Fatal frame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil angel
Right now they are tinking of making a fatal frame movie I believe that next to 1408 it is fgoing to be the best horror movie ever and sice I can't give you the link here is the rest of the info:

It all started in 2002, with a press release by Tecmo & Dreamworks, stating that Dreamworks had bought the rights to produce a fatal frame movie. In 2003, we had news that the movie would be 'fast tracked' with promises of production in 2004. (Fans assumed this would be EARLY 2004, and we'd get the movie in the fall.) However, we hadn't heard any news at E3 or TGS (the world's two largest game conventions) and everyone feared the movie had become lost. Over the past few years the Fatal Frame Movie has faded in an out of news. MoviesOnline was reporting tips that the movie may be out in November 2005 or 2006, but this tip seems to have been false.

Currently, the movie is still in its developement process to make it seem less like your typical asian horror movie. Check out the status section for more information/updates.

The movie is to be liveaction and is supposedly based on the storyline of the first Fatal Frame.

As of October, the movie has gone back to rewrites. They are having weekly meetings on the progress of the movie. Dreamworks is concerned that the movie won't do well or seem 'too similar' to other Asian Horror movies that have been coming out a lot lately. The project is by no means dead in the water, and fans are reminded that the average time it takes for a movie to go from script to being filmed is 5 years. (the project was originally announced in 2002).

There has been no casting made or decided on the movie as of yet.

The former 'unnamed' director (not steven speilberg) on the project has moved on to other projects at this point, so the movie is also looking for a new director as of October.

Movie Rumors

The following information are currently catagorized as rumors. Some of which BCL has confirmed not to be true. While they are fun to read, they should be taken with a grain of salt since the movie is still in production and plans can (and do) change.

Rumor: Courtney Webb is the lead role as Miku Hinasaki
in the Fatal Frame Movie
At first, the rumor was Courtney Webb was simply looking into the role of Miku or another part in the FF Movie. Apparently the actress has voiced this sentiment on Japanese & British television (neither of which can be confirmed at the moment). The actress is 1/4 Japanese and has prior acting experience in The Grudge and the upcoming The Cottage movies. The most recent mention of her in connection with the movie was apparently on SciFi Channel UK.

Rumor: Tim Burton is directing the Fatal Frame Movie
Tim Burton is actually taking a break from making movies at the moment, and currently the FF Movie doesn't have a director on board.

Rumor: Steven Speilberg is directing the Fatal Frame Movie
Steven Speilberg is 'overseeing' it. The movie (as of October 2005) does not have a director, nor has Speilberg made any sort of announcement that he is working on the film. He has added his imput though and is a fan of the games which he has reportedly played with his son.

Basic Information on the Fatal Frame Movie

Release Date: Unknown at this time

Studio: Dreamworks SKG
Columbia Studios & Senator international are said to be partnering for the film.

Project Status:
Script back in rewrites.

Characters/Cast:
Currently unavailable*

*Check the rumors section for casting rumors.

Crew:
Producer - John Rogers (The Core, Catwoman)
Writers - Robert Fyvolent, Mark R. Brinker, & Steven Spielberg

Sites with more movie information
Internet Movie Database : Fatal Frame Movie
Upcoming Horror Movies.com : Fatal Frame Movie
Coming Attractions : Fatal Frame Movie
Movies.com : Fatal Frame Movie

Fanmail
Note: this is the generic address for Dreamworks studios.

(name here aka, John Rogers, Rober or Mark)
c/o DreamWorks SKG
100 Universal Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Random Information

Writers Robert & Mark both played the original game several times before writing the script, to keep up with the original direction/theme of the what makes Fatal Frame, fatal frame.
Keisuke Kikuchi, the creator of Fatal Frame, has already stated that he will NOT be directly involved with the movie project.
Keisuke Kikuchi recently mentioned in an XBOX interview that he had read the screenplay for the movie.
Joypolis, SEGA's themepark, mentions the fatal frame movie in their blurb about Zero 4D Attraction.
IGN recently stated the film is still in production, and that Stephen Spieldberg is 'sheperding' the project. (He is NOT scheduled to direct it at the current time, he is working on Memoirs of a Geisha right now though!)
In recent reports of a new Transformers movie, John Rogers is credited with working on the Fatal Frame Movie
TMA studio company in 2004 created a live action 18+ movie based on Fatal Frame 2.
Moviesonline recently reported that fatal frame is scheduled to be released November 2005/2006(?).
John Rogers answered my request and recently published some information on the Fatal Frame movie in his online blog.
Steven Speilberg plays the game with his son, as revealed by John Rogers.

Quotes about the Fatal Frame Movie

John Rogers - Producer/Writer
of the upcoming Fatal Frame Movie

"Spoilers? No. But I will tell you, it happens in Japan, the camera's there, the mansion's there, and a variant of the backstory is there.

Now go follow the red butterfly into the village. I have work to do."
- source (John Roger's Online Blog)

John Rogers - Producer/Writer
of the upcoming Fatal Frame Movie

"I was attracted to the idea of doing a classic, old school haunted house picture, by focusing, too, on cool Japanese cultural additions and different ghost 'mythos' most North American audiences are unfamiliar with, we can do something unique. None of the rules about the supernatural, the characters, or our audience apply in the Fatal Frame world."
- source (John Rogers at Tokyo Game Show Convention)

Mike Deluca - Dreamworks President of Production
(no longer works with Dreamworks as of summer 2004)

"Our plan is to take the scariest video game of all time and transport that vision - complete with all the tension, fear, and storyline intact - to the big screen for everyone to experience. This is an exciting, new project with outstanding potential for DreamWorks."
- source (Corona Coming Attractions: Fatal Frame Movie)

Junji Nakamura - Tecmo, Ltd. President

"We are happy that DreamWorks, one of the premier movie studios in the world, recognized the greatness of `Fatal Frame' by Tecmo, one of the premier game developers in the world. We have great things planned for `Fatal Frame' in the future, and this motion picture deal is only the beginning."
- source (Corona Coming Attractions: Fatal Frame Movie)

Marc Haimes - DreamWorks' executive

"From all early indications, this is going to be the scariest Haunted House movie ever made. Period."
- source (Temco USA's official Press release: 5.14.2003)

Keisuke Kikuchi - Creator and Head of Development for Fatal Frame

"We are very pleased with the decision to base the story in Japan. The locations, themes and characters have unique characteristics that make for a very terrifying experience, some of which may be particularly scary for US audiences not used to some of the elements of Japanese horror."
- source (Tecmo USA's official Press release: 5.14.03)

IGN Interview W/ Kikuchi-san: A film based on the Fatal Frame license has been announced by DreamWorks. Did/do you have a role in the production of the movie? Will it be based off the first game or be an isolated story?

Keisuke Kikuchi: "I don't plan to be involved, However, I do plan to actively offer advice if it is requested of me. I think that it is important that this be thought of not as "a movie adaptation of Fatal Frame the game" but rather as "Fatal Frame as a movie". I have told this to the producers at DreamWorks when we met. I believe that movies and games are similar but essentially different cultures.There have been no past examples of games that have been forcefully made from movies and still succeeded. I want DreamWorks to take the essence of what makes up Fatal Frame and reconstruct that to make the most interesting (and scariest) movie possible; and I believe they are a company that can do this."
- source (IGN Fatal Frame 2 Interview w/ Kikuchi-san)

for right now that is all the information that is given out I hope that they will eventually make it.

ragesRemorse
I remember when they made this movie and called it ghostbusters. Man, that was a good movie

Evil angel
That was a long time ago O.o

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.