vader vs revan (read the first post)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thiru
Ok this isnt really a head to head battle as would normally be in the SWV.

Well the first fight is taking place in dog fights in their star fighter.

Revan in a tie figher vs vader in his advanced tie figher, Who would win this one? Both are pretty damm skilled.

While it is obvious revan is definately stronger than vader in the force, if i may ask how close is vader to revan in terms of pure strengh in the force?

And to settle this off a lightsaber duel between the two.

((The_Anomaly))
What Vader are we talking about here?

Either way Anakin always wins in a dogfight, not even close. If its ROTS Anakin (pre-suit) then he also cleanly wins the saber fight. But any Vader, especially ROTS loses a Force battle, though OT Vader would be a closer match.

kamhal
If this is Vader before his Mustafar injuries i say that Anakin takes it in the saber fight and loses in the force fight. If this is Vader after Mustafar, i say a draw in a force fight and a win for revan in lightsaber combat. Now you choose lol.

kiddo44
Vader pwns in the dogfight, no matter what Vader.

Saber fight, if its ROTS Vader, he wins, if its suited Vader its close proably still Vader though.

Force, Revan would beat ROTS Vader, lose to suited Vader in a close fight.

Se7in
When the Hell has Revan ever been considered a great pilot? When has he ever even piloted a fighter?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Se7in
When the Hell has Revan ever been considered a great pilot? When has he ever even piloted a fighter?

He hasn't closest thing he has done is shooting the sith fighters down in the turret.

Se7in
Originally posted by Darth Hord
He hasn't closest thing he has done is shooting the sith fighters down in the turret.

Exactly. Vader destroys him in a dogfight. As far as saber goes, I'm not calling it, but I predict the majority of people will say Vader for whatever reason.

ThoraxeRMG
Vader easily, from the last thing I knew, Revan never even piloted a star ship.

Darth Hord
vader wind the star fighter dog fight
And in the saber fight Vader would win with much more difficulty than his ROTS counterpart would have faced.

Force fight Revan takes this.

If there was an all out i would give a very slight edge to Revan

Thiru
I thought revan was a greta pilot shooting sith fighters? He was pretty talented in swoop biking hence i made this match. Revan DOES have some skills in piloting

Darth Sexy
Man, sometimes I miss LS, Advent, and Escape. I'm the only one left... Damnit.. Too much time on my hands.

Thiru
Did i say something wrong this time?

Darth Sexy
No just making a general assessment of this forum

Se7in
Originally posted by Thiru
I thought revan was a greta pilot shooting sith fighters? He was pretty talented in swoop biking hence i made this match. Revan DOES have some skills in piloting

Swoop bike racing and piloting a fighter are two COMPLETELY different things.

It's like comparing riding motorcycles with flying airplanes.

vader11
Pilot: Vader, easily.
Hand-to-hand: Vader.
Saber: Can't decide.
Force: Revan, maybe.
All-out: Revan, maybe.

caedusrulesall
Dogfight: Vader (He's a really good pilot)

Force: Revan (He can use Force Lightning plus a ton of other powers, Vader's demostrated Force Choke and only a few others)

Saber: Revan (He's done a ton more than Vader has in this respect e.g. killing Malak while Malak was aided by the Star Forge and the Jeedai souls)

Thiru
Originally posted by caedusrulesall

Force: Revan (He can use Force Lightning plus a ton of other powers, Vader's demostrated Force Choke and only a few others)
Vader too has tons of powers, you make it seem as if he only as one technique in his entire life, not that im argueing that vader will win.

Originally posted by caedusrulesall

Saber: Revan (He's done a ton more than Vader has in this respect e.g. killing Malak while Malak was aided by the Star Forge and the Jeedai souls) "Killing malak with a lightsaber = hes a better duelist" = horrible logic. Its been proven time and again vaders the better dueler than malak and while we do know revans a saber prodigy, we have no idea just how good he is with a lightsaber so ill lean towards a tough fight for vader on this one

Allankles
Vader too has tons of powers, you make it seem as if he only as one technique in his entire life, not that im argueing that vader will win.

"Killing malak with a lightsaber = hes a better duelist" = horrible logic. Its been proven time and again vaders the better dueler than malak and while we do know revans a saber prodigy, we have no idea just how good he is with a lightsaber so ill lean towards a tough fight for vader on this one

Isn't Vader's power roughly 4/5's of Palpatine's according to GL? If you have Revan winning this, you'd have to assume he's more powerful than a guy who's nearly as powerful as Sidious himself.

Second, when was Revan ever stated to be a saber prodigy? When it comes to sabers, Vader should be stronger than Revan.

Thiru
Originally posted by Allankles
Isn't Vader's power roughly 4/5's of Palpatine's according to GL? If you have Revan winning this, you'd have to assume he's more powerful than a guy who's nearly as powerful as Sidious himself.
80% to be more accurate,

Originally posted by Allankles

Second, when was Revan ever stated to be a saber prodigy? When it comes to sabers, Vader should be stronger than Revan. Some where in K1, i cant remember clearly but i already said im leaning towards vader

Se7in
80% to be more accurate,

Who taught you math?

4/5 is 80%.

Thiru
Uh.... i was not thinking clearly when i put that. I just prefer putting it as 80%

0°Mandalore°0
In a dogfight any Vader owns Revan. Revan was never stated to be a good pilot and we did not ever see him (in KotoR) piloting a ship.

In a Force battle, I'm leaning towards Revan.

In a saber duel, it depends on which Vader we're talking about. If this is RotS Vader, he beats Revan. If this is suited-Vader (OT) I'm going for Revan.

All out, it depends. You need to state which Vader is this.

Thiru

Sith Dude
In a star fighter match Revan would get blown out of the sky.

Revan all the way in terms of force powers and mastery because of his time on Malachor 5.

Not sure about saber but im going to have to root with Revan again. Where did all you guys ever read or hear that Vader was any good with a saber?
In the movies Anakin is pretty skilled, but as Vader hes crippled, he can barley walk. Also Revan almost single handedly blew through the Star Forges defences which consisted of a hell of a lot of droids and dark jedi, he defeated powerful sith such as Darth Malak, Darth Bandon, Bastilla, Uthar Wyn (my bad for the spelling).
Also Anakin probably couldnt defeat the jedi council of his time (eg Obi Wan), but in Revans time, Malak was able to defeat Master Kavar (arguably the strongest of the council back then), and then Revan was able to defeat Malak even as Malak cept recharging his energy. That means Revan was A LOT stronger then the jedi council of his time, but Anakin couldnt do squat against his Jedi council.
I realize my arguements arent that great, but i really havent seen anyone give even a little proof of how Anakin can beat Revan with a lightsaber, and right now it just looks like people just really like Vader and like to think hes unstopable with a saber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.