I am at a cross roads, and don't know what to to about it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I'm a DC a guy.

I would love to buy every month:

Superman
action comics
JLA
JSA
GL
Batman
Detective comics
GLC
TT
events

But in reality...money and time wise I can't

So I decided to just buy the team books (JLA, JSA, TT, GLC)and the events(Countdown, Final crisis), cuz thats where the real deal always seems to take place

but a part of me wonders if this is a good idea, so I am asking for some input from my fellow comic readers. What would you do? What do you guys to do when it comes to a decision like this?

Mainly because I want to start pushing my comic funds for a while into buying:

Certain TPB to fillin my bronze age gaps
DC archives: Superman, Batman, JL, allstar, and GL ( I need a lot, plus, there are rumblings they might get discontinued)

and DC dvd's (i need quite a but here to as well)

Galan007
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
So I decided to just buy the team books (JLA, JSA, TT, GLC)and the events(Countdown, Final crisis), cuz thats where the real deal always seems to take place

but a part of me wonders if this is a good idea, so I am asking for some input from my fellow comic readers. What would you do? What do you guys to do when it comes to a decision like this?

DC archives: Superman, Batman, JL, allstar, and GL ( I need a lot, plus, there are rumblings they might get discontinued)

and DC dvd's (i need quite a but here to as well) Countdown is horrible, imo -- DC should pay us to read it. sick

Anyhow,
I'd focus on the Sinestro Corps War right now for sure, -- and of course keep up with the Final Crisis series when it begins as well.

lordboo
Originally posted by Galan007
Countdown is horrible, imo -- DC should pay us to read it. sick

Anyhow,
I'd focus on the Sinestro Corps War right now for sure, -- and of course keep up with the Final Crisis series when it begins as well.

countdown isnt horrible........its complete dog shit im so unimpressed,i had high hopes for it,especially after 52.

batdude123
DC should pay us to read it. sick
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Originally posted by batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well.... It would be nice.
herbhappy

batdude123
Well.... It would be nice.
herbhappy

I'd take it.

OB1-adobe
Countdown is horrible, imo -- DC should pay us to read it. sick

Anyhow,

I'll get sinestro corps on TPB, and countdown I'm really interested in the Jason todd-donna troy-bob story, and I like Piper and trikster's story as well.

Galan007
I'll get sinestro corps on TPB, and countdown I'm really interested in the Jason todd-donna troy-bob story, and I like Piper and trikster's story as well. If you're one of the few liking Countdown, then by all means, run with it.

IMO though,
The SC War blows it completely out of the water. yes

grey fox
The only part of countdown i'm intrested in is 'The Arena'

Validus
It's odd to see "Countdown" and "interested" in the same sentence.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
It's odd to see "Countdown" and "interested" in the same sentence.

It involves Vampire Batman taking on Communist Supes.

What more could you ask for ?

WrathfulDwarf
Countdown is just too large. But in reality...it's not really essential. If you want to get the bigger picture and get acquainted with the multiverse. Then Countdown is for you.

Your list is pretty good. As long as you have Superman and JLA you've pretty much got a good source to what's happening in DC Earth. Try to balance what books you want to follow. You can always skip fill-in writers. Here is how you can break down what you want.

If you're into Cosmic Events....Stick with GL and GL Corps.

If you're into DC earth...Supes, Batman, JLA, JSA, TT.

If you're into DC Magic...Shadowpact, Black Adam mini, Countdown to Mystery.

If you're into DC Crimeworld...Batman, Birds of Prey, Nightwing.

I cover as much as I can. There are books I dropped either because I hate the writer or I just don't feel like following anymore. Like Catwoman and Flash..and WW.

Bransolute
JSA is pretty good.
Kingdom Come Superman apparently meets Superman in the next one.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/22-1.jpg

I hope KC Superman kicks his willy anus.

willRules
I'm a DC a guy.

I would love to buy every month:

Superman
action comics
JLA
JSA
GL
Batman
Detective comics
GLC
TT
events

But in reality...money and time wise I can't

and DC dvd's (i need quite a but here to as well)

Well you picked six there so I'll do the same. If I were in your shoes I'd buy.....

GL
Batman
Events
JLA
GLC
TT

Although I'm slightly more of a Marvel fan so I can think of a couple of Marvel titles which I prefer to JLA or Teen Titans yes

OB1-adobe
JLA is a definite for me. I always looked at that book a the back bone of the DC universe.

Maybe I can do:

JLA
Superman
Batman
Green lantern
JSA
TT
Countdown
death of the new gods

See I'm torn cuz Ireally want to buy the rest of the archives,dvd's, and TPB I want to get, and that will be expensive and itl take a while.

My list for books as follows:

Archives:

JLA vol. 6-9
Batman vol.7
Batman darkknight vol. 2-the latest
Dynamic duo vol. 2
Superman vol.2-the latest
Action comics- all of them
Man of tomorrow 1-2
Green lantern 1-6
All star 1-11

TPB:
Superman for tomorrow
Superman time and time again
Cosmic odyssey
Batman war games 1,2,3
Batman no man's land 1-5
Kingdom come
Batman war crimes
Best stories by alan more( has killing joke as well as the last 2 stories of silver age superman)
Sale/loeb batman-long halloween, haunted knight, dark victory
Green lantern rebirth
soon to be coming TPB sinestro corps war

willRules
TPB:
Superman for tomorrow

I would not recommend this one. I bought both vol 1 and 2 for this. The plot line is very 2d and bland. The only good thing about this is Jim Lee's fantastic artwork, there some beautiful pics in those issues, but unless you are interested in the art alone, I don't recommend that story yes

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by willRules
I would not recommend this one. I bought both vol 1 and 2 for this. The plot line is very 2d and bland. The only good thing about this is Jim Lee's fantastic artwork, there some beautiful pics in those issues, but unless you are interested in the art alone, I don't recommend that story yes

Thats pretty much why I want to buy it.

I really dig how that guy draws Batman and superman

willRules
Totally agree, his Batman is fantastic yes

DigiMark007
Hopefully you've gotten enough advice. Closing now....we can't have threads devoted to peoples' personal odysseys through purchasing decisions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.