Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
"GOTCHA!" Sonya's backbreaking, bumrushing, ass-kicking commanding officer gets his respect thread. Jax is badass.

Full Name: Jackson briggs
Age 33 in Mortal Kombat II, 43 as of Armageddon
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 350
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Occupation: Major in the US Special Forces, Head of the Outerworld Investigation Agency
Family: Unknown
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai and Judo
Portrayed By: John Parrish (all games), Gregory McKinney (first film), Lynn 'Red' Williams (second film)
Bio:

Mortal Kombat II

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/bio.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/IIEnding.jpg

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/3bio.gif

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/3Ending.gif

Mortal Kombat 4/Gold

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/4bio.gif

Sonya and Jarek are at a standoff on a mountain.)

Sonya: "It's over, Jarek! Shinnok is dead. The good guys won. You're coming back with me."

Jarek (advances on Sonya, who backs off): "Never, Sonya. I agreed to help defeat Shinnok, not turn myself in to the Special Forces. The Black Dragon live on!"

Sonya: "The Black Dragon died with Kano. You're the last one, Jarek."

Jarek (Charges at Sonya): "Never!"

(Sonya side-steps his attack. Jarek falls over the edge of the cliff. Sonya walks closer to the edge of the cliff and uses her walkie-talkie to contact Jax.)

Sonya: "Come in, Major Briggs. This is Lieutenant Sonya Blade--"

(It is revealed that Jarek did not fall off the cliff. He grabs Sonya's leg
and sends her falling to her death as she screams in terror. Jarek climbs back onto the ledge and finds Sonya's walkie-talkie.)

Jax (On the walke-talkie.) "Sonya, this is Major Briggs. Come in. Sonya, this is Jax. Are you there? Sonya?"

(Jarek steps on Sonya's walkie-talkie, laughs, and walks away. But before he can get far, Jax is there and grabs him by the throat.)

Jax: "Going somewhere, Jarek?"

Jarek: "Jax! I thought you were going to--"

Jax (hangs Jarek over the cliff): "Thought I was what? Dead? Like my partner you just tossed of the cliff?"

Jarek: "I'm... I'm sorry, Jax. Please, don't drop me! Wait. I promise--"

Jax: "Too late, Jarek!"

Jarek: "You can't drop me! You have to uphold the law. You have to arrest me. Wait! Wait! This is brutality! You can't do it!"

Jax: "Wrong, Jarek. This is not a brutality...this is a fatality!"

(Jarek screams in terror as Jax throws him to his death.)

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/dabio1-1.gif

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/end_jax1-1.jpg

Jax had a score to settle with the traitor he knew as Hsu Hao. Now revealed to be a member of the Red Dragon, Hsu Hao had infiltrated the Special Forces Outerworld Investigation Agency and destroyed it with a miniature nuclear weapon. Making good on his promise, Jax eventually caught up with Hsu Hao and ripped the implant from his chest in retribution. Hsu Hao died a most painful death.

Mortal Kombat Unchained

During our assault on the Deadly Alliance, we were overwhelmed by Tarkatan hordes. The last thing I remember seeing was Raiden blasting his way into the main hall. I was later resurrected by Onaga, who controlled my mind and commanded me to enforce his will. My brutality as Onaga's pawn will haunt me forever. If not for Liu Kang, I'd still be under the Dragon King's spell killing the people I've dedicated my life to protect. Now that my soul is unchained, I'm coming for you, Onaga. It's payback time!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/Unchained.jpg

The Dragon King had defeated us all, save one. Jax. And Though I had absorbed the fighting abilities of those who had aided me, I lacked the raw anger that propelled Jax into battle. Brutally pounding Onaga into submission, Jax finally ended the conflict by embedding a Kamidogu into the would-be ruler's head. Where he summoned so much rage from, I cannot say. I only hope that his anger is finally purged.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

When Jax absorbed the power of Blaze, the cybernetics in his arms grew and permeated his entire body. He was transformed into a full cyborg. He became aware of a controlling neural chip that had been implanted in his brain by Sektor. Enraged, Jax defeated Sektor and claimed leadership of the cyborg ninja clan, the Tekunin. It is unknown if he will ever return to the Special Forces.

Darkhalen
Never liked him
but he was a fierce opponent so I shall respect him for that

Venomous Yoshi
Jax is one of my favorite Mortal Kombat characters because he had some cool moves. My other favorite is Johnny Cage.

Jax looks as if he was pumping iron ever since he was a toddler.

Ridley_Prime
bAvehyvitBU

"Hello. My name is John Parrish. I AM JAX!!"
xd

Jax and Sonya vs Cyrax and his group of ninjas:

FnNzhE2aYtw

"Yo. I say this is something we can talk about.
Ugh. Guess not."

laughing out loud

Jax killing a random monster (from 8:48 to 8:20 ; punching it in the ass laughing ) and Jax vs Motaro & Noob Saibot (from 7:43 to 3:05).

E_n1UEyCsTE

As for the MK Unchained ending, meh. Poor Onaga. sad

Venomous Yoshi
smile I saw those videos a few days ago.

Ozone
Jax is the best.

It's amazing how muscular he is.

Darkhalen
He is a worthy opponent

Venomous Yoshi
He has some of the coolest moves.

Some were just deadly.

Darkhalen
And some were cataclysmic

Venomous Yoshi
Jax and Johnny Cage are tied as my favorite Mortal Kombat character.

Darkhalen
Scorpion, reptile and 2 more who I will not name

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by Ozone
It's amazing how muscular he is.

Yeah, it is.

All of those muscles must have came from his military training.

Darkhalen
Or Drug enhancement's

Venomous Yoshi
I doubt he used steroids.

Darkhalen
You never know

Venomous Yoshi
He wouldn't.

Jax looks like the kind of guy would get his physique the old-fashion way.

Darkhalen
I doubt he has not been tempted, I doubt it

Venomous Yoshi
He may have been tempted, but I'm sure he resisted.

Darkhalen
Hmmm Well some of the fighters he came across may have been beaten with the help of an unknown substance

Venomous Yoshi
He didn't use any steroids or other drugs to get his physique. It would have been on one of his profiles.

Anyway, Lynn 'Red' Williams did a good job portraying Jax in "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation".

Darkhalen
No he did not

Venomous Yoshi
Yes, he did.

Darkhalen
No he did not

hahaha man you take everything too seriously, relax he was fine not great but fine

Venomous Yoshi
What makes you think I take everything seriously?

Darkhalen
Your replies Obviously

Not on the ball today Yoshi

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah Inner Rise I mean Yoshi.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by Darkhalen
Not on the ball today Yoshi

And you are?

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah Inner Rise I mean Yoshi.

You said this because...?

Darkhalen
You were Inner rise

Venomous Yoshi
...I'll just ignore that since it isn't true.

Moving on...

Which one of Jax's fatalities did you all like the most?

Darkhalen
I think you were or he would not have said it, shamed of your past Yoshi

Venomous Yoshi
Like I said:

Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
...I'll just ignore that since it isn't true.

Moving on...

Darkhalen
No You ARE HIM ARE YOU NOT

Venomous Yoshi
Why are you constantly going off-topic when I'm trying to put the thread back on topic?

Darkhalen
Who are we respecting again oh yeah the drug using fighter, I liked fighting him in mortal kombat he was in the film which we will never speak of again how is that big grin

Venomous Yoshi
Pathetic, but acceptable.

Darkhalen
See like I am going to talk about him no one respect's Sho Khan

Ridley_Prime
The classic arm ripping fatality, or the one in MK3 where he turns giant and stomps the opponent.

Originally posted by Darkhalen
no one respect's Sho Khan
Far from the contrary.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The classic arm ripping fatality, or the one in MK3 where he turns giant and stomps the opponent.

Yeah, those were good.

Darkhalen
That was good

Ozone
I always liked Jax because he uses a lot of brute strength in both his attacks and fatalities.

His physique is just...amazing.

Darkhalen
No it is not

Venomous Yoshi
His physique is just...amazing.

That's true.

Darkhalen
It ain't amazing

Venomous Yoshi
It amazes me how he could be that muscular and still be quick on the battlefield.

Darkhalen
It is Spectacular

GET IT RIGHT YOSHI

Venomous Yoshi
So, Ozone, which one of Jax's fatalities do you like the best?

Darkhalen

HE IS NOT HERE DO NOT AVOID ME YOSHI

Darkhalen
I AM Speaking to you

Darkhalen
Don't think you can just make me disappear

Why can't I delete my post's

Venomous Yoshi
Stop being such a little kid an attention craver.

Stop filling every thread you participate in with spam.

Darkhalen

Venomous Yoshi
Anyway...

Ozone
I don't know.

They're all great.

Venomous Yoshi
Jax's "Friendship" finisher in the 2D Mortal Kombat games was hilarious.

Ozone
laughing Yeah, seeing a very muscular guy play with a jump rope is very funny.

Venomous Yoshi
I did Friendship finishers to most of my enemies after defeating them.

SmashBro
Wow, he was 33 in Mortal Kombat 2? Didn't know that. Jax is cool. I liked his taunts in DA ("Let's fight, sucka!)". Also, he was a trip in the movie. He was kind of funny to me.

Venomous Yoshi
He was funny to me, too.

Ozone
Jax is one of the coolest Mortal Kombat characters ever made.

He has the physique to prove it.

Yoshi Paradise
True.

Ozone
Jax is the best.

Yoshi Paradise
He's cool

Joker1237
have to loved Jax. He was cool in my book.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, most of his moves involved brute strength.

Ozone
They sure did.

All of his moves used raw power and he looked good beating people to a pulp with those bionic arms of his.

Joker1237
When I first saw Jax with the robot arms, I didnt know what to think, but after a while they did grow on to me.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, the bionic arms make him look a little more intimidating.

Ozone
They sure do.

He looks awesome whenever he's flexing those bionic muscles.

Ridley_Prime
Okay. Enough about the arms already. >_> We get the point.

Ozone
Well, they're cool.

Joker1237
Wonder how strong they are??

Ozone
I don't know.

They can cause some serious damage, though.

Yoshi Paradise
Of course.

Ozone
I wonder how much he can bench-press...

Yoshi Paradise
I'm sure he can bench a large amount of weight.

Neo Darkhalen
An incredible amount.

Yoshi Paradise
A couple of trucks and vans at the same time...

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
An incredible amount.

Yoshi Paradise
A few bulldozers and monster trucks simultaneously...

Ridley_Prime
I'll believe it when he performs such feats.

Yoshi Paradise
I'm just making assumptions.

Ridley_Prime
I can tell. stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
That's nice.

Ozone
I'm sure he could lift a couple of vehicles with those bionic arms of his.

Yoshi Paradise
I'm sure he can.

Ozone
I wonder if he's going to appear in the next Mortal Kombat game.

Yoshi Paradise
I hope so.

Ozone
He better be.

Ridley_Prime
And last but not least (for now), Jax's fatality theater. 31

B1lFJUxcdew

King Hellstorm
I always liked Jax, yo. And it was real cool how he could spray you wit the machine gun in Deadly Alliance.

Ozone
Can you post a video of it?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
I always liked Jax, yo. And it was real cool how he could spray you wit the machine gun in Deadly Alliance.
Heh. I love that move, and how he always says "Oh yeah..." when he does it. stick out tongue

Can you post a video of it?
Err... he's always had that as a special move in Deadly Alliance and Armageddon (and Unchained too, I think). I couldn't find a video of it though. Sorry.

Yoshi Paradise
I'm pretty sure that Jax is going to be in the next Mortal Kombat game.

Ozone
He better be.

I'm hoping that both Jonny Cage and Jax are in the next Mortal Kombat game.

Ridley_Prime
He better be.

I'm hoping that both Jonny Cage and Jax are in the next Mortal Kombat game.
Well, at least half of your wish ended up coming true.

As for the ending, damn. I was hoping Jax wouldn't go this far..

5NfCKZjqQXk

Now he's like, what? A full cyborg?
Heh. Good thing this game isn't canon, needless to say.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, Jax shouldn't have become a complete cyborg.

Anyway, he was one of my main fighters in "MK vs DC".

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, Jax shouldn't have become a complete cyborg.
Yeah. I would like to think that he knows where to draw the line (felt the same way about Raiden's ending as well). Just having metal arms is enough.

Anyway, he was one of my main fighters in "MK vs DC".
Haven't played it yet and still don't know what my mains are gonna be. stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah. I would like to think that he knows where to draw the line (felt the same way about Raiden's ending as well). Just having metal arms is enough.
Yeah, he looks much better with just cybernetic arms. Becoming a full cyborg makes him lose some of his coolness.

Haven't played it yet and still don't know what my mains are gonna be. stick out tongue

Who will your main fighters be?

Man of Violence
Jax was always cool to me. It was a real suprise when they 1st gave'im metal arms. I remeber when I was a kid and I 1st saw'em, I was like whoa! that's cool! I wanted metal arms.

Sado22
*rips out random dude's arms*

I-Drop
The head smashing fatality from MK2 was always a fave. Here's a bad quality vid of Jax shooting somebodyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XbAaV2svo

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, he looks much better with just cybernetic arms. Becoming a full cyborg makes him lose some of his coolness.
And most of all, his humanity. sad

Who will your main fighters be?
Well I know I'll be using Jax of course. He's an old-time fav. Other than that, I think I'll be using Scorpion, Batman, some of the Joker (especially if Heath Ledger's Joker ends up being an unlockable skin 131, which has been considered by Midway), Deathstroke, and Darkseid (I hear that he sucks in this game though, so I may not use him much. Depends).

Originally posted by Man of Violence
Jax was always cool to me. It was a real suprise when they 1st gave'im metal arms. I remeber when I was a kid and I 1st saw'em, I was like whoa! that's cool! I wanted metal arms.
Heh. That was kinda my first impression when I first saw him in MK Annihilation (he was pretty much the only thing I liked about the movie).

Originally posted by I-Drop
The head smashing fatality from MK2 was always a fave. Here's a bad quality vid of Jax shooting somebodyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XbAaV2svo
Spamming his machine gun move was always fun. Now if only they could've had that move of his in the older games..

Man of Violence
Not only is what Jax is doin' funny (OOOOOhhhhh, yeah, like the Kool-Aid Man)
but the horribleness of that vid only adds on laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loudOriginally posted by Ridley_Prime

Heh. That was kinda my first impression when I first saw him in MK Annihilation (he was pretty much the only thing I liked about the movie).

No lie, I was jax for Halloween when I was a lil kid. I wanted to be Scorpion but the costumes had sold out so my brother put aluminum foil on my arms and said I was Jax...

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Man of Violence
No lie, I was jax for Halloween when I was a lil kid. I wanted to be Scorpion but the costumes had sold out so my brother put aluminum foil on my arms and said I was Jax...

Did you ever try being Jax in the later Halloweens?
And most of all, his humanity. sad
Like you said: it's good that this game isn't canon.

That goes for me, too. Jax was the only reason why I watch that movie.

I'm still somewhat disappointed that Cage was killed off within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Ridley_Prime
That goes for me, too. Jax was the only reason why I watch that movie.

I'm still somewhat disappointed that Cage was killed off within the first 10 minutes of the movie.
Same here. Linden Ashby refused to return as Cage in Annihilation because he didn't like the idea of his character getting killed off like that, so they hired some other guy to do it.

-------

Jax has pretty good senses. He stops Smoke (in his human/original form, which is rarely seen) and Jade from killing him in his sleep (after getting beaten up by Goro and sent to a hospital). This is before he gets his metal arms.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5150/jax1cg2.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9097/jax2lr5.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/754/jax3in6.jpg

Yoshi Paradise
I don't blame him for doing that, but he could've gotten some extra money for doing a short role.

That's a pretty cool scan. Besides his strength, did Jax's bionic arms increase his other attributes?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah..

As for your question, I'm not sure really. It is odd though how Jax gets rid of his metal arms in Annihilation, yet he keeps wearing them in the games (granted, the movie is non-canon, but it still made sense for him to get rid of 'em).

Yoshi Paradise
I was wondering about that, too. I was wondering why he took them off since the only game in which he doesn't have the bionic arms is MK2.

Then again, I remember him not having the bionic arms in one of the 3D MK games. I forgot which one, though.

Ridley_Prime
I think it was Deadly Alliance/Armageddon that he didn't have them, but only as an alt costume. erm

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, it was an alternate outfit.

The outfit was yellow and sleeveless, but I can't find a picture of it.

I-Drop
Same here. Linden Ashby refused to return as Cage in Annihilation because he didn't like the idea of his character getting killed off like that, so they hired some other guy to do it.

-------

Jax has pretty good senses. He stops Smoke (in his human/original form, which is rarely seen) and Jade from killing him in his sleep (after getting beaten up by Goro and sent to a hospital). This is before he gets his metal arms.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5150/jax1cg2.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9097/jax2lr5.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/754/jax3in6.jpg Cool. You got scans of all the MK books?

Ridley_Prime
Cool. You got scans of all the MK books?
Unfortunately, nah. Well, not myself anyway. Found 'em on this site. stick out tongue

http://www.mortalkombatblackout.com/gallery/comics/

Just click on one of the covers, and it'll show every scan (one at a time) of that book after you click Next. smile

Ridley_Prime

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2803/te0108ca8.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6961/te0109nz0.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/448/te0110hx9.jpg

I-Drop
Unfortunately, nah. Well, not myself anyway. Found 'em on this site. stick out tongue

Just click on one of the covers, and it'll show every scan (one at a time) of that book after you click Next. smile Awesome! Thanx, mane

Yoshi Paradise

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2803/te0108ca8.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6961/te0109nz0.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/448/te0110hx9.jpg

That's awesome.

Just click on one of the covers, and it'll show every scan (one at a time) of that book after you click Next. smile

I'll be going to that site more often.

Ridley_Prime
Awesome! Thanx, mane
You're welcome. smile

That's awesome.
Indeed. big grin Didn't think Sub-zero would be such a wuss in the comics though erm, but I still like the way Jax beat him there. haha

I'll be going to that site more often.
Same here I guess. I saw that there were also MK Deception comics that never got released (they're still for sell online though), but haven't seen scans of them anywhere, unsurprisingly. It's too bad. I would've liked to see scan-related feats of Shujinko and Onaga, whether they be canon or not.

Snafu the Great
Bitter irony. Jax has a habit of ripping off other people's arms, so Ermac one-ups the major and uses his mind to destroy Jax's

-Pr-
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Bitter irony. Jax has a habit of ripping off other people's arms, so Ermac one-ups the major and uses his mind to destroy Jax's

At least he gets new ones.

Meioh_Hades
I liked that in MK 2011 we actually discovered why Jax got bionic arms (and why he NEED them).

In the original timeline, IIRC those arms were a sorta of "exoskeleton" that Jax used intentionally (like in the AWFUL MK Annihilation move). And since (MK2 canon comic) Jax is said to be the "strongest man on Earth", that made him quite a wuss: Liu Kang, Sonya, Cage, etc were able to fight bare handed and Jax needed arm implants to keep up with them, even if he's bigger and physically stronger.

I-Drop
Ditto.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed as well. I'd like to see some more Michael Jae White as Jax too, particularly with the bionic arms since his original ones kinda became useless after his fight to the death with Kano, who I also loved in MK Legacy.

Snafu the Great
Trivia: Michael Jai White was originally tapped for the role of Jax in the 1st flick, but he did Spawn instead, and the role in the 2nd flick went to Williams the second time he refused. But seeing him in the webseries beating the holy hell out of Kano was badass.

Ridley_Prime
Williams was all right. His Jax at least made Annihilation watchable even as terrible as the movie was, but with how small a role Jax had in the 1st film (never being seen again after Sonya went on that boat), it meant little to me on who played him there. You'd think he'd chase after Sonya on that boat or something.

But as for the webseries, yeah. Even the Kano they had was badass, though it went pretty downhill after the Johnny Cage episode.

Snafu the Great
Found this on Deviantart

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/137/a/e/ermac_owns_jax_by_iamsubzero-d3gkas3.jpg

Snafu the Great
Williams was all right. His Jax at least made Annihilation watchable even as terrible as the movie was, but with how small a role Jax had in the 1st film (never being seen again after Sonya went on that boat), it meant little to me on who played him there. You'd think he'd chase after Sonya on that boat or something.

But as for the webseries, yeah. Even the Kano they had was badass, though it went pretty downhill after the Johnny Cage episode.

I gotta disagree. The one with Scorpion and Subzero was badass. Ironically, this is Ian Anthony Dale (who plays Scorpion in both Rebirth and Legacy) second time playing as a videogame character.

The first character he played? Kazuya Mishima in the blasphemous Tekken live action movie.

Ridley_Prime
Found this on Deviantart

And they say fatalities can never be canon. roll eyes (sarcastic) Really though, Ermac's TK is beast.

I gotta disagree. The one with Scorpion and Subzero was badass. Ironically, this is Ian Anthony Dale (who plays Scorpion in both Rebirth and Legacy) second time playing as a videogame character.

The first character he played? Kazuya Mishima in the blasphemous Tekken live action movie.
The Scorpion and Subzero one was all right, especially the fighting, but I didn't really like the design they had for Scorpion's mask (at least compared to how they normally have it), or how they made pre-hell Scorpion a far too casual familyman. It's no wonder he first got killed by Bi-Han and then manipulated by Quan Chi.

Nice, didn't realize that. Hanzo Hasashi/Scorpion seemed far more promising in the Rebirth trailer though than he did in Legacy.

Snafu the Great
And they say fatalities can never be canon. roll eyes (sarcastic) Really though, Ermac's TK is beast.

The Scorpion and Subzero one was all right, especially the fighting, but I didn't really like the design they had for Scorpion's mask (at least compared to how they normally have it), or how they made pre-hell Scorpion a far too casual familyman. It's no wonder he first got killed by Bi-Han and then manipulated by Quan Chi.

Nice, didn't realize that. Hanzo Hasashi/Scorpion seemed far more promising in the Rebirth trailer though than he did in Legacy.

In the Malibu comics, Jax gets the bionic implants after Baraka shreds his arms to the point that he can't use them anymore. And I gotta agree with you with the mask for Scorpion.

Oh, and technically, Bi-Han did not whack Hanzo in Legacy. That was Shang Tsung assuming the elder Subzero's form. Of course, Hanzo did not know that. Shame. His wife was hot. But gamewise, Bi-Han did leave Scorpion a head shorter (and missing a spine).

Ridley_Prime
In the Malibu comics, Jax gets the bionic implants after Baraka shreds his arms to the point that he can't use them anymore. And I gotta agree with you with the mask for Scorpion.

Oh, and technically, Bi-Han did not whack Hanzo in Legacy. That was Shang Tsung assuming the elder Subzero's form. Of course, Hanzo did not know that. Shame. His wife was hot. But gamewise, Bi-Han did leave Scorpion a head shorter (and missing a spine).
Huh, were those the comics that were canon? Regardless, it's been forever since I've read any of the Malibu ones now (aside from some of the random cool scans I posted in various respect threads here), so I don't remember the Jax and Baraka thing at this point.

And yeah, I wasn't saying Bi-Han killed Scorpion in Legacy; was just referring to the games canon. Wasn't it Quan Chi (with the assistance of Shang Tsung) who morphed into elder Subzero and literally backstabbed Hanzo in Legacy though?
Scorpion's wife was prettier in that flashback scene in MK9 where Quan Chi showed Hanzo his family getting killed by Subzero (which needless to say, was not really him, but Scorpion believed the image Quan showed him anyway out of rage and did his toasty fatality, much to Raiden's displeasure).

Snafu the Great
When Quan Chi decides to screw with your head by showing you your soon-to-be dead wife and son, you would flip the fvck out too. Scorpion may have been a ninja, but he's a family man first. Gotta hand it to the baddies in MK. They are experts in psychological warfare. Zombies got both of them beat by a longshot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.