The Shrinking Economy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic

chillmeistergen
I love it, when I go to the U.S I get a ridiculous amount of bargains.

Schecter
GO DUBYA!

inimalist
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

What do you guys think of this topic? The Canadian dollar for the first time in over 30 years has become larger than the United States dollar.

This bothers me very much, our nation relies on our dollar being lower than the americans for a large deal of trade. There are some positives, but for the most part, we are losing lots of money right now...

Schecter
Originally posted by inimalist
This bothers me very much, our nation relies on our dollar being lower than the americans for a large deal of trade. There are some positives, but for the most part, we are losing lots of money right now...

thats a good point.
ill still visit canada agaon if i get the chance and help out stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by Schecter
thats a good point.
ill still visit canada agaon if i get the chance and help out stick out tongue

WE NEED YOUR MONEY!!!!!

WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT YOU, NOTHING!

Schecter
WE NEED YOUR MONEY!!!!!

your strippers need my money
and they shall have it

Robtard
GO DUBYA!

Hell yeah... he's keeping the "Child raping, freedom hating, America destroying, God cursed, evil-do'ering ter'ist" at bay. So what if it cost the tax payers 700 million a day and ruins foreign relations.

Devil King
WE NEED YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Ha! The whole world is nothing without us, don't assume it's just you guys.

inimalist
your strippers need my money
and they shall have it

Come to Canada, our strippers can't be beat!!!!

well, maybe they can, but that just costs a bit extra

Originally posted by Devil King
Ha! The whole world is nothing without us, don't assume it's just you guys.

lol, theres always the chinese shifty

Robtard

lol, theres always the chinese shifty

They definitely need us... who else buys their cheaply made, sub-par junk by the freighter load.

debbiejo
What??!!?? mad

inimalist
Originally posted by debbiejo
What??!!?? mad

Our dollar is naturally worth more than yours (comparatively our economy is and has been much better than yours, if just smaller). In the 80s, iirc, the government decided to slash our dollar in order to promote American investment.

JacopeX
Trillions?

Does anyone even find this as shocking as I do? confused

dadudemon
Originally posted by JacopeX
Trillions?

No. I have a couple of trill saved up right now. I was thinking of buying Canada with that money.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by JacopeX
Trillions?

Put hawkish farkquits in charge of the cash: This.

Kinda makes you think twice when next time you hear the old republican attack on democrat tax policy used as a reason not to vote for the opposition.

Could they possibly get it any more wrong that your current administration?

Darth_Erebus2
Economic expansion based on debt only works for so long. What we've been doing for the last two and a half decades (yes, this started long before Bush) isn't ultimately sustainable. Look for a very hard crash in the coming year or so.

Nellinator
This bothers me very much, our nation relies on our dollar being lower than the americans for a large deal of trade. There are some positives, but for the most part, we are losing lots of money right now... The Canadian dollar being high is also a result of our booming economy. Canada is doing very well right now. Say thank you Alberta.

ragesRemorse
Considering an over extended war and trade difficulties. The Economy is actually quite healthy. We have seen trouble in the real estate department, but nothing to major.

King Kandy
Boy, leave it to Bush to destroy the foundation left by Clinton.

Schecter
another troubling sign, the price of gold has reached over $800/oz yesterday, the highest since 1980.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN0239118820071102?rpc=44

Mark Question
It will get worse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.