hyperion vs black bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
i think this has been done before but didnt show when i searched

thoughts

SpookySmurph
Which Hyperion?

Gecko4lif
Non jobber bolt should take most versions

Switch 07
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
Which Hyperion?

I wonder if its my man Supremeverse Hyperion. If so be prepared for a fight.

shifty

lando005
this is the supremeverse H

llagrok
The one Thor turned into a 3 inch Hyperion?

Bransolute
Originally posted by llagrok
The one Thor turned into a 3 inch Hyperion? No.

Either way, Black Bolt wins every fight.

Sirius77
Originally posted by llagrok
The one Thor turned into a 3 inch Hyperion?

What do you mean? When did thor do that?

Sirius77
supremeverse hyperion takes this. Chances
are he can withstand the scream, and is too
fast and strong for blt to handle.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Sirius77
supremeverse hyperion takes this. Chances
are he can withstand the scream, and is too
fast and strong for blt to handle. Chances are, Black Bolt's base strength isn't that far from is, and is easily within reach via amping. Chances are the scream would obliterate him. Chances are, Blackagar could turn him into cheese.

smile

Sirius77
You realize that supremeverse hyperion withstood
a 20 nuke explosion, pwned ultimate thor, and
caused high level earthquake all over the world by
just hitting it at reentry velocity or more?

blt won't win this. It will end up the same way as
wwh.

Sirius77
wwh pwned bb rediculously easily, so why can't supremeverse
hyperion? Their pretty far off in power, but still not enough that
it would matter with bb involved.

SpookySmurph
BB's voice gets the attention of cosmic beings... a "Galaxy Collector". 20 nukes and Ultimate Thor don't. smile

Black Bolt caused explosions all over a planet by whispering into it. smile

World War Hulk is a single low showing to compare to all the times he's been toe to toe with top tier opponents...? And, the battle was PIS... obviously. none180

Sirius77
BB's voice gets the attention of cosmic beings... a "Galaxy Collector". 20 nukes and Ultimate Thor don't. smile

No offense, but when were there ever cosmics in the supremeverse? Galactus is a cloud... or a swarm or something...

And hyperion cause a 10.7 on the ricter scale all over thew planet by hitting it really hard.

World War Hulk is a single low showing to compare to all the times he's been toe to toe with top tier opponents...? And, the battle was PIS... obviously. none180

I don't think that was pis... sentry took the blast head on. So did wwh.
Also, I don't think that was a low showing, wwh has had a big power up. He's been pwning alot of people. I do agree that bb is EXTREMELY powerful, but so is supreme power hyperion. I think that it will be a big fight, but I don't think that bb will win.

SpookySmurph
No offense, but when were there ever cosmics in the supremeverse? Galactus is a cloud... or a swarm or something... When these points go over your head, can you feel the air rushing, or do you miss that too?

And hyperion cause a 10.7 on the ricter scale all over thew planet by hitting it really hard. Voice >>> Punch

I don't think that was pis... sentry took the blast head on. So did wwh.
Also, I don't think that was a low showing, wwh has had a big power up. He's been pwning alot of people. I do agree that bb is EXTREMELY powerful, but so is supreme power hyperion. I think that it will be a big fight, but I don't think that bb will win. Don't be rediculous. The use of the voice (which I haven't seen to be stated as a scream), didn't even affect the moon or Hulk's clothing... and Hulk hasn't received nearly the level of power up that he would need to survive something that devastating... and Black Bolt wouldn't scream if he was close enough to annihilate his entire species... none180

Bad Ash231

You're just a fanboy.

How can it be PIS?

Hulk is power incarnate and possesses infinite power. smile

Sirius77
When these points go over your head, can you feel the air rushing, or do you miss that too?

Okay, you want to be rude? Fine.

Reed Richards got the attention of a cosmic being. Spiderman got the attention of the beyonder. Does that mean that they are over supremeverse hyperion?

And no, I didn't feel the air rushing over my head. Just a moot point. smile

Voice >>> Punch

One makes explosions all over the earth. Another shakes the entire thing with the intensity of a 10.7 earthquake on the ricter scale. I don't see how the first is in any way superior to the latter.

Oh, and by the way, if you read supreme power, then you would know that it wasn't a punch, he just flew into the earth. Check the respect thread.

Don't be rediculous. The use of the voice (which I haven't seen to be stated as a scream), didn't even affect the moon or Hulk's clothing...

And hollywood from the gotg survived the explosion of a galaxy, and his shirt was ripped. I don't really see how that matters in comics..

and Hulk hasn't received nearly the level of power up that he would need to survive something that devastating...

Hes on his way to pwning every member of the illuminati, and he's survived being injected with nanites specifically designed to strip his powers and then fought ironman in his new "hulkbuster" armor which
wwh pwned relatively easily. Hulk has survived alot of things that peoplethink that he shouldn't have. Also, the "voice" (if you would prefer that I call it that) has not been seen to do any more damage than a couple of nukes... I don't see how that will kill hyperion.

and Black Bolt wouldn't scream if he was close enough to annihilate his entire species... none180

Unfortunately he did. It was cannon... Also, that isn't the first time that bb has screamed in front of his people. Sentry.... he screamed and medusa and crystal were right by him.

The Pict
You realize that supremeverse hyperion withstood
a 20 nuke explosion, pwned ultimate thor, and
caused high level earthquake all over the world by
just hitting it at reentry velocity or more?

blt won't win this. It will end up the same way as
wwh.

He was then pawned back by Thor. He was knocked down by a bolt of lightning then Thor started to knock the sh!t out of him.

But maybe Hyperion can speedblitz BB? I dunno what BB's speed is.

Sirius77
really? What issue was that, I stopped reading a six I think.
Have they ended that one yet? It was interesting.

The Pict
really? What issue was that, I stopped reading a six I think.
Have they ended that one yet? It was interesting.

It happened in issue 7

Then another Squadron Supreme turned up messed

Sirius77
Aww, that sucks. I was hoping that hyperion would just pwn him and that would be that.

But, just wondering, how did thor come back from such a vicious attack... much less win? Hyperion beat him pretty bad...

The Pict
Aww, that sucks. I was hoping that hyperion would just pwn him and that would be that.

But, just wondering, how did thor come back from such a vicious attack... much less win? Hyperion beat him pretty bad...

srug He was just back in the fray for issue 7. He also knocked down/out Zarda.

Sirius77
Damn. Thats wierd...

SpookySmurph
Okay, you want to be rude? Fine.

Reed Richards got the attention of a cosmic being. Spiderman got the attention of the beyonder. Does that mean that they are over supremeverse hyperion?

And no, I didn't feel the air rushing over my head. Just a moot point. smile Well, despite being fairly ambiguous, I assume you're attempting to make points using Galactus and Secret Wars? Cuz... one gets one-shotted by Guardian, and the other had Beyonder orchestrating an instant involving Spidey, so you can see how it's not quite the same as the exchange between Blackagar and Vortex.

One makes explosions all over the earth. Another shakes the entire thing with the intensity of a 10.7 earthquake on the ricter scale. I don't see how the first is in any way superior to the latter. Actually, what I said was the voice was superior to Hyperion's feat. And, that was just a whisper that did that kind of damage... do you realize how small a whisper is in comparison to, say, a scream?

Voice > Hyp's feat

Oh, and by the way, if you read supreme power, then you would know that it wasn't a punch, he just flew into the earth. Check the respect thread. Meh, I won't argue over semantics, except to point out that you're right, that's not nearly as impressive as just a punch...

And hollywood from the gotg survived the explosion of a galaxy, and his shirt was ripped. I don't really see how that matters in comics.. Just pointing out the fishy factors. Notice how the damage Cyclops did was more noticable than the voice...?

Hes on his way to pwning every member of the illuminati, and he's survived being injected with nanites specifically designed to strip his powers and then fought ironman in his new "hulkbuster" armor which
wwh pwned relatively easily. Hulk has survived alot of things that peoplethink that he shouldn't have. Also, the "voice" (if you would prefer that I call it that) has not been seen to do any more damage than a couple of nukes... I don't see how that will kill hyperion. No he didn't. The nanites were removed by a saboteur before Ironman could inject them. And BB's voice is rarely shown to be more than a whisper, and has knocked out both the Hulk and Gladiator. The voice has been stated to be capable of destroying planets, had gained the attention (when BB threatened to use it) of a galaxy collector, and has destroyed the Negative Barrier... a shield that, while being weakened, couldn't be scratched by the military raining fire on it for days. Also capable of taking down an obstruction that Thor couldn't scratch.

Unfortunately he did. It was cannon... Also, that isn't the first time that bb has screamed in front of his people. Sentry.... he screamed and medusa and crystal were right by him. laughing out loud
That wasn't a scream... check your facts. Also, where in WWH was it stated that Hulk received a scream?

Sirius77
Well, despite being fairly ambiguous, I assume you're attempting to make points using Galactus and Secret Wars? Cuz... one gets one-shotted by Guardian, and the other had Beyonder orchestrating an instant involving Spidey, so you can see how it's not quite the same as the exchange between Blackagar and Vortex.

Regardless, just because an abstract talks about you, doesn't mean that you have amazing powers.

Actually, what I said was the voice was superior to Hyperion's feat. And, that was just a whisper that did that kind of damage... do you realize how small a whisper is in comparison to, say, a scream?

Also, I'm surprised that you don't know that the scream isn't voice activated. Its a mental process, he affects the electrons in the air
to cause a huge explosion. So it doesn't really matter if he screams
as loud as he can, it still won't change the intensity.

Voice > Hyp's feat

Actually no. They both affected the entire earth. One did damage to several parts of it. The other shook the entire thing. Theres a
difference. Hyperions feat is either equal to or greater than bbs
feat.

Just pointing out the fishy factors. Notice how the damage Cyclops did was more noticable than the voice...?

As you said. Semantics.

No he didn't. The nanites were removed by a saboteur before Ironman could inject them.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But that still doesn't change the fact thathyperion would pwn bb.

And BB's voice is rarely shown to be more than a whisper, and has knocked out both the Hulk and Gladiator.

Key word. The hulk. Not wwh. Also, I have seen some occasions where people have survived bbs voice. Its not that uncommon. And bbs voice knocking out gladiator was jobbing.

The voice has been stated to be capable of destroying planets,

Key word. Stated. It hasn't been shown on panel to do such.

had gained the attention (when BB threatened to use it) of a galaxy collector, and has destroyed the Negative Barrier... a shield that, while being weakened, couldn't be scratched by the military raining fire on it for days. Also capable of taking down an obstruction that Thor couldn't scratch.

wwh and sentry took it point blank in the face. Sentry didn't fight him, but wwh pwned him.

That wasn't a scream... check your facts. Also, where in WWH was it stated that Hulk received a scream?

It doesn't matter if he screamed or whispered. It has nothing to do with sound. It has the same affect if he screams or speaks. Either way, I doubt that he will have time to use it on hyperion.

Bransolute
Sentry was far above the initial whisper (I mean, he was high in the air), and wouldn't fight BB... because he would use his voice.

WWH was essentially, his only low showing, and his lowest showing.

Plus, when BB whispered into the planet, it made long dead volcanoes erupt, and it shook a continent on the other side of a planet.
He's also taken out Watcher Powered-Doom with his voice. Dazed Surfer with a whisper. Took out Glads with a whisper. Took out Huc twice or three times with a whisper. Etc.

HereComesRandal
if teh spider-man was here hed win!!!

Sirius77
Originally posted by Bransolute
Sentry was far above the initial whisper (I mean, he was high in the air), and wouldn't fight BB... because he would use his voice.

WWH was essentially, his only low showing, and his lowest showing.

Plus, when BB whispered into the planet, it made long dead volcanoes erupt, and it shook a continent on the other side of a planet.
He's also taken out Watcher Powered-Doom with his voice. Dazed Surfer with a whisper. Took out Glads with a whisper. Took out Huc twice or three times with a whisper. Etc.

Then if it was just the volcanoes that shook the earth from being stimulated by bbs voice, then that lowers the power of the feat even more.

Regardless, as I said, bb won't get to use his voice. Hyperion will speed blitz him. Also, I doubt that bb can overpower hyperion.

Bransolute
Then if it was just the volcanoes that shook the earth from being stimulated by bbs voice, then that lowers the power of the feat even more.

Regardless, as I said, bb won't get to use his voice. Hyperion will speed blitz him. Also, I doubt that bb can overpower hyperion. And only you cares. What matters is, that it was a whisper.
That shaking teh Earth thing, was likely Hype going at max speeds.

That's nice. Ikaris tried to blitz BB, and got KO'ed for his efforts.

We're talking about the guy that was punching around Savage Hulk... right?

SpookySmurph
Regardless, just because an abstract talks about you, doesn't mean that you have amazing powers. That's correct. However, the being in question was not talking about BB. It was going on about it's business, collecting galaxies, and Blackagar was about to unleash his voice upon it... and it blinked. It's not much different than I would act about say, the possibility of a Bumblebee stinging me. I guaran-****ing-tee you that that's above Hyperion's power.

Also, I'm surprised that you don't know that the scream isn't voice activated. Its a mental process, he affects the electrons in the air
to cause a huge explosion. So it doesn't really matter if he screams
as loud as he can, it still won't change the intensity. Based on what? Because years of canon material, stretching back to Black Bolt's origin, says that the damage that the voice deals depends on the intensity with which BB speaks, because it's a connected part of his brain that deals with speech and electron control.

Actually no. They both affected the entire earth. One did damage to several parts of it. The other shook the entire thing. Theres a
difference. Hyperions feat is either equal to or greater than bbs
feat. An infintismal fraction of one caused DEAD volcanoes to erupt and a continent to shake.
Another required more movement than Hyperion will likely get in this match.
This is all, of course, ignoring the fact that BB doesn't even need to speak to win this.

smile

As you said. Semantics. That's blatant PIS.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But that still doesn't change the fact thathyperion would pwn bb. Based on what? ermmhappy

Key word. The hulk. Not wwh. Also, I have seen some occasions where people have survived bbs voice. Its not that uncommon. And bbs voice knocking out gladiator was jobbing. Believe it or not, "WWH" is not a character, and thus would not engage in a fight. And only depending on the intensity with which he uses it...

Based on what? BB's showings? Nuh-uh...

Key word. Stated. It hasn't been shown on panel to do such. Because then he'd destroy a planet... no expression

wwh and sentry took it point blank in the face. Sentry didn't fight him, but wwh pwned him. Sentry didn't fight him because he knew that if BB spoke, it would wreck everyone.
Sentry was far above Blackagar.
Neither were screams.

It doesn't matter if he screamed or whispered. It has nothing to do with sound. It has the same affect if he screams or speaks. Either way, I doubt that he will have time to use it on hyperion. It has to do with sound because, for BB, it's the same part of the brain, and thus depends on the level with which he utilizes that part of the brain.

Based on what...?

Sirius77
And only you cares. What matters is, that it was a whisper.
That shaking teh Earth thing, was likely Hype going at max speeds.

It doesn't matter if it was a whisper. His power has nothing to do with sound. It affects the electrons in the air in a way that it causes a powerful explosion.

That's nice. Ikaris tried to blitz BB, and got KO'ed for his efforts.

Yeah... Ikaris isn't as strong or as durable as hyperion.

We're talking about the guy that was punching around Savage Hulk... right?

If you're talking about ikaris, hes class 40 I believe. Hyperion is class 100.

Bransolute
It doesn't matter if it was a whisper. His power has nothing to do with sound. It affects the electrons in the air in a way that it causes a powerful explosion.
However, in this scenario, it showed exactly where the blast went, and Sentry was far above it.

Yeah... Ikaris isn't as strong or as durable as hyperion.
Based on?

If you're talking about ikaris, hes class 40 I believe. Hyperion is class 100. I'm talking about Black Bolt...

Sirius77
That's correct. However, the being in question was not talking about BB. It was going on about it's business, collecting galaxies, and Blackagar was about to unleash his voice upon it... and it blinked. It's not much different than I would act about say, the possibility of a Bumblebee stinging me. I guaran-****ing-tee you that that's above Hyperion's power.

Well, galactus himself feels punches from class 100s, and occasionally flinches. People don't really make much of a deal out of that... so no offense, but why are you?

Based on what? Because years of canon material, stretching back to Black Bolt's origin, says that the damage that the voice deals depends on the intensity with which BB speaks, because it's a connected part of his brain that deals with speech and electron control.

Scans?

An infintismal fraction of one caused DEAD volcanoes to erupt and a continent to shake.

And hyperion crashed himself into the earth and basically the same thing happened. Hyperion acted as if nothing happened. Could bb slam into the planet at that speed and live? Can bb have hyperion slam into him at that speed and survive?

Another required more movement than Hyperion will likely get in this match.

Hyperion is alot faster than bb.

This is all, of course, ignoring the fact that BB doesn't even need to speak to win this.

smile.

Ignoring the fact that hyperion can use his atomic vision at a seconds notice.

Believe it or not, "WWH" is not a character, and thus would not engage in a fight. And only depending on the intensity with which he uses it...

I never said that wwh was a character in this fight.

Because then he'd destroy a planet... no expression

Still hasn't shown it on panel. Thus it cannot be used as a feat.

Sentry didn't fight him because he knew that if BB spoke, it would wreck everyone.
Sentry was far above Blackagar.
Neither were screams.

BB did scream at sentry. Didn't you read the comic? All it did was move the skin on sentrys face. Same thing for wwh.

It has to do with sound because, for BB, it's the same part of the brain, and thus depends on the level with which he utilizes that part of the brain.

The intensity of his voice has nothing to do with the intensity of the scream. Any sound that he makes, the electrons are still manipulated, and thus the explosion is still activated.

Sirius77
However, in this scenario, it showed exactly where the blast went, and Sentry was far above it.

So if the blast has direction, then why is everything around bb still destroyed? Regardless of whether or noth you are in front of the blast, under bb, or beside him, appearently you will be affected. It has always been portrayed as an attack with a radius.

Based on?

The fact that he was able to be disentigrated by blastaar, and that he is class 40, and hyperion is class 100.

I'm talking about Black Bolt...

BB is still not above class 60. He still has not been shown to survive a blast with the force of 20 nukes.

Bransolute
So if the blast has direction, then why is everything around bb still destroyed? Regardless of whether or noth you are in front of the blast, under bb, or beside him, appearently you will be affected. It has always been portrayed as an attack with a radius.
Nothing around BB is destroyed... only the direction that the blast went in.

In this comic, his whisper was written differently, and apparently, BB can control where he directs it.

The fact that he was able to be disentigrated by blastaar, and that he is class 40, and hyperion is class 100. Blastaar has KO'ed Surfer before...

That's horrible reasoning...

I could just as easily say that Ikaris is a class 200, and Hyperion is a class one. And why not? It holds the same merit as your arguing.

BB is still not above class 60. He still has not been shown to survive a blast with the force of 20 nukes. Strength has nothing to do with durability...

Also, Hype is not a class 100, he hasn't survived an attack by Hulk yet... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sirius77
Nothing around BB is destroyed... only the direction that the blast went in.

In this comic, his whisper was written differently, and apparently, BB can control where he directs it

And he directed it at sentry... I think you just contradicted yourself.

You said that it was below sentry, then you said he can direct it. If it was directed at one point, and sentry took the damage, then it was directed at sentry.

Blastaar has KO'ed Surfer before...

And the blast that he hit ikaris with, appearently was not anywhere near nuclear. Otherwise it would have destroyed the room. It didn't. Hyperion got hit by 20 nukes at a time. He survived. I doubt that bb or ikaris would. Ikaris would regenerate most likely, but bb wouldn't.

That's horrible reasoning...

I could just as easily say that Ikaris is a class 200, and Hyperion is a class one. And why not? It holds the same merit as your arguing.

Black Bolts strength class while augmented (as well as ikaris') and hyperion as a class 100:
http://en.marveldatabase.com/Strength_Scale#Superhuman:_50.2B_tons_to_75_ton_range

So I really don't see how you can say that now with the marvel database in front of you.

Strength has nothing to do with durability...

I never said that it did. Also, can bb survive a nuke? Oh and by the way, on bb's official marvel profile, it says " At maximum the force is equal to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon." Here:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Black_Bolt

Hyperion survived the force of 20 nuclear weapons.

Sirius77
Also, Hype is not a class 100, he hasn't survived an attack by Hulk yet... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, bb didn't do so good against hulk either. Neither did hercules.

Bransolute
And he directed it at sentry... I think you just contradicted yourself.

You said that it was below sentry, then you said he can direct it. If it was directed at one point, and sentry took the damage, then it was directed at sentry. He didn't direct it at Sentry though... he directed it at the Avengers... and pwned those n00bs.no expression

Sentry stood above the action doing shit all...

Read the comic.

I said he can direct his voice apparently. It wasn't directed at Sentry, however, the shockwave may have hit him, as I fo shizzle know he didn't get hit by the blast.

And the blast that he hit ikaris with, appearently was not anywhere near nuclear. Otherwise it would have destroyed the room. It didn't. Hyperion got hit by 20 nukes at a time. He survived. I doubt that bb or ikaris would. Ikaris would regenerate most likely, but bb wouldn't. Didn't Hulk's clothes stay completely in tact after he got destroyed down to the bones?
Pants>>>>>>>Hulk, just like room>>>>>>>Ikaris. I mean, it makes sense... doesn't it...

Also, can you show me this disintegration please?

Oh you doubt it?!?!? Damnit... I thought I may have something here, but not if you doubt it!! sad

Black Bolts strength class while augmented (as well as ikaris') and hyperion as a class 100:
http://en.marveldatabase.com/Strength_Scale#Superhuman:_50.2B_tons_to_75_ton_range

So I really don't see how you can say that now with the marvel database in front of you.

And here's a bio for Wolverine's stats:
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine

Wolverine's got a 4 in energy projection. smile And a 7 in strength, and durability.

And that's the 'Official ratings', which means Marvel actually made the bio. So, it should hold some merit...

I never said that it did. Also, can bb survive a nuke? Oh and by the way, on bb's official marvel profile, it says " At maximum the force is equal to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon." Here:

Hyperion survived the force of 20 nuclear weapons. Last I checked, a nuke won't KO Hulk... and bare with me, that BB whispered when he KO'ed Hulk.

Your use of bios is funny to me, and proves nothing... nothing at all.

That bio also contradicts your previous bio...

SpookySmurph
Well, galactus himself feels punches from class 100s, and occasionally flinches. People don't really make much of a deal out of that... so no offense, but why are you? You likely don't know who I'm talking about, or you'd realize the futility in comparing him to Galactus.

Scans? Showing what? Everytime he speaks, the emphasis on the fact that it's only a whisper?

And hyperion crashed himself into the earth and basically the same thing happened. Hyperion acted as if nothing happened. Could bb slam into the planet at that speed and live? Can bb have hyperion slam into him at that speed and survive? BB's shields more than likely could. smile

Not to mention, Hyperion couldn't anyways, once he's been turned to stone.

Hyperion is alot faster than bb. Is he faster than BB's thought?

Ignoring the fact that hyperion can use his atomic vision at a seconds notice. BB can summon shields at a seconds notice.

See, I can do it too.

I never said that wwh was a character in this fight. Again, about you missing the point...

Still hasn't shown it on panel. Thus it cannot be used as a feat. You're trying to use Marvel Database as a proper source and berating ME for mentioning the narrator? haermm

BB did scream at sentry. Didn't you read the comic? All it did was move the skin on sentrys face. Same thing for wwh. When has it EVER stated that it was a scream...? Seriously, with Sentry, not only was Sentry far above, but Blackagar barely opened his mouth.

The intensity of his voice has nothing to do with the intensity of the scream. Any sound that he makes, the electrons are still manipulated, and thus the explosion is still activated. Proof? Because, I can give you scan after scan with emphasis on the fact that BB's feats are only caused by whispers. Why do you think he speaks barely audibly when he's absolutely forced to?

Because, any louder, and there would be nothing left of the ground beneath them, and, unless the narrator's a liar, the planet too. smile

Bransolute

Also, bb didn't do so good against hulk either. Neither did hercules. BB managed to punch Hulk around.
Unless you're talking about the pis that is WWH.

Bransolute
Also, Sentry himself says that the blast was only a whisper, and that it was nothing compared to what BB can do.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2353/silentwar005021th1.th.jpg

SpookySmurph
And about BB's strength, he also one-shotted Namor, which I've never seen a Class 60 do. He was incapable of amping at the time, too. smile

Bransolute
And about BB's strength, he also one-shotted Namor, which I've never seen a Class 60 do. He was incapable of amping at the time, too. smile But teh bio (that happens to contradict another bio used) said he isn't!!!

SpookySmurph
But teh bio (that happens to contradict another bio used) said he isn't!!! Damm! Your rite!

Bioz >> teh proof.

Bransolute
Damm! Your rite!

Bioz >> teh proof. U no it!

Switch 07
How can BB handle a blitz from Hyperion?

King_Mungi
And about BB's strength, he also one-shotted Namor, which I've never seen a Class 60 do.

Master of the World one shooted Namor and he isn't close to class 60 wink

lando005
i think that durability will be a major part here. I think hype has the advantage in this departmen but none of his attacks would be as damaging as bb's scream. In sheer raw power i would give it to hyp but potential wise i would give it to bb

Sirius77
You likely don't know who I'm talking about, or you'd realize the futility in comparing him to Galactus.

Showing what? Everytime he speaks, the emphasis on the fact that it's only a whisper?

BB's shields more than likely could. smile

Not to mention, Hyperion couldn't anyways, once he's been turned to stone.

Is he faster than BB's thought?

BB can summon shields at a seconds notice.

See, I can do it too.

Again, about you missing the point...

You're trying to use Marvel Database as a proper source and berating ME for mentioning the narrator? haermm

When has it EVER stated that it was a scream...? Seriously, with Sentry, not only was Sentry far above, but Blackagar barely opened his mouth.

Proof? Because, I can give you scan after scan with emphasis on the fact that BB's feats are only caused by whispers. Why do you think he speaks barely audibly when he's absolutely forced to?

Because, any louder, and there would be nothing left of the ground beneath them, and, unless the narrator's a liar, the planet too. smile

What, are you serious? I can't believe that this going on this long...

Hyperion's durability>>>>>>bbs

Hyperions strength>>>>>>>bbs

Hyperions speed>>>bbs

Regardless, I don't see how you can even argue a character
when the other one is obviously superior. Especially when
theres no prep... despite the fact that prep is overrated...
Also, it doesn't help that bbs scream has been stated to be
as powerful as a nuclear explosion. Hyperion has surved 20 at
a time...

Bransolute
Allow me. smile

Hyperion's durability>>>>>>bbs Based on him surviving nukes? What else is there to indicate his durability? Taking Human Torch's attack?

Also, how powerful do you have to be to take an attack by a Watcher (well, to be fair, it was Doom, with Watcher's powers) to really no effect?

Hyperions strength>>>>>>>bbs Let's go by this for a moment.

If Hype is that much above BB, then Hulk must be>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BB.
And BB did a good job against Hulk... in h2h.

Hyperions speed>>>bbs Maybe so... but so does Ikaris's.

Regardless, I don't see how you can even argue a character
when the other one is obviously superior. Especially when
theres no prep... despite the fact that prep is overrated...
Also, it doesn't help that bbs scream has been stated to be
as powerful as a nuclear explosion. Hyperion has surved 20 at
a time... How is he obviously superior?

BB once whispered a syllable, and dislodged an entire mountain/city.
BB's whisper has KO'ed Hulk... multiple times.
BB's whisper/whatever took out Watcher powered Doom.
BB dazed Surfer with a whisper. Surfer laughs at nukes.
BB took out Glads with a whisper. Obvious superior to Hype.

Oh well. The bio stated it's only as powerful as a nuke, but this bio says that Wolverine can lift 100 tons.

Bios r teh ultimte proofz!!!

Sirius77
So you doubt that bb is class 60?confused
Do you think hes above that?

Also, its been shown on panel that hyperion has taken a
blast with the power of multiple nukes before. BBs scream
can't really be any more intense than that. I've never seen
it do more damage than a few nukes. Have you?

UniOmni

it do more damage than a few nukes. Have you? [/QUOTE

It caused planetwide damage.

Broke of a piece of the moon, and it was only a whisper.

It's stopped cosmic beings, and the scream has never been seen.

The only time it was alluded to being used, was against Celestials in the Earth X saga.

Hyperion is stronger than BB, but it takes nothing to amp and go toe to toe with him regardless of base.

He's fought Gladiator, Hulk and numerous others.

He's not Mr.Miracle in comparison to Superman.

SpookySmurph
Uni and Bran covered it.

smile

Bransolute

it do more damage than a few nukes. Have you? I never said that. smile
Plus, even if he is only a class 2, the raw power in his fists make up for it, so it's hardly relevant. If you can hit as hard, or outmuscle class 100's, then the amount you can lift is irrelevant unless you're having a lifting contest.

So... one feat then? One feat of durability according to you, makes him impossible to take down? F*cking Thing damaged him with a punch.
Thing's fist>>>>>>>>20 nukes?

Also, since I'm going to be a dick. smile
Where was it referenced that it was 20 nukes? All I saw was it saying it would take ten nukes to have a chance at killing him, and twenty would be better. Can you point me to where it showed how powerful the nukes actually were?
Because it looks like humans were just speculating to me...
Does this look like 20 nukes? Also, Hype was f*cked up after this...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/nuke.jpg

I guess not... if you ignore everything said to you... smile

Also, if we're going to use your logic. Gladiator flew through a 100 mile supernova (something like that). Black Bolt knocked him out. smile Black Bolt's whisper obviously has to be>>>>>supernova to damage, let alone knock Gladiator out. smile

Oh, and about Hype's other durability feat... about him taking Torch's nova flame. Gladiator takes a concentrated nova blast (which is no different than a normal one, except it's concentrated) to no effect.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/FantasticFour_v1_249_p16.jpg

Black Bolt knocked out that guy.

Gladiator>>>>Hype. Black Bolt knocked out a superior Hyperion, basically.
So yes, even if Hype does have better feats (I'll roll with this), Black Bolt's voice has put down better.

Black Bolt has also been shown throwing around Gladiator with raw strength on a another occasion. smile

lando005
hype 6/10

Faceman
Straight up fight Hyperion takes it, but if BB screams its all over.......

lando005
agreed

SpookySmurph
BB doesn't need to speak to win. smile

Bransolute
BB doesn't need to speak to win. smile Originally posted by lando005
agreed

lando005
i dont think so i think raw power wise hype has him outclassed bb is on par enough to keep up with hype but not for a prolonged fight

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by lando005
i dont think so i think raw power wise hype has him outclassed bb is on par enough to keep up with hype but not for a prolonged fight So, it won't be prolonged.

Black Bolt can just turn him into cheese as soon as the battle starts.

lando005
i just thought of this but couldnt hype fly out of range of the blast?

SpookySmurph
Not really a blast, and his shields have held an enraged Hulk before, so he could just trap Hyp.

lando005
Not really a blast, and his shields have held an enraged Hulk before, so he could just trap Hyp. sorry attack would be a better term, and enraged hulk is iffy at best because no one ca be sure where he's at strenght wise

srankmissingnin
Hyperion is a pussy, he had a hard enough time with Ultimate Wolverine. cool

Sirius77
Originally posted by UniOmni

it do more damage than a few nukes. Have you? Originally posted by UniOmni
It caused planetwide damage.

And Hyperion hasn't?

Broke of a piece of the moon, and it was only a whisper.

And hype caused the entire earth to quake with the intensity of a 10 on the ricter scale and walked off like it was nothing.

It's stopped cosmic beings, and the scream has never been seen.

Alot of things have stopped cosmic beings. Reed has. Also, if the "scream" has never been seen on panel then why do you think that he would use it in the fight? More interestingly, why are you bringing a theoretical feat into the debate?

The only time it was alluded to being used, was against Celestials in the Earth X saga.

Which was an entirely different universe. One where Dr Doom was an angel, and thor was a woman...

Hyperion is stronger than BB, but it takes nothing to amp and go toe to toe with him regardless of base.

I can't see him going toe to toewith hyperion. Thats ridiculous... the only advantage that he has is his voice. And even that has only been shown with the intensity of a couple nukes. Hyperion has survived a blast with the force of about 10 or 20 (check the respect thread).

He's fought Gladiator, Hulk and numerous others.

The gladiator fight was complete pis. He jobbed ridiculously.

And as far as hulk goes, it depends upon which version. But realistically ikaris has beaten the hulk. Hell, I think even spiderman has a few good showings witrh him.

He's not Mr.Miracle in comparison to Superman.

To be honest, I don't care for either character. But hyperion is obviously superior in this case. And due to bbs character, he generally hesitates before he uses his voice. So, thats really all that it will take for hyperion to take advantage.

Bransolute
Alot of things have stopped cosmic beings. Reed has. Also, if the "scream" has never been seen on panel then why do you think that he would use it in the fight? More interestingly, why are you bringing a theoretical feat into the debate? Reed's stopped them with tech. BB has to do it with his own power.
Hype doesn't have the sort of power to stop cosmic beings.

BB would use his scream, because there is nothing stopping him. No innocents. No family.
Actually, he would use his whisper first, and if that didn't work (by some miracle), then he'd scream his ass off.

Anyway, he's shown enough power without his voice to hang with Hype (yes, I'm going to continue calling him 'Hype', because that's pretty much what he is on these boards. Good feats here and there, but nothing major, or nothing cosmic.), and most likely enough to take him down.

The gladiator fight was complete pis. He jobbed ridiculously.

And as far as hulk goes, it depends upon which version. But realistically ikaris has beaten the hulk. Hell, I think even spiderman has a few good showings witrh him. Or maybe you're completely underrating BB?
BB's also gone toe to toe with Thor as well, and toe to toe with Hulk. They must have jobbed as well.

Ikaris has beaten Hulk you say? Didn't you just say Ikaris was like a class 40-60? no expression

Spider-Man uses his agility, and speed to avoid all the attacks of Hulk, and deliver little damage at a time. BB doesn't.
Of course Spidey's going to do good against him, if Hulk can't hit him.

Plus, Spider-Man put him down with a cement truck. no expression
Very hypocritical for you to bring up Glads jobbing, and a paragraph below, you say Spider-Man has good showings with the Hulk.

Sirius77
I never said that. smile
Plus, even if he is only a class 2, the raw power in his fists make up for it, so it's hardly relevant. If you can hit as hard, or outmuscle class 100's, then the amount you can lift is irrelevant unless you're having a lifting contest.

So... one feat then? One feat of durability according to you, makes him impossible to take down? F*cking Thing damaged him with a punch.
Thing's fist>>>>>>>>20 nukes?

Also, since I'm going to be a dick. smile
Where was it referenced that it was 20 nukes? All I saw was it saying it would take ten nukes to have a chance at killing him, and twenty would be better. Can you point me to where it showed how powerful the nukes actually were?
Because it looks like humans were just speculating to me...
Does this look like 20 nukes? Also, Hype was f*cked up after this...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/nuke.jpg

I never said that it was impossible to take him down. Tell me where I stated that.

Also, it says right here that it was a ring of 10-20 nukes:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/RespectHyperion/Feats/Endurance/Nuke/1.jpg

Also, they were not speculating. If they were speculating, then why were they giving exact measurements of how to cut him as a child? Case and point, he survived the ten to twenty nukes, whether or not it killed him is moot. Also, you never answered my question. Can Black Bolt survive 10-20 nukes? Can he even survive one?

And can I point out where it says how powerful the nukes were?
Can you point out how powerful a black hole is? Its a nuke. Just
like any destructive plot device that is used to gauge the durability
of a character and make him/her look impressive, it is assumed to be powerful. Just like any other nuke. In the page before it, the scientist stated that it was a nuke without the lasting radioactive effects. So if
it was stated that they were going to use several of them (stated as at least 10), then the conclusion would be that the blast itsself was as strong as AT LEAST ten nuclear weapons combined. Which is only half of the stated maximum if you would like to get specific.

Sirius77
Reed's stopped them with tech. BB has to do it with his own power.
Hype doesn't have the sort of power to stop cosmic beings.

I agree that hype doesn't have the power to stop cosmic beings. But I have just lost the little respect for you that I had if you are trying to actually say that Black Bolt can compete with cosmics. Black Bolts voice would do as little to galactus as almost any other heroes power on earth.
To say otherwise would be ridiculous. To a cosmic being the most powerful hit that hype can muster against a full scream from Black Bolt would be comparable to a wasp sting vs a bee sting. It doesn't matter. It won't stop them regardless. Its the same reason why we stay away from stinging insects. Because we don't like being stung. Will it kill us? No, though bees do die when they loose their stingers...

BB would use his scream, because there is nothing stopping him. No innocents. No family.
Actually, he would use his whisper first, and if that didn't work (by some miracle), then he'd scream his ass off.

So he didn't use his whisper on Hulk or Gladiator, but he'll use it on hype? Please explain.

Anyway, he's shown enough power without his voice to hang with Hype (yes, I'm going to continue calling him 'Hype', because that's pretty much what he is on these boards. Good feats here and there, but nothing major, or nothing cosmic.), and most likely enough to take him down.

Why because two top-tiers jobbed to him? Well then in that case, by your logic Batman should be able to hang with hype because he beat superman and batkicked specter...

Or maybe you're completely underrating BB?
BB's also gone toe to toe with Thor as well, and toe to toe with Hulk. They must have jobbed as well.

And Batman also batkicked Captain Marvel out cold in Batman/Superman... That's three examples on three examples. Batman must be class 100 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ikaris has beaten Hulk you say? Didn't you just say Ikaris was like a class 40-60? no expression

Yes I did.

Spider-Man uses his agility, and speed to avoid all the attacks of Hulk, and deliver little damage at a time. BB doesn't.
Of course Spidey's going to do good against him, if Hulk can't hit him.

So Hulk can hit Thor, but he can't hit spiderman.

Plus, Spider-Man put him down with a cement truck. no expression
Very hypocritical for you to bring up Glads jobbing, and a paragraph below, you say Spider-Man has good showings with the Hulk.

And it's funny how you bring up planet pushers, cosmic beings, and thunder gods and compare them to Black Bolt and then call me a hypocrite... smile

Bransolute
I never said that it was impossible to take him down. Tell me where I stated that. You're basically stating that it's impossible for BB to take him down, since you think BB's scream is equivalent to one nuke, and Hype "took 20 easily".

Which is a crock of shit. smile

Also, it says right here that it was a ring of 10-20 nukes:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/RespectHyperion/Feats/Endurance/Nuke/1.jpg

Also, they were not speculating. If they were speculating, then why were they giving exact measurements of how to cut him as a child? Case and point, he survived the ten to twenty nukes, whether or not it killed him is moot. Also, you never answered my question. Can Black Bolt survive 10-20 nukes? Can he even survive one? It says it would take 10-20 to kill him. It never specified how many the guy actually used. Either way, I don't care.
Hell, it was only an implication of how many nukes he used if you want to get technical...

Black Bolt has never tried to withstand nukes, so I can't say. And he doesn't need to to prove he's durable.
And, unless Hype can fire off the damage of 20 nukes, then that also happens to be completely irrelevant. smile

And can I point out where it says how powerful the nukes were?
Can you point out how powerful a black hole is? Its a nuke. Just
like any destructive plot device that is used to gauge the durability
of a character and make him/her look impressive, it is assumed to be powerful. Just like any other nuke. In the page before it, the scientist stated that it was a nuke without the lasting radioactive effects. So if
it was stated that they were going to use several of them (stated as at least 10), then the conclusion would be that the blast itsself was as strong as AT LEAST ten nuclear weapons combined. Which is only half of the stated maximum if you would like to get specific.
So it's between 10, and 20 according to you... well, that's quite a range isn't it?
So, it's either 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, or 20 nukes that happened to almost take down Hype.
If it's only 10, then it's not as good as let on, and if it's 20, then it's a pretty good durability feat. However, it's impossible to prove that it was actually 20 (unless it was stated somewhere else I don't know about).

Also, that blast fudged Hype up, and BB's syllables have seemingly done more damage... Hmmm...

Bransolute
I agree that hype doesn't have the power to stop cosmic beings. But I have just lost the little respect for you that I had if you are trying to actually say that Black Bolt can compete with cosmics. Black Bolts voice would do as little to galactus as almost any other heroes power on earth.
To say otherwise would be ridiculous. To a cosmic being the most powerful hit that hype can muster against a full scream from Black Bolt would be comparable to a wasp sting vs a bee sting. It doesn't matter. It won't stop them regardless. Its the same reason why we stay away from stinging insects. Because we don't like being stung. Will it kill us? No, though bees do die when they loose their stingers... Not all cosmics are Galactus. smile
Cosmics also include heralds, and what not. And quite frankly, Hype would get raped by almost any herald as well ('cept maybe Terrax), but on the other hand, BB could do well against them.

Plus, Uni first brought up Vortex I believe, so what you said doesn't matter anyway.

So he didn't use his whisper on Hulk or Gladiator, but he'll use it on hype? Please explain. He's knocked both Hulk and Glads out with a whisper... no expression

And when he did it against both, people were in the premise. If no people are around, then BB has no reason to hold back. Thus, there's no reason to say he won't use it.

Why because two top-tiers jobbed to him? Well then in that case, by your logic Batman should be able to hang with hype because he beat superman and batkicked specter... Why did they job to him? What possible explanation do you have that they jobbed to him? Because you underrate him? Good logic.

BB's ALWAYS done good against top tiers. From Warlock, to Hulk. Are all his feats people jobbing to him, based on what you say?

So... BB doesn't have feats, because you don't like what he's done?

And Batman also batkicked Captain Marvel out cold in Batman/Superman... That's three examples on three examples. Batman must be class 100 roll eyes (sarcastic) Three examples of pure pis?

Also, BB doesn't exactly have feats to disregard what he's done. Batman does... badly.

It's a horrible comparison, and Batman has thousands of appearances, and you can only name three? Wow... that's AWESOME!
BB has, I believe, less than a hundred.
And about 50 or so (maybe) when he does something... almost all are good, or positive feats.

Batman's range from having trouble with Bane, to fighting street levelers.
And of course, the one time deals with Spectre, and CM. And when he was upgraded, and stood a chance against Supes.

Yes I did. Well, that's not right. no expression

So Hulk can hit Thor, but he can't hit spiderman. Irrelevant, but I'll bite.
Thor tries to go man to man against Hulk. Fist to fist. Hammer to fist.

Spider-Man knows he can't match power with Hulk, so he has to dodge everything thrown at him.

Thor doesn't try to dodge as much. Spider-Man has to. Work it out.

And it's funny how you bring up planet pushers, cosmic beings, and thunder gods and compare them to Black Bolt and then call me a hypocrite... smile Problem here is. Hulk WAS jobbing to Spider-Man. Hulk does not get taken out by a cement truck... ever... except once... to Spider-Man.

BB has nothing to say he couldn't fight these beings, and ignoring them, is ignoring what BB can do. And quite frankly... on panel, these beings have nothing to say that they would stomp BB either (unless we follow what you say, and then, BB would get taken out by like BP, and common thugs, as he'd have no feats).

Sirius77
You're basically stating that it's impossible for BB to take him down, since you think BB's scream is equivalent to one nuke, and Hype "took 20 easily".

Which is a crock of shit. smile

Show me where I said easily. I said that he withstood 10-20 nukes. Which he did. Has Black Bolt? I understand that you like Back Bolt and dislike hype, but I don't like either, and it's still obvious that hype has the upper hand.

It says it would take 10-20 to kill him. It never specified how many the guy actually used. Either way, I don't care.
Hell, it was only an implication of how many nukes he used if you want to get technical...

It stated 10-20 nukes would kill him. They didn't. It's sad that you have to downplay the feats to this level to prove to yourself that your right.

And if you want to get technical, all of the implications of how strong Black Bolts screams are just that. Implications. Pretty much everything in a comic book is.

Black Bolt has never tried to withstand nukes, so I can't say. And he doesn't need to to prove he's durable.

Hyperion has never tried to withstand Black Bolts voice, so I can't say. And he doesn't need to to prove he's durable.

And, unless Hype can fire off the damage of 20 nukes, then that also happens to be completely irrelevant. smile

Just ask yourself what it would feel like to be speedblitzed by someone capable of walking away from 10-20 nukes...

So it's between 10, and 20 according to you... well, that's quite a range isn't it?
So, it's either 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, or 20 nukes that happened to almost take down Hype.
If it's only 10, then it's not as good as let on, and if it's 20, then it's a pretty good durability feat. However, it's impossible to prove that it was actually 20 (unless it was stated somewhere else I don't know about).

Precisely. Either way we know that it was at least ten. Twenty being the more than likely conclusion.

Also, that blast fudged Hype up, and BB's syllables have seemingly done more damage... Hmmm...

More damage than 10-20 nukes? When has he ever shown the power of then to twenty nukes? Also, hype was still able to use flash vision.

Also, wwh fudged Black Bolt up pretty badly, I wonder what would happen if he got speedblitzed by someone durable enough to withstand 10-20 nukes.... hmmm...

Bransolute
Show me where I said easily. I said that he withstood 10-20 nukes. Which he did. Has Black Bolt? I understand that you like Back Bolt and dislike hype, but I don't like either, and it's still obvious that hype has the upper hand. It doesn't matter if you said easily or not, and I care not to look back for one detail.
You still think BB can't affect him following what has been said.

So, I'm bias? OK then. smile

What's obvious to you, is not obvious to others. So, what you're going to have to do, is show how obvious it is that BB loses to me, since I can't see it. smile
And quite frankly, you've proved nothing, except that Hype has an OK durability.

It stated 10-20 nukes would kill him. They didn't. It's sad that you have to downplay the feats to this level to prove to yourself that your right.

And if you want to get technical, all of the implications of how strong Black Bolts screams are just that. Implications. Pretty much everything in a comic book is. It stated. And since it didn't kill him, my point about humans speculating still stands... but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not downplaying it, just pointing out that they never said how many nukes they actually used. They didn't even say they used more than one... but they implied they did (when Hype was a baby).
The implications are to have us believe they used 10-20 though. smile

And before you get all hissy, yes, I do believe he took 10-20, but I'm just saying what happened in the comic...

And... notice how I haven't used one implication of BB's voice... I just used feats that happened. smile

Hyperion has never tried to withstand Black Bolts voice, so I can't say. And he doesn't need to to prove he's durable. See, there's where your logic fails.

This is where the part that you completely ignored earlier comes into play.

BB KO'ed Glads with his voice. Glads is an obvious superior to Hype in durability.
BB KO'ed Hulk with his voice (twice). Hulk has better durability feats than Hype.
BB took out Watcher Doom with his voice. Doom has awesome durability feats on his own... add in Watcher's powers...
BB took out the New Avengers with a whisper (including WM, Iron Man, etc).

Also, BB doesn't need to prove he's durable enough to take nukes, since Hype doesn't use nukes as his main arsenal.

Hype, unfortunately does need to be able to survive a scream/whisper from BB.

Just ask yourself what it would feel like to be speedblitzed by someone capable of walking away from 10-20 nukes...
It would feel like that guy is pretty durable. But it tells nothing of strength...

Precisely. Either way we know that it was at least ten. Twenty being the more than likely conclusion. Speculate to the highest number? Awesome!

More damage than 10-20 nukes? When has he ever shown the power of then to twenty nukes? Also, hype was still able to use flash vision.

Also, wwh fudged Black Bolt up pretty badly, I wonder what would happen if he got speedblitzed by someone durable enough to withstand 10-20 nukes.... hmmm... Well... he dislodged a mountain by a syllable (which looked bigger than the blast Hype took).
He affected the other side of a planet with a whisper (which would be more than the blast that Hype took, did).
He took out Glads. Which would be more than 20 nukes that should even affect him. And it helps that Glads was fighting Quaser in the same issue... meaning he wasn't being a 'jobber'.
I'm not sure how much Hulk can take in nukes, but I bet it's a lot. And BB has KO'ed him four times (twice by whisper; twice by other means).
Took out Watcher-Doom.
Dazed Surfer.
Created a rip in reality.
Took out Kang with a syllable.
Etc.

Nevermind the unbelievable pis... but WWH is so much stronger than Supreme Hype, it's dumb to bring up the two in the same thread.

BB reacted to Ikaris trying to blitz him...

Sirius77
Not all cosmics are Galactus. smile

I know that, and I never stated that either. You and I both know that
you were referring to the galaxy collector.

Cosmics also include heralds, and what not. And quite frankly, Hype would get raped by almost any herald as well ('cept maybe Terrax), but on the other hand, BB could do well against them.

So now you're saying that Black Bolt would stalemate surfer. Still bad, but not as bad as the galactus claim...

Either way, against any herald except for Terrax, they would both get evaporated.

He's knocked both Hulk and Glads out with a whisper... no expression .

So you still don't believe that that was jobbing and pis? Hulk is fairly unintellegent and slow (or at least the version that Black Bolt was fighting), its not a huge accomplishment to defeat him. But Gladiator... that is jobbing.

And when he did it against both, people were in the premise. If no people are around, then BB has no reason to hold back. Thus, there's no reason to say he won't use it.

Show me that there was no one around (if you feel like it... I really don't don't like either character...)

Why did they job to him? What possible explanation do you have that they jobbed to him? Because you underrate him? Good logic.

Because Gladiator pushes planets, and pwns past pheonixes and omega level mutants. Thor has fought the Destroyer, Mangog, and (for a time, though it did little) Galactus. Black Bolthas not shown any durability to hang with such top-tiers. He hasn't flown through the hearts of stars. He hasn't fished the world serpent from space, and he just isn't in any way on the physical level of the characters that you have named. He isn't even as versitile as the majority of them. What else would it be other than jobbing?

BB's ALWAYS done good against top tiers. From Warlock, to Hulk. Are all his feats people jobbing to him, based on what you say?.

So he beat Adam Warlock?

So... BB doesn't have feats, because you don't like what he's done?

Wow, you're really putting words in my mouth. I don't mean to beg the question again, but has he survived 10-20 nukes?

Also, BB doesn't exactly have feats to disregard what he's done. Batman does... badly.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that Black Bolt has pushed planets, busted moons, fought mangog, and fished the world serpent from space... my fault.

It's a horrible comparison, and Batman has thousands of appearances, and you can only name three? Wow... that's AWESOME!
BB has, I believe, less than a hundred.
And about 50 or so (maybe) when he does something... almost all are good, or positive feats.

Thats kind of sad that you don't realize that four of the instances that you've named are pis or jobbing. Possibly both.

I don't doubt that Black Bolt is powerful, but I just don't see him winning a fight against hype.

Batman's range from having trouble with Bane, to fighting street levelers.
And of course, the one time deals with Spectre, and CM. And when he was upgraded, and stood a chance against Supes.

So, Black Bolt can have trouble with the Fantastic Four, a group of mutants with terrigen mists, ironman, or some of the othr avengers, but then you give threepis filled moments and ask me why I bring up Batman?

Irrelevant, but I'll bite.
Thor tries to go man to man against Hulk. Fist to fist. Hammer to fist.

Spider-Man knows he can't match power with Hulk, so he has to dodge everything thrown at him.

Thor doesn't try to dodge as much. Spider-Man has to. Work it out.

I still don't see how that puts Black Bolt on par with Thor.

Problem here is. Hulk WAS jobbing to Spider-Man. Hulk does not get taken out by a cement truck... ever... except once... to Spider-Man.

BB has nothing to say he couldn't fight these beings, and ignoring them, is ignoring what BB can do. And quite frankly... on panel, these beings have nothing to say that they would stomp BB either (unless we follow what you say, and then, BB would get taken out by like BP, and common thugs, as he'd have no feats).

How many times has Black Bolt faced Thor and Gladiator?

Bransolute
I know that, and I never stated that either. You and I both know that
you were referring to the galaxy collector. But you threw out Galactus anyway...

So now you're saying that Black Bolt would stalemate surfer. Still bad, but not as bad as the galactus claim...

Either way, against any herald except for Terrax, they would both get evaporated. I said could do well... against herald levels.

BB has shown his whisper can affect Surfer... Hype has nothing that could affect Surfer... BB would do better, but eventually lose. Hype wouldn't even get out of the starting gate.

Unless Surfer was bloodlusted... then he'd easily defeat both of them...

So you still don't believe that that was jobbing and pis? Hulk is fairly unintellegent and slow (or at least the version that Black Bolt was fighting), its not a huge accomplishment to defeat him. But Gladiator... that is jobbing. It's not an accomplishment to beat Hulk 4 times? Since when? Beating Hulk is a HUGE accomplishment for anyone... and Glads also hasn't done so. smile

No, Glads getting punked by Gambit is jobbing. Him getting KO'ed by another top tier level guy is an average.

Hulk, Thor, Masterson Thor, etc...

Show me that there was no one around (if you feel like it... I really don't don't like either character...) No idea what you're talking about.

Because Gladiator pushes planets, and pwns past pheonixes and omega level mutants. Thor has fought the Destroyer, Mangog, and (for a time, though it did little) Galactus. Black Bolthas not shown any durability to hang with such top-tiers. He hasn't flown through the hearts of stars. He hasn't fished the world serpent from space, and he just isn't in any way on the physical level of the characters that you have named. He isn't even as versitile as the majority of them. What else would it be other than jobbing? Glads apparently pushed planets...

The second part's bullshit and you know it.
Zod hasn't done 1/100 of what Superman has done, and we know Zod is a match for Supes. However, following your logic, Zod is nothing to Superman. smile

Also, not saying BB could do it, but he's never been put up to the task of doing anything you mentioned.

So he beat Adam Warlock? I said did well. Learn the difference.

Warlock didn't beat him either though...

Wow, you're really putting words in my mouth. I don't mean to beg the question again, but has he survived 10-20 nukes? I already answered.
And, it's also irrelevant.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that Black Bolt has pushed planets, busted moons, fought mangog, and fished the world serpent from space... my fault. I didn't know Mangog has fought Galactus, the Destroyer, made a shield to hold a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe, fished the Midgard serpent, but we know he's above Thor.

Just like we know BB can fight with top tiers.

Thats kind of sad that you don't realize that four of the instances that you've named are pis or jobbing. Possibly both.

I don't doubt that Black Bolt is powerful, but I just don't see him winning a fight against hype. That's sad you ignore a character's history to fit your needs.

Actually, you do doubt that BB is powerful, as you've done repeatedly all throughout this thread.
Another thing. BB shattered a barrier that Thor couldn't even scratch. smile

So, Black Bolt can have trouble with the Fantastic Four, a group of mutants with terrigen mists, ironman, or some of the othr avengers, but then you give threepis filled moments and ask me why I bring up Batman?First off, you brought up Batman batkicking Spectre, so even if BB had trouble with Aunt May, it wouldn't compare...

Second. BB has taken out the Four, and the Four have given almost everyone troubles all throughout their career (Galactus, Exitar, and Surfer included). I remember him getting beat once, at a weakened condition. And, BB doesn't really use his powers against the Four either. Not to mention, they are also a powerful group.

You mean the Kree who was extremely powerful?

When has he had trouble with Ironman?

Problem is, the feats I brought up are pretty close, and are average. Very consistent if I say so myself.

The feats you brought up, were him taking out CM in one hit, to batkicking Spectre, to him being upgraded giving Supes a hard time.
Extremely inconsistent. Considering BM's average is fighting street levels.

BB's average is fighting top tiers (and his voice rises above that).

I still don't see how that puts Black Bolt on par with Thor. According to comics, BB can do OK against Thor in h2h...

How many times has Black Bolt faced Thor and Gladiator? He's faced Thor once.
He's KO'ed Glads once.
And another time, he was shown throwing him around.

On another note. This conversation has become extremely pointless.
All you've done is bring up 20 NUEKSQ!!!, and attempted to downplay BB the entire time.
You've brought up nothing really to even support Hype could punch through a Styrofoam wall. You've brought up nothing except say everyone has jobbed to BB.

I'm going to bed right now, and I might answer your posts when I wake up.

Sirius77
It doesn't matter if you said easily or not, and I care not to look back for one detail.
You still think BB can't affect him following what has been said.

So, I'm bias? OK then. smile

What's obvious to you, is not obvious to others. So, what you're going to have to do, is show how obvious it is that BB loses to me, since I can't see it. smile
And quite frankly, you've proved nothing, except that Hype has an OK durability.

And all you've proved is that Black Bolt has okay offensive capabilities. smile

It stated. And since it didn't kill him, my point about humans speculating still stands... but that's neither here nor there.

Well, its been stated that once one is stabbed in the heart, he dies. Wolverine has been stabbed in the heart numerous times. Does that mean that the knife wasn't a strong enough knife?

The point was that he was tougher than they expected.

I'm not downplaying it, just pointing out that they never said how many nukes they actually used. They didn't even say they used more than one... but they implied they did (when Hype was a baby).
The implications are to have us believe they used 10-20 though. smile

And before you get all hissy, yes, I do believe he took 10-20, but I'm just saying what happened in the comic...

No, it's cool.

And... notice how I haven't used one implication of BB's voice... I just used feats that happened. smile

And I can say the same about myself. I only used what was in the comic. They stated 10-20, and I said 10-20 smile

See, there's where your logic fails.

This is where the part that you completely ignored earlier comes into play.

BB KO'ed Glads with his voice. Glads is an obvious superior to Hype in durability
BB KO'ed Hulk with his voice (twice). Hulk has better durability feats than Hype.
BB took out Watcher Doom with his voice. Doom has awesome durability feats on his own... add in Watcher's powers...
BB took out the New Avengers with a whisper (including WM, Iron Man, etc).

Also, BB doesn't need to prove he's durable enough to take nukes, since Hype doesn't use nukes as his main arsenal.

And Batman koed Captain Marvel, batkicked Specter, beat Superman, and fought Darkseid. Thats four feats to match yours. These are even higher than the ones that you named. So does that mean that batman is above Black Bolt? No. Because it's called jobbing.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't base durability off of characters alone. If you can show me Black Bolt withstanding something that isn't another characster jobbing to him, then I'll agree.

Hype, unfortunately does need to be able to survive a scream/whisper from BB.

Only if you can prove that it's greater than 20 nukes.

Well... he dislodged a mountain by a syllable (which looked bigger than the blast Hype took).

And you think that hype couldn't do the same with his flash vision or fists?

He affected the other side of a planet with a whisper (which would be more than the blast that Hype took, did).

And hype affected the entire world by flying into it.

He took out Glads. Which would be more than 20 nukes that should even affect him. And it helps that Glads was fighting Quaser in the same issue... meaning he wasn't being a 'jobber'.

If it was more powerful than 20 nukes, then where was the destruction?

And Captain marvel was fighting superman before he got clocked by bats. Does that mean that he wasn't being a "jobber"?

I'm not sure how much Hulk can take in nukes, but I bet it's a lot. And BB has KO'ed him four times (twice by whisper; twice by other means).

Which is speculation, because I saw Maestro get disentigrated by a nuclear explosion.

Took out Watcher-Doom.

He had tech.

Dazed Surfer.

So has lightning.

Created a rip in reality.
Etc.

Well he does control electrons... quantum mechanics anyone?

Nevermind the unbelievable pis... but WWH is so much stronger than Supreme Hype, it's dumb to bring up the two in the same thread.

Also, never mind the fact that he's an intellegent warlike tactician that is permanently pissed with years of combat training. He's many multiples stronger and more durable than Black Bolt. It's not pis.

lando005
maybe you two should take this to the battlezone

lando005
noting something about the nuke feat. Those estimates (which is all they are just estimates) were made when hype was a baby so they may have been right at the time. The part where they made a mistake was taking into account that his durability would increase as he got older (it's a lot easier to hurt a baby than a full grown adult) and that's why he was able to survive the blast. Maybe a force of about 30 nukes would have been enough to kill him taking his age into account.

also, bb fighting the likes of thor and other top tier earthers is not jobbing becaus bb himself is on bar with thoes characters, and is regarded by all to be in the same leauge as them. BB ranks up in earth's elite level of supers and is reguarly shown with feats that justify him being in that position, not to mention everyone on earth knows just how powerful he is as well

Faceman
Is it to late to say this thread has been done before, and has way more post?

lando005
Originally posted by Faceman
Is it to late to say this thread has been done before, and has way more post? really i didn't see it, i wouldn't have made the thread if i did, sorry

Faceman
really i didn't see it, i wouldn't have made the thread if i did, sorry

No problem pal, obviously this thread is the one that's hot now.

thumb up

BB , for the win via sneeze.

lando005
Originally posted by Faceman
No problem pal, obviously this thread is the one that's hot now.

thumb up

BB , for the win via sneeze. thanks i had the same thing happen to a few of my own threads

lando005
with out a doubt

durability, strength and speed go to hype, while attack power goes to bb

Bransolute
I'll answer some parts. smile

And you think that hype couldn't do the same with his flash vision or fists? Doesn't matter.

You asked for when BB has done more damage than 20 nukes. I gave you it.

And hype affected the entire world by flying into it.
With his full speed, and his most powerful attack. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, if Hyperion misses that attack against Black Bolt (which has a good chance to miss) then it doesn't matter.
BB's attack however, has a high chance to connect with Hype, and all it takes is him opening his mouth, and speaking.

If it was more powerful than 20 nukes, then where was the destruction?

And Captain marvel was fighting superman before he got clocked by bats. Does that mean that he wasn't being a "jobber"?
The destruction was knocking Glads out.

That's like saying that SMP ripping through Superman's shoulder was a weak attack because it was so small.

Problem here:
Gladiator is fueled on confidence. His confidence was enough to fight with Quaser in that comic. Sometimes it's so low, he gets knocked out by Sue Richards.

CM is not however.

Which is speculation, because I saw Maestro get disentigrated by a nuclear explosion. Alternate reality. Gamma Bomb. smile

He had tech. Something that only took the power directed at it, and then returned it at the destined target?

So has lightning. When Surfer could barely stand at the first part of the story (he does have to wait a while and heal, if he gets worn out).

Well he does control electrons... quantum mechanics anyone? Except, this was out of raw power. Nothing was said of his control over electrons.

Also, never mind the fact that he's an intellegent warlike tactician that is permanently pissed with years of combat training. He's many multiples stronger and more durable than Black Bolt. It's not pis. Are you talking about WWH?
Because that is complete pis.

The only way it's possible, is if BB only used the whisper at the start.

So, you keep wanting to nag on durability?

BB has:

Taken shots from pissed Hulk to not much effect.
Taken shots from Glads (after getting put through torture basically).
Took shots from Thor to really no effect.
Took a shot or two from Watcher-Doom to really no effect.
Got put in a field where his own power was turned against him, and still wasn't out.

Off the top of my head.

Bransolute
maybe you two should take this to the battlezone Wouldn't that be pointless?

It's being said here... why start over, and continue?

lando005
this debate has started to spread to my school

Bransolute
this debate has started to spread to my school laughing out loud

I'm done here, so you'll have to read Sirius's post from now on.

lando005
my final thoughts hype 6/10 do to greater overall power level

Sirius77
I'll answer some parts. smile

Doesn't matter.

You asked for when BB has done more damage than 20 nukes. I gave you it.

With his full speed, and his most powerful attack. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, if Hyperion misses that attack against Black Bolt (which has a good chance to miss) then it doesn't matter.
BB's attack however, has a high chance to connect with Hype, and all it takes is him opening his mouth, and speaking.

The destruction was knocking Glads out.

That's like saying that SMP ripping through Superman's shoulder was a weak attack because it was so small.

Problem here:
Gladiator is fueled on confidence. His confidence was enough to fight with Quaser in that comic. Sometimes it's so low, he gets knocked out by Sue Richards.

CM is not however.

Alternate reality. Gamma Bomb. smile

Something that only took the power directed at it, and then returned it at the destined target?

When Surfer could barely stand at the first part of the story (he does have to wait a while and heal, if he gets worn out).

Except, this was out of raw power. Nothing was said of his control over electrons.

Are you talking about WWH?
Because that is complete pis.

The only way it's possible, is if BB only used the whisper at the start.

BB has:

Got put in a field where his own power was turned against him, and still wasn't out.

Off the top of my head.

Case and point, you have only named characters that should pwn Black Bolt. Not actual destructive forces such as a nuclear weapon or 20....

Also, give me a few more examples of people that Black Bolt has "stalemated" and I'll match it with a list of people that batman has also. Like batman, Black Bolt has no physical durability or strength feats to back up your claims other than the fact that a bunch of top-tiers jobbed to him. So, I'm done here.

Bransolute
Case and point, you have only named characters that should pwn Black Bolt. Not actual destructive forces such as a nuclear weapon or 20....

Also, give me a few more examples of people that Black Bolt has "stalemated" and I'll match it with a list of people that batman has also. Like batman, Black Bolt has no physical durability or strength feats to back up your claims other than the fact that a bunch of top-tiers jobbed to him. So, I'm done here. Originally posted by Bransolute
On another note. This conversation has become extremely pointless.
All you've done is bring up 20 NUEKSQ!!!, and attempted to downplay BB the entire time.
You've brought up nothing really to even support Hype could punch through a Styrofoam wall. You've brought up nothing except say everyone has jobbed to BB.

Case and point. smile

Sirius77
Case and point. smile

And all that you have done is bring up a few top-tiers and a couple of erupting volcanoes smile

Sirius77
Case and point. smile

Either way, great debate. But I'm done here, this has fone on for a pretty long time.

Bransolute
And all that you have done is bring up a few top-tiers and a couple of erupting volcanoes smile So... essentially what you're saying, is that I brought up feats?

Sirius77
No, just a bunch of jobbing top-tiers and a couple of volcanoes. If you want to call those feats then, eh.

Bransolute
No, just a bunch of jobbing top-tiers and a couple of volcanoes. If you want to call those feats then, eh. Using your logic...

The nukes were jobbing to Hyperion. So was Earth. Can you bring me any feats where they aren't jobbing?

Sirius77
Using your logic...

The nukes were jobbing to Hyperion. So was Earth. Can you bring me any feats where they aren't jobbing?

Nukes aren't people that destroy planetiods with punches and fish word sized serpents from space...

Bransolute
Nukes aren't people that destroy planetiods with punches and fish word sized serpents from space... Maybe not.

But a nuke has taken out Thor before. And a planet has taken blasts by Galactus.

They were obviously jobbing, and it's obvious to anyone.

_________
On a serious note, I find it funny how your logic is applicable to other people brought up, like Mangog for example.
Mangog hasn't 1/2 of impressive feats Thor does, however, you brought him up, to show that BB isn't on Thor's level. smile But following your logic, Mangog is next to nothing to Thor, and we can write it off as Thor jobbing.

Plus, also using your logic, Tyrant isn't in Gladiator's level of power. Tyrant doesn't destroy planets, and like Thor, Tyrant doesn't lift world serpents. Gladiator would rape him in a fight... right?

However, if common sense indicated anything, it's obvious that you don't need these type of feats to indicate you're at a level of power.

If you fight and beat Herald levelers on the average, then you're above Herald level.
If you fight, and beat top tiers, or do good against them on the average, then you're about top tier.
If you're wildly inconsistent, but you're feats average out at about street level, however, you have feats where you're taking down gods that contradict a lot of other showings, then you're about street level, or slightly above.

OK, now I'm really done here. At least for the debate going on right now. smile

Sirius77
Maybe not.

But a nuke has taken out Thor before. And a planet has taken blasts by Galactus.

They were obviously jobbing, and it's obvious to anyone.

_________
On a serious note, I find it funny how your logic is applicable to other people brought up, like Mangog for example.
Mangog hasn't 1/2 of impressive feats Thor does, however, you brought him up, to show that BB isn't on Thor's level. smile But following your logic, Mangog is next to nothing to Thor, and we can write it off as Thor jobbing.

Plus, also using your logic, Tyrant isn't in Gladiator's level of power. Tyrant doesn't destroy planets, and like Thor, Tyrant doesn't lift world serpents. Gladiator would rape him in a fight... right?

However, if common sense indicated anything, it's obvious that you don't need these type of feats to indicate you're at a level of power.

If you fight and beat Herald levelers on the average, then you're above Herald level.
If you fight, and beat top tiers, or do good against them on the average, then you're about top tier.

I really don't feel like responding to this, but Tyrant and Mangog have feats other than just facing top-tiers. Either way, I'm completely fed up with this debate, and quite frankly, I see it as pointless. So, have a great day smile

lando005
i have to give you both a good round of applause great debating on both of your parts. You were both witty yet respectful and you are both very strong in your arguments this is what kmc should be like all the time

Sirius77
Thanyou very much, and great thread by the way.

SpookySmurph

BB has:

Off the top of my head. Don't forget the time he one-shotted the Hulk hard enough to knock him into the mountain side and create some large disturbance, and change Hulkie back to Bruce Banner... by flying in to him. smile

And I still haven't seen why Black Bolt cant just turn Hype into swiss cheese via matter manipulation.

lando005
Don't forget the time he one-shotted the Hulk hard enough to knock him into the mountain side and create some large disturbance, and change Hulkie back to Bruce Banner... by flying in to him. smile

And I still haven't seen why Black Bolt cant just turn Hype into swiss cheese via matter manipulation. i think that would work but would he go for that early in the match?

SpookySmurph
i think that would work but would he go for that early in the match? Maybe not. I mean, after shielding himself, trapping Hype, amping himself up to go H2H with Hyperion, obliterating him via scream, messing with his mind, turning the ground underneath Hype into anti-matter, trapping Hype in the ground, and smashing his atoms together to see what comic-book-effect they make happen, maybe then he'd turn Hype into a lawn ornament.

lando005
Maybe not. I mean, after shielding himself, trapping Hype, amping himself up to go H2H with Hyperion, obliterating him via scream, messing with his mind, turning the ground underneath Hype into anti-matter, trapping Hype in the ground, and smashing his atoms together to see what comic-book-effect they make happen, maybe then he'd turn Hype into a lawn ornament. ok i think you got your point across

SpookySmurph
ok i think you got your point across smile

lando005
i don't think he would be able to do more than about 1/3 of the stuff listed though it's not like the fight will exactly go at his pace. Sure you can list a lot of things he can do but the thing is will he be able to do it

SpookySmurph
i don't think he would be able to do more than about 1/3 of the stuff listed though it's not like the fight will exactly go at his pace. Sure you can list a lot of things he can do but the thing is will he be able to do it As soon as a shield as raised, he dictates the pace.

lando005
As soon as a shield as raised, he dictates the pace. the thing is will he have a chance, plus what's to say hype cant bust through it eventually

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.