No World For Tommorow (New C&C)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1
Anyone bought the New Coheed and Cambria CD yet?
I picked it up yesterday, and so far its quite good. Still poppy and very Coheed like, but I am hearing more of a Rush influence into this sound. (I may have missed this on older albums, but it seems to be more prominent here)

Alpha Centauri
Probably because they've got an insanely capable drummer now (The Rush influence).

-AC

RedAlertv2
Yeah new drummer should be ace. Not only is it easy to improve upon their previous drummer, but getting someone as good as they did should help a lot. Havent listened to the album yet, though

SelphieT
Oooh, I have no idea how you guys can put up with this band.

In my opinion, the vocals are just..... too annoying and high pitched for me to listen.

Alpha Centauri
I don't like them.

-AC

Tptmanno1
Really? I kinda didn't at first, but they grew on me.
It fits and I'm not bothered at all.
The drums help alot with that, but there are some very Rush-esq intros and other electronic-like things that remind me of some things Rush has done.

RedAlertv2
Speaking of Coheed, I hate it when people label them as prog rock. Theres nothing progressive about their music.

Pezmerga
No kidding. I think they are ok, but a little too poppy for me. The sound of his voice doesn't bother me ,it's just the way he uses it. If that makes any sense.

Victor Von Doom
I wouldn't go as far as to say there is nothing progressive about them.

tabby999
Brilliant cd. And well, seeing as Taylor from the Fooies played drums on it, its not that surprising the drum sound is so good. And while originally I didn't like Claudio's vocals, it grew on me, much like The Mars Volta did. And really, this is the end of the story, the conclusion of the concept, hence the title, the coheed universe ended so to speak. Can't wait for the Soundwave festival in Feb to see them.

Barker
I love this whole CD with my life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.