Sheena

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
A girl from the flourishing world of Tethe'alla, Sheena is originally sent to Sylvarant by the Pope and the King with orders to assassinate Colette Brunel. However, after helping the party save the humans in the Asgard ranch, Sheena joins the party. Sheena is a skilled warrior from Mizuho, a hidden village of ninja. She is tough but kindhearted, and is always accompanied by Corrine, the only man-made Summon Spirit and Sheena's best friend. Because of her good looks and impressive figure, Zelos Wilder loves to flirt with her; but she usually manages to set him straight, often in a violent way.

At the age of nine, Sheena ventured to the Temple of Lightning with people from Mizuho in order to form a pact with Volt, the Summon Spirit of Lightning. Unfortunately, Volt went into a rage, killing a quarter of Mizuho's population and causing the chief of Mizuho (her adoptive grandfather) to fall into a coma. The causes are not explicitly revealed, but presumably, Sheena was too young and inexperienced to attempt to make a pact (which involves fighting the Spirit). Volt later suggests that Sheena's first attempt at pact-making failed because he was unwilling to deal with humans. It is also possible that the attempt failed because no one in the group present at the pact-forming attempt could understand Volt, the only Summon Spirit that does not use human speech; Sheena says "It's just like before! What the hell is he saying?" before Raine translates. It is because of this incident that many of her fellow ninja bear a deep grudge against her. However, Kuchinawa, who lost his parents, seems to the only one to actively seek vengeance; his brother, Orochi insists that it was an accident and that Sheena should not duel Kuchinawa, and other members tell Sheena to persevere when it becomes clear that she must make a pact with Volt.

Armed with a variety of magic-infused seals, Sheena proves a decent melee fighter, and has many techniques that can lower an opponent's statistics or inflict various status ailments or special effects (such as causing them to stagger for longer periods of time). More importantly, however, she can call upon powerful Summon Spirits to aid the party in battle. These summoning abilities are also vital to the storyline, such as when she summons Undine to save the group from falling to their deaths on the Tethe'alla bridge, or uses the Summon Spirits of Tethe'alla to save the world from the out-of-control Giant Tree. With the exception of Corrine, she can only summon when she is in Overlimit mode, and at a heavy cost to her Tech Points; however, because Overlimit prevents the enemy from interrupting Sheena's incantations, Summon Spirits supply guaranteed damage (and a lot of it at that) to any enemies nearby.

http://handarax.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1128527042.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9683/sheena144qy.jpg

http://img60.exs.cx/img60/5823/tos15489hk8cv.jpg

shin_gear
T1tjob ftw

ESB -1138

http://images.quizilla.com/T/ToS0708/1127532329_sheena.JPG

http://talesofclover.canalblog.com/images/Sheena_01.jpg

Venomous Yoshi
Tales of Symphonia is my favorite RPG game.

I had Sheena in my party most of the time because she had summoning powers.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Tales of Symphonia is my favorite RPG game.

I had Sheena in my party most of the time because she had summoning powers.

Same here; Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena, and Raine was my time most of the time. Lloyd and Kratos for some uber combos; Sheena for her Overlimit summoning and stat effecting spells, and Raine for her healing powers.

shin_gear
Namco makes great RPG's, lolz.

I was shocked when I figured out Namco made PACMAN!

ESB -1138
That's common knowledge right there. But Namco does make some good games; I was disappointed at their attempt at Star Fox though. Nintendo does a better job with Star Fox.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Same here; Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena, and Raine was my time most of the time. Lloyd and Kratos for some uber combos; Sheena for her Overlimit summoning and stat effecting spells, and Raine for her healing powers.

My usual team was Presea, Genis, Sheena, and Kratos.
Originally posted by shin_gear
Namco makes great RPG's, lolz.
Of course.

ESB -1138
My usual team was Presea, Genus, Sheena, and Kratos.

Kratos was the coolest character in the game.

Venomous Yoshi
He was okay.

shin_gear
T.ITTIES!!!!!

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by shin_gear
T.ITTIES!!!!!

ermm Are you okay?

Ozone
Sheena is very pretty.

Ridley_Prime
Ah yes. The infamous 19-year old ninja chick with the big chest. Always been my favorite ToS character (not simply because of that, though).

And eh, not sure if any of you know this, but there's this ToS OVA (anime series) they've been making. You should be able to find a few episodes of it on veoh (a video site very similar to youtube), with Sheena being in a couple of 'em, but it's all in Japanese with english text at the bottom.

*has to go for now*

ESB -1138
Really? I'll have to look this OVA up.

Venomous Yoshi
I heard of the Tales of Symphonia anime series and saw some pictures of it.

It looks great.

Ridley_Prime
Really? I'll have to look this OVA up.
Yeah. It's based off of the game (needless to say), but there are quite a few things in this anime that contradict some parts of the story in the game, as you'll see by watching it...

Still pretty good nonetheless. Anyhow, here's the first episode that has Sheena in it.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v979696kyjCbzRE

But apparently you have to download a veoh player there to be able to watch the whole episodes (the above is just a 5 minute preview).
'tis okay though, as downloading it's free and doesn't cause problems or anything.

Of course, if you don't want to go through the trouble to watch it, that's understandable.

And I guess that's it for now. >.>

Venomous Yoshi
Hopefully, the Tales of Symphonia anime will make it to North America.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. It's based off of the game (needless to say), but there are quite a few things in this anime that contradict some parts of the story in the game, as you'll see by watching it...

Still pretty good nonetheless. Anyhow, here's the first episode that has Sheena in it.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v979696kyjCbzRE

But apparently you have to download a veoh player there to be able to watch the whole episodes (the above is just a 5 minute preview).
'tis okay though, as downloading it's free and doesn't cause problems or anything.

Of course, if you don't want to go through the trouble to watch it, that's understandable.

And I guess that's it for now. >.>

Tales of Symphonia anime that comes to the US would be the first anime I would actually want to watch since Yu-Gi-Oh!

Venomous Yoshi
I'm pretty sure that the anime is just as good as the game.

It might be better.

Ridley_Prime
Tales of Symphonia anime that comes to the US would be the first anime I would actually want to watch since Yu-Gi-Oh!
Heh. Same here, I guess (assuming it did come to the U.S., and was completely translated, and all that).

It might be better.
As far as the story goes, nah. Not really (based off of the episodes I saw so far).

Instead of being forced to fight (and kill) "deal old granny Marbel" after getting turned into a monster by an ex-sphere, Lloyd ended up killing Forcystus in Iselia instead (which then he gets banished from the village by the mayor), and in the episode after that, Colette's Angel Feathers nearly kills Magnius >_>, whereas in the game, it hardly would've done anything to him.

Things just happen out of order/out of place in the anime... though you do get to see Dirk fight some Desians, which is pretty cool, but other than that, I like the story & events of the game more-so.

Venomous Yoshi
Oh, okay.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As far as the story goes, nah. Not really (based off of the episodes I saw so far).

Instead of being forced to fight (and kill) "deal old granny Marbel" after getting turned into a monster by an ex-sphere, Lloyd ended up killing Forcystus in Iselia instead (which then he gets banished from the village by the mayor), and in the episode after that, Colette's Angel Feathers nearly kills Magnius >_>, whereas in the game, it hardly would've done anything to him.

Things just happen out of order/out of place in the anime... though you do get to see Dirk fight some Desians, which is pretty cool, but other than that, I like the story & events of the game more-so.

Well that kind of sucks. I hate it when an anime or anything would contradict the game like that.

Ridley_Prime
Well that kind of sucks. I hate it when an anime or anything would contradict the game like that.
Yeah. Same here...

And because of that, chances are, the ToS anime is non-canon.

Venomous Yoshi
At least we can play the game. smile

General Lenko
At least the game will stay true to the roots.

Venomous Yoshi
Did you ever play this game, General Lenko?

General Lenko
Please don't call me that.

and yes.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by General Lenko

That's your name.

What else am I suppose to call you?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by General Lenko

and yes.

...that's your name.

General Lenko
I miss my Old name so, I have changed it again.

Once it has gone through.

Venomous Yoshi
Until then, I'm calling you by what I see: General Lenko.

General Lenko
Fine.

Venomous Yoshi
So, who were your usual team?

General Lenko
With all due respect VY, Who are you talking to?

Venomous Yoshi
no expression You.

Ridley_Prime
So, who were your usual team?
Lloyd, Sheena, Presea (at other times, Genis for the 3rd slot), and Raine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.