Etrigan vs WWh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
None of this "But hulke has unlimited strength" bullshit

Only feats usable in his arguement are ones that could be possibly linked to a numerical value

Fir this fight Consider wwh's base at about 300 ton (which i belive is his current base)

Kutulu
What a bogus match. You alter his base strength and then say he can't use any feats. laughing

Gecko4lif
Learn to read dude

And 300 tons is more likly then not way over his base

Sundipped
Etrigan punches Hulk to the moon.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sundipped
Etrigan punches Hulk to the moon.

....ha........hah.....h.h.hah.aa.ha.h.hahahahahahaha!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
WWH 9/10 ftw.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Fir this fight Consider wwh's base at about 300 ton (which i belive is his current base) Umm... you're wrong. no expression

His base strength is obviously 321 tons.

Kutulu
Ok, so you want a numerical value. In Planet Hulk, he held together two tectonic plates. This is before he got upgraded to his now famous WWH strength level.

Let's calculate the mass of a tectonic plate on Earth's crust for comparison:

The lithosphere, consisting mainly of the cold, rigid, rocky crust of the earth extends to depths of 100 km (60 mi). The rocks of the lithosphere have an average density of 2.7 g/cm3 and are almost entirely made up of 11 elements, which together account for about 99.5 percent of its mass. The most abundant is oxygen (about 46.60 percent of the total), followed by silicon (about 27.72 percent), aluminum (8.13 percent), iron (5.0 percent), calcium (3.63 percent), sodium (2.83 percent), potassium (2.59 percent), magnesium (2.09 percent) and titanium, hydrogen, and phosphorus (totaling less than 1 percent). In addition, 11 other elements are present in trace amounts of 0.1 to 0.02 percent. These elements, in order of abundance, are carbon, manganese, sulfur, barium, chlorine, chromium, fluorine, zirconium, nickel, strontium, and vanadium. The elements are present in the lithosphere almost entirely in the form of compounds rather than in their free state. These compounds exist almost entirely in the crystalline state, so they are, by definition, minerals.

The lithosphere comprises two shells :the crust and upper mantle that are divided into a dozen or so rigid tectonic plates. The crust itself is divided in two. The sialic or upper crust, of which the continents consist, is made up of igneous and sedimentary rocks whose average chemical composition is similar to that of granite and whose density is about 2.7 g/cm3. The simatic or lower crust, which forms the floors of the ocean basins, is made of darker, heavier igneous rocks such as gabbro and basalt, with an average density of about 3. Taking all of this and some other factors into consideration, we get:

volume = 5.054 x10^19 cubic meters
density of 2.7 g/cm3
mass = 1.365 x10^23 kg = 2.18 % of earth's mass
= 2.72 % of earth's volume

Therefore if we divide this value into 12 (the given amount of tectonic plates on Earth), we have a value as follows:

mass per plate = 1.1375 x10^22 kg, or in terms of tons, 1.13 x10^19 metric tons (in layman's terms, that's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons).

In other words, to even budge a tectonic plate, given that it is constantly forced against other tectonic plates, it requires trillions of tons of force at the bare minimum. What Hulk did was counter that force - counter trillions of tons of force being pressed in opposite directions. This is while getting burned by magma at the same time.

WWH for the win, 10/10.
http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ph10203fv1.jpg

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Kutulu
Ok, so you want a numerical value. In Planet Hulk, he held together two tectonic plates. This is before he got upgraded to his now famous WWH strength level.

The lithosphere, consisting mainly of the cold, rigid, rocky crust of the earth extends to depths of 100 km (60 mi). The rocks of the lithosphere have an average density of 2.7 g/cm3 and are almost entirely made up of 11 elements, which together account for about 99.5 percent of its mass. The most abundant is oxygen (about 46.60 percent of the total), followed by silicon (about 27.72 percent), aluminum (8.13 percent), iron (5.0 percent), calcium (3.63 percent), sodium (2.83 percent), potassium (2.59 percent), magnesium (2.09 percent) and titanium, hydrogen, and phosphorus (totaling less than 1 percent). In addition, 11 other elements are present in trace amounts of 0.1 to 0.02 percent. These elements, in order of abundance, are carbon, manganese, sulfur, barium, chlorine, chromium, fluorine, zirconium, nickel, strontium, and vanadium. The elements are present in the lithosphere almost entirely in the form of compounds rather than in their free state. These compounds exist almost entirely in the crystalline state, so they are, by definition, minerals.

The lithosphere comprises two shells :the crust and upper mantle that are divided into a dozen or so rigid tectonic plates. The crust itself is divided in two. The sialic or upper crust, of which the continents consist, is made up of igneous and sedimentary rocks whose average chemical composition is similar to that of granite and whose density is about 2.7 g/cm3. The simatic or lower crust, which forms the floors of the ocean basins, is made of darker, heavier igneous rocks such as gabbro and basalt, with an average density of about 3. Taking all of this and some other factors into consideration, we get:

density of 2.7 g/cm3

Therefore if we divide this value into 12 (the given amount of tectonic plates on Earth), we have a value as follows:

mass per plate = 1.1375 x10^22 kg, or in terms of tons, 1.13 x10^19 metric tons (in layman's terms, that's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons).

In other words, to even budge a tectonic plate, given that it is constantly forced against other tectonic plates, it requires trillions of tons of force at the bare minimum. What Hulk did was counter that force - counter trillions of tons of force being pressed in opposite directions. This is while getting burned by magma at the same time.

WWH for the win, 10/10.

Those are awesome figures, but we have no idea how much bigger or how much smaller the planet in Planet Hulk was. I have a feeling that the Planet Hulk world (Sakaar?) would probably be about the size of Mercury, seeing as large explosions (the size of which would more than likely be smaller than Alvarez impact) have happened on Earth several times, and the Earth has obviously stayed in tact.

Kutulu
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Those are awesome figures, but we have no idea how much bigger or how much smaller the planet in Planet Hulk was. I have a feeling that the Planet Hulk world (Sakaar?) would probably be about the size of Mercury, seeing as large explosions (the size of which would more than likely be smaller than Alvarez impact) have happened on Earth several times, and the Earth has obviously stayed in tact.

Even if it was the size of Mercury, it would still take billions of tons of force to move tectonic plates.

Not to mention that he's strong enough to one-shot She-Hulk and then Ares like they're toilet paper:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Hulk-Shehulk2.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Hulkares.jpg

Not to mention, how many other characters can you think of that are strong enough to destroy adamantium:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkadamantium.jpg

MightyEInherjar
Even if it was the size of Mercury, it would still take billions of tons of force to move tectonic plates.

I agree.

There's tons of people that can do that, and it doesn't really show his current strength overshadowing anything else he used to do.

He didn't destroy the adamantium at all in that scan, he just ripped the statue from the ground. Besides, I'm pretty sure they retconned that event later on.

Kutulu
He didn't destroy the adamantium at all in that scan, he just ripped the statue from the ground. Besides, I'm pretty sure they retconned that event later on.

They retconned it to secondary adamantium, but he did in fact dig his fingers into the statue and not merely rip it from the ground.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/adamandigging.jpg

In addition check out these other scans:
Crushes an adamantium alloy:
http://img145.exs.cx/img145/7008/blastaar7os.jpg

Ties Doc Ock's adamantium arms into a bow:
http://img135.echo.cx/img135/5110/ock1d3kv.jpg

In this scan it states the machine can crush adamantium in 7.3 seconds, and it bites down right on top of Hulk's neck, yet he manages to endure it:
http://img99.echo.cx/img99/9221/durabilitydogowar3hm.jpg

He also dented Ultron who has an outer shell of adamantium:
http://img148.echo.cx/img148/4209/featsultron11cl.jpg
http://img148.echo.cx/img148/3866/featsultron1a2zz.jpg

How about just a base level strength check, of a Hulk pre-WWH:
Lifts a submarine with one hand (a modern submarine of that size would weight 7800 tons)
http://img129.exs.cx/img129/3789/submarine6sg.jpg

Or on Planet Hulk, lift a HUGE spaceship casually with one hand:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength1.jpg

How about ripping out a section of ground so big that throwing it was enough to destroy an entire mountain:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength3.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength4.jpg

Check out when he started going off on "classic" Juggernaut:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/juggslayout.jpg

Juggernaut was clearly winded from being punched.

And of course, the famous scan from Secret Wars of a Hulk that's weaker than his current incarnation in WWH:
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan100january1920069sw.jpg

One hundred and fifty BILLION tons.

MightyEInherjar
Heh, trust me, you don't need to remind me Hulk's feats...I'm a die-hard Hulk fan.

Gecko4lif
Hulks feats seem to speak otherwise

If he was really as stong as you say then why couldnt he beat ciera oldstrong?

She almost nuked him in 1 hit.

Kutulu
Hulks feats seem to speak otherwise

If he was really as stong as you say then why couldnt he beat ciera oldstrong?

She almost nuked him in 1 hit.

Umm... that was a What If storyline. What If stories are not canon.

vlaaad12345
Etrigan punched freaking superman all the way to the moon....I think that should go preety far in proving he could atleast break even with hulks strength.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Etrigan punched freaking superman all the way to the moon....I think that should go preety far in proving he could atleast break even with hulks strength.

uhhh... if he can hit superman to the moon he can hit hulk to the moon. isnt that BFR? so it wouldnt matter how much WWH can lift O_O cuz he will be on the moon....a loser on the moon.

Estacado
Can anyone post the "hit feat" of Etrigan?
Thanks.

Accel
Originally posted by SevenShackles
uhhh... if he can hit superman to the moon he can hit hulk to the moon. isnt that BFR? so it wouldnt matter how much WWH can lift O_O cuz he will be on the moon....a loser on the moon.
I don't think it's that simple. Thor's punched some one into orbit before, but he hasn't done that in any other of his fight before.

Really, what else has Etrigan done besides punching Superman to the moon?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by SevenShackles

You think hulk cant do the same thing to him.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
You think hulk cant do the same thing to him.

Never seen hulk hit anybody to the moon

THe closest thing in recent memory is him kicking monet to jersey

SevenShackles
Never seen hulk hit anybody to the moon

THe closest thing in recent memory is him kicking monet to jersey

yeah hulk seems more into beating people into paste than launching people into orbit. something etrigan would possibly try given the threat WWH would be.

Etrigan could do it but for the sake of the thread it might be better to say yeah he can, but what would happen in a straight up fight.

CaptainStoic

density of 2.7 g/cm3

WWH for the win, 10/10.

I am in full agreement with this entire statement. No one here has been able to counter this argument, only try to cover it up with Bullsh&t. They all know that Etrigan would get his ass beat. Great post.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Accel
I don't think it's that simple. Thor's punched some one into orbit before, but he hasn't done that in any other of his fight before.

Who did Thor punch into orbit? Was whoever it was the same caliber as Superman? Another thing, the moon is alot farther than just going into orbit.

People forget that Etrigan also has mystical abilities being that he is a demon. Because of this he was inducted as part of the "cosmic star" which included Highfather, Darkseid, Orion, and Dr. Fate to help defeat the Anti-Life Entity. Any member of that cosmic star would pwn Hulk with Orion having the most trouble but with the Astro Force he could get the job done.

CaptainStoic
Strange was a mystical being of greater stature than Etrigan.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Strange was a mystical being of greater stature than Etrigan.
And if wwh actually beat strange in a real fight that would matter...strange jobbing to hulk doesnt count.

CaptainStoic
Hulk won the fight, that is all that matters here. Etrigan would lose as well. What could etrigan do to him, and why is everyone ignoring the feats that Hulk did when stopping the plates from colliding? Etrigan would be crushed in the attempt.

Accel
Who did Thor punch into orbit? Was whoever it was the same caliber as Superman? Another thing, the moon is alot farther than just going into orbit.
It was an Asgardian warrior. IIRC he was able to give Thor a good fight in H2H.

My main point is that he's doesn't punch people into orbit on a regularly basis.

People forget that Etrigan also has mystical abilities being that he is a demon. Because of this he was inducted as part of the "cosmic star" which included Highfather, Darkseid, Orion, and Dr. Fate to help defeat the Anti-Life Entity. Any member of that cosmic star would pwn Hulk with Orion having the most trouble but with the Astro Force he could get the job done.
Good for him. So what's he done?

Accel
Hulk won the fight, that is all that matters here.
No... it really doesn't.

MightyEInherjar
Punching someone into orbit isn't really that great of a strength feat...

I mean, how much could Superman, Etrigan, or that Asgardian Warrior way? Probably anywhere from 250-700lbs...which is a weight anyone who is at least class 50 should have no problem picking up and flinging around like a doll.

Hell, the Thing could walk up to Superman and probably punch him to the moon, given that Superman gave him the free punch (although I seriously doubt it would hurt him).

Galan007
Strange was a mystical being of greater stature than Etrigan. And Strange remarked that he could defeat Hulk with the merest flick of his finger or somesuch -- He simply never even tried to do so.

So please do not even attempt to say that WWH > Strange. srsly

vlaaad12345
Punching someone into orbit isn't really that great of a strength feat...

I mean, how much could Superman, Etrigan, or that Asgardian Warrior way? Probably anywhere from 250-700lbs...which is a weight anyone who is at least class 50 should have no problem picking up and flinging around like a doll.

Hell, the Thing could walk up to Superman and probably punch him to the moon, given that Superman gave him the free punch (although I seriously doubt it would hurt him).
Except supermans body is as durable as a planet(probably more)so...alot of the force would be dissapated on impact,if etrigan threw him to the moon you would be correct but he punched him there,its a big difference.

Kutulu
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Except supermans body is as durable as a planet(probably more)so...alot of the force would be dissapated on impact,if etrigan threw him to the moon you would be correct but he punched him there,its a big difference.

Superman only weighs a couple hundred pounds. Punching him to the moon is not that big of a strength feat. Hulk has smashed a planetoid twice the mass of the Earth, that's a bigger strength feat than knocking a 200 lb guy to the moon.

Superman's body being durable has nothing to do with his mass.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Galan007
And Strange remarked that he could defeat Hulk with the merest flick of his finger or somesuch -- He simply never even tried to do so.

So please do not even attempt to say that WWH > Strange. srsly

He's most likely referring to the strange / Zom combination, which is actually relevant to the fight, and here is why: Strange / Zom was a top tier mystical being with insane strength along with brute mystic force. Facing Etrigan would probably go similarly; there is nothing Etrigan can do to put out Hulk for good. Sure he will put some serious damage on Hulk in the beginning of the fight, but the longer the fight goes on the less likely Etrigan has a chance of winning.

In the first few pages of the fight Hulk would be taking lots of damage, but in a page or so later it would be completely healed.

Yes of course it's true that if Strange just used a spell on WWH to BFR him or worse, Hulk would have been dead, nobody doubts that, but it's shown that Hulk does have some amount of resistance to even mystic attacks. Hulk has broken the bands of Cytorrak cast by Strange, he has resisted Strange's mind attack, and he has fought mystic class beings before and won.

Etrigan doesn't have the multitude and variety of spells that Strange has either, so his mystical strengths won't be much use in this battle. Hulk has already survived being struck by Storm's lightning and a full forced Nova flame from Human Torch and wasn't even phased, so Etrigan's Hellfire isn't going to K.O. him. We have seen that Hulk possesses an inordinate resistance to heat and cold in past iterations; WWH form only ampilfies those resistances even further.

Galan007
Hulk has smashed a planetoid twice the mass of the Earth, This feat would go more towards Hulk's durability than his strength -- .

Firing a high caliber bullet at a watermelon, isn't that much different then this particular feat -- imo.

vlaaad12345
Superman only weighs a couple hundred pounds. Punching him to the moon is not that big of a strength feat. Hulk has smashed a planetoid twice the mass of the Earth, that's a bigger strength feat than knocking a 200 lb guy to the moon.

Superman's body being durable has nothing to do with his mass.
Yes it does...supermans superdurable body would absorb alot of the energy on impact...your delusional if you think that all you need is a couple tons of striking strength to move superman,and hulk got thrown into the asteroid I believe.

CaptainStoic
He's most likely referring to the strange / Zom combination, which is actually relevant to the fight, and here is why: Strange / Zom was a top tier mystical being with insane strength along with brute mystic force. Facing Etrigan would probably go similarly; there is nothing Etrigan can do to put out Hulk for good. Sure he will put some serious damage on Hulk in the beginning of the fight, but the longer the fight goes on the less likely Etrigan has a chance of winning.

In the first few pages of the fight Hulk would be taking lots of damage, but in a page or so later it would be completely healed.

Yes of course it's true that if Strange just used a spell on WWH to BFR him or worse, Hulk would have been dead, nobody doubts that, but it's shown that Hulk does have some amount of resistance to even mystic attacks. Hulk has broken the bands of Cytorrak cast by Strange, he has resisted Strange's mind attack, and he has fought mystic class beings before and won.

Etrigan doesn't have the multitude and variety of spells that Strange has either, so his mystical strengths won't be much use in this battle. Hulk has already survived being struck by Storm's lightning and a full forced Nova flame from Human Torch and wasn't even phased, so Etrigan's Hellfire isn't going to K.O. him. We have seen that Hulk possesses an inordinate resistance to heat and cold in past iterations; WWH form only ampilfies those resistances even further.

You are doing well, no one addresses your points, they skim around them. I agree with you completely.

Sundipped
It was an Asgardian warrior. IIRC he was able to give Thor a good fight in H2H.

Ok so Superman>>>>Asgardian warrior

Maybe not but the strength can't be denied.

Just being a part of that star should tell u what he's capable of. Any 1 on that star would trash Hulk. Why do u need any more feats?

psycho gundam
hulk smash puny demon

tjcoady

except that Strange says that before he gets his hands broken, and is referring only to himself, not to the Strange/Zom combo. sooo... no.

llagrok
Breaking the bands of cyttorak and resisting telepathy =/= resistance to mystic attacks.

Accel

Sundipped
Even if said Asgardian warrior was able to go toe-to-toe with Thor in fisticuffs?

Thor still only knocked him into orbit. Supes was knocked to the moon. I don't see Thor knocking Supes even into orbit. IMO Supes is capable of at least stalemating Thor.

For Etrigans powerset it could be more than a 1 time thing. Clapping out a entire cosmos is just complete bull. Hulk is in no way a cosmic or abstract being nor does he emit enough gamma radiation to accomplish such a feat.

U missed my point. The whole reason for Etrigans being a part of the star was because his powerset balanced out with every 1 elses so Dr. Fate could cordinate their attack against the Anti-Life entity. This was not a formulated team like the Defenders.

TricksterPriest
As LP once said, breaking the crimson bands is PIS. They are the force that holds the universe together. Hulk sure as hell ain't that strong. srsly

Regarding that huge well of energy that Etrigan is credited with in the cosmic cinque, Etrigan was not able to tap that power directly.

Etrigan is probably smart enough to BFR Hulk. Magically, probably. Physically? I'm kinda dubious about that prospect. I don't think Etrigan can take Hulk in a fistfight. Scans to the contrary will make me change my mind.

But so far I see Hulk taking a strong majority. And for the love of god, stop saying WWH>Dr. Strange. no It's just plain not true.

psycho gundam
wwh crushes your favorite characters, and its about time, deal with it.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wwh crushes your favorite characters, and its about time, deal with it. http://neshorsemen.myrmid.com/article/sw2001/fanboy.jpg

Kutulu
In regards to the moon thing, Hulk can simply jump back if that were the case:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry2.jpg

Note how casually he hopped from the moon back to the planet, and how casually he survived re-entry, all while not even being mad in the slightest.

That's at non-amped, base level, folks.

TricksterPriest
Hmm. Not bad. I give Hulk his props. thumb up

Kutulu
Hulk even tossed pre-crisis Superman into outspace with one shot during the crossover.
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2859/supermanihvs1b7rg.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5104/supermanihvs1c0ib.jpg

Bransolute

Really, what else has Etrigan done besides punching Superman to the moon? Thor had the power of the Runes when he punched someone into orbit.

Earlier, at normal power, Thor got his wrists broken, his leg snapped, his face smashed, from the guy he punched to orbit.

Harold was one of the biggest beasts I've ever seen on Marvel Earth. Dr Strange was scared of him. He would eat any body on Marvel Earth ('cept the ones that do nothing, like Tiamut, and MM).
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5285/thorvikings2p01gx7.th.jpg http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5827/thorvikings2p02mg4.th.jpg http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7554/thorvikings2p03uo7.th.jpg http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8836/thorvikings2p06bm2.th.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2695/thorvikings2p07gh6.th.jpg http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8721/thorvikings2p10wm9.th.jpg http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8896/thorvikings2p11yu2.th.jpg http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8291/thorvikings2p13pk8.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8209/thorvikings2p14hu3.th.jpg

UniOmni
Originally posted by Galan007
This feat would go more towards Hulk's durability than his strength -- .

Firing a high caliber bullet at a watermelon, isn't that much different then this particular feat -- imo.

Remember this line the next time someone tries to pass off the Superman splitting a moon of saturn feat off as a strength feat.

I myself put it more towards his speed, than strength, but it's always nice to see you're not the only one with common sense.

Bransolute
Originally posted by UniOmni
Remember this line the next time someone tries to pass off the Superman splitting a moon of saturn feat off as a strength feat.

I myself put it more towards his speed, than strength, but it's always nice to see you're not the only one with common sense. It has nothing to do with strength.

It's speed + durability.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Bransolute
Thor had the power of the Runes when he punched someone into orbit.

Earlier, at normal power, Thor got his wrists broken, his leg snapped, his face smashed, from the guy he punched to orbit.

Harold was one of the biggest beasts I've ever seen on Marvel Earth. Dr Strange was scared of him. He would eat any body on Marvel Earth ('cept the ones that do nothing, like Tiamut, and MM).
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5285/thorvikings2p01gx7.th.jpg http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5827/thorvikings2p02mg4.th.jpg http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7554/thorvikings2p03uo7.th.jpg http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8836/thorvikings2p06bm2.th.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2695/thorvikings2p07gh6.th.jpg http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8721/thorvikings2p10wm9.th.jpg http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8896/thorvikings2p11yu2.th.jpg http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8291/thorvikings2p13pk8.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8209/thorvikings2p14hu3.th.jpg

Hell yes.

The Vikings was a badass run.

Shin_Nikkolas
---EDIT---

Shin_Nikkolas
I love the PIS rule.

It's like "he did this..but so what?"

It's obvious random nobodies on the internet know more than the comic writers.

"Hulk did this. It totally kicks ass!"

*person with no argument and zero debating skill who's been owned* It's PIS!!!!!!!!

So, as I'm not conceited, I'll look at the facts and not ignore what I don't like. Looking at the facts, Hulk has better feats by far. Such as the Crimson Bands feat.

Bransolute
Hell yes.

The Vikings was a badass run. First Max series I read... needless to say, I was surprised. no expression

Awesome run, and writing though.

Gecko4lif
Hulk even tossed pre-crisis Superman into outspace with one shot during the crossover.
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2859/supermanihvs1b7rg.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5104/supermanihvs1c0ib.jpg

noncannon crossovers

Estacado
no expression
"He is fast"
Huc>>>>PC Superman>>>Flash in speed.

Martian_mind
Wow.

I really,really need to make that Etrigan respect thread...

Kutulu
noncannon crossovers

I know it's non-canon, I just posted it because I thought it might make a few people chuckle.

Rhinoceros

Check out when he started going off on "classic" Juggernaut:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/juggslayout.jpg

Juggernaut was clearly winded from being punched.

Wasn't that a mere illusion?

Hasn't Namor broken down those same bands? It's old news that he's very resistant to TP, so nothing new there. Also, Wolverine has fought against Hulk before and won. Doesn't mean he would win always.

starlock
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Wow.

When i first saw this thread, i went to look for his respect thread....not sure who would win, but from the little i do know about etrigan. i will go with wwhulk ,so i am only guessing

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Wow.

was thinking the same thing

Kutulu
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Wasn't that a mere illusion?

The Juggernaut really did get punched. They were trying to project an illusion into Hulk's mind, and he overpowered it and punched Juggernaut for real.

Kutulu
Originally posted by starlock
When i first saw this thread, i went to look for his respect thread....not sure who would win, but from the little i do know about etrigan. i will go with wwhulk ,so i am only guessing

Etrigan is a very powerful Demon. He went toe to toe with Lobo with no difficulty, and their strength and durability seemed to be matched fairly evenly. As mentioned earlier in this thread, he is no slouch in either the strength or durability departments, and he can also project extremely hot demon fire breath.

That being said, he just does not have what it takes to put down WWH for the count. Beginning of the match would start off in Etrigan's favor, as his base strength starts out higher, but that advantage will quickly evaporate a few seconds into the fight.

I actually have a lot of respect for Etrigan and own quite a few of his comics. The story where he tries to take over Hell is awesome and a good read.

Hulk during the Planet Hulk saga, at base level, could jump from the moon to his planet, survive the freefall and just land into the ground, and get up smiling, not angry in the slightest. He could also lift up a spaceship that based upon it's size looked like it would weigh anywhere from 10,000 tons on up. That's at his base level before the WWH transformation took over, which amplified his base level of strength tremendously, since he was taught to meditate on his rage and hold that state of anger indefinitely.

I have a great deal of respect for Etrigan, but he just doesn't have what it takes to win this fight. As everybody who ready WWH4 saw, Hulk can get a hole blown through his mid-section and have it fully healed within mere seconds. In WWH 5 Sentry comes flying at him and punches him full force and he gets up like nothing.

The thread starter who said that WWH's base strength is 320 tons is a joke. We see him lift far a spaceship that would be in the 10,000 ton range with a single hand, not straining in the least, in a calm state no less, and this is pre-WWH levels of strength. His base strength as WWH would have to be at least in the hundreds of thousands of tons.

Horrificus

The thread starter who said that WWH's base strength is 320 tons is a joke. We see him lift far a spaceship that would be in the 10,000 ton range with a single hand, not straining in the least, in a calm state no less, and this is pre-WWH levels of strength. His base strength as WWH would have to be at least in the hundreds of thousands of tons.

You see, at some point, we have to call "foul" on these rediculous feats, or they can't be used, unless there is more of an explanation.

If a writer has an ordinary french poodle, walk onto the pages, and kill Galactus, without any explanation, should it be used?

Or, if a frog hops out of a pond, and destroys a house, is that canon?

I will tell you this: 10,000 tons, concentrated at one point of the structure, (as he picks it up with one hand), is a joke! All that weight, focused at one point on the hull, would tear right through.

Rule #1
That's how DAMAGE works! Bullets, blades, spikes and spears. Get it?

A 150 billion ton mountain, with all it's weight focused onto the two peices of rock that the Hulk was holding, would have just crumbled into dust in his hands, with the mountain falling around him, unless it was on a gigantic plate of adamantium.

Again, see Rule #1, above.

At least Gladiator and the Baxter Building was explained away as TK.

Just remember, it has been proven time and time again, that the clothes worn by the hulk, are just as resilient as his hide. If we go by panel.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Horrificus
You see, at some point, we have to call "foul" on these rediculous feats, or they can't be used, unless there is more of an explanation.

If a writer has an ordinary french poodle, walk onto the pages, and kill Galactus, without any explanation, should it be used?

Or, if a frog hops out of a pond, and destroys a house, is that canon?

I will tell you this: 10,000 tons, concentrated at one point of the structure, (as he picks it up with one hand), is a joke! All that weight, focused at one point on the hull, would tear right through.

Rule #1
That's how DAMAGE works! Bullets, blades, spikes and spears. Get it?

A 150 billion ton mountain, with all it's weight focused onto the two peices of rock that the Hulk was holding, would have just crumbled into dust in his hands, with the mountain falling around him, unless it was on a gigantic plate of adamantium.

Again, see Rule #1, above.

At least Gladiator and the Baxter Building was explained away as TK.

Just remember, it has been proven time and time again, that the clothes worn by the hulk, are just as resilient as his hide. If we go by panel.

ANY hero who has strength beyond a few tons and can lift a building or a spaceship has to have TK in some form or another, otherwise all of comicdom would be PIS.

Therefore it's only logical that he has tactile TK, as I stated earlier, when I mentioned that Hulk has been able to rip through energy before using only his hands (physically impossible), or recovering from getting his arm phased into the ground by Kitty (physically impossible without either tacticle TK, shapechanging, or a combination of both).

To further prove the point, during some of his battles it actually shook multiple dimensions, another feat that would be impossible with only pure physical strength.

Don't forget that Hulk beat the crap out of Gladiator, who can move planets, destroy planets, and easily survive being in the core of a sun.

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/7231/blip28zw.jpg

Kutulu
Here is the scan when Hulk fought Ironclad and the effects rippled through countless dimensions:
http://img99.echo.cx/img99/5029/ironcladcollision8wn.jpg

Here he smashes his way through a time storm (yet when DC allows Superman One Million to smash through the time barrier, nobody questions it, Hulk does something similar and everybody is in an uproar).
http://img219.echo.cx/img219/9757/featstimestorm9qs.jpg

Face it, Hulk possesses more than just physical power. He can see and affect Astral and energy forms that other people can't even perceive. He trapped Vision inside of his body. He recovered from having his arms phased into the ground, and resisted the combined telepathic abilities of both Professor Xavier and Emma Frost.

He's no mere common brick.

Kutulu
Here is an excellent example of Hulk's resistance amping up along with his anger:
http://img145.exs.cx/img145/4783/genis5qn.jpg

MightyEInherjar
Here is the scan when Hulk fought Ironclad and the effects rippled through countless dimensions:

Here he smashes his way through a time storm (yet when DC allows Superman One Million to smash through the time barrier, nobody questions it, Hulk does something similar and everybody is in an uproar).

Face it, Hulk possesses more than just physical power. He can see and affect Astral and energy forms that other people can't even perceive. He trapped Vision inside of his body. He recovered from having his arms phased into the ground, and resisted the combined telepathic abilities of both Professor Xavier and Emma Frost.

He's no mere common brick.

thumb up

People get so furious at Hulk fanboys that they don't bother to take him serious for once and actually try to think out his feats.

He's got so many "PIS" feats that they're not even PIS anymore...he consistently has done off the wall feats that people refuse to believe capable from a common brick.

Kutulu
thumb up

People get so furious at Hulk fanboys that they don't bother to take him serious for once and actually try to think out his feats.

He's got so many "PIS" feats that they're not even PIS anymore...he consistently has done off the wall feats that people refuse to believe capable from a common brick.

My point exactly.

Let's look at his ability to grab energy with his hands - you could say it was PIS if it happened once or twice, but when he's done it tens of times over the course of 40 years, it's no longer PIS, it's now part of his powerset. When he casually lifts a ten thousand ton spaceship with one arm while he's not angry, that's just how much stronger Planet Hulk has made him, it's not PIS anymore. If you're going to say him lifting the spaceship without it collapsing is PIS, then you have to say the same thing about Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, etc. - the list goes on and on, there is no reason to single out the Hulk for using tactile TK.

Horrificus
I personally can't stand the character because of this stuff. But, if it was just finally explained, as Kutulu and I are saying, that a lot of the BIG things he is doing, isn't just a matter of "strong", it would be easier to swallow, and more interesting.

As far as I can tell, the only character that has ever been able to even effect and destroy Hulk's clothes, was when Vector flayed the meat off him.

Indestructible clothes, lifting a mountain without his feet sinking into the ground, adamantium-crushing robots that can't even cut his often-cut skin.

Sounds like we are talking about "force fields" of some sort.

bobbi
Yeah basically every super strong comic character makes no sense. Lifting incredibly large objects without it falling apart, surviving/holding black holes, everything pre-crisis superman has done... I think we can assume they're possible in comics without some extra telekinesis or something since it happens so much. (although it is nice if they offer some explanation, it happens enough that we don't really need it to accept the feat. Like how people with no powers can dodge bullets after they've been fired...)

And we all know the explanation for indestructible clothes (which is on pretty much every superhero anyway). Like was said before, if it happens once, you can call it PIS, if it happens again and again thats part of his powerset.

oh and it technically was an adamantium "crushing" robot. so maybe it can just crush adamantium and not cut it :P (That was suppose to be a weak joke. That feat is kind of annoying to me too.)

Bouboumaster
Who have win? Sentry or Hulk?

Gecko4lif
Here is an excellent example of Hulk's resistance amping up along with his anger:
http://img145.exs.cx/img145/4783/genis5qn.jpg

oh dear god

hulk has nipples... hard nipples....

Horrificus
oh dear god

hulk has nipples... hard nipples....

By the Hoary Hosts of Haggoth!!! They even gave Hulk's nipple an areola!!!

I seem to have pooped in my trousers.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Horrificus
By the Hoary Hosts of Haggoth!!! They even gave Hulk's nipple an areola!!!

I seem to have pooped in my trousers.

laughing

h1a8
With all common sense (and no lying to myself and without the slightest bias) WWH isn't as strong as Etrigan on average. Let's say that the probability that Hulk's strength exceeds that of Etrigan is 10% (after all, it is less than 10% of the time that Hulk arguebly shows equal or greater strength than that of Etrigan). Now a lot of Hulk fans always say that the more Hulk gets beat down then the more stronger he will become. This is true to a certain extent. But what if Hulk gets beat to the point of ko? There's no getting stronger there. Now many if not all of Hulk fans will deny that its even possible for anyone to Ko Hulk. Now this is utter absurdity. For Hulk has been Koed countless times. Thus it is certainly possible for that to happen.

Now in this forum characters are to use the best strategy available as long as it is within their character to do so. It is well within Etrigan's character to hit hulk into space for the win. So this is the exact strategy it will employ in this fight.

But that is if Etrigan hits Hulk first (something that it's fast enough to do).
So, for the sake of argument, I will give Hulk a 30% chance of hitting Etrigan first and a 10% chance that WWH is capable of finishing it after this hit. So that means WWH has a 3% chance of winning (or preventing himself from being hit to space). Thus it is clear that Etrigan wins the majority here due to BFR.

Now one last thing. It literally takes an unimaginable force to hit or even less throw anyone into orbit. I've calculated the force that Hulk needs to jump a 1 mile vertical distance (which equates to an approximate 3 mile horizontal distance) and the number isn't pretty by any means. This is because air resistance is a super bi#4tch. So launching anyone in orbit will be have even a more very very nasty number to it. And launcing anyone to the moon will have an utterly disgusting number.

Bouboumaster
Hulk win. Hulk isn't a one dimensional brick like people seems to think... He got asside "abilities" and a will power that maked him beat Thor, and would make him beat Etrigan.

What happened in the last fight against Sentry?

Accel
Originally posted by h1a8
With all common sense (and no lying to myself and without the slightest bias) WWH isn't as strong as Etrigan on average. Let's say that the probability that Hulk's strength exceeds that of Etrigan is 10% (after all, it is less than 10% of the time that Hulk arguebly shows equal or greater strength than that of Etrigan).
So, what else has Etrigan done besides the punch-to-the-moon feat?

h1a8
So, what else has Etrigan done besides the punch-to-the-moon feat?

good point!
That feat might be PIS. You guys know better than me as I know almost nothing of Etrigan, except that feat and that he has some form of superhuman speed. So if it is consistent for Etrigan to have that type of strength then it definitely wins the majority.

Kutulu
Originally posted by h1a8
But what if Hulk gets beat to the point of ko? There's no getting stronger there.

Sentry flew at the Hulk during WWH 5 with full force, enough force to shatter a huge whole in the stadium as a side effect, Hulk got back up no problem. This is the same Sentry that broke Terrax's axe like it was nothing (Terrax the herald of Galactus).

Hulk can do the exact same thing to Etrigan.

50 % of all statistics are bullshit.

Look at the scans I posted. Hulk jumped from the moon, to planet Sakaar, while non-enraged, survived freefall onto the planet, and got back up with a smile on his face like nothing happened. Tell me how much strength that would require, then realize that is a non-enraged Hulk. That is to say that this is a weaker Hulk then he is at his WWH levels.

Hulk ripped out a chunk of the ground so huge that he shattered a mountain with it. He held the tectonic plates of a planet together while getting burned with magma. There is no way that Etrigan will KO the Hulk through pure physical force. His only chance will be through BFR, and if you look at the character of Etrigan himself, that's not something that is in his character to do.

Etrigan loves to fight, and he loves to receive pain as much as he likes dishing it out, it's part of his demonic heritage.

Kutulu
Here is Sentry punching Hulk full force:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/jarrodportwood/stupidsentry.jpg

Hulk getting back up like nothing proceeds to battle Sentry:
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/worldwarhulk/05/WWHPreview6.jpg

This is the same Sentry that manhandled a herald of Galactus like nothing:
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010150oe.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010169mw.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010170vk.jpg

Hulk has also beaten Gladiator to a pulp, who can literally destroy planets by punching them and travel through the heart of a sun.

Hulk has fought and won against people who can destroy planets. He can hold together tectonic plates and can smash mountains like nothing.

He has experience fighting people that can move fast as well. Etrigan isn't close to being as fast as Superman. Just because he punched Superman doesnt' mean he's a speedster, slower heroes land punches all the time in comics.

Etrigan's physical attacks are just not strong enough to K.O. Hulk in one shot, at least not in his WWH phase. If you were saying this was versus Savage Hulk, then yeah Etrigan would stand a good chance of winning. WWH however isn't going to fight like an idiot and let himself get punched into outer space or the moon.

h1a8
Sentry flew at the Hulk during WWH 5 with full force, enough force to shatter a huge whole in the stadium as a side effect, Hulk got back up no problem. This is the same Sentry that broke Terrax's axe like it was nothing (Terrax the herald of Galactus).

Hulk can do the exact same thing to Etrigan.

50 % of all statistics are bullshit.

Look at the scans I posted. Hulk jumped from the moon, to planet Sakaar, while non-enraged, survived freefall onto the planet, and got back up with a smile on his face like nothing happened. Tell me how much strength that would require, then realize that is a non-enraged Hulk. That is to say that this is a weaker Hulk then he is at his WWH levels.

Hulk ripped out a chunk of the ground so huge that he shattered a mountain with it. He held the tectonic plates of a planet together while getting burned with magma. There is no way that Etrigan will KO the Hulk through pure physical force. His only chance will be through BFR, and if you look at the character of Etrigan himself, that's not something that is in his character to do.

Etrigan loves to fight, and he loves to receive pain as much as he likes dishing it out, it's part of his demonic heritage.

1. You are implying that Sentry is strong as or stronger than Etrigan just because he broke Terrax's axe. You know that energy powers could have played a role in that breaking right? Plus how do you know that Etrigan couldn't do the same?

2. Yes Hulk could do the same to Etrigan but only less than 3% probability for the probability of his strength being sufficienct multiplied with the probability that he hits Etrigan first, whose faster, is less than 3%. But guess what? Etrigan can fly back and Hulk can't.

3. And guess what? You are also using the silly reasoning that I warned about in my previous post. You are implying that it's impossible for anyone to KO hulk off physical force. How do you know how strong Etrigan is? Plus Etrigan don't have to ko Hulk. He could just BFR him (which is in his character). Otherwise, you are saying that he will punch Hulk into space and then go an retrieve him so that he can fight with him some more. Sounds nutty but you know Etrigan better than me.

h1a8
Here is Sentry punching Hulk full force:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/jarrodportwood/stupidsentry.jpg

Hulk getting back up like nothing proceeds to battle Sentry:
http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/worldwarhulk/05/WWHPreview6.jpg

This is the same Sentry that manhandled a herald of Galactus like nothing:
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010150oe.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010169mw.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010170vk.jpg

Hulk has also beaten Gladiator to a pulp, who can literally destroy planets by punching them and travel through the heart of a sun.

Hulk has fought and won against people who can destroy planets. He can hold together tectonic plates and can smash mountains like nothing.

He has experience fighting people that can move fast as well. Etrigan isn't close to being as fast as Superman. Just because he punched Superman doesnt' mean he's a speedster, slower heroes land punches all the time in comics.

Etrigan's physical attacks are just not strong enough to K.O. Hulk in one shot, at least not in his WWH phase. If you were saying this was versus Savage Hulk, then yeah Etrigan would stand a good chance of winning. WWH however isn't going to fight like an idiot and let himself get punched into outer space or the moon.

Sentry is not necessarily stronger than Etrigan. Hulk's strength and durability is not constant. He will not always have the strength or durability that his fantastic feats shows. Thus that is why I give him a probability on these. And Etrigan, while not being fast as Superman, does have super speed. But I did give Hulk a huge chunk of probability that he can hit Etrigan first. Which was very generous on my part knowing that Hulk is slower.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Etrigan has dynamic power lvls much like the Hulk. I do know that Etrigan lived thru a blast from the ALE. Solar System Shattering blast. Now He was knocked out, but he lived.

h1a8

You should also know that Gladiator's strength and durability is not constant as well. Hell, Classic Colossus went toe to toe with him. Just because Hulk beat him up doesn't mean he beat a planet busting being up that can travel through the heart of a sun. I need to see that feat nonetheless. Please post it or point me to the direction in which I can find it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.