Kyp Durron(NJO) vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Scythe
Takes place on the abandoned Imperial Base on Endor. Its Dooku from ROTS and Kyp at the height of the Vong war. They're going all out to the death.

Who takes it?

Sith Dude
Uhh, I guess i'd have to root for Kyp, I really lost respect for Dooku after he got owned so badly by Anakin lol, also there are various articles stating how powerful Kyp Durron was in Luke's academy.

kamhal
Right, as if anyone not called yoda or sidious could stop anakin "in teh zone"...

Se7in
Originally posted by kamhal
Right, as if anyone not called yoda or sidious could stop anakin "in teh zone"...

There are many Jedi (Prequel and otherwise) who could contend with Anakin in a lightsaber duel and win.

Gideon
Originally posted by Se7in
There are many Jedi (Prequel and otherwise) who could contend with Anakin in a lightsaber duel and win.

I'd like to see that argued. To say that there are "many" would be a bit of a stretch. A handful at most.

Darth Scythe
Force-wise, I'd say that Kyp is too much for Dooku at that point. By the NJO he's tapped into more of his potential and knows how to control it more.

Saberwise? Dooku was a beast. I don't know if Kyp is up to it.

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by Sith Dude
I really lost respect for Dooku after he got owned so badly by Anakin lol

What the...? C'mon.. you can't be serious.
Dooku was one of the most powerful Jedi ever... more powerful than most of the Jedi in his era... you can't just lose respect for him because he lost against one of the (if not the) most talented duelists to ever exist.
Anakin is second only to Yoda and to Sidious in RotS, he could kick everyone else's ass without MUCH difficulty... except Mace's and Kenobi's.
So then you'd lose respect for almost everyone else in the Order if you watched them fight against Skywalker...
Beating Anakin Skywalker in a saber duel is a feat that not many Jedi/Sith can claim.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Force-wise, I'd say that Kyp is too much for Dooku at that point. By the NJO he's tapped into more of his potential and knows how to control it more.

Saberwise? Dooku was a beast. I don't know if Kyp is up to it.

Stronger then Dooku force-wise? Maybe. Too much for Dooku force-wise? I think not.

"He gathered the Force once more in a single indrawn breath that summoned power from throughout the universe; the slightest whipcrack of that power, negligent as a flick of his wrist, sent Kenobi flying backward to crash hard against the wall." - Dooku described by the RotS novel.

"Her face went pale. Dooku lifted that one finger, and this time he tapped it in the air, as if pushing a needle into a pincushion. Ventress crumpled to her knees. Her voice came out clotted with pain. Dooku made another little patting motion, and Ventress slammed to the tile floor." - Dooku in Dark Rendezvous

Kyp looses. Dooku might actually match him with the force. Dooku with lightsaber doesn't have any trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.