Is it just me....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
..or do all the Democratic and Republican candidates start to look/seem the same after a while?

I mean, when looking between so n' so n' so from the Republican party, they seem to be the same.

And the same between the Democratic candidates too, no?

Does anyone really stick out from either side despite what the polls are saying?

inimalist
Ron Paul does, as do some of the less voted for candidates, but the mainstream of what a country wants to vote for normally limits the variability amongst who can really be run.

The party nominations, imho as a non-American, seem to be "what face do we want to put on our brand". You want diversity, teach kids about more than the left/right political spectrum and do it before grade 10.

Shakyamunison
Of course it's just you. laughing

chithappens
I still can't find a solid platform for any presidential canidate (unless they are republican and just bash Clinton).

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BobbyD
..or do all the Democratic and Republican candidates start to look/seem the same after a while?

I mean, when looking between so n' so n' so from the Republican party, they seem to be the same.

Does anyone really stick out from either side despite what the polls are saying?

They always look the same. That is why I avoid either end of the spectrum.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Of course it's just you. laughing eek!

Shaaaaaky, why I oughtta......

laughing

Shakyamunison
eek!

Shaaaaaky, why I oughtta......

laughing

laughing

dadudemon
Like our resident minimalist* stated, Ron Paul is probably very different than either side.

*Yes, I did that on purpose.

Darth_Erebus2
What does it matter? Big business runs this country anyway. You keep hearing about how much money each candidate has raised. Well.....somebody is going to want something for all that money.

ragesRemorse

yes, they all seem the same because they all say what it takes to get elected.

debbiejo

Does anyone really stick out from either side despite what the polls are saying? All the Repulicans are wacko.

inimalist
Originally posted by debbiejo
All the Repulicans are wacko.

not ron paul

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
All the Repulicans are wacko. you stupid, stupid person.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
you stupid, stupid person. They are not in tune with the party. This is the first time where they are all over the place, is what I mean.

BobbyD
Originally posted by dadudemon
Like our resident minimalist stated, Ron Paul is probably very different than either side.

Yes, this is true. I find him more bizarre than anything else. laughing out loud

dadudemon
Yes, this is true. I find him more bizarre than anything else. laughing out loud

I think he is what they call a fundamental Republican. Strangelove, could you clear that up for us...seeing as you are the resident Poli Sci Major.

Bardock42
I think he is what they call a fundamental Republican. Strangelove, could you clear that up for us...seeing as you are the resident Poli Sci Major. I do not approve of statements like that as they just further the stereotype that Strangelove has a point.

dadudemon
I do not approve of statements like that as they just further the stereotype that Strangelove has a point.

*insert comment about his education here*

and

Bla bla..etc.

Grand Poobah, etc.

Captain King
The reason they look the same is because they are the same. There's no real differance when you get right down to thier policies.

Both support taxes
Both support government involvement in our personal lives
Both support death to Americans
(The only differance is democrats support it before you're born
And republicans support it after you're eighteen)
Both want to fence-up our borders not so much to keep illegals out but keep us in

It's ****ing ridoucles. Evidently America's slogan should just be
"Hello thar: Would you like to die now or later?"

The only decent politician is Alan Keyes.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Captain King
The reason they look the same is because they are the same. There's no real differance when you get right down to thier policies.

Both support taxes
Both support government involvement in our personal lives
Both support death to Americans
(The only differance is democrats support it before you're born
And republicans support it after you're eighteen)
Both want to fence-up our borders not so much to keep illegals out but keep us in

It's ****ing ridoucles. Evidently America's slogan should just be
"Hello thar: Would you like to die now or later?"

The only decent politician is Alan Keyes.

Riiiiiight...The USA is just a horrible evil country. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who broke your kanuter valve?

Captain King
This country is having more and more resembalnce to nazi germany.

Okay, so there's no gas chambers
And we loooove the jews (which arguably is a minus lol)

But so what? It's still a blindly nationalistic country, with corrupt leaders, and death around every corner.

Hitler may have died, but the nazis won world war two...

dadudemon

But so what? It's still a blindly nationalistic country, with corrupt leaders, and death around every corner.

Get the f*ck out of my country then.

Go live in Mexico City for a few years than then come back and tell me what you think of the USA. death

anaconda
I think US is allright, like alll other countries it has its faults but if you dont like it you have someting called free elections where you can change the leadership

looking at this its obvious ignorance won

LHG
Personally I blame botox for the bland, rubber-mask facial appearance of politicians. Or maybe it's in the water.

If you want a politician who still is capable of facial expression, there's always Dennis Kucinich, I suppose.

Bardock42

Go live in Mexico City for a few years than then come back and tell me what you think of the USA. death I mean, to be fair, your country sucks.

But Mexico has smelly Mexicans, so you win this round.

inimalist

Go live in Mexico City for a few years than then come back and tell me what you think of the USA. death

or move to canada where we share many (if not more) of the benefits of western capitalism without an executive branch that tries to use the constitution to centralize power smile

dadudemon
I mean, to be fair, your country sucks.

But Mexico has smelly Mexicans, so you win this round.

AAAA HAhAHAHAHAAHA laughing

I love you, Bardock42.

Originally posted by inimalist
or move to canada where we share many (if not more) of the benefits of western capitalism without an executive branch that tries to use the constitution to centralize power smile

You know, you have a point. I really do not disagree with you.

I could get a nice IT job in Toronto that probably pays better than my current one.

Blax_Hydralisk
Too bad Canada is cold beyond all fvcking hell. I don't like snow and ice, plain and simple, hence why I live in California.

Quark_666

confused

Devil King

you do a piss poor job of impersonating me.

inimalist
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Too bad Canada is cold beyond all fvcking hell. I don't like snow and ice, plain and simple, hence why I live in California.

Southern Ontario is further south than northern California wink

lol, the cold builds character smile

dadudemon
Southern Ontario is further south than northern California wink

LIES!!! They're lies I tell you!!!

inimalist
LIES!!! They're lies I tell you!!!

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/images/graphics/maps/NA_centered_100deg_Brdrs_Sanct.gif

http://www.johomaps.com/na/nablank.jpg

http://www.blairstripsteel.com/map%20north%20america.jpg

lol, its VERY close (technically our southern border is just a bit further south than your northern border), but for people who face a Canadian winter, being able to say they are further south than some people in California is a great way to keep sane.

dadudemon
http://www.learner.org/jnorth/images/graphics/maps/NA_centered_100deg_Brdrs_Sanct.gif

http://www.johomaps.com/na/nablank.jpg

http://www.blairstripsteel.com/map%20north%20america.jpg

lol, its VERY close (technically our southern border is just a bit further south than your northern border), but for people who face a Canadian winter, being able to say they are further south than some people in California is a great way to keep sane.

HAHA...dude, I wasn't serious...I was pretending to be an American in denial.

inimalist
HAHA...dude, I wasn't serious...I was pretending to be an American in denial.

lol, i thought so, but still... I showed you wink

King Kandy
If you look at Hillary Clinton then the Parties sure as hell are becoming the same.

Devil King
Originally posted by King Kandy
If you look at Hillary Clinton then the Parties sure as hell are becoming the same.

But, can you tell us how?

Captain King
Originally posted by Devil King
Step One: Create a two party monopoly.
Step Two: ????
Step Three: PROFIT!

Devil King
Step One: Create a two party monopoly.
Step Two: ????
Step Three: PROFIT!

I didn't ask you, and you don't seem to know the answer. So why speak?

Darth_Erebus2

He's right, both parties are the same. Both take the bulk of their financial contributions from the same corporate donors who then want whichever party is in power to govern favorably to the interests of large corporations who will pull the plug on the money if they don't. Both major parties are two sides of the same coin.

Vote Green Party

BobbyD
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2
He's right, both parties are the same. Both take the bulk of their financial contributions from the same corporate donors who then want whichever party is in power to govern favorably to the interests of large corporations who will pull the plug on the money if they don't. Both major parties are two sides of the same coin.

Vote Green Party

Sad, but true. sad

Devil King
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2

Vote Green Party

Sure, he's right in that both parties are owned by big buisness. No question.

But can he tell me how the parties <- are the same?

dadudemon
Sure, he's right in that both parties are owned by big buisness. No question.

But can he tell me how the parties <- are the same?

You mean can he tell you MORE about how they are the same.

ADarksideJedi
It is just you.Repubicans for some reason look nice and the Dems evil.Not sure why but t o me it looks like that.jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is just you.Repubicans for some reason look nice and the Dems evil.Not sure why but t o me it looks like that.jm That is because you are clinically retarded, Jacky sweety hug

Quark_666
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is just you.Repubicans for some reason look nice and the Dems evil.Not sure why but t o me it looks like that.jm

Rudy Gulliani looks nice?

lord xyz
After Clinton and Blair, people hae been trying to go for that Centrist option that the people so popularly supported. Of course, Bush ****ed it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.