Revan vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thebozo1
You guys did not talk about Kyle Katarn properly in the past threads i had read, this is why i actually joined this forum and am now writing about it!
All you guyz sed dat Revan wud blow Kyle Katarn to bits hands down, but you all forgot, that Kyle is in many ways similiar to Revan! They both command the light and dark sid eof the force however they wish without being corrupted, they are both of neutral karma (As Malak said, You neither Belong to the Light nor the Dark Revan) or something like that and that Kyle was a mercenary just doing his job for his own cause, even became a jedi just to harness the power for his own cause...avenge Jan's (fake) death!

Now, there are similarities here but i must also say Revan and Kyle are completely opposites knowledge wise....Revan's hunger for knowledge would not stop its feed, that is why he even went and studies the sith ways, but on the other hand, Kyle does not seem like a knowledge seeking guy at all!

Now for the skill part, Revan would've won hands down for shore...But all you guys forgot that Kyle has been to the Valley of the Jedi twice, and harnessed its power!!! The power of thousands of dark and light Jedi are imbued into Kyle!!

I would say both these guys are equal

what do u guys reckon???

Thiru
kyle has done impressive things, kill 7 dark jedi with no training etc

thebozo1
Not just any dark jedi, if i recall, they were each all dark jedi masters!

Se7in
Which Kyle is this? Pre-Outcast? Outcast? Academy? Yuuzhan Vong War?

His skills change immensely depending on which era you're talking about.

vader11
Kyle at his peak would beat revan I think...

Sith Dude
In intelligence, Revan would win because of that whole plan he came up with to defend the republic from the "True Sith".

In Leadership, Revan would win because of how well he led the Sith armada (till Malak messed it up lol).

The Force, Revan because of all the time he spent studing Sith arts. Also he was able to use his willpower to feed on the power of Malachor 5 (sorry if i spelt that wrong lol). It would be close though because of Kyle having the power of the valley of the jedi.

Lightsaber, I'm not sure who would be stronger because we do not know enough about their lightsaber skills, but revan certainly accomplished much more then Kyle ever did, so it'd be smarter to assume that Revan was better with the saber.

vader11
Isn't Kyle's saber skill is second to none(Luke probably) in the order?

thebozo1
If i may recall, Kyle too is stronger than Luke due to the fact that Luke was afraid that Kyle would turn over to the dark side, thus he was trying to persuade Kyle a lot, Not only this, but also that Luke was also fighting Desann, but losing badly, that is why he and Kyle fled from Desann's flagship, but remember Kyle defeated Desann without a sweat!

Kyle also uses Graples and disarming moves to defeat his opponents, I have never seen Revan fight hand to hand yet...

Se7in
Originally posted by thebozo1
If i may recall, Kyle too is stronger than Luke due to the fact that Luke was afraid that Kyle would turn over to the dark side, thus he was trying to persuade Kyle a lot, Not only this, but also that Luke was also fighting Desann, but losing badly, that is why he and Kyle fled from Desann's flagship, but remember Kyle defeated Desann without a sweat!

Kyle also uses Graples and disarming moves to defeat his opponents, I have never seen Revan fight hand to hand yet...

Wow. Virtually all of your post is false.

Kyle is not stronger than Luke. Luke has tried to prevent EVERY single Dark Sider he's come across to return to the Light. To say he wanted Kyle as an ally because he was stronger is one of the worst assumptions I've ever read.

Luke fought Desann and was bested true, but to say he was losing badly is an extreme stretch.

Then to say Kyle defeated Desann without a sweat? That is an extremely unsubstantiated claim. You can't judge the fight on how well Kyle did because you controlled him. All we know, is that he beat him, period. Nothing more can be assumed.

0°Mandalore°0
God, I can't believe how stupid the newbies' logic can be...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Se7in
Kyle is not stronger than Luke. Luke has tried to prevent EVERY single Dark Sider he's come across to return to the Light. To say he wanted Kyle as an ally because he was stronger is one of the worst assumptions I've ever read.

Don't you mean trying to turn them back???

Luke fought Desann and was bested true, but to say he was losing badly is an extreme stretch.

And Desann was infused with the power from the valley of the Jedi and yet Luke managed to hold his own against him even though he was attacked from behind by Desann.

((The_Anomaly))
If its NJO Kyle then he easily stomps and sh!ts on Revan in all categories.

Thiru
Originally posted by Sith Dude
In intelligence, Revan would win because of that whole plan he came up with to defend the republic from the "True Sith". Intelligence in tactics are irrelevant to a fight

In Leadership, Revan would win because of how well he led the Sith armada (till Malak messed it up lol). So?

The Force, Revan because of all the time he spent studing Sith arts. Also he was able to use his willpower to feed on the power of Malachor 5 (sorry if i spelt that wrong lol). It would be close though because of Kyle having the power of the valley of the jedi. This is debatable

Lightsaber, I'm not sure who would be stronger because we do not know enough about their lightsaber skills, but revan certainly accomplished much more then Kyle ever did, so it'd be smarter to assume that Revan was better with the saber. Your kidding right? Your nothing more than a raging hormone fanboy of revan.

Kyle killed 7 dark jedi on his own despite the fact that he has not been trained in the ways of the force

Darth Hord
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
If its NJO Kyle then he easily stomps and sh!ts on Revan in all categories.

This fight would not be easy for either one of them to win.

Sabers goes to kyle ,force is much closer than you are implying and an all out would be a rough fight for kyle to win, there is no wtf stomping here.

0°Mandalore°0
I agree with Hord. In terms of Force power, Revan could be on par with Kyle, maybe even more powerful... though not by far.
In a lightsaber duel, however, Kyle takes this.
All out, could go either way... though I personally think Kyle would win after a very tough fight.

Lowish
*sigh* where to begin?... Lets see aww yes..here.

Lets start with my opinion of the victor. Revan would win.

WHY? It is true that Kyle Katarn is a very skilled Jedi, one of the best. I give him credit for facing the 7 dark jedi(not all of which were masters ex. Yun). Not to mention other numerous reborn as well as dessan and tavion. etc. etc.

Revan on the other hand defeated well over hundreds of jedi, dark jedi, and sith followers. Defeated Darth Malak(who is exceptionally skilled in saber combat) was an apprentice to more then a handful of masters so his knowledge was extraordinary. I as well as others have agreed that Revan is potentially the Second most powerful Darth to Sidious. If you want my evidence of that ask im try6ing to stay on topic so i wont explain it all.

However for you Kyle believers i do say this....Revan is is Character design for an RPG....RPG are known for having uber powerful characters because they have to. Everything get more powerful and more powerful. Kyle was desgined for an FPS/RPG. so he is somewhat the same. BUT....since we have to consider it all Cannon...Revan has the clearcut advantage.

please...if you have anything to correct or argue please do.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lowish
*sigh* where to begin?... Lets see aww yes..here.

Lets start with my opinion of the victor. Revan would win.

WHY? It is true that Kyle Katarn is a very skilled Jedi, one of the best. I give him credit for facing the 7 dark jedi(not all of which were masters ex. Yun). Not to mention other numerous reborn as well as dessan and tavion. etc. etc.

Revan on the other hand defeated well over hundreds of jedi, dark jedi, and sith followers. Defeated Darth Malak(who is exceptionally skilled in saber combat) was an apprentice to more then a handful of masters so his knowledge was extraordinary. I as well as others have agreed that Revan is potentially the Second most powerful Darth to Sidious. If you want my evidence of that ask im try6ing to stay on topic so i wont explain it all.

However for you Kyle believers i do say this....Revan is is Character design for an RPG....RPG are known for having uber powerful characters because they have to. Everything get more powerful and more powerful. Kyle was desgined for an FPS/RPG. so he is somewhat the same. BUT....since we have to consider it all Cannon...Revan has the clearcut advantage.

please...if you have anything to correct or argue please do.

Revan being more powerful in the force than Kyle isn't debatable. Likewise, Kyle being more powerful than Revan with a saber is pretty much obvious.

Lowish
Darth Sexy...I was ignorant when it came to information of kyle katarn, i did not know enough at the time of my post but i have just done research on it, and i must agree now that Kyle is the victor in terms of Saber Combat, atleast for now. (Revan has yet more appearance sure to come) So i guess in an all out battle, it would be close, very close. im sure that given more then one oppurunity to fight, both will have won against each other.

Darth Hord
As of now im kyle wins sabers, revan in the force but i can't stretch how close it will be. All out im going to lean towards revan.

@Lowish So does kyle. And in regards for Revan's saber skills for him to be placed above kyle their needs cutscenes and quotes from kotor 3 (if it is made) their give some detail about his saber skills. We already knows he is a saber prodigy but we need more specific details from something like a book. So as of now Revan is one of the most powerful force users, with a good sabers skills that have not been fully documented which is a handicap of his in duels since more character's saber skills are better known.

Lowish
@Darth Horde

Agreed. I did hear(though not known for sure) that they are making a Kotor MMORPG. Perhaps in the future the results of this duel will change.

Darth Hord
And until they cover his saber skill more in some other sources(ie. a novel) or have cutscenes or quotes about in a video game. And even then the depth of the info will have an affect on it because Kyle has enough evidence for him to be considered the of the top duelist int he NJO and ever.

And in regards to the kotor game. No info has been released by either bioware (who is I believed to be own by EA) or lucas arts have said whether it is ktor 2 or an mmo.

((The_Anomaly))
I'd also like to add that Kyle is just one tough mofugger. He's Basically the Jedi version of Han Solo which in itself is just pure pwnage. Needless to say Revan gets stomped in saber combat.

ThoraxeRMG
I believe Revan would win.

2D_MASTER
Yeah , Kyle Katarn seems to be a pretty bad ass Jedi. Unfortunately, his power was all plot induced (he went through the valley of the Jedi), therefore his power and skill are high. I've also read that Katarn was one of the top Jedi Masters of the NJO (on the official Star Wars page). So he must a f*cking monster if he is a master with numerous non jedi-weapons as well as a master of dark/light jedi powers, plus he kicks ass with a lightsaber... all this without any formal training.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.