Gambit to Appear in the Wolverine Spin-Off Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
There is a god!!!!!!

Heres the article.

This may also explain what Remy's name was doing in Strykers data base in X2. Thats been bugging me for a while now.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Arachnid1
There is a god!!!!!!

Heres the article.

This may also explain what Remy's name was doing in Strykers data base in X2. Thats been bugging me for a while now.

I'm glad Gambit may be in the Wolverine movie. There may be other X-Men in it as well.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm glad Gambit may be in the Wolverine movie. There may be other X-Men in it as well. Like everyone that was mentioned in Srykers data base with Gambit? All I can remeber at the moment was Multiple Man, Cannonball, and Proffesor Xaviers son.

Genosha
I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the idea. I'd be concerned that you'd end up either with a crappy bit part, or, if you give Gambit the screen time I think his character deserves, sort of a Buddy Cop Wolvie/Gambit team up. Could play out more slap stick than what I would want to pay to see. I don't know, the two of them have never seemed like they had the right kind of relationship to make partnering work.

They could throw the G man in as an Antagonist though...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Genosha
I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the idea. I'd be concerned that you'd end up either with a crappy bit part, or, if you give Gambit the screen time I think his character deserves, sort of a Buddy Cop Wolvie/Gambit team up. Could play out more slap stick than what I would want to pay to see. I don't know, the two of them have never seemed like they had the right kind of relationship to make partnering work.

They could throw the G man in as an Antagonist though...

I wouldn't mind them partnering up. It would be kind of cool, but as for the relation ship thing, your right. Aren't Gambit and Wolverine the ones who get into the most fights (besides cyclops of course)?

I actually wouldn't mind a Gambit/Wolverine fight. I love those.

Genosha
Maybe. I'm not really sure. I've always thought they were a little ambivilent toward each other.

Battlehammer
they were at first, but since they have worked to gather many times and rather found of one another.

Logan normally schools gambit when they fight and gambit normal gets help in some way or another

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Battlehammer
they were at first, but since they have worked to gather many times and rather found of one another.

Logan normally schools gambit when they fight and gambit normal gets help in some way or another Seriously? I always thought they were pretty even in terms of fighting.

steverules
Wolverine is better at fighting...the times wolverine has been beaten by Gambit is pretty bad...the first time Gambit beat him wolverine was sick or something and had programmed the danger room to put lady deathstrike into the match....second time wolverine got distracted by Rogue who had been taken over by the brood queen (probs spelt that wrong) and got hit in the back with exploding cards...far as I know both have beaten each other twice...both beat each other once in ultimate x-men

Arachnid1
Originally posted by steverules
Wolverine is better at fighting...the times wolverine has been beaten by Gambit is pretty bad...the first time Gambit beat him wolverine was sick or something and had programmed the danger room to put lady deathstrike into the match....second time wolverine got distracted by Rogue who had been taken over by the brood queen (probs spelt that wrong) and got hit in the back with exploding cards...far as I know both have beaten each other twice...both beat each other once in ultimate x-men Oh. It doesn't really matter who wins though as long as they still fight.

outta my way, gumbo!

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Seriously? I always thought they were pretty even in terms of fighting.

Logans the vastly superior fighter and like steve said they both have two wins though not really.

wolverine has straight up beat gambit twice.

gambit beat a weaken Logan in a game by cheating and usign simulation to help him which would actually be a DQ on his part.

The other time Logan stomped the shit out of gambit. Could have killed him and gambit was about to give up when rogue apeared to save him.

so really Logan beat him twice. Then beat him a 3rd time, but gambit was able to come back with aid.

and gambit again in a game needed help again to take a weaken logan.

Arachnid1
Logans the vastly superior fighter and like steve said they both have two wins though not really.

wolverine has straight up beat gambit twice.

gambit beat a weaken Logan in a game by cheating and usign simulation to help him which would actually be a DQ on his part.

The other time Logan stomped the shit out of gambit. Could have killed him and gambit was about to give up when rogue apeared to save him.

so really Logan beat him twice. Then beat him a 3rd time, but gambit was able to come back with aid.

and gambit again in a game needed help again to take a weaken logan. Either way, as long as they fight and they both survive the encounter, its cool with me. big grin

Whats been going on with gambit in comics? Haven't seen him in a while.

Battlehammer
he became the hoarse man death for apoc. the new issue in x-men 205 he gunna fight Logan, though from what I have seen he got stabb like 3 times in just the preview.

Disappear
i totally don't understand this gambit fixation. he's hardly done anything spectacular in the last 12 or so years, and his suaveness is something nearly every character's been written with at one point or another. he's a decent character, but he's been far too interlocked into the whole gambit-rogue love story for too long. it's like neither character has an individual identity anymore.

i just don't get it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Disappear
i totally don't understand this gambit fixation. he's hardly done anything spectacular in the last 12 or so years, and his suaveness is something nearly every character's been written with at one point or another. he's a decent character, but he's been far too interlocked into the whole gambit-rogue love story for too long. it's like neither character has an individual identity anymore.

i just don't get it. I all truth, I don't know why I like Gambit and Wolverine so much either. They're just so likable and have a certain badassedness to them.

he became the hoarse man death for apoc. the new issue in x-men 205 he gunna fight Logan, though from what I have seen he got stabb like 3 times in just the preview.
Apoc is back? Again?

TruSake1
Apoc is back? Again?

He's always back, why is that surprising?

steverules
When is this issue coming out? big grin I wanna see Gambit get beat

DarthLazious
I would love to see Gambit in the Wolverine movie and then in X4 well that is if they wanna make one.

jdea
so how many years back is this film set again, and how old is Gambit going to be?

DarthLazious
Well?

Battlehammer
why would gambit be in the wolverine movie does not make any senses to me.

why would gambit be in the wolverine movie does not make any senses to me.

Because he's cool. (unlike Xavier or Cyclops). smile

Battlehammer
ugg, but he does not have anything to do with wolverines past. Hell he was likly not even born or at a very young age when these events happen.

also he pritty much a cyclopes/wolverine mix

DarthLazious
I agree.

freek
but he IS in the wolverine movie according to superherohype.com

""Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit (AKA Remy LeBeau) in director Gavin Hood's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Kitsch has signed a three-picture deal."

hugekent
Well it's not the worst casting choice. And the three-picture deal bodes well. But why would Gambit be in a Wolverine movie?

cozmyster1
wud be awsome lol gabbit is good buh cmon he hasnt been in xmen wat makes u think heel get the place haha

cozmyster1
ugg, but he does not have anything to do with wolverines past. Hell he was likly not even born or at a very young age when these events happen.

also he pritty much a cyclopes/wolverine mix

gabbit isnt a mix with wolverine how u work tha out he throws cards maybe a lil bit like cyclops buh hey do u see anny claws comin from his hands ??

Arachnid1

also he pritty much a cyclopes/wolverine mix This movie takes place in both the past and the present so he probably meets Gambit in the present at the weapon x facility.

Gambit is being held prisoner after all and has been since before X2.

hugekent
I hope that's true, otherwise they may as well have just waited for the next X-Men movie to use him.

DarthLazious
But why is in this movie?

He isn't as old as Logan.

hunter_blake05
hehehe. there's no gambit in the wolverine spin off, thats bad.. mayb in x-men 4

Arachnid1
Originally posted by hunter_blake05
hehehe. there's no gambit in the wolverine spin off, thats bad.. mayb in x-men 4 Yes, he is in it. Thats common info by now.

hunter_blake05
yup.. i think taylor kitch will be played by gambit

rianna_d
He is

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5613/normalmenshealth20079tq7.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5613/normalmenshealth20079tq7.8dcad43363.jpg

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q413/fangrrl_magnet/2le2o35.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.