Patriots VS Colts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zjtrivium
When the Patriots play the Colts next week, who will win?

Being a biased Patriots fan, I choose not to vote.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I like both teams, but I feel that The Patriots are on another planet right now. The Patriots by 3 tds.

guy222
Colts by 7

botankus
If they win the coin flip, Colts by 72

If they win the coin flip, Pats by 83.14

Rogue Jedi
The Colts. They are 7-0 and kicking ass. the biggest factor is their confidence, which is soaring after ***** slapping the Pats in last years playoffs. Sure, Greg Brady has better numbers than Peyton, but I still see Peyton as a better all around QB.

botankus
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Sure, Greg Brady has better numbers than Peyton, but I still see Peyton as a better all around QB.

You know, Greg Brady was captain of his high school football team. Or was that the glee club?

WrathfulDwarf
Unlike last year Brady have some good receivers. Pats will take it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by botankus
You know, Greg Brady was captain of his high school football team. Or was that the glee club? no, remember he lied to his mom and told her he was the photographer for the school paper, when in fact he played football against her wishes?

Blax_Hydralisk
There both gay overrated teams.

Cowboys ftw!

T.O. ftw!

Oh wait.. this isn't a "who'se more popular thread".

Eh.

forumcrew
Originally posted by botankus
If they win the coin flip, Colts by 72

If they win the coin flip, Pats by 83.14

I like your very scientific break down.

botankus
Thanks. I get my insight from RJ.

TheGame17
patriots. but i'm sure it's gonna be a close game

TheGame17
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
There both gay overrated teams.

Cowboys ftw!

T.O. ftw!

Oh wait.. this isn't a "who'se more popular thread".

Eh.

T.O. is hella overrated. the only reason he's popular is because he does controversial things.

Patriots stomped the cowboys last time i checked..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I like both teams, but I feel that The Patriots are on another planet right now. The Patriots by 3 tds.

I hate both teams but I agree that The Patriots are on another planet right now.I hate to pick against Manning up in Indianapolis but the patriots seem unbeatable now that they got Randy Moss.He has really made a world of difference for that team if they werent good enough already as it was. mad

Pezmerga
I'm giving the nod to the home team, the Colts! Now it can go either way though...I just hope Laurence Maroney finally does something and Randy Moss keeps up his big play!!!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by TheGame17
T.O. is hella overrated. the only reason he's popular is because he does controversial things.

He's overhated, not overrated.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I'm giving the nod to the home team, the Colts! Now it can go either way though...I just hope Laurence Maroney finally does something and Randy Moss keeps up his big play!!!
i hope laurence maroney starts doing better. he had a good season last year, but he hasnt been the same since his surgery. it seems like sammy morris might take over the starting position instead.

Originally posted by TheGame17

T.O. had most dropped passes last year.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He's overhated, not overrated.
And then when the Cowboys played the Patriots, he wrote that letter saying that this will decide who the real 81 is. and the Patriots stomped the Cowboys... so I'm guessing it isn't him.

zjtrivium
WES WELKER IS A BEAST.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by zjtrivium
i hope laurence maroney starts doing better. he had a good season last year, but he hasnt been the same since his surgery. it seems like sammy morris might take over the starting position instead.

And then when the Cowboys played the Patriots, he wrote that letter saying that this will decide who the real 81 is. and the Patriots stomped the Cowboys... so I'm guessing it isn't him.

He's an arrogant ass.

He's still overhated, though.

Lord Evolution
We should just call this ACL Tear vs Peyton Manning. Colts are going to win this one, it will be a close game, decided by the final couple drives of the game.

41-38 Colts

Smasandian

But everybody forgets he led the NFC in TD catches.....

And that he broke his fingers, which in my opinion are pretty important in catching footballs.

Granted, he did lead the league in dropped passes but is still one of the more feared WR's in the game.

He's not overrated. I would think he is underrated because nonbody every talks about his ability to play football, but how much shit he storms up.

Somehow the media said that TO created all sort of team problems last year for the Cowboys, but as a devout Cowboy fan I didnt hear any grumbling between players. Also, nobody ever mentions how Sam Hurd is becoming a pretty good WR due to TO's help.

He caused shit in San Fran and Philly, but has yet to cause shit in Dallas. He's reputation is basically the reason for being thinking he causes shit now. Doesnt mean he wont though, just hasnt yet.

As a player though, he helps the Cowboys immensely.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Smasandian
But everybody forgets he led the NFC in TD catches.....

And that he broke his fingers, which in my opinion are pretty important in catching footballs.

Granted, he did lead the league in dropped passes but is still one of the more feared WR's in the game.

He's not overrated. I would think he is underrated because nonbody every talks about his ability to play football, but how much shit he storms up.

Somehow the media said that TO created all sort of team problems last year for the Cowboys, but as a devout Cowboy fan I didnt hear any grumbling between players. Also, nobody ever mentions how Sam Hurd is becoming a pretty good WR due to TO's help.

He caused shit in San Fran and Philly, but has yet to cause shit in Dallas. He's reputation is basically the reason for being thinking he causes shit now. Doesnt mean he wont though, just hasnt yet.

As a player though, he helps the Cowboys immensely.

he's a bit too confident, as well as delusional.
currently, compared to randy moss, he's crap.

"we're gonna see who the REAL #81 is"
and randy moss is the real #81

Smasandian
Oh really, he's crap compared to Moss.

So the past two years Moss was crap compared to Owens.

Did I say that TO was better than Moss. No I didnt. I just said he's good and he's getting shit end of the stick because of what he did in the past and what he isnt doing in the present.

Currently, Moss is playing better than TO. I dont give a shit.

Did Owens say in that quote that he is better than Moss, no he didnt.
This is hilarious. Where is everybody know who said Moss is overrated and shit when he played for the Raiders. Goes to show you all the bandwagoners who are giving handjobs to Moss.

zjtrivium
Oh really, he's crap compared to Moss.

So the past two years Moss was crap compared to Owens.

Did I say that TO was better than Moss. No I didnt. I just said he's good and he's getting shit end of the stick because of what he did in the past and what he isnt doing in the present.

Currently, Moss is playing better than TO. I dont give a shit.

Did Owens say in that quote that he is better than Moss, no he didnt.
This is hilarious. Where is everybody know who said Moss is overrated and shit when he played for the Raiders. Goes to show you all the bandwagoners who are giving handjobs to Moss.
Moss didn't have a QB the last two years.
Every team that T.O. has played for, he's had a good QB.
And Moss used to talk a lot of shit too, but now that he's with Belichick, you don't hear him say anything.
T.O. on the other hand still talk a lot of shit. And I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, he has a big mouth and that probably pumps up some of his players.

And he lead most catches in NFC, but that's just a division (don't get me wrong though, that's awesome for that to happen) but he lead the whole NFL in dropped passes. That means that out of every single reciever and running back that was passed to that season, he dropped the most of them.
I'm pretty sure that those are two completely different things.

And I like Randy Moss this year because he plays for the Patriots, not because he's dominating.

The_Mayor
Patriots are going to slotter them.
Manning- at least 2 interceptions 2 TD's.
Brady-1 interception 3 TD's and a win.

Score 34-21 Pats.

zjtrivium
Marvin Harrison might not play tomorrow.

batdude123
Marvin Harrison might not play tomorrow.

The doctors have cleared him to play, and he's saying that he really, REALLY wants to play this game.

And the medical advisors have said that the swelling in his knee is pretty much going to be a reoccurring problem for a long time. So he might as well go out and play.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by batdude123
The doctors have cleared him to play, and he's saying that he really, REALLY wants to play this game.

And the medical advisors have said that the swelling in his knee is pretty much going to be a reoccurring problem for a long time. So he might as well go out and play.
they said that he will have knee problems for the rest of his career. I heard it was a deep bruise in his knee.

Did it happen during a game or what?

Smasandian
Moss didn't have a QB the last two years.
Every team that T.O. has played for, he's had a good QB.
And Moss used to talk a lot of shit too, but now that he's with Belichick, you don't hear him say anything.
T.O. on the other hand still talk a lot of shit. And I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, he has a big mouth and that probably pumps up some of his players.

And he lead most catches in NFC, but that's just a division (don't get me wrong though, that's awesome for that to happen) but he lead the whole NFL in dropped passes. That means that out of every single reciever and running back that was passed to that season, he dropped the most of them.
I'm pretty sure that those are two completely different things.

And I like Randy Moss this year because he plays for the Patriots, not because he's dominating.

Actually, he lead the league in REC TD's last year with 13.

Am I'm saying TO is better than Moss, no. I just said he isnt overrated, which he isnt.

He have the most dropped passes in the league but he still played pretty damn well, also, he had a broken finger for the whole season. Does that mean it wasnt his fault, no, just meant that it might have contributed to the dropped passes.

zjtrivium
Actually, he lead the league in REC TD's last year with 13.

Am I'm saying TO is better than Moss, no. I just said he isnt overrated, which he isnt.

He have the most dropped passes in the league but he still played pretty damn well, also, he had a broken finger for the whole season. Does that mean it wasnt his fault, no, just meant that it might have contributed to the dropped passes.
yeah that makes sense. and the stats dont show what he's done during plays, like if he made a good juke or if he had a good catch, it just shows that he dropped most of them. and a lot of them probably werent his fault. some of them could have been bad passes or good coverage.

he's a good player, but i don't like him as a person. i think if i actually met him he would be a dick. like this one time i met kobe bryant at the coliseum (i dont know what he was doing there, seriously) and he wouldnt acknowledge the fact that he had like 3 people who wanted autographs. none of the italians knew who he was, you would think he could stop and hand out autographs to 3 twelve year olds, but he didnt.

But that's beside the point. I think that Randy Moss is on a completely different level than T.O...... seriously, i think he could go to the HOF.

Smasandian
Well, personally Moss is TO in terms of personality. Both are bad. Nonbody ever remembers anything that happens 3 months ago, let alone a year but Moss has been an ass just like TO.

Doesnt anybody remember him playing like shit on the field because he hated the team, or didnt like something. He would never finish out plays and gave up numerous times. That's the reason the Vikings traded him away. They couldnt take him anymore.

Two things that people forget about TO is that he never hits people with cars and he never, ever gives up on plays, or gives up on the field. I respect TO for that one reason, and only reason is because when he does play, he goes full out. Moss only goes full out when it benefits him, aka. the Patriots. Do people really think Moss would be Moss this year if he was on the Jets? **** no. He would complain and ***** all the time, just like TO.

My favourite quote is Belicheck saying Moss is smartest WR to play the game. That's complete bullshit. Before Brady, he wouldnt go down the middle and he just ran straight. In my opinion, the smartest WR in the league right now is Marvin Harrison. All class. Never complains, makes the big catch all the time and one of the best route runners in the game. Moss is future Hall of Famer easily, but nonbody ever remembers 3 minutes afterwords. If the Pats were playing like shit this year, Moss would be a completely different person. Atleast TO still plays the game, even though he talks alot shit.

zjtrivium
Well, personally Moss is TO in terms of personality. Both are bad. Nonbody ever remembers anything that happens 3 months ago, let alone a year but Moss has been an ass just like TO.

Doesnt anybody remember him playing like shit on the field because he hated the team, or didnt like something. He would never finish out plays and gave up numerous times. That's the reason the Vikings traded him away. They couldnt take him anymore.

Two things that people forget about TO is that he never hits people with cars and he never, ever gives up on plays, or gives up on the field. I respect TO for that one reason, and only reason is because when he does play, he goes full out. Moss only goes full out when it benefits him, aka. the Patriots. Do people really think Moss would be Moss this year if he was on the Jets? **** no. He would complain and ***** all the time, just like TO.

My favourite quote is Belicheck saying Moss is smartest WR to play the game. That's complete bullshit. Before Brady, he wouldnt go down the middle and he just ran straight. In my opinion, the smartest WR in the league right now is Marvin Harrison. All class. Never complains, makes the big catch all the time and one of the best route runners in the game. Moss is future Hall of Famer easily, but nonbody ever remembers 3 minutes afterwords. If the Pats were playing like shit this year, Moss would be a completely different person. Atleast TO still plays the game, even though he talks alot shit.
Moss was a dick until he joined the Patriots, I'm not even gonna lie. And I think he goes all out because Belicheck would bench his ass if he didn't. Raiders and Vikings (especially Raiders) aren't very disciplined teams.

I think that Wes Welker might be the smartest reciever on the team. He's my favorite. He's only dropped like two passes this season and he's only lost yards one time. You can see him give his all every play, like when he gets hit and his knee will be inches from the ground, but he keeps on pushing and gains an extra two yards.

Lord Evolution
Your fooling yourself if you think Owens had a good QB his whole career. Jeff Garcia was trash when he played for the 49ers and he rode Owens to multiple Pro Bowls, but the team wasn't successful because they had a sorry ass QB. And don't even get me started on Bledsoe. Owens didn't have a good QB throwing him the ball until he went to the Eagles. Moss came in the league and had Randal Cunningham as his QB then Culpepper...both were better than Garcia.

I would take T.O. over Moss any day of the week. He is the more complete receiver. But with their current numbers, they are both hall of famers. No doubt about that. Owens will last longer than Moss because of how he takes care of his body so he'll end up with better numbers, just hope he stays with Romo.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Your fooling yourself if you think Owens had a good QB his whole career. Jeff Garcia was trash when he played for the 49ers and he rode Owens to multiple Pro Bowls, but the team wasn't successful because they had a sorry ass QB. And don't even get me started on Bledsoe. Owens didn't have a good QB throwing him the ball until he went to the Eagles. Moss came in the league and had Randal Cunningham as his QB then Culpepper...both were better than Garcia.

I would take T.O. over Moss any day of the week. He is the more complete receiver. But with their current numbers, they are both hall of famers. No doubt about that. Owens will last longer than Moss because of how he takes care of his body so he'll end up with better numbers, just hope he stays with Romo.
you forgot about donovan mcnabb. he was good until he tore his acl. and he's still pretty good after that.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Lord Evolution

I would take TO over him too just because TO is an excellent blocker and not the Moss blocker who only blocks because he is on the Patriots.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
WES WELKER IS A BEAST.

Welker may have 10+ catches 4 100yds and a sore or two.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Welker may have 10+ catches 4 100yds and a sore or two.
yeah he averages ten yards per catch. his moves are sick, like the way he jukes after he catches the ball and stuff. he's gonna be really good in a couple of years.

zjtrivium
Sammy Morris is out for the season with a chest injury.

zjtrivium
24-20!!!!!!

botankus
I know this is a pretty obscure play, but does anybody remember the play in the 2nd quarter at the Colts' 40-yard-line, when Addai ran left and was met by the entire Patriots team. He cuts it back towards the middle, and the only freakin' human being from the hashmarks to the right side of the field was Manning. And he goes down at the LOS.

I seriously thought he was going to flea-flicker it back to Manning, but Manning was still selling the play-action 6 seconds later. I think if he would have just had the instinct to improvise, it could have been a monster play for the Colts.

BobbyD
When the Patriots play the Colts next week, who will win?

Being a biased Patriots fan, I choose not to vote.

...twas a great game. 1 thing standouts for me: How much of an affect does Marvin Harrison not being there have?

FistOfThe North
Even if i was a Colts fan i'd say Patriots. It was a good game i'll admit.

But on top of that, the N.E. Patriots are are the NFL's team of the decade, Bar None. Period.

WrathfulDwarf
The New England Patriots.

What more do you want?

Blax_Hydralisk
There annoying no expression

Cowboys ftw!

*Blindly cheers on team*

Mr Parker
gotta give props to the colts for hanging in their till the very end without their best wide receiver marvin harrison out and then Gonzalez getting hurt early on in the game.Wish this game could have been played like in the second week of the year because with those two guys out,the colts are very limited on what they can do on offense against a great team like the patriots.If this game is played early on like in the second week,well things might have turned out differently than they did.well never know but the fact is,without harrison and gonzalez,the colts were limited on what they could do offensively.Like Mike ditka and the other sportscasters were saying during the postgame report,For Manning to not have both marvin harrison and gonzalez at his disposal to throw to to make big plays for him,thats on the same lines as Brady not having both Randy Moss and Walker out of the lineup at the same time.

We all know about what an impact Randy Moss has had on this team but take away BOTH him and walker,and Tom Brady would be limited in what he could do on offense in the same way manning was missing two big playmakers that can turn a game around at anytime.I dont follow the patriots so I like many others arent familiar with their other receiver walker,but ditka and the others were saying he is a huge playmaker for Brady as well who is extremely underrated,that he is very valuable to that team and to Brady.well i been telling all my friends if the Patriots win THIS game,they will go 19-0 and win the whole thing because this would be the toughest test for them.Im standing by that.

Wish again this game could have been played in the second week of the season so that there wouldnt be any doubts on what the outcome would be with the colts missing both harrison and gonzalez.as they say in the NFL,its not WHO you play that determines your chances on winning many times,its WHEN you play them and that proved beneficial to the patriots defenders not having to line up against Harrison and gonzalez.

botankus
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Wish this game could have been played like in the second week of the year

Before the schedule was released in April, and knowing what New England had acquired, I have a slight feeling that CBS made a few calls to the NFL schedule makers.

BobbyD
gotta give props to the colts for hanging in their till the very end without their best wide receiver marvin harrison out and then Gonzalez getting hurt early on in the game.Wish this game could have been played like in the second week of the year because with those two guys out,the colts are very limited on what they can do on offense against a great team like the patriots.If this game is played early on like in the second week,well things might have turned out differently than they did.well never know but the fact is,without harrison and gonzalez,the colts were limited on what they could do offensively.Like Mike ditka and the other sportscasters were saying during the postgame report,For Manning to not have both marvin harrison and gonzalez at his disposal to throw to to make big plays for him,thats on the same lines as Brady not having both Randy Moss and Walker out of the lineup at the same time.

We all know about what an impact Randy Moss has had on this team but take away BOTH him and walker,and Tom Brady would be limited in what he could do on offense in the same way manning was missing two big playmakers that can turn a game around at anytime.I dont follow the patriots so I like many others arent familiar with their other receiver walker,but ditka and the others were saying he is a huge playmaker for Brady as well who is extremely underrated,that he is very valuable to that team and to Brady.well i been telling all my friends if the Patriots win THIS game,they will go 19-0 and win the whole thing because this would be the toughest test for them.Im standing by that.

Wish again this game could have been played in the second week of the season so that there wouldnt be any doubts on what the outcome would be with the colts missing both harrison and gonzalez.as they say in the NFL,its not WHO you play that determines your chances on winning many times,its WHEN you play them and that proved beneficial to the patriots defenders not having to line up against Harrison and gonzalez.

Agreed and well said. ...though I would have still picked the Pats yesterday. In week 2...pfff blink ...who knows?

zjtrivium

well said.
just a couple of things i have to say.
his name is wes welker. sounds a lot like welker tho. thats not what im replying about tho.
take away welker and moss and you still have a whole group of great patriots recievers. donte' stallworth is like a running back with hands, once he catches the ball he usually pics up a big gain. he can turn a small play into a twenty yarder.
chad jackson is an underestimated wide reciever. i've seen some of the stuff he did in college. its too bad they never play him, because he has really good hands. he's wicked fast too.
benjamin watson is one of the best tight ends in the league. not at blocking, but at recieving. he is the fastest tight end in the league and moves like a reciever. actually, i think he might be better than most recievers, because he can truck through a hit like a full back.
and even then, last year, tom brady made championship with virtually no recievers. im just saying, even if tom brady lost welker or moss (even though i hope it never happens) he could still do something with it.

but you pretty much captured what i was thinking man.
9-0!!!

Barker
Pats will go undefeated.

Until they lose to San Diego in the playoffs! haermm haermm haermm

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Barker
Pats will go undefeated.

Now that marty the moron isnt around this time,you may be right. laughing The chargers wont have to worry about playing Martyball in the playoffs because martyball doesnt work come playoff time. big grin Plus Norvs mind wont freeze up in the playoffs like martys always did. laughing

zjtrivium
Pats will go undefeated.

Not unless you guys traded LT for Adrian Peterson.

Barker
Now that marty the moron isnt around this time,you may be right. laughing The chargers wont have to worry about playing Martyball in the playoffs because martyball doesnt work come playoff time. big grin Plus Norvs mind wont freeze up in the playoffs like martys always did. laughing
haermm

Norv is an idiot, I want Marty back. haermm
Not unless you guys traded LT for Adrian Peterson.
LT for him and a good first rounder or two. no expression

Mr Parker
haermm

Norv is an idiot, I want Marty back. haermm

Naw marty is a BIGGER idiot.his mind always freeezes up in the playoffs.the chargers will be back next year and norv wont cost them a first round game like marty always does.

Smasandian
Whose to say Turner is going to be back again next year and that the Chargers will be good?

They have LT and Gates as their only offensive weapons and LT could fall into that gap on where amazing RB's turn into good RB's after a certian amount of years.

On defense, they're good but not great. They miss Phillips and Merriman is only good at attacking the QB.

Röland
Phil Savage has expressed interest in shopping for Turner if he is let go this off-season. Jamal Lewis is still a good, but aging, back and it'd be nice to have a one, two combo with Turner.

Smasandian
Maybe, but he really doesnt have anything to offer to the Chargers for Turner.

They have no first rounder and I dont know if an second rounder will be enough, and all thier guys are young. I cant think of anybody on that team that the Chargers would like and the Browns are willing to give up.

Röland
Maybe, but he really doesnt have anything to offer to the Chargers for Turner.

True. laughing out loud

Mr Parker
Whose to say Turner is going to be back again next year and that the Chargers will be good?

They have LT and Gates as their only offensive weapons and LT could fall into that gap on where amazing RB's turn into good RB's after a certian amount of years.

On defense, they're good but not great. They miss Phillips and Merriman is only good at attacking the QB.

well you got to remember the chargers are a very patient organization.Hell look how long they stuck with Mike Riley.They were ignorant enough to bring him back the following year after he went only 1-15 the previous year.btw,I'm sure you know who that ONE team is that the chargers beat that year staying away from going winless that year right? big grin so being that patient,unless the chargers like lost every game the rest of the year,I dont see why they wouldnt bring him back.

They realise that the reason they got off to such a slow start is because the players were trying to make adjustments to the new coaching staff.you cant expect a new coach with an entire new coaching staff to come in the following year and the team not miss a beat,to be in great working order.thats just not logical.They realise that the players are going through an adjustment period getting to the new coaching staff,they didnt expect Norv to go 14-2 and have the best record in the NFL again.Last year just happened to be an exceptional year for them.

Losing BOTH thier offensive coordinater and defensive coordinater has had a huge effect on them.If Norm had arrived and coud have retained those assistants,then I dont see them stumbing off to such a horrible start,Cameron was the straw that sirred the drink for that offense and made it so dangerous.that was a huge loss for them.same with Phillips.They miss phillips and cameron big time.they were the ones that made the offense and defense so great.thats why I say,the owner and general manager realise its going to take at least a year for them to feel comfortable with the new coaching staff so Norv will be back at least for next year for sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.