Why does the Antimonitor look so stupid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Futureman
As far as cosmic villians go he is right up there with Galactus in thne pink skirt and "big G" on his chest days for stupidity, but then Thanos had a prune face and Tyrant is meh...... Why aren't cosmic villians cool to look at. Apart from mother god in Valiant can you every remember a female uber cosmic world/universe devourer type? What about equal ops? I know Galactus wears womens clothes, but still.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Futureman
As far as cosmic villians go he is right up there with Galactus in thne pink skirt and "big G" on his chest days for stupidity, but then Thanos had a prune face and Tyrant is meh...... Why aren't cosmic villians cool to look at. Apart from mother god in Valiant can you every remember a female uber cosmic world/universe devourer type? What about equal ops? I know Galactus wears womens clothes, but still.

Tyrant is meh? Tyrant is ****ing badass. You lose all credibility right there.

Futureman
he has dodgy gay dreadlocks and galactus "made him" to be his "friend". Homosexual subtext much? But then with your sig it's obvious where you fall on that kind of thing.

tjcoady
and Galactus is the sweetest character ever invented.

Riddle:

Hey, if you're a world devouring space faring god who wields the VERY POWER COSMIC ITSELF, what's your normal dress code?

Answer:

Any damn thing you please. It's not like anyone's going to criticize you.

If Galactus rolled up on you, you would FREAK OUT, not laugh at his sweet ass purple get-up.

Plus, Galactus has shown that he appears to each race in a way different for them... so how do you know comic book writers didn't some how manage to META-TEXTUALIZE that effect, and what you're seeing as Galactus and what I'm seeing as Galactus are in fact ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!

Maybe that's true, actually, because you think Galactus looks stupid, and I think he couldn't look more awesome.

And yea, actually, the anti-monitor is not particularly frightening or interesting looking. I kinda like his original more Kirby-esque garb he had on at the beginning of COIE.

and cosmic badasses who are women? The Goddess... well, technically, she was Adam Warlock

Futureman
Originally posted by tjcoady
and Galactus is the sweetest character ever invented.

Riddle:

Hey, if you're a world devouring space faring god who wields the VERY POWER COSMIC ITSELF, what's your normal dress code?

Answer:

Any damn thing you please. It's not like anyone's going to criticize you.

If Galactus rolled up on you, you would FREAK OUT, not laugh at his sweet ass purple get-up.

Plus, Galactus has shown that he appears to each race in a way different for them... so how do you know comic book writers didn't some how manage to META-TEXTUALIZE that effect, and what you're seeing as Galactus and what I'm seeing as Galactus are in fact ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!

Maybe that's true, actually, because you think Galactus looks stupid, and I think he couldn't look more awesome.

And yea, actually, the anti-monitor is not particularly frightening or interesting looking. I kinda like his original more Kirby-esque garb he had on at the beginning of COIE.

and cosmic badasses who are women? The Goddess... well, technically, she was Adam Warlock

Galactus is a guy in a pink skirt. Everyone sees him as that. The skrulls did anyway. He also made a boyfriend in tyrant and picked two gay guys as heralds. Firestorm loved Gabriel and followed him. He created the Surfer to have no sexual organs as his eunoch high priest.

Alfheim
I dunno man...im strating to get interested in DC but I did kinda think that Anti-monitor looked a bit like the stay puft man with bad teeth....doesnt look that scarey.

Thanos looks scarey thats the whole point of the prune face.

I guess you could say G looks a bit silly in the outfit but I never had a problem.

Futureman
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno man...im strating to get interested in DC but I did kinda think that Anti-monitor looked a bit like the stay puft man with bad teeth....doesnt look that scarey.

He looks very silly as do most uber cosmics, i mean Korvac was a guy in shorts, sneakers and a polo shirt.

Nataku8188
he has dodgy gay dreadlocks and galactus "made him" to be his "friend". Homosexual subtext much? But then with your sig it's obvious where you fall on that kind of thing.

Obviously, you're a moron.

Sorry all the cosmic characters can't run around with big ass guns a la early '90s Cable, you might want to stick to your street level anti-heroes, chief.

tjcoady
Galactus is a guy in a pink skirt. Everyone sees him as that. The skrulls did anyway. He also made a boyfriend in tyrant and picked two gay guys as heralds. Firestorm loved Gabriel and followed him. He created the Surfer to have no sexual organs as his eunoch high priest.

...then clearly all you know about the beast that men call... GALACTUS is from very recent comic books and/or things you saw on KMC. It's kinda been stated a few times that he appears differently for different people. How on earth is an artist supposed to depict that? Answer: you can't. So he shows up as his normal big G self. You have no evidence to claim that the Skrulls saw him as that though. Super Skrull didn't shout out "Gasp! It's Galactus! He can be identified by his pink costume!" No, but you do have Stan Lee and Moebius telling us that Galactus appears differently for every alien species... in "ominscient narrator voice!" And you did have Reed Richards telling us the same thing. They're not going to actually depict him appearing differently, because then, you, the reader, would be incapable of knowing he's Galactus.

What's up with all this talk about Galactus being gay, man? He's a cosmic world devourer. If that's his orientation, that's chill. No need to get all up in arms about it.

I see no reason to bring Galactus' sexual orientation into this at all.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Sorry all the cosmic characters can't run around with big ass guns a la early '90s Cable, you might want to stick to your street level anti-heroes, chief.

Don't forget the pouches.

You can never have too many pouches.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Citizen V
Don't forget the pouches.

You can never have too many pouches.

Careful, Futureman might mistake them for homosexual fanny-packs.

tjcoady

....ahh, of course. You've made it clear to me know. Dreadlocks are obvious indicators of the fact that one prefers the sexual companionship of one's own gender. I had no idea that say... Bob Marley was gay. Thanks for enlightening me.

And, obviously, I can't BELIEVE this one missed me- the only time a MALE would be friends with ANOTHER MALE is if he wanted to have sex with that man! Damn, I better get my phone out and call every dude I know and tell 'em I can't hang out with them anymore- wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm not 100% heterosexual, know would I?

With your poke at that sig, it's clear you've never watched Metalacolapsye. I feel sorry for you.

It's kinda almost as awesome as Galactus is.

(by the way, why did you put the phrase "made him" in quotes. Did "Galactus" "not actually" "make him" "but" "in""stead" "pick him up" "in a gay bar?"wink

Alfheim
Anyway I do think Anti-monitor could have looked a bit better.

Priest

90's cable was baddass!

Futureman
The amouont of anger over Galactus and his gaybess here is amazing.

The skrull comic seeing him as he is was twenty years ago. He's a gay guy in a pink skirt.

tjcoady
The amouont of anger over Galactus and his gaybess here is amazing.

The skrull comic seeing him as he is was twenty years ago. He's a gay guy in a pink skirt.

does my post sound angry? Nah, wouldn't say so. Sarcastic? yes. Sardonic? yes. Snarky, even? eh, wouldn't go that far.

honestly, why do you keep harping the homosexuality thing? Do you have a problem with gay comic characters?

especially because the HE WHO IS ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY GALACTUS! pretty clearly doesn't have sex at all.

Alfheim
does my post sound angry? Nah, wouldn't say so. Sarcastic? yes. Sardonic? yes. Snarky, even? eh, wouldn't go that far.

honestly, why do you keep harping the homosexuality thing? Do you have a problem with gay comic characters?

especially because the HE WHO IS ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY GALACTUS! pretty clearly doesn't have sex at all.

Ignore him hes a troll. Hes just looking for a wind up.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Priest
90's cable was baddass!

I thought he was a bad ass too, when I was 12.

I'm no shrink, but I'm pretty sure this is a good indicator that you are uncomfortable with your (homo)sexuality.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ignore him hes a troll. Hes just looking for a wind up.

Yea, I was guessing that. But I've been writing a paper comparing the transcendent elements of Goethe's Faust and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights for the past.... ten hours... and was kinda ready to get into a fight about homophobia, especially if it centered around Galactus, who I'm a total fanboy for.

Alfheim
Yea, I was guessing that. But I've been writing a paper comparing the transcendent elements of Goethe's Faust and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights for the past.... ten hours... and was kinda ready to get into a fight about homophobia, especially if it centered around Galactus, who I'm a total fanboy for.

laughing out loud Yeah sometimes you cant help yourself.

Master-Borg

especially because the HE WHO IS ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY GALACTUS! pretty clearly doesn't have sex at all. ummm Galactus is clearly male

Futureman

Galactus is obviously gay. He made a companion, who was male. wears a skirt. Picked Firlord and Airwalker who love each other as heralds and removed Norrins genitalia. You're a total famboy of his? Nice!

I thought he was a bad ass too, when I was 12.

Now at 13 after several beatings from the neighbourhood girls you realise you are not.

I'm no shrink, but I'm pretty sure this is a good indicator that you are uncomfortable with your (homo)sexuality.

Well as a heterosexual I would not be comfortable with "my" homosexuality would I "Mr gay sig".

smile

tjcoady
Originally posted by Master-Borg
ummm Galactus is clearly male

sex as in the verb, not as in the gender identity.

Nataku8188
Galactus is obviously gay. He made a companion, who was male. wears a skirt. Picked Firlord and Airwalker who love each other as heralds and removed Norrins genitalia. You're a total famboy of his? Nice!

Your powers of deduction are amazing, with logic like this I'm sure you could convince the Catholic church Jesus loved reach-arounds.

Fantastic insult. Insinuating that I'm 13 and get beat up by girls is truly demeaning and, in fact, I believe I may be emotionally scared by your unmatched wit. Oh master of the sly tongue, teach me your cunning ways.

At least your honest about your homosexuality. The fact remains that you look endlessly for ways to pin homosexuality on anything you dislike/disagree with and are, in fact, nothing more than a pathetic attempt at a troll. If maybe you were a little more intelligent you could get by with using gay-bashing without coming off as a 15 year old internet tough-guy, but even then that's giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Futureman

Fantastic insult. Insinuating that I'm 13 and get beat up by girls is truly demeaning and, in fact, I believe I may be emotionally scared by your unmatched wit. Oh master of the sly tongue, teach me your cunning ways.

It would find teaching you extremely difficult. The first thing you would have to get over is the fact everytime you sit in front of a computer "some idiot" starts typing. We would need to overcome this, before the learning process could begin.

smile

tjcoady
It would find teaching you extremely difficult. The first thing you would have to get over is the fact everytime you sit in front of a computer "some idiot" starts typing. We would need to overcome this, before the learning process could begin.

smile

Dada... senses... overloading... anti-surrealist armor... breached! cannot...comprehend...what is being said here... brain imploding from lack of any sense in this post... at all...

"It would find?" who is "it?" What has he stumbled across exactly, that "it" is finding?"

"The first thing you would have to get over" only makes sense if you're a time traveler.

"everytime you sit in a computer some idiot starts typing." Now this one has many possible meanings. Does it mean that each time the person you are directing these comments towards sits at his or her computer, some idiot starts typing, as in he is the idiot who is typing? But what if you're not typing at all? What if you're reading? Or watching? Or perhaps you're making some allegorical point concerning the nature of computers: some idiot, somewhere, is typing everytime one sits at a computer. Or maybe this is some bizarre, Brechtian method of logic- one must pull back from the computer, and seize seeing it an emotional light, in order to understand idiociy. Or perhaps this is the aforementioned "it" who is, indeed, the idiot.

"We would need to overcome this, before the learning process can begin." Ahh, now I see. It begins to come full circle. It's a bit like the teachings of the later Buddhist scholars. We are, in fact, all "it" as well as "the idiot," thus the use of the plural "we" when no mention of any sort of grouping has been mentioned before.

Clearly I sit at the feet of a master.

Nataku8188

smile

Whirly, Judge, whichever washed-up wannabe troll this is, your insults are weak and your trolls are pathetic. Take a break, go play some counterstrike, hell maybe read some comics, spend time with your friends and family, whatever it is you do, because right now you're at a low point. Lower than I've seen in a while, and really, it's like kicking a dog while it's down.

Just give it a rest.

Futureman
Whirly, Judge, whichever washed-up wannabe troll this is, your insults are weak and your trolls are pathetic. Take a break, go play some counterstrike, hell maybe read some comics, spend time with your friends and family, whatever it is you do, because right now you're at a low point. Lower than I've seen in a while, and really, it's like kicking a dog while it's down.

Just give it a rest.

The old "you are a troll" response, usual for those that have lost an argument. Good day to you.

Nataku8188
The old "you are a troll" response, usual for those that have lost an argument. Good day to you.

What argument? It was us insulting us and your last insult was so old and played out it didn't warrant any sort of response besides the one I gave. You're washed up Whirly, deal with it.

Futureman
What argument? It was us insulting us and your last insult was so old and played out it didn't warrant any sort of response besides the one I gave. You're washed up Whirly, deal with it.

The argument over your homosexuality of course. Your self realisation actualisation transferal due to your sig. I must say these "Whirly" accusations are tiresome. What the hell is a Whirly. Is it also a New Yorker like me?

Nataku8188
The argument over your homosexuality of course. Your self realisation actualisation transferal due to your sig. I must say these "Whirly" accusations are tiresome. What the hell is a Whirly. Is it also a New Yorker like me?

Oh, right. Sure, my sig makes me gay. What's wrong with that? You, apparently, are the only person with a problem with homosexuals anyways.

Come on Whirly, you can do better.

Futureman
Oh, right. Sure, my sig makes me gay. What's wrong with that?

Well you admit it, i never said anything was wrong with it. You're by admission a "gay boy".

Nataku8188
Well you admit it, i never said anything was wrong with it. You're by admission a "gay boy".

Then why were you bashing gays earlier?

Futureman
Then why were you bashing gays earlier?

I highlighted homosexuality, I did not bash it.

Nataku8188
I highlighted homosexuality, I did not bash it.

You claim the cosmics look stupid and link their stupidity with homosexuality. Your tone alone can easily be considered gay bashing.

roughrider
22 years after he first appeared, this is a topic?
He looks like what he looks like. He's a alien God from the anti-matter universe; I think fashion magazines over there are different. big grin
As far as giving an air of cold, unforgiving fear & awesome menace, his look is one of the best.

Futureman
You claim the cosmics look stupid and link their stupidity with homosexuality. Your tone alone can easily be considered gay bashing.

No, I claimed Galactus picked a boyfriend in Tyrant and fixed his hair for him in a less than masculine way. I also claimed Airwalker and Firelord are gay, a claim supported by a number of comics writers including Geffen. I also claimed the sufer has no genitalia and Galactus wears pink skirts. All true.

DigiMark007
Wah wah! Anti-monitor looks dumb.

Try to make constructive topics. Thanks. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.