Shrooms & The Ferryman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason_Krueger
has anyone seen either of these movies?....they both sound promising but I have no information on the dvd release dates....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
has anyone seen either of these movies?....they both sound promising but I have no information on the dvd release dates....

Yeah, i actually saw both. Depending how much of a horror fan you are. Both movies are probably worth watching.

Shrooms attempts to be a campy party movie. It fails at being a campy movie but succeeds at being a fun movie. Although the effects are crap the movie never takes itself seriously and throws in a few over the top comedic moments which either hurt the movie or help it...,im not sure. The story is simple and fails in execution but it had great potential. Either way its a fun movie to watch as long as your not expecting much. The lighting and filming is actually decent.

( a group of friends travel to scotland or ireland to go on a shroom trip in some haunted woods One lady takes a super shroom which allows her to see between dimensions and you can guess what happens next)

Ferry man starts out strong with an interesting enough story but eventually drags on in predicatable monotony. This may be due to the fact that the entire movie takes place on a small fishing boat. as i mentioned the story is fairly interesting, but it is a shame that no attempt was taken to elaborate on it's history. The other problem i had with the movie was the characters. There was not one character that i could relate to. I found all of the characters to be annoying. On the other hand, they are all realistic characters and with one exception they are all acted well.

( A man swindled the ferryman by acquiring a knife that allows him to transfer his life force into another person by killing them with a knife. The man ends up aboard a fishing boat of vacationers and the ferryman is hot on his trail, and you can guess what happens next)

These two flicks are certainly a cut above of the other ultra low budget direct to dvd horror movies you will find on the shelves at blockbuster. Worth a gander.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Shrooms attempts to be a campy party movie. It fails at being a campy movie but succeeds at being a fun movie. Although the effects are crap the movie never takes itself seriously and throws in a few over the top comedic moments which either hurt the movie or help it...,im not sure. The story is simple and fails in execution but it had great potential. Either way its a fun movie to watch as long as your not expecting much. The lighting and filming is actually decent.

That would have to be the dumbest review I have ever read.

That could and probably has been said about any movie.
It sounds like you have just read the synopsis to me.

Shrooms was a decent movie with some pretty cool looking killers, it won't be available on DVD for a while yet, as it hasn't even had a cinema release in the UK. 23rd November it gets released in cinemas in England.

I watched a torrent and its a good movie.

Jason_Krueger
thanx....yeah Shrooms sounds fun (and I have an open mind when it comes to campy horror flicks...thats why I thought Shrooms lokked interesting).....Ferryman looked kinda gritty and gorey, so thats why I asked about it

and speaking of campy horror what bout Black Sheep?....is it worth watching?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by deathbycorn
That would have to be the dumbest review I have ever read.

That could and probably has been said about any movie.
It sounds like you have just read the synopsis to me.

Shrooms was a decent movie with some pretty cool looking killers,

What kind of dumbass juice have you been drinking? You good sir,display neigther the mind of an intellectual or a person whom possesses basic articulation. The reason my review apears as a general synopsis to you. Would be because it contains more thought than the most general of movie reviews

"Shrooms was a decent movie with some pretty cool looking killers"

DUMBASS!laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
.Ferryman looked kinda gritty and gorey, so thats why I asked about it

and speaking of campy horror what bout Black Sheep?....is it worth watching?

yeah, ferryman was grainy and claustraphobic for sure.

Black sheep is certainly worth checking out. It is funny and gory. There isnt much more that cab be said about that movie lol. I mean it's about killer sheep what more could you ask for eh laughing

Discos
I haven't seen neither of them, I did however see both of them advertised when I went to see Saw 4.

Shrooms looks intense, doubt I will watch it in the cinema as it will no doubt get 1 week of cinema time and it will be a midnight screening.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Discos
I haven't seen neither of them, I did however see both of them advertised when I went to see Saw 4.

Shrooms looks intense, doubt I will watch it in the cinema as it will no doubt get 1 week of cinema time and it will be a midnight screening.

Ferryman is on dvd. It was a direct to DvD. I thought Shrooms was as well. I watched shrooms online about a month ago though so not sure, but i did actually rent ferryman. I can understand why Shrooms might get a theatrical release in scotland, but in England? These movies are good rentals but by no means are they Cinema worthy.

eggmayo
Planning on watching both Shrooms and Black Sheep on Halloween smile

Will report back, duly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.