Superman can defeat them all... Thor, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ErnestManigoJr

Demogorge
All at the same time?

stickman618
Thor has magical based abilities, and if i'm not mistaken, Superman is vulnerable to magic

Violent2Dope
Thor with his hands fished a giant snake that was wrapped around the planet. Supes can't beat everyone, not even in DC. There are plenty of people in Marvel who would shitstomp Supes to nothing.

Soljer
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Thor with his hands fished a giant snake that was wrapped around the planet. Supes can't beat everyone, not even in DC. There are plenty of people in Marvel who would shitstomp Supes to nothing.

Yup, but Thor, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion are not among their numbers.

Violent2Dope
I know, but he said ALL Marvel heros can't.

shortstickman
sure thor could grab a snake rapped around a planet but superman atomized a planet just by fighting over its surface he even created tears through time and space

roughrider
Originally posted by shortstickman
sure thor could grab a snake rapped around a planet but superman atomized a planet just by fighting over its surface he even created tears through time and space

That 'snake' - The Midgard Serpent - has a mass equal to that of the Earth itself. Thor wasn't even wearing his belt of strength when it happened, and that DOUBLES his might.
Don't bother bringing up feats of Pre-Crisis Superman; him & his silly powers (like super-knitting & super-mathematics) are gone.
And characters like Hyperion & Gladiator ARE him. The same being - just born in different realities; deliberate analogues.

superinfo
1. superman already gave thor a shitstomp
2. midgard serpeant doesnt have the same mass as the earth. it coiled around it.

if my shoelace can coil around a baseball. would it have the same mass? no. it would be impossible. same with the the over grown garden snake which its head when thor fought it was only the size of a house. go back and re read the story.

Violent2Dope
Crossovers aren't canon, wanted to point that out.

MattDay
there was one fight between thor and superman that is cannon, can anyway remember which one?

ragesRemorse
its superman. He spanks any and everyone. Superman is the christ of comics

Sarutobi700
Supes would get his assed whooped against all but Hyperion in a 1 on 1 fight

Creshosk
Originally posted by MattDay
there was one fight between thor and superman that is cannon, can anyway remember which one? JLA/Avengers The story continued in DC and was mentioned in the avengers handbook for marvel. Both companies recognized it as canon.

Violent2Dope
I see. And Thor was stomped by Superman?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by roughrider
That 'snake' - The Midgard Serpent - has a mass equal to that of the Earth itself. Thor wasn't even wearing his belt of strength when it happened, and that DOUBLES his might.
Don't bother bringing up feats of Pre-Crisis Superman; him & his silly powers (like super-knitting & super-mathematics) are gone.
And characters like Hyperion & Gladiator ARE him. The same being - just born in different realities; deliberate analogues. that wasnt a precrisis feat that he mentioned though

Avlon
Originally posted by stickman618
Thor has magical based abilities, and if i'm not mistaken, Superman is vulnerable to magic

Supes recently pwned Arion..a high level sorcerer.

hamboy
Here is my opinion:
Thor
Yes, Thor is magic. However, his speed is nowhere near enough to touch Supes. SM wins.

Hulk
HEAT VISION! Hulk is now headless

Gladiator
Gladiator has proved himself time and time again to be at the level of pre crisis Supes. Witch is way above current Superma. glads wins, if he is confident.

Hyperion
Don't know.

Sarutobi700
Heres the facts

Thor: Superior speed and strenght. He can alter reality. SB i mean SM losses
Hulk: heat vision, Hulk regenerates, and gets angrier till he is stronger than Supes...it doesnt take long for Hulk to do so so. HULK SMASH. Supes is now headless. SM losses

Gladiator: Even depressed Glads takes this. Supes dies. Supes loses

Hyperion: Supes wins against his shitty clone

Sentry: Supes gives up cos he's had enough ass whoppins form Goku, Thor and Glads, he knows he will lose to Sentry so he replaces Sentrys wife with Lois and saves himself the trouble of humiliating himself by losing to Sentry thus he ends his life. Superman loses

Red Shift
6000 tons! Wow!

That's almost as impressive as the weaker Gray Hulk smashing planet sized asteroids and Gladiator destroying planets!

MattDay
man that's a lot of bias and false facts about boy blue, and superman has pushed the planet, work the math out, and glads is inconsistant to hell, thor lost to superman in their cannon crossover, hulk is too one dimentional to beat superman... hyperion seems an odd one, so I'll leave that as N/A.

SupezM'
Isnt Gladiator vulnerable to different forms of radiation?

zeel
superman on his best day could not even touch galactus. supes can take any of the above you folks mentioned. But on the other hand they can all take supes to. there are many toons in marvel that can win a battle with supes. That goes for DC to.

Dark-Jaxx
On Superman's best day he would break Pre-Retcon Beyonder's nose.

TheBadguy
Yeah umm I think Im done with the vs threads in the Superman forum. Superman is unbeatable here.

zeel
hey heres one how bout superman vs onslaught.

zeel
or odin

zeel
or zeus

zeel
how bout dr strange, hell i think even the scarlet witch under the right circumstances could beat supes.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by zeel
how bout dr strange, hell i think even the scarlet witch under the right circumstances could beat supes.

Anyone could beat anyone else "under the right circumstances"

Dark-Jaxx
Scarlet Witch is an Omniversal reality warper. smile

BradBalboa
hmm I think He could beat Thor pretty easily, from what iv seen he aint that powweful, he coudltn handle supes, Hulk, to slow and clumsy, and i dont know who the other two are so i honestly cant say

llagrok
Thor could wisk Superman out of existence.

What is wrong with the thread starter by the way? Superman would be a class 100 according to Marvel as well :/

Dark-Jaxx
Thor and Supes can take eachother IMO.

But as I said, on his best day, Superman taskes PR Beyonder.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by llagrok
Thor could wisk Superman out of existence.

What is wrong with the thread starter by the way? Superman would be a class 100 according to Marvel as well :/

*ahem Superman wouldn't be class 100 according to marvel, 'cause he aint a marvel char, he is from DC. DC's powerlevels are way higher then marvel, even stated in the official crossover Avengers vs JLA.

Marvel may have an Omniverse but this Omniverse aint bigger then the DC Universe, just because both companies use the same terms doesn't mean they work the same way. Superman is supestrong, invulnerable, has heatvision etc, Galdiator too, but Superman ist still more powerful.

Superman is, according to the DC Quintessence, an Cosmic being^^.

And yes Superman would beat PR Beyonder, because Beyonder, like the IG, would be powerless in the DC universe.

BTW Batman kick > PR Beyonder

llagrok
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
*ahem Superman wouldn't be class 100 according to marvel, 'cause he aint a marvel char, he is from DC. DC's powerlevels are way higher then marvel, even stated in the official crossover Avengers vs JLA.

Marvel may have an Omniverse but this Omniverse aint bigger then the DC Universe, just because both companies use the same terms doesn't mean they work the same way. Superman is supestrong, invulnerable, has heatvision etc, Galdiator too, but Superman ist still more powerful.

Superman is, according to the DC Quintessence, an Cosmic being^^.

And yes Superman would beat PR Beyonder, because Beyonder, like the IG, would be powerless in the DC universe.

BTW Batman kick > PR Beyonder

No, Superman would be a class 100+ according to Marvel, because every Marvel character, no matter how strong they are can only be classified as class 100+ when they lift in excess of 100 ton. Hence why both Hercules and Superman would both be listed as class 100+ even though they're not equally strong.

Hard to understand?

Beyonder wouldn't be powerless in DC either, that's for somewhere else.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by llagrok
No, Superman would be a class 100+ according to Marvel, because every Marvel character, no matter how strong they are can only be classified as class 100+ when they lift in excess of 100 ton. Hence why both Hercules and Superman would both be listed as class 100+ even though they're not equally strong.

Hard to understand?

Beyonder wouldn't be powerless in DC either, that's for somewhere else.

Superman's str would be incalculable, as is the case in the Marvel Handbooks with chars that are far beyond the 100ton range.

And Beyonder would be powerless, as was the IG.

carnage52
superman stomps all he is te uber.

Maistro
No offense but you people need to realise that Superman isn't the best thing out their and aside from Hyperion all of the names listed have a very good chance of beating the crap out of supes and will prolly do so

Current Thor mops the floor with him ( if loeb isn't writing the story )

razor4life
Heck based on almost every superman showing against a poweful brick. He prolly would get stopped by the Hulk. I think people get too taken in by the superman image than his average showings. They get so caught up in the image that they don't realise how badly written he is and how he loses to things that make you scratch your head. Superman might be one of the most undefined and boring super heroes ever created.

RageOfTheGods
Superman can defeat Gladiator, Hyperion, Thor and Hulk (Not at the same time of course).......but Thor and Hulk can very well defeat Superman and King Hyperion might have a shot at defeating Superman.......the fight outcome changes between Superman and Thor etc. when you start using different versions of Thor and Superman example Superman 1 million or King Thor and such..........

D-Block
Thor and Gladiator can defeat in Superman in one on one fights not saying that Supes couldn't get some wins also. But Hulk and Hyperion aren't beating Superman. In a forum battle Hulk shouldn't lay a finger on Supes.

Markus Corvinus
Hulk has been shown to be able to keep up with high speeds, so I'm sure he could take out Superman. Afterall, the Hulk is the strongest one there is!

Soljer
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Hulk has been shown to be able to keep up with high speeds, so I'm sure he could take out Superman. Afterall, the Hulk is the strongest one there is!

Liars go to hell.

Captain America has out sped the Hulk when it comes to fighting speed.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Soljer
Liars go to hell.

Captain America has out sped the Hulk when it comes to fighting speed.

It depends on the version, but the Hulk has been shown to keep up with high speeds before. Some versions of the Hulk are stronger than some versions of Superman, and vice versa. For instance, Pre-Crisis Superman would obliterate many versions of the Hulk, and Green Scar Hulk would smash many versions of Superman.

Soljer
Green Scar Hulk would smash many versions of Superman.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Markus Corvinus
I'd expect a response like that from someone as idiotic as you.

Soljer
I'd expect a response like that from someone as idiotic as you.

Hilarious. Nineteen days and already talking shit.

Which versions?

Markus Corvinus
This is an internet forum, try not to take it to seriously. I only call it as I see it.

Green Scar Hulk & Maestro are among his most powerful incarnations. Note that I'm not saying every version is superior to Superman and other heroes, just some versions. Superman has been shown in many incarnations to be able to be hurt by beings of equal or greater strength. Green Scar Hulk & Maestro have both exhibited great strength due to them being more adept at fighting.

Soljer
This is an internet forum, try not to take it to seriously. I only call it as I see it.

Green Scar Hulk & Maestro are among his most powerful incarnations. Note that I'm not saying every version is superior to Superman and other heroes, just some versions. Superman has been shown in many incarnations to be able to be hurt by beings of equal or greater strength. Green Scar Hulk & Maestro have both exhibited great strength due to them being more adept at fighting.

You haven't 'seen' anything to 'call'. The posting of three emoticons is neither indicative of high nor of low intelligence.

Also, you failed to answer the question.

Green Scar Hulk would smash many versions of Superman.

Which versions?

Markus Corvinus
I didn't fail to answer anything, you simply didn't read it all. I told you that to my knowledge Green Scar Hulk & Maestro are among his strongest incarnations, and could take Superman in hand to hand combat. I'm not denying in any way that Superman can't use his speed to win, just that if he decided not to, there are certain incarnations of Hulk he can't beat, because they are smart and well adept in combat.

Soljer
I didn't fail to answer anything, you simply didn't read it all. I told you that to my knowledge Green Scar Hulk & Maestro are among his strongest incarnations, and could take Superman in hand to hand combat. I'm not denying in any way that Superman can't use his speed to win, just that if he decided not to, there are certain incarnations of Hulk he can't beat, because they are smart and well adept in combat.

Again, you've failed to answer.

You said that Green Scar could take certain versions of Superman.

I queried "Which versions?"

You responded "Green Scar and Maestro could take Superman."

So I asked again "Which versions of Superman?"

You responded "Green scar and Maestro cold take Superman."

Are we really going to keep recursing?

Eel O'Brien
Everyone seems to be forgetting that Superman's dials go up to eleven.

Markus Corvinus
Again, you've failed to answer.

You said that Green Scar could take certain versions of Superman.

I queried "Which versions?"

You responded "Green Scar and Maestro could take Superman."

So I asked again "Which versions of Superman?"

You responded "Green scar and Maestro cold take Superman."

Are we really going to keep recursing?

This falls into the category of not being specific with your question. Naturally, I assumed you meant the Hulk, not Superman, but that's your fault for not lining your question correctly.

Certain versions like Post Crisis Superman, All Star Superman, and Superman: Birthright don't seem to be among his strongest incarnations.

Soljer
This falls into the category of not being specific with your question. Naturally, I assumed you meant the Hulk, not Superman, but that's your fault for not lining your question correctly.

Certain versions like Post Crisis Superman, All Star Superman, and Superman: Birthright don't seem to be among his strongest incarnations.

I highlighted your claim that "Green Scar would smash many versions of Superman" and then asked "Which versions?" What kind of moron would then, naturally, assume I was asking about the Hulk?

The three you named would all murder 'Green Scar' for ten out of ten.

Especially All-Star.

Markus Corvinus
You could've easily been asking which versions of the Hulk I was talking about. In any case, Green Scar would mash all of those versions of Supes back to back.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Everyone seems to be forgetting that Superman's dials go up to eleven.

laughing

jalek moye
You could've easily been asking which versions of the Hulk I was talking about. In any case, Green Scar would mash all of those versions of Supes back to back.

no he wouldn't he might win some but theres no way he could ever stomp supes. depending on how serious supes took it he could ver well KO him early on. but most likly hulk wins eventually after a long fight but he'll be getting his ass kicked for most of it

Markus Corvinus
That's complete rubbish. Hulk has done tremendous feats such as smashing planetoids much larger than Earth, and most recently keeping a planet together, I believe. The Hulk's strength constantly grows as a fight goes on longer, and I'm pretty sure he would pound Supes into the ground.

jalek moye
lol what are you talking about hulks hasn't smashed a planet, and if he did it was not under his own power alone.

Ok by your assumption noone can challenge hulk eh cuz he keeps getting stronger.

Well it takes more then just strength. Superman's speed, veratitlity, strength, and combat smarts will would not make it easy for hulk and could very well win. it could go either way buts not a stomp by anymeans

Markus Corvinus
Dude, you have no clue what you're talking about. The Hulk smashed a planetoid twice the size of the Earth, and the image itself is in the respect thread and pretty much all over Google. Also, I never said the Hulk can't be beaten because he grows more powerful, just that it's a valuable power to have when going up against an enemy just as strong or stronger. Leave the debating to the big boys.

jalek moye
post the scan here because im pretty sure that thats hyperbole about it being twice the size of earth.

Wei Phoenix
Dude, you have no clue what you're talking about. The Hulk smashed a planetoid twice the size of the Earth, and the image itself is in the respect thread and pretty much all over Google. Also, I never said the Hulk can't be beaten because he grows more powerful, just that it's a valuable power to have when going up against an enemy just as strong or stronger. Leave the debating to the big boys.

TBH even though I'm not a big fan of Supes I always seen him as the better fighter than Hulk. He is smarter and knows what to do in a situation against someone like Hulk. His speed severely outclasses him and he should win.

kgkg
Originally posted by ErnestManigoJr
All of Marvel Heroes Maximum Strength levels are at 100Tons or more... even those incredibaly beyond that would only be at maybe twice that. Superman is at 3000 Tons when he was still a Teen! (See below) Yes marvel characters have hard time with anything over 100 ton
no expression

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by jalek moye
post the scan here because im pretty sure that thats hyperbole about it being twice the size of earth.

It's not hyberbole at all. You just have no clue what you're talking about. Go check the respect thread, there are tons of Hulk feats over there. I'm not about to post a pic that you're allowed to go look at yourself.

jalek moye
why should i go look through the respect thread for it. just post the scans of it. I've seen the scan of him breaking it, but not where it says it was twice the size of earth

Markus Corvinus
I'm pretty sure it was said either before or after he smashed it. Either way, you're the only one debating it's size. laughing out loud

Raoul
class 100+ is just the highest classification... the hulk when amped even a little dwarfs that figure, as do the likes of thor and whoever else... its guys like colossus and thing who are stuck at 100...

as for the better fighter. please. superman spars regularly with wonder woman. he's picked up tips from batman. he's a tactical fighter, the only problem he has is that he's such a nice guy he doesn't like hurting people, even while fighting them, unless he REALLY hates them, added to the fact that his strength is almost limitless...

honestly, anyone with that amount of strength is really going to worry about being stylish or complicated when they can just punch someone hard enough to ko them?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Raoul
class 100+ is just the highest classification... the hulk when amped even a little dwarfs that figure, as do the likes of thor and whoever else... its guys like colossus and thing who are stuck at 100...

as for the better fighter. please. superman spars regularly with wonder woman. he's picked up tips from batman. he's a tactical fighter, the only problem he has is that he's such a nice guy he doesn't like hurting people, even while fighting them, unless he REALLY hates them, added to the fact that his strength is almost limitless...

honestly, anyone with that amount of strength is really going to worry about being stylish or complicated when they can just punch someone hard enough to ko them?

Oh shitz!

You're back. hug

About time reason and common sense made a post.

Raoul
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oh shitz!

You're back. hug

About time reason and common sense made a post.

lol, thx man, its good to be back...

thats milli vanilli, isnt it.

WrathfulDwarf
"Girl you know it's true!"...

It's a Halloween thingy...you know..something.... trick or treat! stick out tongue

Raoul
"Girl you know it's true!"...

It's a Halloween thingy...you know..something.... trick or treat! stick out tongue

laughing out loud

i see what you did there...

Markus Corvinus

Good post, but the thing is, I don't think Superman would be able to outright ko Superman unless he put ALL of his power into one punch, something everyone know he's unlikely to try at the very beginning of a fight. I will agree that the Hulk has been quite a sloppy fighter over the years, which is a disadvantage, but Green Scar has picked up some combat skills, so that could certainly help out.

Raoul
Good post, but the thing is, I don't think Superman would be able to outright ko Superman unless he put ALL of his power into one punch, something everyone know he's unlikely to try at the very beginning of a fight. I will agree that the Hulk has been quite a sloppy fighter over the years, which is a disadvantage, but Green Scar has picked up some combat skills, so that could certainly help out.

superman would be able to ko superman? stick out tongue

i'm not saying hulk can't fight, or that superman would one punch him, it would be a good punch-up to watch, i just think superman has an edge that would see him through...

Markus Corvinus
Get used to it, Raoul, I do that quite a lot. I'm typing so fast I'm not paying attention. big grin

Oh, it'd definitely be a good fight, and I have the same view as you, only I think the Hulk would have the edge. As the fight goes on, rather than tire out, he'd continue to grow stronger.

Raoul
Get used to it, Raoul, I do that quite a lot. I'm typing so fast I'm not paying attention. big grin

Oh, it'd definitely be a good fight, and I have the same view as you, only I think the Hulk would have the edge. As the fight goes on, rather than tire out, he'd continue to grow stronger.

laughing out loud

granted, hulk gets stronger, though i think superman's speed, reflexes, plus his other powers (heat vision, cold and wind breath), would see him through...

Alpha Centauri
Hulk is my favourite character, and whilst I think it's more than reasonable to suggest Hulk has the edge in strength, pure strength, like it or not, Superman just has everything else.

I think he's cheap, but that doesn't give me the right to say he wouldn't beat Hulk. You can't prefer who is more powerful, Markus.

-AC

spidey-dude
cant beat gladiator

Raoul
Originally posted by spidey-dude
cant beat gladiator

yes he can.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hulk is my favourite character, and whilst I think it's more than reasonable to suggest Hulk has the edge in strength, pure strength, like it or not, Superman just has everything else.

I think he's cheap, but that doesn't give me the right to say he wouldn't beat Hulk. You can't prefer who is more powerful, Markus.

-AC

I know that Superman would be more powerful using other abilities, but in pure strength, Hulk has him beat.

Alpha Centauri
I know that Superman would be more powerful using other abilities, but in pure strength, Hulk has him beat.

That won't win him this fight, though.

-AC

Markus Corvinus
Let's say Supes uses his freeze breath, Hulk can break out of that. Hulk can heal from his heat vision if Superman uses it enough to remove flesh off the Hulk's skin. The only thing I can see Supes using to win is his speed to land in more hits and what not.

Raoul
i actually think superman is stronger, but thats just me...

Markus Corvinus
No problem with that, it could swing either way as to why we think each is stronger, and I'm sure both of us could come up with a thousand different valid facts. For instance, Superman's body has been storing solar radiation for more than 30 years, while the Hulk can become stronger and stronger throughout a fight.

WrathfulDwarf
Superman is stronger.

Markus Corvinus
Says the guy who thinks Godzilla can curbstomp the Hulk, and have a real match with Superman.

WrathfulDwarf
Superman smacks Godzilla.

Godzilla smacks Hulk.

Conclusion: Hulk sucks.

Markus Corvinus
Lol, that's your reason behind saying he loses a fight? You need to stay out of debates, because all you know is that you dislike the Hulk, you don't know anything about his feats or accomplishments.

Hulk smacks Godzilla

Superman smacks Godzilla

Hulk & Superman smack each other around

Conclusion: You fail

WrathfulDwarf

Hulk smacks Godzilla

Superman smacks Godzilla

Hulk & Superman smack each other around

Conclusion: You fail

Very original! thumb up

Markus Corvinus
My post is as original as your posts about Hulk are relevant.

jalek moye
superman is way stronger by a large margain. Hulk can get tehre but his not gonna get hit once and jump to that level. but he will eventually if the fight goes long enough.

Markus Corvinus
The Hulk may not be exactly on Superman's level of strength in his base form, but he'd still be strong enough to punch Superman hard enough so he'd feel it. Wolverine has even stated that not many people have survived a punch from the Hulk & that taking a punch from him feels like an earthquake.

Raoul
Superman is stronger.

i heart u...

Markus Corvinus
Superman is stronger at base, but as the fight goes on, the Hulk is only going to grow in strength. They'll both beat the crap out of each other, but more likely than not, Hulk will win at least half of the bouts. In fact, I think Hulk would win 5/10.

Eel O'Brien
Hulk's only hope is that Supes will stand there and fight like a brick. Despite how some writers like to portray him, Superman is better than that.

jalek moye
Superman is stronger at base, but as the fight goes on, the Hulk is only going to grow in strength. They'll both beat the crap out of each other, but more likely than not, Hulk will win at least half of the bouts. In fact, I think Hulk would win 5/10.

thats funny just last weak you were like hulk can win every fight in a stomp.

and superman isnt just stronger then hulk at base he's just stronger then hulk period. It take a very long time for him to get to that strength level

WrathfulDwarf
i heart u...

big grin

Hulk's only hope is that Supes will stand there and fight like a brick. Despite how some writers like to portray him, Superman is better than that.

If you think thats bad you should have seen the Flash vs. The Hulk thread.

"HULK THUNDER CLAPS DA FASH!!!!! lolololololololol"

Yeah...those guys. erm

Soljer

Truth. The only way for the Hulk to win a single fight is for Superman to forget about his speed, flight, heat vision, cold breath, skill, and intelligence. Given that Superman literally stands in front of the Hulk and trades punches with him, blow-for-blow, the Hulk would be capable of winning a couple matches out of ten.

big grin

If you think thats bad you should have seen the Flash vs. The Hulk thread.

"HULK THUNDER CLAPS DA FASH!!!!! lolololololololol"

Yeah...those guys. erm

Yup. The Hulk beats a person that can travel at many, many, many multiples of the speed of light by unleashing an attack that travels at the speed of sound.

Jesus - I know some people like to idolize fictional characters and even emulate them, but to take on Savage Hulk's mental capacity? That's a little much.

jalek moye
Truth. The only way for the Hulk to win a single fight is for Superman to forget about his speed, flight, heat vision, cold breath, skill, and intelligence. Given that Superman literally stands in front of the Hulk and trades punches with him, blow-for-blow, the Hulk would be capable of winning a couple matches out of ten.

I honestly think superman still would win a majority in a close quarters fight. not just standing still but if they broke out into a brick brawl I still he might.

Soljer
I honestly think superman still would win a majority in a close quarters fight. not just standing still but if they broke out into a brick brawl I still he might.

I'm not talking close-quarters-brawl.

I'm talking, literally, punch for punch. Slugfest.

The Hulk punches Superman, Superman takes it. Superman punches the Hulk, the Hulk takes it.

No blocking, no dodging, no skill, no speed, no other powers. Just pure strength vs. durability back and forth.

That's where the Hulk could win some matches. Give Superman speed and skill, and he wins 10/10. Give him all his powers, and it's just plain embarrassing how easily he'd win.

Raoul
embarrassing for hulk.

Soljer
embarrassing for hulk.

It'd be kind of embarrassing for Superman, too.

Superman vs. The Hulk with all powers allowed? It'd be like watching Wanderlei Silva fight Dakota Fanning, respectively.

Raoul
It'd be kind of embarrassing for Superman, too.

Superman vs. The Hulk with all powers allowed? It'd be like watching Wanderlei Silva fight Dakota Fanning, respectively.

i love that you felt obliged to add the 'respectively' part...

Soljer
i love that you felt obliged to add the 'respectively' part...

*shrugs* Seemed like another single-digit-IQ Hulk supporter might feel inclined to come in, "Ya, wit Sliva as teh Hulk! LOLZORZ!"

Raoul
*shrugs* Seemed like another single-digit-IQ Hulk supporter might feel inclined to come in, "Ya, wit Sliva as teh Hulk! LOLZORZ!"

laughing out loud

Markus Corvinus
I'm not talking close-quarters-brawl.

I'm talking, literally, punch for punch. Slugfest.

The Hulk punches Superman, Superman takes it. Superman punches the Hulk, the Hulk takes it.

No blocking, no dodging, no skill, no speed, no other powers. Just pure strength vs. durability back and forth.

That's where the Hulk could win some matches. Give Superman speed and skill, and he wins 10/10. Give him all his powers, and it's just plain embarrassing how easily he'd win.

I actually agree with that statement, because if Superman is able to use his speed, then the Hulk would see the punches coming, and by using other abilities, they could slow him down. It depends on what intensity he does heat vision and other abilities. I'm sure he could get past freeze breath and super breath, it's the heat vision and superspeed he'd mainly have to worry about.

jalek moye
I actually agree with that statement, because if Superman is able to use his speed, then the Hulk would see the punches coming, and by using other abilities, they could slow him down. It depends on what intensity he does heat vision and other abilities. I'm sure he could get past freeze breath and super breath, it's the heat vision and superspeed he'd mainly have to worry about.

Superspeed, skill, his strength advantage, and higher durability is really all he needs to use.

Markus Corvinus
You are aware that they are both above 100+ tons, so if he has a strength advantage, it's not by much, right?

Soljer
You are aware that they are both above 100+ tons, so if he has a strength advantage, it's not by much, right?

You are aware that both one hundred three and fourteen point seven billion are above one hundred, right? And they aren't comparable in the least, right?

You're aware that Colossus is class one hundred, and yet he is absolutely nothing compared to the likes of Superman, the Hulk, or Thor.

Please note that none of this is indicative of how I think the two, Superman and the Hulk, are ranked. I am not comparing the Hulk to Colossus, nor am I saying the Hulk is a one hundred three to Superman's fourteen or so billion.

Just pointing out the flaw in your logic. If X > 100 and Y > 100, it says absolutely nothing about the relation of X and Y.

Markus Corvinus
I get that, but what I meant was that they are over a class 100, which means we don't know exactly where their strength lies. I see your point though.

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk will never logically be able to beat Superman.

Superman is almost always stronger than Hulk, he has some ways to go to work up from his base to reach Superman's strength level.

Superman is too fast for Hulk to be able to react to his attacks, and Superman would never be hit.

Superman is more durable. Period.

And Superman is more versatile.

Superman stomps Hulk.

Wei Phoenix
The Hulk may not be exactly on Superman's level of strength in his base form, but he'd still be strong enough to punch Superman hard enough so he'd feel it. Wolverine has even stated that not many people have survived a punch from the Hulk & that taking a punch from him feels like an earthquake.

You do know that in the crossover. Supes was just standing there absorbing Hulk's punches and basically laughing in his face?

jalek moye
I get that, but what I meant was that they are over a class 100, which means we don't know exactly where their strength lies. I see your point though.

actually we know have a good estimate of hulks base strength. and its much lower then superman at any given time. thus it will take awhile for him to match it

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You do know that in the crossover. Supes was just standing there absorbing Hulk's punches and basically laughing in his face?

You do realize crossovers aren't really canon? There's always a biased writer doing crossovers, just like when Goku beat Superman in a Wizard magazine.

Wei Phoenix
You do realize crossovers aren't really canon? There's always a biased writer doing crossovers, just like when Goku beat Superman in a Wizard magazine.

That isn't a crossover. Wizard doesn't own the rights to neither character so that in no way counts as anything.

jalek moye
while that is true. Supes could stand there and take hulks punches with no ill effect at the bigging of the fight most likly and if not then the effect would be so minor it wouldn't matter.

Markus Corvinus
Dude, no, just no. Superman isn't as invincible as you seem to think. The Hulk's punches are going to make him move, it may not cause him a lot of pain, but he's not just going to take the hits and not feel anything at all. Superman, naturally, is going to try to gauge the Hulk's strength, and once Superman begins to get the better of him, he's going to get angrier and angrier.

However, versions of the Hulk like Maestro & Green Scar Hulk won't have to rely on anger alone, because they are more adept and smart fighters.

Wei Phoenix
Dude, no, just no. Superman isn't as invincible as you seem to think. The Hulk's punches are going to make him move, it may not cause him a lot of pain, but he's not just going to take the hits and not feel anything at all. Superman, naturally, is going to try to gauge the Hulk's strength, and once Superman begins to get the better of him, he's going to get angrier and angrier.

However, versions of the Hulk like Maestro & Green Scar Hulk won't have to rely on anger alone, because they are more adept and smart fighters.

What is stopping Superman from grabbing his hand and just tossing him to the side? I'm sorry but Hulk at his base form is just going to get crushed. He won't survive long enough to even get the strength to even make Supes worry.

jalek moye

hulk at base is barly over 100 tons. if superman braced himself he'd eat like it was nothing. As hulk got madder then of course he'd start to feel it.

jalek moye

also green scar sucks at fighting compared to supes he's just a slightly better hulk that has some melee weapon training

Wei Phoenix
hulk at base is barly over 100 tons. if superman braced himself he'd eat like it was nothing. As hulk got madder then of course he'd start to feel it.

Isn't that exactly how it was portrayed in the crossover?

kgkg
people acting like Hulk needs lot of anger to hurt Superman - This is complete false Hulk has increased strength very rapidly in the fast.

At base Superman is still stronger than Hulk true but it looks like there is myth going around Hulk needs to get extreme mad -.-

as for Superman vs Hulk - a one dimensional character can never beat someone like Superman.

Hulk won't last that long

jalek moye
well he does need anger to increase to that level but for somone barly stronger then him of course he doesnt need anger.

Markus Corvinus
Isn't that exactly how it was portrayed in the crossover?

Yep, Hulk kept punching, and getting madder and madder, but Superman didn't budge. It was just a b.s. move to make Superman more hyped up than he already was. The way I see it, telling me that Superman won't feel his hits at first is like telling me that no matter how much force I put into it, if I punch someone who's older, stronger, and more in shape than I am, he won't feel it. It's an obvious lie.

Sure, the Hulk isn't stronger than Superman at base, but it won't take him getting too angry for him to be able to fight with even terms with Superman. Some people act as if Hulk doesn't have any impressive feats or fights. Strength wise, he's just as good as Superman.

Character wise, I'd say I prefer Hulk more. Superman always ends up being too overpowered, and things are always made too easy for him.

Wei Phoenix
Yep, Hulk kept punching, and getting madder and madder, but Superman didn't budge. It was just a b.s. move to make Superman more hyped up than he already was. The way I see it, telling me that Superman won't feel his hits at first is like telling me that no matter how much force I put into it, if I punch someone who's older, stronger, and more in shape than I am, he won't feel it. It's an obvious lie.

Sure, the Hulk isn't stronger than Superman at base, but it won't take him getting too angry for him to be able to fight with even terms with Superman. Some people act as if Hulk doesn't have any impressive feats or fights. Strength wise, he's just as good as Superman.

Character wise, I'd say I prefer Hulk more. Superman always ends up being too overpowered, and things are always made too easy for him.

Well Superman is nearly as invulnerable as Juggernaut is and he doesn't feel a punch from Hulk.

I also find it funny that you think Supes is written as too overpowered but not Hulk. Both have been written as overpowered and their strength and feats have lead to confusing contradictions like Hulk breaking Onslaught's armor.

Luminatus

There might also be a single-digit IQ poster coming in here to post about how great Superman is. The OP is a good example of Superman's fans' general lack of intelligence.
There are intelligent fans of course. Just like there are intelligent Hulk fans.
Me I don't like either Hulk or Superman so who cares.

I still say Gladiator can at least split with Superman.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Luminatus
There might also be a single-digit IQ poster coming in here to post about how great Superman is. The OP is a good example of Superman's fans' general lack of intelligence.
There are intelligent fans of course. Just like there are intelligent Hulk fans.
Me I don't like either Hulk or Superman so who cares.

I still say Gladiator can at least split with Superman.

Gladiator is the shit. He'll beat Supes because he believes that he can beat his ass.

Soljer
Originally posted by Luminatus

I didn't say the Hulk was the only one with moronic fanboys; every popular character is bound to have at least a few. However, Banner does seem to attract more than Spiderman, Batman, Superman, and Wolverine - though Wolverine can actually provide some competition.

Markus Corvinus
Well, this one guy on a Hulk forum actually believes Wolverine could beat Superman, so yeah, Wolverine fans can be moronic.

Markus Corvinus
Well Superman is nearly as invulnerable as Juggernaut is and he doesn't feel a punch from Hulk.

I also find it funny that you think Supes is written as too overpowered but not Hulk. Both have been written as overpowered and their strength and feats have lead to confusing contradictions like Hulk breaking Onslaught's armor.

There's no such thing as complete invulnerability.

Both have been overpowered many times throughout history. And the ironic thing is both never started out as powerful as they would gradually become as different artists and writers began working on the characters.

jalek moye

actually there is in certain aspects Juggernuat is completly physically invulnerable.

Markus Corvinus

Alpha Centauri

You're invulnerable or you're not.

There's no real inbetween with that term. You can't be a bit invulnerable, or mostly invulnerable. You are or you are not.

Hulk is my favourite character, but Markus seems to think he can beat anyone, even the pathetically overpowered people, and anyone who disagrees is a fool.

-AC

Wei Phoenix

There's no real inbetween with that term. You can't be a bit invulnerable, or mostly invulnerable. You are or you are not.

Hulk is my favourite character, but Markus seems to think he can beat anyone, even the pathetically overpowered people, and anyone who disagrees is a fool.

-AC

Yeah I should've used the word durable instead.

Wei Phoenix

Both have been overpowered many times throughout history. And the ironic thing is both never started out as powerful as they would gradually become as different artists and writers began working on the characters.

Actually Juggernaut was always written as an invulnerable menace. The only thing that he isn't 100% invulnerable to is magic. Energy, elements and physical attacks don't really affect him.

jalek moye
when it comes to phsycial attacks there is

Markus Corvinus
No, there isn't. If there was, Superman wouldn't be able to be killed by someone of equal or greater strength, or be vulnerable to both magic & kryptonite. Don't be difficult.

jalek moye
No, there isn't. If there was, Superman wouldn't be able to be killed by someone of equal or greater strength, or be vulnerable to both magic & kryptonite. Don't be difficult. I didnt say superman was invulnerable i just said that some people are. because you said that there is none

Dark-Jaxx
Juggernaut is completely invulnerable to most forms of damage.

Superman is not, but his durability is too much for Hulk.

Robtard

-AC

The Tick is nigh-invulnerable. SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Soljer
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Juggernaut is completely invulnerable to most forms of damage.

Untrue.

Wei Phoenix
Untrue.

Are you going to prove that it is untrue?

Markus Corvinus
I doubt he needs to as it's pretty true, he's not invulnerable to most types of damage.

jalek moye
I doubt he needs to as it's pretty true, he's not invulnerable to most types of damage.

but he is invulnerable to physical damage. he neevr gets hurt from purely physical means

Soljer
but he is invulnerable to physical damage. he neevr gets hurt from purely physical means

So you mean to say that if the Living Tribunal descended from the cosmos, took the Juggernaut between his thumb and forefinger and squeezed as hard as he could, Cain'd be fine?

jalek moye
no expression ......... Shut up

Dark-Jaxx
So you mean to say that if the Living Tribunal descended from the cosmos, took the Juggernaut between his thumb and forefinger and squeezed as hard as he could, Cain'd be fine? Considering the fact that there are levels of infinity in Marvel, and LT's physical strength is simply a few(okay, a lot) level of infinity above Cain's, that does not prove Cain's durability to physical damage is not infinite. 131

kgkg
So you mean to say that if the Living Tribunal descended from the cosmos, took the Juggernaut between his thumb and forefinger and squeezed as hard as he could, Cain'd be fine? so you believe that nothing is invulnerable since there is always forces out there that will be able to affect the Immortal ,invulnerable etc.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Hulk will never logically be able to beat Superman.

Superman is almost always stronger than Hulk, he has some ways to go to work up from his base to reach Superman's strength level.

Superman is too fast for Hulk to be able to react to his attacks, and Superman would never be hit.

Superman is more durable. Period.

And Superman is more versatile.

Superman stomps Hulk.

No one has replied to this post.

But it's absolutely correct.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No one has replied to this post.

But it's absolutely correct.

What are ya talking about? I agreed with him.

So you mean to say that if the Living Tribunal descended from the cosmos, took the Juggernaut between his thumb and forefinger and squeezed as hard as he could, Cain'd be fine?

Doe LT have any strength feats? I don't know because I'm not in to all of the cosmic entities. I do know that he has impenetrable skin and a force field. Cain has survived being cast into Oblivion by Eternity so I think a little pressure will be fine. As I said he is immune to physical, energy, and elemental attacks 100%.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>