guys are really going through with this? Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara
church! uh un, I dont think so lads *waves figer at the men!*

Corran
Why not, it's a nice place.

Lara
yeh! if you like sitting on pews!

Corran
You are not aware of the 'special' churh then?

Lara
nah!

Corran
Did you try that link?

Ushgarak
I "reminded" her of it.

Lara
looks ok but not my kind of thing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>