A Random Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caedusrulesall
What is Allana's (Jacen Solo's daughter) last name? It technically should be Solo, but since they had to keep her parentage secret, they might have named her Djo, but it's never stated anywhere. Any ideas?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
What is Allana's (Jacen Solo's daughter) last name? It technically should be Solo, but since they had to keep her parentage secret, they might have named her Djo, but it's never stated anywhere. Any ideas?

It's more likely that its Djo. Maybe sometime in the near future It may change to Solo, but for right now, only Jacen and Tenel Ka know the only truth.

Melcórë
Wait....Jacen has a DAUGHTER?!?!

Darth Scythe

Melcórë
stick out tongue

Honestly, though, someone skipped the memo on spoiler-tags.... stick out tongue

Darth Scythe
True. But assuming you're joking which means you'd be excluded, you'd have to not have read anything since the Dark Nest/Swarm War trilogy. If you're that far out of the loop, which equates to about 4 years? There's bound to be spoilers everywhere you turn by now.

Details leaking from a book that was released within a half year or so ago? Different story.

*edit - Is Caedus really that popular? He comes off like a total douchebag(and by douchebag, I mean like Anakin Skywalker in AOTC/ROTS level douchebag) in these books but I'm noticing alot of screen names with 'Caedus' in them...

Melcórë
stick out tongue

I've read Dark Nest, but haven't picked up Legacy.

BTW: Would being "out of the loop" necessarily be a bad thing?

Darth Scythe
With the current state of the LOTF novels?

No. Not at all.

caedusrulesall
Oops...sorry about the spoiler thing. Didn't know some people hadn't read the Dark Nest.

Is it just me, or does the SW universe have a different policy on names than we do? Some kids still retain their mother's last name (e.g. Tenel Ka), and instead of either keeping or changing their names when married, some women use both (e.g. Leia Organa Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker). I'd think that that was just something the authors did so people wouldn't be confused, but they're referred to with both last names and with just a single name (e.g. in Heir to the Empire Ralrra (?) the Wookiee calls Leia Leia Organa Solo, while in Vector Prime Nom Anor calls her Leia Solo.) Also, it's pretty weird that some characters are never even given last or first names (Revan, Malak, Allana, Prince Isolder, Greedo, Palpatine, etc.)

Frankly, I've just been wondering about all this name stuff. Has anyone else wondered this? Or do I just have too much time on my hands?

Melcórë
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Oops...sorry about the spoiler thing. Didn't know some people hadn't read the Dark Nest.

Is it just me, or does the SW universe have a different policy on names than we do? Some kids still retain their mother's last name (e.g. Tenel Ka), and instead of either keeping or changing their names when married, some women use both (e.g. Leia Organa Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker). I'd think that that was just something the authors did so people wouldn't be confused, but they're referred to with both last names and with just a single name (e.g. in Heir to the Empire Ralrra (?) the Wookiee calls Leia Leia Organa Solo, while in Vector Prime Nom Anor calls her Leia Solo.) Also, it's pretty weird that some characters are never even given last or first names (Revan, Malak, Allana, Prince Isolder, Greedo, Palpatine, etc.)

Frankly, I've just been wondering about all this name stuff. Has anyone else wondered this? Or do I just have too much time on my hands?

Wait....that was in the Dark Nest trilogy? confused
Uh....maybe I should check them out again.... stick out tongue

BTW: Yeah, naming practices in the GFFA are kind of weird - but I've heard of similar inconcistencies here in the real world. They refuse to use my full name in legal documents, always omitting either one or two of my middle-names....

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
... Jacen has a daughter?!

I honestly don't know!

I don't read EU much. at least I found out he has one, i guess.. *shrug*

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
True. But assuming you're joking which means you'd be excluded, you'd have to not have read anything since the Dark Nest/Swarm War trilogy. If you're that far out of the loop, which equates to about 4 years? There's bound to be spoilers everywhere you turn by now.

Details leaking from a book that was released within a half year or so ago? Different story.

*edit - Is Caedus really that popular? He comes off like a total douchebag(and by douchebag, I mean like Anakin Skywalker in AOTC/ROTS level douchebag) in these books but I'm noticing alot of screen names with 'Caedus' in them...

That's what i'm wondering: Does anyone actually LIKE Caedus? i mean, most villians have fans who like them... (Vader, General G)
But Jacen isn't strong enough, smart enough, or man enough to have fans in my opinion. He's too whiny, and WAY TOO arrogant. I wish they could kill him already and move on to something else. The Sith on Korriban is a more interesting story line, and that's another question: How did they stay there? Doesn't that directly contradict the movies? Anakin destroyed the Sith, brought balance to the force, i mean, isn't that the basis of all the movies? How do they stay hidden on Korriban?

LORD JLRTENJAC
Man, I'm hanging out in the OLD Republic too much. I mean, I knew Jacen and Tenel Ka had a kid and all, but still. I guess the Old Repbulic still interests me too much. Though I do want to read the Legacy of the Force series some time... I just wish that they hadn't killed Mara Jade. sad

Darth Hord
^ We have known that for a while. I definitely wouldn't call that a spoiler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.