Anyone know this movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ccossio
I remember seeing a movie back in grade school (5th grade i think) that I will recall now and again...but I can't remember the title. I believe it is out of the 70's (might be wrong)

The plot (what I can remember):

A man is to be hanged by the neck. As he is thrown off the edge of a cliff the rope snaps and he falls into a river below. He manages to escape and the movie follows him on his journey home. that is his only goal. The details escape me...however as he nears home he sees his wife and he runs towards her. As he approaches her and nearly embraces her he suddenly jerks back and you realize the entire story took place in the seconds as he was falling off the edge of the cliff...the rope never snapped and the hanging is successful.

Although my description is lacking, this movie has made a lasting impression on me. Any one recognize it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.