What Grinds Your Gears...The Official Bitching Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt Spaulding
rant, and share complaints, I'm openly using my first amendment abilities to make this thread, and further more, this is potentially a positive criticism thread. So rant about delays, faults, and anything that you currently aren't finding keen about your favorite comics...or in this case...least favorite comics...smart asses welcome...

JasonK4
I hate when people make pointless threads.

stick out tongue

Capt Spaulding
i hate when pointless people spam in pointless threads ermmha

JasonK4
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
i hate when pointless people spam in pointless threads ermmha
you're right. Reported for spamming.

Bad Ash231
I hate when people report others.

Akuki
I hate it when people tell me they hate all manga/anime when the only thing they've seen is DBZ.

Badabing
Marvel mad.........MARVEL ranting..........MARVEL durredhulk

Thor due out 11/14/2007 - 1 month late.

WWH due out 11/14/2007 - 2 months late.

Namor is only a mini.

Battlehammer
I hate the fact masterbruce tries to insult all of are intelligences and say he actaully reads comics..........

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Akuki
I hate it when people tell me they hate all manga/anime when the only thing they've seen is DBZ.

I liked DBZ.................

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I hate the fact masterbruce tries to insult all of are intelligences and say he actaully reads comics..........

I recall that he outright stated once that he doesn't read comics.

Capt Spaulding
Alright basically, Marvel has throughout it's many years, has been an earth based universe basically. I mean we have the cosmics, and space dwellers, like The Surfer, and Thanos, but those two are exceptions, for the MU cosmics never ever get page time outside of Annihilation, which without a doubt was the greatest series of books the cosmics ever got considering Warlock wasn't in it....But meanwhile on Earth. For a good 6 years now, the MU has been just dreadful, with no sign of light on the horizon. Being a mutie fan House of M left a sour taste in my stomach. Civil War, wasn't anything innovative, set aside the art. A 5 year old child sitting in his backyard with his marvel legends could have come up with an idea, I know when i was 5 my Toybiz figs, I'd make similar stories. Not to mention the terrible story telling and nonexistent plot, just a bunch of heroes punching each other with Stark being uncharacteristically over the top dickish. We all knew it'd be all put back to normal in no time. Why? Marvel, Home of the revolving door of death, could never keep peter parker unmasked, and using the skrulls is just such a let down, easy way out. Marvel, i'm dropping all books for a while, save for back issues. The writing quality is enough for me to pass on wasting my money. Complete sentences, happy Nino? Marvel without a doubt, is at an all time low in quality. I'm sure a good deal of you will either ignore my ranting, oppose it, or agree with it, doesn't matter to me.

This is a rant from a few months ago, from another thread, stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
I recall that he outright stated once that he doesn't read comics.

yup and now he trying to tell me he has read over 50 wolverine comics............lol

Battlehammer
superman....................I hate him .

WalkingPuberty
DO YOU KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS KMC, YOU, I CAME HERE LOOKING FOR FRIENDS, AND WAS BANNED, YOU KNOW WHAT F U C K YOU
sad sad sad sad sad

Capt Spaulding
love you too...o...and reported....

WalkingPuberty
i don want to be banned again sad

Soljer
Yeah, I think this'll probably get closed.

TricksterPriest
One thing that pisses me off immensely.............the Darkseid haters.

Darkseid is without a doubt, one of the biggest threats in the DCU. He operates on a multiversal level and is responsible for countless acts of evil. He's one of Kirby's finest creations. And yet..........SOME JACKASS NAMED JEPH LOEB TURNED HIM INTO SUPERMAN'S PUNCHING BAG!!! mad WHY?! Darkseid has feats that are AT LEAST comparable to Marvel Odin, if not superior in some cases. He's soloed the LSH, mindraped Daxam, bitched Infinity Man, etc.............AND YET PEOPLE SAY ODIN TAKES HIM 10/10 BASED ON SOME SHITTY WRITING OF HIM BUSTING A GALAXY, THAT MAY OR MAY BE HYPERBOLE!!! miffed Darkseid's power is so great that the DCU started collapsing without him, and yet, nobody bothers to consider the power involved in that. Or the fact that the OE hurts beings like Imperiex, Spectre, AM, etc. Or the sheer level of power commanded by the New Gods. What about Seven Soldiers, where he creates alternate realities and even a planet with 6 billion people. Or the fact that it was AN AVATAR in Seven Soldiers doing all those feats. Or the fact that DS has opened up the Source Wall. Or that he created the insanely uber Entropy Aegis.

And yet all people see is that he lost once or twice to Superman. Superman, who could bring down Galactus, Odin, and countless other beings under the right circumstances.

It pisses me off. mad

Capt Spaulding
digi has a trend of closing my threads...

http://www.nature.ca/NOTEBOOKS/images/mongoose.gif

stick out tongue

Leave it to trick to exploit the ranting

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by WalkingPuberty
DO YOU KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS KMC, YOU, I CAME HERE LOOKING FOR FRIENDS, AND WAS BANNED, YOU KNOW WHAT F U C K YOU
sad sad sad sad sad

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/judgejester.png

Kutulu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Darkseid is without a doubt, one of the biggest threats in the DCU. He operates on a multiversal level and is responsible for countless acts of evil. He's one of Kirby's finest creations. And yet..........SOME JACKASS NAMED JEPH LOEB TURNED HIM INTO SUPERMAN'S PUNCHING BAG!!! mad WHY?! Darkseid has feats that are AT LEAST comparable to Marvel Odin, if not superior in some cases. He's soloed the LSH, mindraped Daxam, bitched Infinity Man, etc.............AND YET PEOPLE SAY ODIN TAKES HIM 10/10 BASED ON SOME SHITTY WRITING OF HIM BUSTING A GALAXY, THAT MAY OR MAY BE HYPERBOLE!!! miffed Darkseid's power is so great that the DCU started collapsing without him, and yet, nobody bothers to consider the power involved in that. Or the fact that the OE hurts beings like Imperiex, Spectre, AM, etc. Or the sheer level of power commanded by the New Gods. What about Seven Soldiers, where he creates alternate realities and even a planet with 6 billion people. Or the fact that it was AN AVATAR in Seven Soldiers doing all those feats. Or the fact that DS has opened up the Source Wall. Or that he created the insanely uber Entropy Aegis.

And yet all people see is that he lost once or twice to Superman. Superman, who could bring down Galactus, Odin, and countless other beings under the right circumstances.

It pisses me off. mad

I didn't realize anyone was that big of a Darkseid fanboy here except Nvr.

Must have really got you angry then when he fell down those steps.

Capt Spaulding
i love the jester hat, where have you been svend laughing

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Kutulu

At least there was a decent explanation for that shit. Plus, it was just stairs. In context, it's not that bad.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/judgejester.png

ROFL!

laughing

WalkingPuberty
my name is not svend sad

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Kutulu

And got beaten by thugs...

And almost got killed by a shovel...

WalkingPuberty
I'f fatter than that kid too, it's why i have a hard time making friends sad

tjcoady

It pisses me off. mad

he wasn't an avatar in Seven Soldiers... when was that stated? I could be wrong, but Seven Soldiers continuity is kinda weird.

I never really understood why Darkseid is such loved character- he's a good cosmic villain and a good enemy, but he's far from an interesting character; he's completely and utterly two dimensional, regardless of how big and powerful he is.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by tjcoady
he wasn't an avatar in Seven Soldiers... when was that stated? I could be wrong, but Seven Soldiers continuity is kinda weird.

I never really understood why Darkseid is such loved character- he's a good cosmic villain and a good enemy, but he's far from an interesting character; he's completely and utterly two dimensional, regardless of how big and powerful he is.

did you even read Seven Soldiers? It was an avatar. Remember in Seven Soldiers #1 when the image of Darkseid's face appears behind Dark Side? And Seven Soldiers is canon, believe it or not.

tjcoady
did you even read Seven Soldiers? It was an avatar. Remember in Seven Soldiers #1 when the image of Darkseid's face appears behind Dark Side? And Seven Soldiers is canon, believe it or not.

By Seven Soldiers #1 you mean the last issue in the series, right? Why would he be an avatar- all of the New Gods are on Earth, in human forms in Seven Soldiers. Dark Side IS Darkseid, just in a different portrayal, the same way Shilo Norman IS Mister Miracle. Look at him talking- his one guise as a human says one thing, while his "true" voice is saying another- it's not a duplicate avatar, but rather two layers of reality enfolded upon one another. The new gods have come to Earth.

unless all the appearances of the New Gods in the Mister Miracle mini in Seven Soldiers are also avatars, and EVERY SINGLE new god has the ability to create avatars (because most of the big ones appear), and only those avatars and not the original New Gods themselves are suspectible to the Anti-Life equation.

If Seven Soldier's is canon, then why did Darkseid need to retrieve Professor Stein from the Firestorm matrix? How come we recently saw the non-Mister Miracle Shilo Norman as warden of the inexplicably in Antarctica slab? How did Klarion lose the Father Box? Why didn't he just whup Mary Marvel's ass with it if he still has it? How come the meeting between Klarion and Robin is still canon, even though now Klarion has just recently emerged from Limbo, rather than doing that back in the Silver Age? How come Shilo Norman doesn't have a Mother Box anymore? How come Scott Free is still around in his Scott Free persona?

tjcoady
I personally saw the New Gods in Seven Soldiers as not the characters they are in the normal DCU, but rather as mythic archetypes- Dark Side as control, Mister Miracle as a symbol of freedom. They're representations of the ideas behind the characters, rather than the characters themselves.

DigiMark007
Yeah, no. Besides the swearing in the title (it happens, but we're supposed to try to maintain PG- respectability) if you really have something to b*tch about, find the appropriate thread to talk about whatever writer/character/title/etc. Because the forum has enough whining as it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.