Hulks limit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Monster Reborn
How far do you think Hulk can go with his strenght? Its limited how angry he can get, so there has to be an upperlimit.

Monster Reborn
A wild guess: lifting 300.000.000.000 tons.

llagrok
That's what I've always been thinking.

How angry can you get?

ankur29
Originally posted by llagrok
That's what I've always been thinking.

How angry can you get?

i thought that stan lee said summin like this(not exactly these word but the same concept) hulk is so retarded that he does not have a limit to how angry he can become

his mind is so f***ked up he's is uber retard in terms of anger

Monster Reborn
If Hulk gets to angry, his body will be unable to take the pressure and he will die.

Galan007
Originally posted by Monster Reborn
A wild guess: lifting 300.000.000.000 tons. When has Hulk physically lifted that much?

Monster Reborn
Originally posted by Galan007
When has Hulk physically lifted that much?

Under extreme pressure, he lifted 250.000.000.000 in the secret wars. But you know Hulk, he always got that little chunk of extra rage, so i guessed on 300.000.000.000

Galan007
Under extreme pressure, he lifted 250.000.000.000 in the secret wars.ermmno

grey fox
Someone will mention the f*cking mountain. No 'how strong is hulk' thread ever goes by without someone mentioning that goddamn mountain !

If that mountain were a person I'd eat it's f*cking children.

Monster Reborn
Even if i dont mention the mountain, he DID shake Superman.

Master-Borg
When has Hulk physically lifted that much? when he lifted a friggin mountain.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Master-Borg
when he lifted a friggin mountain. He only braced part of it. and we don't really know how much he wasn't lifting. It's alot less force needed to lift part of something than to lift the entire thing.

Switch 07
Wrong tool.

He held up a small bit with help. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Originally posted by Master-Borg
when he lifted a friggin mountain. He was able to brace part of a mountain's weight, only because he still had leverage on it.

not 250 billion].

galan_greeny

Monster Reborn
The parts he didnt lift was stuck on the part he DID lift, so that argument dont works.

And i see i was wrong with the 250 billion thing... Sorry, my bad.

Then, i believe his maximum is 200.000.000.000

Switch 07
The parts he didnt lift was stuck on the part he DID lift, so that argument dont works.

And i see i was wrong with the 250 billion thing... Sorry, my bad.

Then, i believe his maximum is 200.000.000.000 No you were wrong about everything.

How dense are you?

Its clear than almost everyone in this thread knows more than you but you still continue? What the f**k?

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
Someone will mention the f*cking mountain. No 'how strong is hulk' thread ever goes by without someone mentioning that goddamn mountain !

If that mountain were a person I'd eat it's f*cking children.

Go eat some rocks.

The mountain'll feel it.

Creshosk
The parts he didnt lift was stuck on the part he DID lift, so that argument dont works. Other than the fact that the part he wasn't lifting would be resting on he ground. Tell me what's heavier a man's hand or an entire man?

The hand is stuck on the man, so by your logic the hand weighs as much as the man.

Monster Reborn
Originally posted by Switch 07
No you were wrong about everything.

How dense are you?

Its clear than almost everyone in this thread knows more than you but you still continue? What the f**k?

So you think you weights less if you spread your arms when standing on a weight?

And dont start talking trash, i dont want to report on my first day.

Creshosk
So you think you weights less if you spread your arms when standing on a weight?

And dont start talking trash, i dont want to report on my first day. So the arms and feet of a person weigh as much as the total of the entire body? What the f**k?

Though you also raise a point about weight dispersal.

You know the physics of how snow shoes work to distribute a person's weight so they don't sink in snow, where as without said weight dispersal the person sinks?

Estacado
haermm

uhuh

Citizen V
He was able to brace part of a mountain's weight, only because he still had leverage on it.

not 250 billion].

galan_greeny

Only 150 billion tons?

Wow.

My left ball can lift more than that.

Monster Reborn
Originally posted by Creshosk
So the arms and feet of a person weigh as much as the total of the entire body? What the f**k?

Though you also raise a point about weight dispersal.

You know the physics of how snow shoes work to distribute a person\'s weight so they don\'t sink in snow, where as without said weight dispersal the person sinks?

Yes, the pressure is expanded and shrunk through more weight is given.
But when a smaller thing is supporting a bigger thing, all the weight will gather at the spot where the smaller thing is supporting.

Badabing
How much do tectonic plates weigh?

durfty

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Badabing

durfty

durhmm

Galan007
Originally posted by Citizen V
Only 150 billion tons?

Wow.

My left ball can lift more than that. I never said 150 billion tons was p*ssy weight -- but it's certainly a far cry from the 250 billion tons another user claimed he lifted. wink

Creshosk
Yes, the pressure is expanded and shrunk through more weight is given.
But when a smaller thing is supporting a bigger thing, all the weight will gather at the spot where the smaller thing is supporting. Except for the fact that he was only lifting an edge, the rest of it was on the ground.

Seriously, go find somehting heavy that you can lift and lift only an edge of it. Is it easier or harder than lifting the entire thing?

And no, the object will not suddenly shrink to the point where the smaller object is holding it.

he was not holding it like ---- he was holding it at an angle like \ You'll note that the bottom of the backslash is touching the bottom of the bracket. The entire character is not horizontal.

Quit ignoring physics.

Citizen V
I never said 150 billion tons was p*ssy weight -- but it's certainly a far cry from the 250 billion tons another user claimed he lifted. wink

Pah.

I can lift 275 with my right.

Galan007
Pah.

I can lift 275 with my right. I can only lift 274. eat_cry

Creshosk
Originally posted by Badabing

durfty Depends on whats on them and considering the fact that they're floating on a liquid some of the weight is dispersed. its far easier to move things in a liquid like water when you have the boyence aiding you.

Monster Reborn
Except for the fact that he was only lifting an edge, the rest of it was on the ground.

Seriously, go find somehting heavy that you can lift and lift only an edge of it. Is it easier or harder than lifting the entire thing?

And no, the object will not suddenly shrink to the point where the smaller object is holding it.

he was not holding it like ---- he was holding it at an angle like You\'ll note that the bottom of the backslash is touching the bottom of the bracket. The entire character is not horizontal.

Quit ignoring physics.

It must really have been a long time since i saw that cover...

Citizen V
I can only lift 274. eat_cry

S'alright.

One day you'll become a man, Galan.

batdude123
S'alright.

One day you'll become a man, Galan.

And maybe you will too. smile

Symmetric Chaos
There is no known limit to Hulk strength. Anger isn't the only thing that makes him stronger erm

Bad Ash231
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,154548.0.html

ninjafist

Citizen V
Originally posted by batdude123
And maybe you will too. smile

Yeah.

Maybe.

Symmetric Chaos
Depends on whats on them and considering the fact that they're floating on a liquid some of the weight is dispersed. its far easier to move things in a liquid like water when you have the boyence aiding you.

They had preindustrial society over a good portion of the planet's surface.

Of course Hulk didn't technically lift them. He stopped them from moving and (presumably) pulled them back into place.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,154548.0.html

ninjafist

Guy just owned us no expression

Creshosk
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They had preindustrial society over a good portion of the planet's surface.

Of course Hulk didn't technically lift them. He stopped them from moving and (presumably) pulled them back into place. and the planet was only composed of two plates? I'm curious as to why these things dont crumble when hulk touches them.

Galan007
I'm curious as to why these things dont crumble when hulk touches them. Comic? confused

Symmetric Chaos
and the planet was only composed of two plates? I'm curious as to why these things dont crumble when hulk touches them.

No, I think we have to assume it had plates similar to those on Earth. I just mentioned the conditions across the planet to give a sense of distribution.

They don't crumble for the same reason that they don't crumble for everyone:
1) Suspension of disbelief
2) Tactile TK (something Reed mentioned once when Sue asked him why a building Gladiator was holding hadn't fallen apart)

Kutulu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No, I think we have to assume it had plates similar to those on Earth. I just mentioned the conditions across the planet to give a sense of distribution.

They don't crumble for the same reason that they don't crumble for everyone:
1) Suspension of disbelief
2) Tactile TK (something Reed mentioned once when Sue asked him why a building Gladiator was holding hadn't fallen apart)

Tactile TK is the common answer, and IMHO it applies here as well.

Earth has 12 major tectonic plates. To move a tectonic plate requires far more force than the equivilant to pushing a boat floating on water, as some posters here think.

Tectonic plates in order to move have to basically crush another tectonic plate underneath it's edge and force it to go into the mantle of the planet. You can't just push one and only push the weight of that plate; by pushing one, you are pushing it against all of the other plates on the planet.

Therefore if something was pushing tectonic plates away from each other with enough strength to separate them, you are talking literally billions of tons of force to do so at the bare minimum, and that would be constantly applied pressure over millions of years. To do the same over the coarse of a few hours would take exponentially more force.

Hulk, in order to keep the plates from separating, had to struggle against the force. The only plausible explanation is tacticle TK, and it would also explain why Hulk has a long history of being able to affect pure energy with his hands (examples are ripping through the skin of a forcefield, tossing a being made of electricity, etc..) It's not just once or twice that Hulk has been able to grab pure energy with his hands and affect it either, it has been repeated time and time again over many years of his history.

Therefore Hulk's tacticle TK was strong enough to literally hold billions of tons of force together.

In the worlds strongman competition, they actually have a contest of something similar:

While it's true that it's not the same as lifting the plates, when you look at tectonic force, you have billions of tons of pressure applied at a constant rate for hundreds of millions of years to make changes to the continental structures of the Earth, so holding that level of force is an amazing feat, in fact if you look at the physics involved it puts his bracing against the mountain range in Secret Wars look pathetic in comparison.

DigiMark007
Cool beans, but the questions thread would be better for this since this is very specific in its focus...or even Hulk's respect thread, for discussion of his possible limitations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.