The necronomicon in friday the 13th pt.9??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I found this movie to be really, really s*** I only downloaded cause I'd never seen it. Any way sticking to my point...was that the necronomicon from evil dead in the voorhee's house? If so why the hell was it there? Did Jasons mother use it to bring Jason back from the dead or something?

T.M
Yeah the necronomicon is in the house..

I think it was probably just a reference to the film though nothing more.

And of course it went on to be a plot used in the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash comic.

steverules
Is that comic out already?

T.M
Not yet..

It will be out sometime this year I believe. And will run through to the first few months of next year.

My last post was badly worded..

steverules
Was that actually used so they could bring it up for a comic...they said 'Hey we should put the necronomicon in the house so that 12 years from now they can make a comic about it'?

Darkhalen
Hmmmm

Pandemoniac
It's just a wink, horror directors did that alot. Like the Freddy glove and the Hills Have Eyes poster in the cellar in Evil Dead 1 & 2, the alien skull in Predator 2, Evil Dead on the TV in Nightmare on Elmstreet.
Word is Raimi lend the Necronomicon prop out on request for this same reason. But it never was meant to give lead to a crossover, but as the alien skull in Predator 2, one thing may lead to another.

T.M
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
It's just a wink, horror directors did that alot. Like the Freddy glove and the Hills Have Eyes poster in the cellar in Evil Dead 1 & 2, the alien skull in Predator 2, Evil Dead on the TV in Nightmare on Elmstreet.
Word is Raimi lend the Necronomicon prop out on request for this same reason. But it never was meant to give lead to a crossover, but as the alien skull in Predator 2, one thing may lead to another.

Took the words out of my mouth..

steverules
to bad these winks lead to bad cross overs

Pandemoniac
Bad executions of crossovers, some can work. Just when hollywood gets it claws on em they are seemingly drained of anything good the potential had to offer.

steverules
I think the second AVP film will work out fine

Darkhalen
I liked the first one there is a hybrid one

steverules
The first one kinda sucked...

Darkhalen
Well to be honest I did not watch it all just the bit's I saw I was to busy playing my DS

steverules
I think that hints towards how bad it was though...you'd rather play your DS

Darkhalen
Well....... True

steverules
Jason vs Freddy...well could've been worse

Evil Dead
my only complaint about Freddy vs. Jason is they didn't make it campy enough.

c'mon.....both films were regulated to mainstream silliness From Nightmare 3-on (even though New Nightmare wasn't, mainstream had stopped caring enough about the series to watch another years earlier) and Friday 5-on. It was all formulatic, cheesy, rhetorical nonsense.

The only way the movie could have been better was to play up the cheesiness to the extreme. On the dvd you can watch the deleted scenes. The best moment in the movie was cut out. They should have left the scene in when Freddy and Jason come face to face with the fire all around them and the blonde ***** says, "Freddy vs Jason....take your bets" or something to that affect.

Freddy vs Jason could have never worked as a serious horror movie........both Freddy and Jason had already been the punch line to jokes for 15 years. A little late to start taking either one of them serious.

Pandemoniac
Why let the downfall of both series get in the way when there might still be a good horror in a vs? Tthey could at least have tried to bring them back in their best form.

steverules
I dunno if there will be a good one...AVP2 looks good

Darkhalen
Horror films have lost there spark now it seems so many make them badly so people stop caring

steverules
I don't really watch the new ones...I watch the old ones...watched friday the 13th part 1 today

Darkhalen
So Do I

they need to find another Vincent Price

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.