Brutal Legends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
2WYH2sFCGvE

Looks...metal. Jack Black and DIO lend their voices.

chickenlover98
loooks stupid. i read the gameinformer article. this looks completely stupid. another E game i will never touch

Scythe
Doesn't look that bad, I'm givin' it some hope.

Nemesis X
It sucks that BL may not appear in October all thanks to Activision suing Double Fine. What a bunch of greedy morons.

NemeBro
Been playing this all day.

The game is ****ing amazing, along with being as Metal and Brutal as I hoped it would be, it's pretty funny, the gameplay is very good, the soundtrack is amazing (Though really that was a given), and the plotline is actually well done as well.

No less than a nine out of ten so far.

KingD19
I reserved it about 2 weeks ago, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Would've gotten it today, but I'm sick, so I haven't left the house in a week. But the demo rocked out loud, so the game will no doubt melt my face off in a torrent of metal awesomeness.

NemeBro
Fun fact, there is actually a guitar solo you can play that melts enemie's faces off.

KingD19
F*CKIN AWESOME!!!!! I love the Druid Plow/Deuce.

My favorite quote so far(As far as you can get in the demo)

I will now teach you how to french kiss.

Icy Ninja
A little hesitant to try this out for three reasons
1. I don't get the gameplay is it like Fable with RTS elements in it?
2. Jack Black annoyes me I honestly never found him funny
3. Not that big of a metal fan

So my question is can someone who is not a Jack Black/Metal fan enjoy this game?

KingD19
1. You get simple button combos for melee with your axe, and your guitar has magical powers, like summoning pyrotechnics and lightning. Later on, you do get a simplified RTS element since you unlock different squads to go with you into large scale battles. (FUn multiplayer I bet, 3 diff factions)

2. He's funny as hell in the game, just the sheer amount of cursing is hilarious.

3. I'm a rap/hip hop man myself, but the soundtrack is awesome.(I will admit I like Tenacious D and Dethklok)

Yes, if you don't love this game, then something is genetically wrong with you. You should give Anti-Venom or Elixir a call.

Scythe
I've yet checked it out.

KingD19
I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

Scythe
I think so too, I'm a huge metal fan, this game looks orgasmic.

KingD19
It is, so many interesting characters and voice actors. It's hands down one of the most original games i've evre seen/played.

Kazenji
Well Tim Schafer was the director for this game what did ya expect compared to his other excellent work.

KingD19
I kinda expected what I got.

Scythe
Haha.

So, for those who've played it, has Dio appeared?

NemeBro
Dio is actually not in the game, sad to tell you.

Ozzy and Rob Halford are and I have seen them.

Scythe
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dio is actually not in the game, sad to tell you.

Ozzy and Rob Halford are and I have seen them.

Aw. Well, that's good enough.

FistOfThe North
i'll have this today.

not into that particular music genre but i gotta say the game is soo Metal it's hilarious. it's gotta be the most rockin' or heavy metal themed game i've ever seen in my life. it seeps the genre at every turn, and that's what makes it crazy (in a cool way) to me and therefore engaging to play.

i liked the demo, couldn't care less about jack black. graphics are good. gameplay's funny, story's mad funny. it's a hack and slasher to the core, the type of game i never cared for due to the repetitiveness aspect but other than that it seems like a fun ride in a hot rod.

demo: 8/10
actual game: TDB

First_Tsurugi06
I've gotten only to play the demo so far. I'm gonna replay it a few more times to get the jist of it a little better. My only legitimate complaint to the gameplay would have to be that the controls. Aside from being pretty stiff some of the mechanics don't play out like a typical action title, but what moves that the demo offered were still easy enough to pull off. I feel I can also get pretty easily accustomed to the driving controls.

What few lines I could get from the demo, I generally liked. Jack Black's still of his own kind of comedy, which to me seems to be of a love-it-or-hate-it category. I personally like him, and I like his lines such as, "Don't tell me I've been slaying hot girls this whole time..."

The artistic direction seems really cool. My love of Rock spreads to just about all the genres of it. I'm hoping there are more landscapes as awesome as the mountain of bones and skulls we started out on.

As soon as I feel the need to take a break from Batman Arkham Asylum (which I bought just a few days ago, granted), I'll probably give this game a look.

S_D_J
Great game, love the menu (awesome)

I really hate/like Jack Black, I can't really stand the guy and his one dimensional acting, but I still get a good laugh out of him (I love School of Rock). At least as Eddie he sounds a bit mature and entertaining.

Haven't gotten past the first level (never played the demo but I have the impression chapter one is the demo), so I can't really say much about it, other than it looks promising, and while I played it, I was quite entertained.

Nemesis X
This game is awesome and funny. I even like it when I block the swear words with bleep noises just so the game can look even funnier.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This game is awesome and funny. I even like it when I block the swear words with bleep noises just so the game can look even funnier.

totally, is even funnier that way. I was rofl the first time you meet Ozzy, the Parental Advisory sticker on Ozzy's finger laughing

btw: I'm amazed how clear ozzy's voice is. I wonder how they got him to speak clearly big grin

on a side note: I had some problems with the first disc I got. the music kept freezing when I was driving around in the world, and most times a cut-scene played out, the 360 will tell me to eject the disc and clean it up. I even tried installing it, and it wouldn't let me

I returned it for another copy and tried installing the new disc and it wouldn't let me again (this time it was much quicker to warn me) I decided to place the 360 lying flat on its side after turn it off, it installed correctly, even try it out a few more times and everything was ok (not to mention that the freaking thing was as hot as a frying pan on fire)... weird, not so sure if it was the disc that was bad the first time, or my disc reader blink

Nemesis X
Originally posted by S_D_J
totally, is even funnier that way. I was rofl the first time you meet Ozzy, the Parental Advisory sticker on Ozzy's finger :laugh

Did you ever notice that the parental advisory sticker looks similar to Adult Swim's parental advisory warning?

S_D_J
not really... I don't watch Adult Swim all that much...except for Robot Chicken... It is funny though. big grin

KingD19
I wondered when someone would bring up Ozzy. You could actually understand him.

Scythe
Jack Black's character from this game, I don't know his name since I haven't played it yet, came out in a promo with the member's of Dethklok on Adult Swim. He was their roadie, pretty cool.

NemeBro
Lol wut.

Will have to see that.

Also.

"DECAPITATIOOOOON!!!!!"

KingD19
Yeah, Dethklok is backstage, and he's just there. It's a pretty funny skit.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
"DECAPITATIOOOOON!!!!!"

Also

"FACEMELTERRRRRR!!!!"

Scythe
So, does this character have name? Haven't played it yet.

Kazenji
His name is Eddie Riggs even says it in the trailers.

Scythe
Ah, I see. Missed it completely...

FistOfThe North
this game needs its own adult swim 'toon or better yet MTV2's anime. i'd fit perfectly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.