Countdown to The Two Towers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Ok we did this for Star Wars AOTC and we are currently doing this for EpIII so why shouldn't there be a countdown to The Two Towers...which is a heck of a lot closer to now than Star Wars EPIII .....
I believe that it's supposed to come out Dec 18th meaning that from now.....Nov 3....there are 44 days left until the release.

mah
43 now then. and I'll be at the midnight premiere on the 18th, woo! meaning before all americans and british, weeee

glorfindel

Dexx
43, eh..goodie. I hope it'll be released on the web earlier....(if it's not already...)

Ushgarak
Because Mah is an hour ahead of us, Glorfindel.

Dexx
a...that would make me about 2 hours ahead :P

Mujaffa
so am IHappy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance stick out tongue

LariCrai_Kenobi
*actually has that day marked on her calander, begged mum 3 months ahead of time to take her too it AND....asked her if I could camp out ...her answer??*

mother: "Cassie. You. Want to camp out...in MAINE....in DECEMBER!....GO AHEAD!..."

heh..... *marks*

Julie
yeah one day closer...and this is a very encouraging countdown...it's close!

BackFire349
all that means is mah will be out of teh theater going home while the rest of us are still in the theater enjoying the film.

mah
now that makes me sad..but I can go again so that makes me happy.

finti
got your tickets yet MAh,

mah
no, but its quite easy to get here. and since its a midnight-screening it should be easier..I'll order couple of weeks in advance.

LariCrai_Kenobi
Hmmmm *wonders if she can reserve tickets, but doubts it.* ,.... Get them fast! Don't let others beat yoU!! LoL

Julie
what does it matter....as long as you do get in to see it....why would you want to be the first one there????? I do want to see it opening day, but I'll be glad if the theater is packed....

mah
found out the first screening was almost sold out, but now I've got the tickets. and I think its something special seeing it as the first in the country (and almost the world) at midnight, with lots of other hardcore fans.

Mujaffa
you got them ???

LariCrai_Kenobi
*claps* lucky! go Mah! ....

See, If I don't see it the one weekend, I don't get to see it until it comes out on video. (The theaters an hour away and they leave things in for one week only now...and een if not, mum can't take me two weekends in a row, cuz she works mail usually, so she has to give them warning)

THe ONLY reason I got to see FotR when I did was because we were at a hotel and they offered the playign for 12 bucks int eh room....and teh theater next door was playing it, 'cuz they get all the 2nd hands I guess, and the tickets are like 1 buck. (this is in a city 3 hours away)

...oh, and I saw it in the hotel room because mom wanted to see a Beatiful Mind in theaters.......

mah
wee, thanks. force your mom to take you there.

--originally posted by mujaffa--
you got them ???
- - - - - - -

yes.

glorfindel
confused

Corran

Julie
yes....and that's also near the amount of days left of college...for the semester so double yeahhhhh

Julie
34 I think

Julie
Hey you people are slacking....and it's 29 I think...

Fire
lol mah u dont have the world permier thats the 10th of december in paris for a very select gropup

mah
no, that's called PRE-SCREENING. 18th of december IS the official worldwide premiere.

finti
gonna see it on Thursday the 19th at 16:40 got the best tickets in the theathre big grinsmilebig grinsmile

Fire
euhm PRE-screening with the director and the actors??? strange pre-screening :P

finti
huh it opens the 18th so I will see it on the second day

Fire
idd

mah
can't see why not. call it whatever you like, pre-premiere or something; the point is the worldwide real premiere day is 18th. of course some press and selected few get to see if before that, but that's the real deal.

and I'll be there 2 minutes over midnight to see it, woohoo!

Fire
nice going mate

Mujaffa
if you meet up at 00.02 hours you won't be let inn

Julie
Hey people stay on track....what's the countdown now...I know it's a lot sooner than last time I checked in.

Mujaffa
23 days and some hours and minutes

Captain REX
The suspense is killing me...

*falls over with an Orc arrow in the head*

Dexx
hey wait!....this is december, right....and if i remember correctly this month is the release.............oh boy..it just struck me. so 23 days, eh?

mah
em no..15 days

Dexx
even better

finti
14 days, 15 until I be able to see it but then I have the best seat in the KINOZ`s hall #5, just got an award for best theatrical sound system in Norway by the way, its gonna be awesome.

Oh KinoZ`s hall/therate#5 is THX certificated by Lucasfilm too of course.

But they have a soundsystem that is truly awesome.

Coloseum in Oslo got a brand new sound system so KinoZ had to get a better one, kind of childish but I LIKE IT

mah
seeing it at midnight 18th, seeing it at midnight, seein it at midnight, before the brits and americans, seats in the middle, yyyyyyyaaahoooo

Corran
Bite me.

Mujaffa
no bloody way,mary i don't want to bite ya

Catch 22
*Jumping up and down excitedly*

Wasn't excited at all about Fellowship at the time, but having seen it I am very keen to see Two Towers.

Mujaffa
haven't you read the book??? then you'lld be excited

Mujaffa
14 days too go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch 22
Me, read? laughing out loud

Dexx
well, you should if u know where that nick of yours is

Mujaffa
sorry my bad....13 days to go!!!!!!1

Mujaffa
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/151/LORD2ROS.jpg

Mujaffa
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/151/ARAGORN.jpg

Fire
nice one tho it would be dumb to make aragorn chose between the 2 girls and if they didnt want to emply this, which didnt happen as far as I can remember, they failed

Mujaffa
maybe jackson read it wrong cause eowyn had a crush for aragorn who rejected her...

Dexx
generally said

Mujaffa
well eowyn almost dies..pity..but she weds boromirs brother....(can't remember must read the book one more timesad )

finti
who is the blond chick, as in actor

finti
ok remeber spoiler tags for those who havent read the book

mah
that would be Eowyn, actress Miranda Otto

Dexx
so..i saw that it was released...

mah
what?

Dexx
i saw it at the news today....deffenetley not kidding.

mah
I think you definately are, or more likely mistaken. the media has been allowed to see it now, but believe me; the worlwide released IS december 18th

Dexx
still...i saw it..didn't belive it miself. I'll have to see it again

Julie
hey so how many days are left???? I think it stands at 11 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexx
damn it....i saw it again on a different station.
all the lotr actors were entering the theater...and crowds busting everywhere. It even showed some cuts(wich by the way..magnifficent).
So i dunno what the hck it is but they said it was released

mah
cuts from teh film has been released yes!

Dexx
perhaps..dunno. Cuts released in a theater..with actors there? just cuts?

Mujaffa
9 bloody days too go............................................

Fire
well just 9 is doable
I'll see it at the earliest I can around here being 00.01 at the 18th but to get in the mood they'll play the fellowship again just to ease our feelings

Mujaffa
same'o same'o...

mah
I believe that's 00:02

Fire
well here it's 00.01

mah
well it's supposed to be 00:02. the first one was 00:01, the second is scheduled for 00:02 and the third 00:03

Julie
yeahhhh.....wahoo...only a few more days...unfortunately...I'm not going to see it on the first day out I think.

Mujaffa
8 days too go

Julie
yeah....not so far off is it....we can make it....

Dexx
bootleg!...bootleg!...bootleg!
Damn..can't wait for it....it'll be killing round here for a place in the first nights at the cinema..so i'll wait for things to chill down, viewing it here where it's worm and comfy

Mujaffa
so u wait..tsk tsk tsk..well well your desicion

Dexx
well....i wait for the cinema viewing. At my 56k connection i can't begin to think of such a download but my friend's dloading it as we speak and
"should be coming to me....directly" big grin....i just hope he's dloading the right stuff

finti

Fire
yippy

Corran
Just pre-ordered my tickets for a showing on Tuesday, so 6 for me.

Ush - I've ordered an extra couple if you think you can make it to LL next tuesday 21:00, let me know soon cos others may want them.

finti
but aint the show starting just past midnight Corran

Mujaffa
00:02

Dexx
no info on the seconds level?

Fitch
me ? smokin' big grin

Mujaffa
look who's backHey Pal

Fitch
hey man.glad you noticed me big grin.
ON TOPIC:In Romania the date when TTT will apper in theaters its 28.02.2003 .I dunno why but I just saw it on the net.So I preper myself for the bootleg now......smile

Dexx
yeah you!

Mujaffa
Man thats a loooooooooong wait eek!

Fitch
Yeah !!!!!!! But for sure I'll see the movie before that date(soon....very soon smile ).Even if I'll see it 100 times for sure I'll visit the theater too...Just to give my regards to PJ smile

Mujaffa
u gonna get it from china or taiwan??

mah
not as funny watching it on the small screen

Mujaffa
or a blury one

Dexx
well...my 15" monitor is kinda blury too..small enough?

Corran
Nope 21:00 on the Tuesday in one cinema here.

mah
show me proof

finti
hmm strange that they allow some cinemas to show it oj the 17th, what cinema is it so we can tell evil face

mah
sure it's not just the pre-show that starts at 21.00 corran?

finti
yeah were they gonna give you some popcorn and cotton candy

Mujaffa
6 days mofos

Corran
Nope the show look at the Email excerpt

Thank you for visiting the Warner Village online Box Office at
http://www.warnervillage.co.uk.

We confirm your booking as follows:

Cinema: Croydon (purley Way)
Film: The Two Towers (lord/rings) (12a)
Performance Time: 21.00 Tuesday, 17 December
Tickets Booked: 4 Adult Ticket(s)

The total amount that has been charged to your Credit Card is GBP26.

If any of the details shown are incorrect please call the Cinema on 08702
40 60 20 for assistance.

Please do not forget to bring your credit card with you to the Cinema.
Tickets can be collected from the Automatic Ticket Machines in the Cinema foyer at your earliest convenience.

We hope you enjoy the film!

Woo-hoo

Mujaffa
http://www.warnervillage.co.uk/twotowers/lotr2_images/footer.jpg

mah
hmm. we'll see when you've been there!smile

Corran
you can just check on the site at the croydon cinema, look to the timings of the film.

Mujaffa
why bother.......

Corran
cos Mah doesn't believe.

finti
Sure you aint gonna spend three hours throwing popcorn at each other and eating cotton candy

Corran
No I don't like cotton candy much.

Mujaffa
just talked to someone i knew.. and she said she saw TT last week on piratcopies...that little sexy thing

mah
5 days

Julie
yeahh...now this is my kind of countdown...one that is well within our grasps:-)

Mujaffa
3-4 days too go

Dexx
yay!

Fitch
I'm envious with y'll.ONLY y'll see it in 3-4 days.I'll have to wait a lot.....02.2003 sad

Dexx
erm...what?

Fitch
yeah man.This is the announced date in Romania.really.....

Dexx
bwah....bootleg!

Fitch
I couldn't agree you more big grin

Julie
almost there..almost there....bootleg is ok I suppose....but it's not the same ...there are some movies you just have to see a few times on the big screen.

finti
2 days

mah
1 day and 17 minutes here

Fitch
2 months and something here.....sad

Dexx
in that case..the theater can wait
mneah...you can count the percentage of that download.....far more acceptable numbers

Corran
11 hours and 20 minutes.

Mujaffa
12 hours and 24 minutes over here

Fitch
much much more here...anyway,my bootleg date it's the same with u're date so.....6 hours here smile

Corran
4 hours 15 minutes to go.

mah
so why is there a pre-screening at your place?

Fitch
I wish it was at my place.....
Another 4 hours and we're in the LOTR day smile

Corran
Dunno, it's just near where I work. I couldn't find it on in many others either. It's the same cinema that I watched Ep II at 2 minutes past Midnight. This time the movie finished about 18 past midnight, maybe they get around the release date by having it finish on the release date?

Anyway - just under 3 hours to go.

Fitch
After u see it don't forget to make a thread on this topic.Impresions,screenplay,.....

mah
but the worldwide release IS 2 minutes past midnight, so it's not something every cinema can do. I've heard of a similar occurance in NewYork today, so it must be something special at your cinema.

Thomas H
only 4 h and 22 min left..cant wait now!

Dexx
that long, eh? it would become unbearable to me by now

Fitch
Thomas is seeing the movie now.That lucky bastard....

Ushgarak
Well well well, one of these comes to an end, huh?

I guess an ROTK one will start soon.

mah
no he's not. it starts at midnight

Dexx
i hear whispers...bootleg...booootleg

Fitch
yeah.Let's start it now and when ROTK will apper I'll have 10.000 posts smile

Fitch
He posted at Today 08:34 PM and told"4 h and 22 min left".So now it's 22:25(in my country).It's about it.....

mah
he posted at 7:34 norwegian time. he said it was about 4 and a half hour left which is at midnight. now it is about 9:28 here.

Fitch
anyway......he's close smile
tommorow he's posting a review.can't wait......

mah
and I'm just as close!

Dexx
you're talking matters of hours here ppl!!!,,,buhuhuuu

Fitch
u're gonna see it tonight ?

mah
yeah of course, at midnight

Dexx
duh!!!

Fitch
can't wait for the reviews......

Liberator
I can't wait 'till this hits theatres...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>