The Devil Wears Prada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joe K
Ahh cmon, Theres gatta be someone whos in Hardcorer/Death Metal/Christian!

These guy's are insane live, and if you like throwing down, then you need to check them out!

www.myspace.com/tdwp

Go listen to their musicccc

2D_MASTER
I listened , these guys are nothing special. Since you seem to like Christian death metal, I suppose you know ZAO? Yeah they are sadly the best thing Christian "hardcore/death metal" has to offer.

SelphieT
I heard they were cool, never actually heard them though.

Now, because of this thread informing me that they are Christian...

....I don't really want to listen to them now...

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SelphieT
I heard they were cool, never actually heard them though.

Now, because of this thread informing me that they are Christian...

....I don't really want to listen to them now...

Why would you let that influence if you'd give them a listen or not? Sounds pretty closed minded to meh.

Gannon
I like them lots.

Lord Shaper
I dislike them. They are no different from any other hardcore band.

SelphieT
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Why would you let that influence if you'd give them a listen or not? Sounds pretty closed minded to meh.

Everyone has their preferences. I honestly do not care if you thought it was close minded or not.

I'll be honest with what I said, and I still agree.

Alpha Centauri
So you'd not listen to anyone who believes in God?

-AC

BackFire
I'm more alarmed that one of their myspace friends is "Hot Topic".

SelphieT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So you'd not listen to anyone who believes in God?

-AC

sly

Well, it's a personal preference. Keyword, preference. There tons of bands that of course, are religious, and that's fine, there's way too many to count. But when it comes to hardcore music, I'd prefer it to be christian-less. I'll make exceptions, everyone does.

Alpha Centauri
sly

Well, it's a personal preference. Keyword, preference. There tons of bands that of course, are religious, and that's fine, there's way too many to count. But when it comes to hardcore music, I'd prefer it to be christian-less. I'll make exceptions, everyone does.

Why, though?

-AC

SelphieT
Why, though?

-AC

Because this is where it gets personal. I'm sure neither of us wants to get personal. I dislike it, and we'll leave it at that.

Alpha Centauri
Brb, just eating a pizza without the base.

-AC

Bardock42

-AC Hahahahah, cause her reasoning is baseless.

Funney.

Alpha Centauri
Do you do that because you still genuinely find it funny, or is it some kind of "Hahaha, I know it's really overused, but still I use it." thing?

-AC

Bardock42
Do you do that because you still genuinely find it funny, or is it some kind of "Hahaha, I know it's really overused, but still I use it." thing?

-AC

I still find it quite funny.

Alpha Centauri
And are you saying THAT because you know it couldn't possibly still be funny?

-AC

Bardock42
And are you saying THAT because you know it couldn't possibly still be funny?

-AC My, my, I knew it was a mistake not to elect you as master of funny at our last meeting. A shame.

2D_MASTER
Everyone has their preferences. I honestly do not care if you thought it was close minded or not.

I'll be honest with what I said, and I still agree.

Good that you don't care... just seems like a silly reason to not even give them a listen (even if they are not worthy of one). Didn't mean to insult you or anything...

SelphieT

-AC

Ha! I have plenty of reason. I just don't feel like sharing it with a jerk like you.

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Good that you don't care... just seems like a silly reason to not even give them a listen (even if they are not worthy of one). Didn't mean to insult you or anything...

Sweetie, you didn't insult me.

We both have our preferences.

You like beating midgets, and I like non-christian hardcore bands.

BackFire

-AC

May I have a slice?

2D_MASTER
Ha! I have plenty of reason. I just don't feel like sharing it with a jerk like you.

Sweetie, you didn't insult me.

We both have our preferences.

You like beating midgets, and I like non-christian hardcore bands.

"Sweetie", she says. *wank*

BackFire
Regardless of their religious orientation, I think they're shitty.

SelphieT
Alright, I have now listened to one minute of their song called, "Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over".

I hate it already.

Alpha Centauri

You said you had no problem with bands who believed in God, so why do you have a problem with metal bands that do?

They're not hardcore by the way, not really. Unless we're referring to "modern" hardcore.

-AC

SelphieT
You said you had no problem with bands who believed in God, so why do you have a problem with metal bands that do?

They're not hardcore by the way, not really. Unless we're referring to "modern" hardcore.

-AC

Okay, let me clarify. I don't mind artists/musicians that are religious. But I don't enjoy them actually bringing it into their lyrics, and their genre.

I don't want pro-christianity in the metal music I like. That's just what I don't enjoy. shrug

I honestly don't know what genre they'd be put in, and since everyone in the thread was classifying them as "hardcore", I called them hardcore. I didn't really feel like finding out what genre you'd classify them as, but now I know. "modern hardcore".

Alpha Centauri
I call them metal, I see no reason to go further, but that's been done to death.

Anyway, there's a difference between someone being a band who preaches about Christianity and a band who happen to be Christian. Norma Jean are Christians, they're not a Christian band.

Besides, it's a bit silly to act like the lyrics even matter in that genre least of all. If they were in a genre you could actually decipher them upon hearing, then fine. Chances are, they're not going to be, so for the lyricism to even have an effect, you'd have to read them first.

-AC

SelphieT
I call them metal, I see no reason to go further, but that's been done to death.

Anyway, there's a difference between someone being a band who preaches about Christianity and a band who happen to be Christian. Norma Jean are Christians, they're not a Christian band.

Besides, it's a bit silly to act like the lyrics even matter in that genre least of all. If they were in a genre you could actually decipher them upon hearing, then fine. Chances are, they're not going to be, so for the lyricism to even have an effect, you'd have to read them first.

-AC

Very interesting. I agree. Too bad I don't like Norma Jean anyways.

Well, even if you cannot decipher the lyrics, I wouldn't find them completely useless. I mean, if you are writing lyrics that really don't matter, you might as well be in a band that doesn't even have vocals. And sometimes it's nice to actually know what they are singing about. Just because they are growling, screaming, etc. their lyrics, doesn't mean their lyrics are any less meaning than a band that sings in a way you can decipher them.

Bardock42
Everyone that excludes Sufjan Stevens from their playlist, for whatever reason, is a moron and should die.

Yeah, that might seem off topic, but it's true.

Alpha Centauri
Very interesting. I agree. Too bad I don't like Norma Jean anyways.

Well, even if you cannot decipher the lyrics, I wouldn't find them completely useless. I mean, if you are writing lyrics that really don't matter, you might as well be in a band that doesn't even have vocals. And sometimes it's nice to actually know what they are singing about. Just because they are growling, screaming, etc. their lyrics, doesn't mean their lyrics are any less meaning than a band that sings in a way you can decipher them.

Not at all. Lyrics are not as important to the music as the music, that's why it's called music. Vocals are/can be, lyrics are not. Vocals and lyrics are not the same thing, please do not confuse the two. If you love lyrics, that's you. YOU need the lyrics, the music does not. Music does not need lyrics, the listener may, but the music never needs it to exist.

That said, I just personally think it's really dumb to discount what might be great music simply because the words that one member of the band wrote are not to your liking. It makes absolutely no sense to be, and anyone who does it, in MY opinion, can't seriously claim to be a music fan first. Lyrics fan first.

-AC

SelphieT
Not at all. Lyrics are not as important to the music as the music, that's why it's called music. Vocals are/can be, lyrics are not. Vocals and lyrics are not the same thing, please do not confuse the two. If you love lyrics, that's you. YOU need the lyrics, the music does not. Music does not need lyrics, the listener may, but the music never needs it to exist.

That said, I just personally think it's really dumb to discount what might be great music simply because the words that one member of the band wrote are not to your liking. It makes absolutely no sense to be, and anyone who does it, in MY opinion, can't seriously claim to be a music fan first. Lyrics fan first.

-AC

I know words are different than the music itself. Everyone does.

Sure, the music is obviously the most important. Lyrics obviously aren't the most important, I never said that. But they are still at least a little part of the music, is all I'm trying to say.

I completely understand what you are trying to say, and in a lot of ways you are right. But then it just comes down to simple opinions again.

Alpha Centauri
I know words are different than the music itself. Everyone does.

Sure, the music is obviously the most important. Lyrics obviously aren't the most important, I never said that. But they are still at least a little part of the music, is all I'm trying to say.

I completely understand what you are trying to say, and in a lot of ways you are right. But then it just comes down to simple opinions again.

They're a part of the song, overall. Not the music, the music and the lyrics form the song. That's neither here nor there since that's probably what you meant.

I honestly wasn't trying to pick, I was just curious and wanted to understand your point better.

-AC

BackFire
Christian Metal/Hardcore is good for comedic reasons, nothing more.

SelphieT
They're a part of the song, overall. Not the music, the music and the lyrics form the song. That's neither here nor there since that's probably what you meant.

I honestly wasn't trying to pick, I was just curious and wanted to understand your point better.

-AC

Oh, alright, I'll remember next time not to take anything seriously/personally when you say things like:

-AC

Alpha Centauri
From what I have heard, you don't appear to have a base, but don't take it too seriously.

-AC

zjtrivium
Originally posted by Joe K
Ahh cmon, Theres gatta be someone whos in Hardcorer/Death Metal/Christian!

These guy's are insane live, and if you like throwing down, then you need to check them out!

www.myspace.com/tdwp

Go listen to their musicccc
i actually saw them in concert at the sounds of the ungerground concert in minneapolis. they were awesome. a lot of the people there kept booing them because they said that this was for god or something like that, but i thought they were killer. their keyboardist was awesome, i watched him and then i looked at the drummer, and when i looked back over, he was standing on top of the keyboard headbanging.

rader
I understand what selphiet is saying. When i'm listening to a band thats supposed to sound somewhat scary/creepy/satanic/idontknow, I dont want jesus lyrics breaking the mood. you cant sing about jesus and still be scary/creepy/satanic/idontknow. And their name is very bland and tasteless.

BackFire
Jesus is scary.

rader
No God is scary jesus came to save us from Him... and the hell he would send us to... God's gonna kill me one day

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by rader
I understand what selphiet is saying. When i'm listening to a band thats supposed to sound somewhat scary/creepy/satanic/idontknow, I dont want jesus lyrics breaking the mood. you cant sing about jesus and still be scary/creepy/satanic/idontknow. And their name is very bland and tasteless.

So basically everyone is ok with "F*ck God! Yeah, Satan!", but not "God's alright, I'm quite fond of God."? Bit hypocritical.

-AC

SelphieT
So basically everyone is ok with "F*ck God! Yeah, Satan!", but not "God's alright, I'm quite fond of God."? Bit hypocritical.

-AC

I'm not going to answer for everyone, but I will answer for myself.

I'm not a fan of Christianity. I personally just find it annoying. shrug

Alpha Centauri
Why is that?

-AC

Lord Shaper
It's quite something how this thread has turned into a debate about Chrisitan music and now Christianity itself. I'll refrain from posting my own opinions on the matter.

All I know is that The Devil Wears Prada sucks. Horribly so in fact.

Joe K
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm more alarmed that one of their myspace friends is "Hot Topic".

The only reason one of their friends is hot topic is because they sell their shirts.

Joe K
Originally posted by zjtrivium
i actually saw them in concert at the sounds of the ungerground concert in minneapolis. they were awesome. a lot of the people there kept booing them because they said that this was for god or something like that, but i thought they were killer. their keyboardist was awesome, i watched him and then i looked at the drummer, and when i looked back over, he was standing on top of the keyboard headbanging.

Haha yeah, thier keyboardist is a crazy mofo.
I cant wait for sounds of the underground again!

Joe K
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
It's quite something how this thread has turned into a debate about Chrisitan music and now Christianity itself. I'll refrain from posting my own opinions on the matter.

All I know is that The Devil Wears Prada sucks. Horribly so in fact.
Then your not a fan of death metal.

Everyone who listens to death metal knows tdwp is one of the best, they have the sickest breakdowns

SelphieT

Everyone who listens to death metal knows tdwp is one of the best, they have the sickest breakdowns

.........One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Pezmerga

Nellinator

ragesRemorse
i actually didnt hate this movie

Kram3r
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i actually didnt hate this movie

Haha...

Joe K
Okay?

Joe K
.........One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Stop reading what you wrote then smile

Kram3r
Stop reading what you wrote then smile

OH SHI-

Joe K
Originally posted by Kram3r
OH SHI-

OH SNAP

Laguna L

I love death metal. I dislike TDWP. Can I be any clearer?

There must be some kind of rule in your head that states one must adore TDWP in order for them to like death metal. Idiotic it is.

Captain REX
The band is named after a chick flick/novel?

...sorry, I just had to say it. I don't even care if someone else already did...

Joe K
Originally posted by Laguna L
I love death metal. I dislike TDWP. Can I be any clearer?

There must be some kind of rule in your head that states one must adore TDWP in order for them to like death metal. Idiotic it is.

Lol, you know TDWP is good, dont even try that.
The only one I could think that is better would be Bring me the Horizon.

Originally posted by Captain REX
The band is named after a chick flick/novel?

...sorry, I just had to say it. I don't even care if someone else already did...
And the band was originated before this movie was ever even though of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.