Will Kobe Stay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
I hope so

He's the best player in the game. I don't understand why the Laker brass won't get the young man some help

Lord Evolution
Yeah the dude is in his prime and has done everything for the organization, and they keep getting younger and sorrier every season. I hope he stays, we would be far worse off without him. It's ultimately up to him because of the no trade clause that he would have to waive. If he wants to be a Laker, then he'll remain one. I wouldn't blame him or hold it against him if he were to waive the clause and be traded, he deserves to be on a team that actually cares about winning and not selling tickets, because that is what he is being "used" for in LA.

guy222
good point

BobbyD
Yeah, but I don't want him in Chicago either. ...would have to give up our future for him, and we're just becoming a contender for the Eastern Conference title. Well, it looked that way anway until Baahston added KG and Allen.

SpaceMonkey
He should stay but he won't. As a longtime Lakers fan trust me when I say the Buss ego is too big. Same reason Shaq was traded.

WrathfulDwarf
I honestly hope he leaves. Finally I could tune into sports radio shows without having to hear what Kobe is doing.

guy222
Its quite annoying

As a fan since '79-80, I hope Laker brass can keep the talented guard

vandalworks
if they get a good deal for kobe, do it. the lakers are young, and if theres a potential number 1 pick next year who could be a great player, trade for that and some decent experienced players who can help th eyouth on the team develop. i still think theres a little more to come from kwame, hes shown some promise and if he gets consistant, he becomes solid. which is a rare thing in the league... a solid center!

guy222
kwame has potential...just show it

Darth Martin
they should have gotten Jermaine O'neal when they had the chance.

WrathfulDwarf
Kobe is becoming one of those love/hate NBA players. You would love to have his skills in your team. But you hate his ego and whore attention.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
they should have gotten Jermaine O'neal when they had the chance.

They should have got Kidd when they had the chance.

Myth
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Kobe is becoming one of those love/hate NBA players. You would love to have his skills in your team. But you hate his ego and whore attention.

"Becoming"? He has been that for years.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Myth
They should have got Kidd when they had the chance. J.O. would impact their team more than Kidd. Kobe is just as good a passer as Kidd and plus they already have Fisher

Smasandian
Who gives a shit.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
J.O. would impact their team more than Kidd. Kobe is just as good a passer as Kidd and plus they already have Fisher

Kidd would help Kobe get easy buckets, as opposed to Kobe trying to create his own baskets. Fisher? I'd take Kidd's off games over Fisher's "on" games.

vandalworks
kobes as good a passer? get real.

kidd has always had a good impact on whatever team hes joined, and theres good reason for that. i dont think this is as big an issue as it is to warrant a thread of its own though.

Joey Stacks
Kobe is as good a passer as Kidd, probably better, he's just not even close to the floor manager, ball handler, etc as Kidd. Oh and his vision, while good, pales in comparison to Kidd.

But if you need to get the ball in a tight spot, Kobe's just as good for the job as Kidd.

koolruningz
Kobe is not even in Kidds realm as a passer, Kidd has that rare ability to see things happening before they do like all the great PG's. Kobe can make good passes when he is confident his teammates will do something with it, but its not his natural game.
Its kinda like saying MJ was as good as Magic at passing, was MJ a good passer? sure but thats not his natural game. He could find the open man but his natural instinct is to create his own shot like Kobe. Nothing wrong with that when you are a 2 guard, thats your job by definition - score first.
As for the Kidd trade, it sounds nice on paper but it would have left us ridiculously thin at center. Bynum, Kwame and another would have had to go which would have left us with Turiaf and Cook at center, thats not gonna accomplish anything in the West. As much as i love Kidd's game (ever since he was at Dallas) i dont think he would solve the Lakers problems and in the West you need size to overcome the Spurs, Suns, Rockets and Jazz. Kidd would no doubt get easier shots for everyone but if the triangle offense is run properly easy shots are available anyway. Also in the triangle the PG spot is switched to the 2, think about all the "PG's" that have had success in the triangle - Paxon, Armstrong, Kerr, Shaw, Fisher, all of those guys are shooters and unfortunately that is Kidds one weakness.
As for JO the way he is playing now i think the Pacers would trade him for a bottle of Gaterade. I originally said that i wouldnt trade Odom and Bynum for him and i stand by that, especially since Bynum is improving every year. I think once Odom gets his timing back we could be a good team, better than any team Kobe will be left with after he is traded to them. If we focus on defense, share the ball and have Kobe perform his heroics every now and then we can surprise some people. Kobe has been playing incredible ball after our first game against the Rockets, defensively he is playing the way i always wanted to see. Thats where he can help the Lakers the most, shutting down his man and disrupting the opponents offense with weakside blocks and steals. Thats also what has always separated him from MJ imo, MJ used to intimidate his opponents on both ends of the floor - this year Kobe is doing the same.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I do hope he stays. As for Kidd, that boy should stay right where he is at.

Darth Martin
If Kobe has faith in his teamates he can make some really great passes and stacck assists but normally they wont make their shots. And kobe has great vision of the court, hes 6'7.

guy222
Laker bench is incredible. If Rad, Farmar and Bynum play like that all yr good things for the Lakers

Darth Martin
Yea they're starting to come on this thear with wins over Houston, Pheonix, and Detroit. I can't wait til they play then Celtics.

guy222
Friday

Lakers gonna win

JediSamuraiMRB
At 6-3, Lakers look real good.

Hidden Lotus
he must go to the kings 131

guy222
nah

JediSamuraiMRB
Lakers looking good

2 games out of 1st

guy222
yes rock happy

Darth Martin
Thank God he stayed, can't see him with another team.

TheGame17
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I do hope he stays. As for Kidd, that boy should stay right where he is at.

Kidd deserves WAYYY better!!
the Nets suck!

Darth Martin
Yea but looking at it now where Bynum is and is heading I would let Bynum stay at the cost of getting Kidd.

guy222
Lakers are the biggest surprise this yr. Kobe is playing at MVP caliber again. Bynum is amazing

guy222
Lakers will be in 1st place with a win at Seattle and the Spurs beat Phoenix

Keeping my fingers crossed for Andrew's MRI

Healing Artisan
was at the lak vs memphis game tonight.

farmar has really impressed me.

guy222
Jordan leads the 2nd unit well

Javaris has talent also. Has to stop the fancy dribbing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.