The Strolheim Strongman, Wolfgang Krauser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
SNK doesn't give Krauser enough screen time. He is one of the more memorable bosses from the SNK roster. His anime counterpart wasn't too shabby either. Makes me feel sorry for Joe...almost.

What I like about Krauser is the fact that he isn't a bad guy. He's brutal in the fighting arena, but he holds honor in high regard and ia a gentleman outside the arena. Depends on your own POV.

Nationality: German
Full Name: Wolfgang Krauser von Strolheim
Date of Birth: N/A
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 315 lbs
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Brown
Blood Type: A
Hobby: Antique Collecting, playing the organ
Favorite Sport: None, can play anything
Favorite Food: Anything
Dislikes: Vanity and falsehood
Family: mother unknown, father - previous Earl of Strolheim (deceased), Geese Howard, half-brother
Fighting Style: Strolheim style (Geese and Rugal ripped off a couple of his moves)
Theme Music: Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) in Fatal Fury 2 and KOF 1996, and Lacrimosa in Fatal Fury Special

Oh, and since there aren't any good official pieces of his art, I'll stick some anime pics of him instead.

http://www.projectbag.com/fatalfury/pics/ff2/nb_krauser03.jpg

http://www.projectbag.com/fatalfury/pics/ff2/nb_krauser21.jpg

shin_gear
Wolfgang Krauser can one shot a city and can solo anyone in Tekken/DOA.

Csdabest
and Ryu Hayabusa can one shot anyone aswell. Oh but never mind. Krauser was vicious. I wish they would bring him back.

brainchild81
He was vicious, but in the end he ended up being jobbed to make Terry look good. The FF movie w/him in it was arguably the best in a horrible series. @least Terry actually lost in that film. Wonder why he didn't have the 'stache?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by brainchild81
Wonder why he didn't have the 'stache?

Looks better without it anyway.

TricksterPriest
Krauser isn't dead. He showed up in KOF 96, and MY BOY KRAUSER IS COMING BACK! big grin SNK announced Krauser would be playable in the new version of KOF 98', WOOOOT!

Snafu the Great
Turns out Krauser is a trendsetter. First character to have actual pre-fight dialogue before the fight begins. Shao Kahn will go on and perfect it. Now all games from Tekken, Mortal Kombat, DoA and even Street Fighter have pre-fight dialogue.

Esomark
Good analysis there, Snafu. That's an element more fighting games need.

Krauser is awesome. I hope someday he'll make a comeback in KOF, especially if he had his anime look but I can appreciate both that and his Tom Selleck-stache.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Esomark
Good analysis there, Snafu. That's an element more fighting games need.

Krauser is awesome. I hope someday he'll make a comeback in KOF, especially if he had his anime look but I can appreciate both that and his Tom Selleck-stache.

Thanks. I was goofing around online when I saw a clip of Fatal Fury online (the arcade version) and heard Krauser speak. His dialogue is as follows: "I'll chisel your gravestone! Sleep Well!"

Meioh_Hades
Krauser is one of my favourite SNK boss.

His look is truly imposing, and he also has good moves.

I think too that he deserves to appear again (My dream is in a Capcom vs SNK 3 game :P).

About his moustaches, SNK wiki says:

"One of the biggest differences from the games is the youthful appearance of Wolfgang Krauser. This was a decision made by the team to better fit their image of his character. Since Krauser is always more talented than his half-brother Geese, Obari thought it would be a greater insult to Geese if Krauser also stayed "eternally" young and more attractive than his relative."

With those moustaches Krauser looks older than Geese, imho, but actually he's 6 years younger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.