S0207 - Out of Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

When one of his forgotten abilities suddenly manifests, Peter and Caitlin get thrown into a crisis situation, and learn first-hand just how deadly the mysterious virus striking people with abilities can be. Suresh, Matt, Nathan, Niki and Bob band together to fend off the nightmare man's attack. Despite Claire's best efforts to keep them apart, West learns that the man who kidnapped him as a child is her father. Meanwhile, in feudal Japan, Hiro and Kensei's legendary journey takes a dramatic, final turn.

Out of Time Preview

Nysrwqu46gg

Discuss...

S_D_J
plus The Canadian preview

DRQ-nvxb6L8

so... 2 more paintings come true in this episode:

Peter in the future and Hiro sword-fighting Kensei...( I'm guessing the virus painting has already come true)...

... and DL is back... he is also back in episode 8 if i'm not mistaken

Mairuzu
WOAH

Entity
Originally posted by S_D_J
plus The Canadian preview

DRQ-nvxb6L8

so... 2 more paintings come true in this episode:

Peter in the future and Hiro sword-fighting Kensei...( I'm guessing the virus painting has already come true)...

... and DL is back... he is also back in episode 8 if i'm not mistaken Bet thats not really him. Nikki's probably just hallucinating. She is nuts after all!

S_D_J
Originally posted by Entity
Bet thats not really him. Nikki's probably just hallucinating. She is nuts after all!

obviously is not him... but it is Leonard Roberts (DL) back in the show this season... that is something

Mairuzu
Peter isnt even surprised that hes in the future

Strangelove
... and DL is back... he is also back in episode 8 if i'm not mistaken D.L. is dead. The only reason he's returning for "Four Months Ago" Is to fill in how he died.

He's fulfilled his purpose (kill Linderman), I see no reason for him to come back

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
D.L. is dead. The only reason he's returning for "Four Months Ago" Is to fill in how he died.

He's fulfilled his purpose (kill Linderman), I see no reason for him to come back
obviously is not him... but it is Leonard Roberts (DL) back in the show this season... that is something

he is dead, and so far, won't be coming back... what I'm saying it's the actor (Leonard Roberts) it showing up this season with new dialogue (even if it's just hallucination) and in the following episode (I think) to (I guess) explain a little bit more about his death...

it's the character returning, even though dead, one more time in the current season
... that, somehow, leaves hope for other dead characters to return to the show at least in a flashback

.................................................................................................

3 clips from next episode
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html

Captain REX
It seems that Niki got Jessica go away, but now she's got the replacement...

The Canadian preview is certainly more entertaining.

Who is it that Bob wants Mohinder to inject with the Virus? I didn't quite catch the name.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Captain REX
Who is it that Bob wants Mohinder to inject with the Virus? I didn't quite catch the name. Maury, as in Parkman

nmensfinest
I'm thinking that the Nightmare Man saga will probably end with this episode, and that Matt's gonna truly start to tap into his full potential from now onwards. In fact, going by what Bob was saying, it's quite possible that Matt's (and his Dad's) ability could well be a command of the full spectrum of psionic powers out there. I mean, so far we've seen a display of telekinesis, the hearing of surface thoughts, telepathic communication, as well as some kind of mental attack which puts the target into some kind of dreamlike state, as well as some clairvoyance. The Parkmans could turn out to be pretty uber.

Strangelove
I can't wait until Parkman (Matt) develops the ability to project thought instead of just receiving them. eek!

S_D_J
I can't wait until Parkman (Matt) develops the ability to project thought instead of just receiving them. eek!

He did so already confused

Mairuzu
Originally posted by nmensfinest
I'm thinking that the Nightmare Man saga will probably end with this episode, and that Matt's gonna truly start to tap into his full potential from now onwards. In fact, going by what Bob was saying, it's quite possible that Matt's (and his Dad's) ability could well be a command of the full spectrum of psionic powers out there. I mean, so far we've seen a display of telekinesis, the hearing of surface thoughts, telepathic communication, as well as some kind of mental attack which puts the target into some kind of dreamlike state, as well as some clairvoyance. The Parkmans could turn out to be pretty uber. how long would it take... he didnt have it in 5 years gone...

nmensfinest
Not sure, but I'd say that it's been made pretty obvious that Matt is gonna be the guy who takes on his Dad and ends the threat of the Nightmare Man, which I don't think will be dragged out for too long, so I doubt it will be long before Matt gets real uber. The Company will probably give him some real quick and effective training.

Strangelove
He did so already confused ......no.....

Bespin Bart
Yes, he did. When Nathan was strangling the deformed clone of himself, he was actually strangling Matt Parkman. From what I could tell, in the desperation of the situation, Matt broke through the illusion(?) by sending a thought to Nathan that basically said "Nathan, stop, it's me, Matt!" Not those words exactly, but something along those lines.

I don't remember telekinesis, though, nmensfinest.

nmensfinest
I'm pretty sure he did, when all the doors mysteriously shut on their own, I can't really think of what that would be if not telekinesis.

Captain REX
Hmm, true. Either way, it added to the creepiness.

Darth Sparrow
i know this is a little off the conversation and even though i've seen most of all the episodes i think, but i can't stop wondering what the real thing that the heroes are trying to stop or save or whatever?????????? ...it's impossible to keep up and understand some of this...

first of all it seems like all the heros do one thing and then never have a plan for the next. secondly, is it a virus or a nuke or the evil heroes or what exactly is it that they want to stop?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

I mean i like the show but it hard to understand with all this switching between characters and situations. Why is Hiro in the past when it's obvious that he'lll only cause trouble there?... Why is MR. Benneatt the way he is? and what is his whole goal that he wantsa to acomplish because all they doo is lead us on for like 2 seasons and we don't know what he wants, and what he does...or anything about the hasian???????!!!!

To be honest how did they get powers in the first place?!!!!!!!!!! and for the last time!... No one has answrs about the heroes powers so why does everyone keep looking for answers?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But those quuestions don't even frustrate me as much as the question why they keep adding stuipd characters?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody explain and help me understand... confused

Captain REX
Okaaay...

1) On the current goal of the Heroes...

There is never just one collective goal; there are always many, individual goals. I'm not going to go into all of them, because it's not that hard to follow. A few include: Stopping The Bomb from destroying New York (everyone), stopping Sylar from killing more people (Mohinder, Hiro), disabling the Company's ability to track evolved humans (Bennet, Parkman, Ted), and ending connections with Mr. Linderman (Niki, DL). There are lots of other goals that happened in the first season. Just pay attention.

In the second season, we're currently dealing with the issue of whomever is killing the older generation of Heroes and the Company's messing around with the Shanti Virus.

2) On the issue of Mr. Bennet...

We know exactly what he wants. He wants to bring down the Company and to keep his family safe. He is doing it in whatever way he can.

3) On the issue of the Haitian...

...well, what about him? We don't know his connection to Angela Petrelli, though I'm assuming it has to do with the Company, but other than that...I don't see what there is to not understand about him.

4) With Hiro being in the past...

Hiro doesn't belong in the past. He is from 2006, not 1671. His presence had screwed up the time/space continuum; his hero, Takezo Kensei, turned out to be an alcoholic bum rather than a mighty warrior. A town that Kensei reputedly saved was burned to the ground. Whitebeard has ended up having firearms. Hiro wants to set everything right, though he can't help his emotions and ends up screwing things over more by falling in love with Kensei's 'princess.'

5) How did they get their powers? Evolution. Biology. Tada! It has something to do with the solar eclipse. Other than that, there's no real answer and one isn't needed.

6) Why do they keep adding 'stupid' characters? Because it's a television show. Originally, season two was going to have all new characters. No Hiro, no Peter, etc.

Captain REX
Also, if you haven't watched every episode, you're not going to understand anything. doped

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Yes, he did. When Nathan was strangling the deformed clone of himself, he was actually strangling Matt Parkman. From what I could tell, in the desperation of the situation, Matt broke through the illusion(?) by sending a thought to Nathan that basically said "Nathan, stop, it's me, Matt!" Not those words exactly, but something along those lines.

I don't remember telekinesis, though, nmensfinest. no, he was reading the guard's thoughts, realized it was Nathan, and started yelling that this wasn't him....?

Maybe I'm wrong...

I'll watch the episode online and get back to you.

Strangelove
Also, if you haven't watched every episode, you're not going to understand anything. doped Also, please spell things correctly. And only use 1 exclamation point.

chickenlover98
no, he was reading the guard's thoughts, realized it was Nathan, and started yelling that this wasn't him....?

Maybe I'm wrong...

I'll watch the episode online and get back to you.
what i saw was him reading the illusion. like his power manifested and it broke the illusion oin his side. he then proceeded to break the illusion on nathans side

Captain REX
It looked like Matt sent the thought to me. There was a lot of that glitchy mind-reading noise when Matt said "Nathan, it's me!" and it didn't look like he was physically saying it.

chickenlover98
It looked like Matt sent the thought to me. There was a lot of that glitchy mind-reading noise when Matt said "Nathan, it's me!" and it didn't look like he was physically saying it.

thats a lil bit what i mean. i mean that the power manifested in him that his dad used and he broke the mental state. he then did the samething to nathan

Darth Sparrow
I've seen all the episodes i think or at least 95% because i missed some parts. I just don't understand somethings... i knew that Hiro is from the present and stuff like that but if they are all trying to save the world then it's ridiculous to go to the past? It would have been a terrible show if they would have had all knew characters too. And they already have a ton i see no reason why they added the brother and sister who met sylar. I think the show just needs to find one way and stick to it!

all it does is constantly have new things happen (Like when peter is suddenly in a deserted New York on the last episode) ...they need to just explain things once in a while...

not only that but wasn't the moto- "Save the cheerleader, Save the world"...? Well no one seems to be watching her in the 2nd season. (Other than Mr. Beanatt, who i'm pretty sure is evil...no way that guy is good, look at everything he's done...i think he just wants to protect Clarie for a specific reason...but i don't know why yet?)

What do you think about this...?

Captain REX
You really need to watch the entire show all over again (as well as the parts you missed!) You make it sound as if they're an organization of super heroes out to save the world. Well, they're not. They're a bunch of people who are extraordinary.

Mr. Bennet, as we know, is not evil. His issue is moral ambiguity; he's doing wrong things with the right goal in mind.

The "Save the cheerleader, save the world" bit is done. They already did that; Peter saved her from Sylar mid-season.

They added the Herrera twins because they wanted new characters in the show because that's just how it works.

Hiro did not mean to go to the past; he did it by accident. And when he got there, he screwed up the time/space continuum. Do you understand that much?

chickenlover98
he didnt screw up the space/time continuim. dont u understand, it already happened before he did it. therefore he has to do it right. he cant mess up. its THE PAST. therefore he already did it

Captain REX
According to Hiro, he screwed it up. That's what matters.

nmensfinest
Originally posted by chickenlover98
he didnt screw up the space/time continuim. dont u understand, it already happened before he did it. therefore he has to do it right. he cant mess up. its THE PAST. therefore he already did it

The "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" message from "Future" Hiro + "Present" Hiro's visit to the Dark Future resulted in the timeline changing and becoming original. Hiro time travelling back to Japan was a result dependant on these changes. Ergo, it's an entirely original event, and thus, the "Past" is now broken.

Darth Sparrow
i know it's just a show but i'm pretty sure time travel is impossible...mainly because if it was possible someone would have shown up in the present right now and since no one has ever...then it could be concluded that it can't be done...otherwise it may be possible...but only if the world ended before a time machine was created and then we would never know...

but anyways...i hope tonights episodes has some good answers to who Mr. benett is and what's going on.

Bespin Bart
...but we already know who he is. ermm

chickenlover98
According to Hiro, he screwed it up. That's what matters.

well thats not what i mean. hiro doesnt understand that since he's in the past, no matter what he does, its already happened. he made the stories of kensei. that was his doing. everything thats happening already happened. thats the way i see it

superkronick92
Not really, future Hiro changed history by warning Peter about Sylar

Captain REX
well thats not what i mean. hiro doesnt understand that since he's in the past, no matter what he does, its already happened. he made the stories of kensei. that was his doing. everything thats happening already happened. thats the way i see it

No...

Hiro changed history by going back in time. Originally, he did not make the stories of Kensei. If he had not stayed in the past, the stories of Kensei would not have happened at all. Since he has stayed, he has created new stories that follow the original Kensei story, but with the addition of "Karp."

Mairuzu
few more hours smile

Darth Sparrow
what's with peter flip floping everywhere all the time? Why would he be doing that and how come kensei that died is with him all of a sudden? I don't like it when they do that crap at the end of episodes...

my question is how is Kensei have to do with saving the world?... who ever writes heroes must be smokin' somethin'!

Ordained
All I have to say is that all of the answers are answered in tonight's and next weeks episodes of Heroes. This one was an amazing episode. Orgasmic IMO droolio

Strangelove
OH. MY. GOD. dd

Takezo Kensei is Adam Monroe!!!!!! Or vice versa, really.

Mairuzu
Angela has to have a power!

Mairuzu
the best episode so far... by far

Captain REX
...holy shit. THIS was a Heroes episode. The previous episodes felt almost like they were just building up to this one...

I'm willing to bet that Adam personally murdered Kaito himself. He could definitely walk away from a fall like that. Also, sets Hiro up for some ultimate revenge time.

Strangelove
...holy shit. THIS was a Heroes episode. The previous episodes felt almost like they were just building up to this one...

I'm willing to bet that Adam personally murdered Kaito himself. He could definitely walk away from a fall like that. Also, sets Hiro up for some ultimate revenge time. Oh hell yeah.

Gideon
And what about Suresh being set up to go after Bennett? Doctor Nerd better have some major back-up; Bennett's going to kick the shit out of him.

Captain REX
Unless Bennet's not expecting Mohinder to shoot him. "Hey, my Indian Doctor pal, let's talk about talking down the...oh, look, a Company gu- "

Darth Vicious

I'm willing to bet that Adam personally murdered Kaito himself. He could definitely walk away from a fall like that. Also, sets Hiro up for some ultimate revenge time.

Happy Dance Couldnt agree more. After the disappointment of the Nightmare man being so lame I started thinking that it would be sweet if Takeo was alive but didnt expect him to be Adam. My boy Sark(Adam) is back!(Alias reference). Its interesting to see how Peter and the gurl will reunite. Also, Since Adam is Kensei, does that mean that Peter is immortal now? Next week episode should be awesome. I also think that Bennet should kill that stalker kid and that it will be the stalker kod killing him and not Suresh, imo.

nmensfinest
I still maintain that it is in fact Arthur Petrelli that is the one behind the killings, and not Adam.

starlock
Do we have a definitive answer to adam/kensei power? is it just like claires or is there a difference?

Darth Vicious
It could very well be the same powers as Claire's. Maybe more advanced(No head weakness). It seems that all younger people with powers have an older version with the same powers: Matt/Nightmare man, Nathan/West, Adam/Claire, Ms. Petrelli(IMO)/Hiro.

Mairuzu
it seemed to me that his regeneration goes a pick quicker... but thats just me

T.M
This episode was awesome. I think up there with the best ones so far for sure.

Cant wait till next week.

Ordained
Like I said, orgasmic droolio

Mairuzu
"You can obsorb others powers, you are the most powerful of us all"

did angela say us? I think she said us... whats her power gAH!

chickenlover98
cant wait for elle to get her head smacked. bet she's kensei's daughter

Sweet Escape
I was SO happy when Caitlin got ditched in the future. She was so annoying.

Ordained
cant wait for elle to get her head smacked. bet she's kensei's daughter I just can't wait for her to show up again. I like her character. And I think that she's Bob's daughter.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ordained
I just can't wait for her to show up again. I like her character. And I think that she's Bob's daughter. That seems obvious from the preview for next week.

Ordained
I know that, but I was just saying that because chicken thinks that Elle is Kensei's daughter.

Entity
Yea I've been thinking Bob's for awhile now aswell. But I'd really like it turn out to be Kensei's. That idea fascinates me much much more.

Also am I the only one that thinks Bob and Kensei may still be working together?

Entity
Originally posted by Sweet Escape
I was SO happy when Caitlin got ditched in the future. She was so annoying. About that!

If someone gets left in the future and you come back and change the past what happens to them?

I would think the second Peter came back and effected anything at all, the time line was altered. If the time line was altered then the person left in the other future is gone!

Correct?

Sucks too, because Peter deserves to be happy. I hate to see all his women keep being taken form him.

Mairuzu
All hes got to do is get the illusions power and he'll be happy evil face

InnerRise
Originally posted by Mairuzu
"You can obsorb others powers, you are the most powerful of us all"

did angela say us? I think she said us... whats her power gAH! It's already been established that she has a power way before now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Strangelove
Originally posted by InnerRise
It's already been established that she has a power way before now.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Actually, it has not been established, because her having a power has not yet been revealed. You can only be so certain with a theory.

InnerRise
You're looking too deep into what I'm saying and trying to find something to nit pick about when you know exactly what I'm saying.

Let me say it in a different way then that may or may still not be pleasing to you.

Other things have been said before the last episode that would have us to BELIEVE/THINK/ASSUME that she does indeed have a power that hasn't been revealed on the show (yet).

Shouldn't have had to have been that thorough. Sheesh.

Let's not go out of our way to be difficult people.

Strangelove
Ummm.....okay. I wasn't nitpicking, just pointing out the truth.

Captain REX
Cristine Rose has actually said that Mama Petrelli has a power, I'm pretty sure. She taunted everyone that it was an amazing power, then laughed when it was not revealed within the first season.

I'm pretty certain that Elle is the daughter of Bob, not Adam.

InnerRise
What has been giving to us that would cause us to believe that either Bob or Adam is Elle's father?

Mairuzu
You're looking too deep into what I'm saying and trying to find something to nit pick about when you know exactly what I'm saying.

Let me say it in a different way then that may or may still not be pleasing to you.

Other things have been said before the last episode that would have us to BELIEVE/THINK/ASSUME that she does indeed have a power that hasn't been revealed on the show (yet).

Shouldn't have had to have been that thorough. Sheesh.

Let's not go out of our way to be difficult people.

the only thing i can think of before that episode was just her being in the original 12 picture... but that still doesnt prove it.. hmm.. cant really recall another moment that i expected... except for the fact that shes the mother of peter and nathan whom which both have powers

Mairuzu
What has been giving to us that would cause us to believe that either Bob or Adam is Elle's father?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... The only thing i can think of that that one is the preview to this weeks episode "Four months ago"

where bob is telling Elle to stop "picking" on peter lol... other then that... nothing.. but she does work for the company.. which they both did

Captain REX

As of last episode, Bob revealed that the Company had been tracking him and lost him in Ireland (which is where Elle was before her father pulled her off the case).

Mairuzu
^ and that... hahah

InnerRise
Originally posted by Mairuzu
The only thing i can think of that that one is the preview to this weeks episode "Four months ago"

where bob is telling Elle to stop "picking" on peter lol... other then that... nothing.. but she does work for the company.. which they both did Oh ok. Well I didn't watch the last episode and so I missed the preview. Eventually did watch it though, but without the official preview.

Mairuzu
its more then likely...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.