Sentry vs Sinestro(Sinestro Corp)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Paragon
Who wields greater power, Sinestro has experience, it is claimed that Sentry is the most powerful of all who would win.

TricksterPriest
Sinestro rolls him into a blunt and smokes him. durpot

Tony Stark
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sinestro rolls him into a blunt and smokes him. durpot

Ahhhh... Although i enjoy the smilie. I believe it maybe an actual portrait of you after that comment.

SENTRY stomps.

wink

Switch 07
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Ahhhh... Although i enjoy the smilie. I believe it maybe an actual portrait of you after that comment.

SENTRY stomps.

wink Wrong as always.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Switch 07
Wrong as always.

co-signed

Tony Stark
Wrong as always.

You've corrected me again... laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

NOT!

Switch 07

NOT!

Actually you were right in the first part. I corrected you. Anyone with half a brain could.

Master-Borg
Anyone with half a brain could.

so you only have HALF a brain? no wonder. no expression

Estacado

NOT!
You can stop with the bullshit Greg.estahuh

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Estacado
You can stop with the bullshit Greg.estahuh

evil face

Soljer
Sinestro.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Soljer
Sinestro. cannot stalemate Galactus

Estacado
Originally posted by Master-Borg
cannot stalemate Galactus
I doubt he would have too much problems with Ultron.estahuh

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Estacado
I doubt he would have too much problems with Ultron.estahuh he would if he had a penis

Soljer
cannot stalemate Galactus

But wouldn't be bloodied by Iron Man, have trouble with something as simple as a helicarrier, or get his ass kicked by Femtron.

Galan007
Sinestro -- and easily at that. srsly

Switch 07
so you only have HALF a brain? no wonder. no expression Did I say JUST half a brain. No. A full brain like mine for example.

You are lucky to get quarter of a brain Master Tool. big grin

Anyway didn't you leave? confused

Barbarian Shams
Sinestro would not even have to exert himself to beat the mentally unstable Sentry. Psychological warfare is something that Sinestro can do very well, and he may very well use some of that to take out Sentry without having to use too much power. All I'm saying is, sometimes the best way to get someone is to break them mentally, and I believe Sinestro could very well do that.

Photon009
Sentry beats right through Sinestro's constructs and shields and breaks Sinestro in half. Fight over.

Estacado
Originally posted by Photon009
Sentry beats right through Sinestro's constructs and shields and breaks Sinestro in half. Fight over.
No.estahuh

Your Friend
Originally posted by Photon009
Great post. I agree.

not really

Estacado
Your Friend?estahuh

tkitna
Sentry

Avlon
Sinestro pulls The Void out of Sentry and uses it against him through Sentry's fear.

Sinestro wins. smile

SevenShackles
sentry has to many issues.. and even without them sinestro puts him down. seems like common sense O_o

Sirius77
Sinestro. Generally he stalemates hal, and not only
is he versitile, but he is also EXTREMELY skilled. But
all of that aside, he could just scare sentry into another
breakdown. Its not that hard... hes not that mentally stable..

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Sirius77
is he versitile, but he is also EXTREMELY skilled. But
all of that aside, he could just scare sentry into another
breakdown. Its not that hard... hes not that mentally stable..

soooo sentry throws himself into the sun? BFR FTW.

Sirius77
lol, I guess.

Tony Stark
But wouldn't be bloodied by Iron Man, have trouble with something as simple as a helicarrier, or get his ass kicked by Femtron.

So is it worse to be bloodied by a CL100 character or a peak human...?

confused

llagrok
Originally posted by SevenShackles
soooo sentry throws himself into the sun? BFR FTW.

There's that pesky ring though

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by llagrok
There's that pesky ring though

But I thought that these days K-nite has little affect on Superman. How can this be then that Batman rocked him in that pic?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
But I thought that these days K-nite has little affect on Superman. How can this be then that Batman rocked him in that pic?
That doesnt even really look like regular batman...more like the spectre in batmans costume,context would be nice.

Galvaclaw
So is it worse to be bloodied by a CL100 character or a peak human...?

confused

That was Batman with the power of blackrock. Making him easily a class 100 near to Superman's level.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
That was Batman with the power of blackrock. Making him easily a class 100 near to Superman's level. thanks...

Good job giving context tony roll eyes (sarcastic)

fatgogeta
Sinestro just crushed Ion several issues back, and anyone who thinks the Sentry beats any version of Ion needs to go lie down.

CaptainStoic
I need to take a nap.... laughing out loud

KK the Great
is he versitile, but he is also EXTREMELY skilled.

You joking?

Generally he faced Hal armed with Hal's specific weakness, and he still always got whooped.

CaptainStoic
How does Lobo break out of those energy cubes, as does Wonder Woman? Yet, no one believes Sentry could? Superman flexed once and broke a Green Lanterns cube. I think the people on this forum are putting too much stock on these ring weilders.

tkitna
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
How does Lobo break out of those energy cubes, as does Wonder Woman? Yet, no one believes Sentry could? Superman flexed once and broke a Green Lanterns cube. I think the people on this forum are putting too much stock on these ring weilders.

Its the hate for Sentry more than anything else.

UniOmni
Sentry could mollywhop Surfer, Thor, BRB and Gladiator in quick succession, and he'd still be called subsuperman level.

He can't win on KMC.

Bransolute
Originally posted by UniOmni
Sentry could mollywhop Surfer, Thor, BRB and Gladiator in quick succession, and he'd still be called subsuperman level.

He can't win on KMC. True to a degree...

vlaaad12345

He can't win on KMC.
When he actually starts doing that ill start respecting him,but right now that just doesnt look like its going to happen.

Soljer

He can't win on KMC.

Totally untrue.

If he legitimately beat the Surfer or Thor, I'd be the first to sing his praises.

Beating Iron Man? Not quite as impressive.

KK the Great
Totally untrue.

If he legitimately beat the Surfer or Thor, I'd be the first to sing his praises.

I'll go out on a limb and say that beating Iron Man in Iron Man's book would be more impressive than beating Thor in Sentry's own book.

This board doesn't put enough consideration into the basic nature of how comics work.

Soljer
Originally posted by KK the Great
I'll go out on a limb and say that beating Iron Man in Iron Man's book would be more impressive than beating Thor in Sentry's own book.

This board doesn't put enough consideration into the basic nature of how comics work.

I certainly wouldn't.

I don't care what book it's put in, Thor's in a different class than Iron Man - beating the former means a LOT more than beating the latter.

KK the Great
I don't expect everyone to have attained my level of nuance in comic debating. I've been at this for a long time.

Soljer
I don't expect everyone to have attained my level of nuance in comic debating. I've been at this for a long time.

I understand what you're saying; your case for it being more impressive, but I just don't see it that way. Especially right after Thor just shat all over Tony.

UniOmni

Been down this road already.

You'll be called a know it all for your troubles....even if you're correct.

But if you are who i believe you to be, it'd be an accurate label.

KK the Great
I understand what you're saying; your case for it being more impressive, but I just don't see it that way. Especially right after Thor just shat all over Tony.

Whose book did that happen in, by the by?

Sirius77
You joking?

Generally he faced Hal armed with Hal's specific weakness, and he still always got whooped.

He and hal have always been on par with each other. Where were you?

Sirius77

He can't win on KMC.

The day he does that, he'll be superman level.

To date he has done nothing of the sort.

And as far as thor is concerned... when they meet
up and sentry gets raped with mjolnir... I might laugh.

KK the Great
He and hal have always been on par with each other. Where were you?

Hal routinely trashed Sinestro, and Sinestro's ring is essentially a perfect manifestation of Hal's weakness.

If there exists a way for Sinestro to lose, he'll find it.

Sirius77
Hal routinely trashed Sinestro, and Sinestro's ring is essentially a perfect manifestation of Hal's weakness.

If there exists a way for Sinestro to lose, he'll find it.

I'm not saying that he is above hal, I'm saying that whenever they fight it's never a stomp on either side. They are at best equal in their ring control.

UniOmni
The day he does that, he'll be superman level.

To date he has done nothing of the sort.

And as far as thor is concerned... when they meet
up and sentry gets raped with mjolnir... I might laugh.

Ah....the moving goal post tactic.

If it ever gets to close to becoming reality, we'll just move the goal post down a bit, and it's back to square one!

Holding the power of a cosmic cube.

Beating a guy capable of breaking every bone in Hulks body, and taking down most of Marvels heroes.

Treating a midlevel herald like a chump.

Fighting against Ultron, who despite the way people are downgrading him/her now, is never a low tier feat.

Fighting against Photon and lasting as long as he did, when Photon was being portrayed as above the top tier.

Fighting against a being with the powers of most of the mutant population of the entire planet, and doing well.

Overloading the Absorbing Man.

You name me some feats of Superman that flatout trump the feats on this list and i'll admit Superman is above Sentry.

And for those who're inevitably gonna bring up the Ironman fight, i'll see you that and raise you.........

Superman being one punch koed by a child in JLA: War of the Gods.

Best thing about your requirements Sirius?

Superman himself has never done anything nearly on that level, without a power up present.

nvrbeenwthagirl

If it ever gets to close to becoming reality, we'll just move the goal post down a bit, and it's back to square one!

Beating a guy capable of breaking every bone in Hulks body, and taking down most of Marvels heroes.

Fighting against Ultron, who despite the way people are downgrading him/her now, is never a low tier feat.

Fighting against Photon and lasting as long as he did, when Photon was being portrayed as above the top tier.

Fighting against a being with the powers of most of the mutant population of the entire planet, and doing well.

You name me some feats of Superman that flatout trump the feats on this list and i'll admit Superman is above Sentry.

And for those who're inevitably gonna bring up the Ironman fight, i'll see you that and raise you.........

Superman being one punch koed by a child in JLA: War of the Gods.

Superman himself has never done anything nearly on that level, without a power up present. Wait. War of the Gods? When did a kid KO superman? I must have missed that.

Soljer
Whose book did that happen in, by the by?

Irrelevant.

Horrificus
Totally untrue.

I'm with you.
To make a statement about Sentry defeating Surfer and Thor is ridiculous. It is going to take a lot more than his present showings on panel.

Thor and Surfer have proven themselves against bricks and cosmics alike.

UniOmni
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait. War of the Gods? When did a kid KO superman? I must have missed that.

I might be mistaken.

Either War of the Gods, or Pain of the Gods.

When the JLA finds a superpowered family, where a Superstrong man saves some people from a collapsing roof iirc, only to have it kill him when he gives out after Superman gets the people out.

Superman thought since he was superstrong, he'd be invulnerable, but he was mistaken.

Wife becomes a superspeedster with eyebeams, and angry kid one punches Superman to a ko.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm with you.
To make a statement about Sentry defeating Surfer and Thor is ridiculous. It is going to take a lot more than his present showings on panel.

Thor and Surfer have proven themselves against bricks and cosmics alike.

So what is it called when Sentry beats a low end cosmic(Terrax)
A guy capable of beating a planets heroes (Void)
And stalemates a guy with the powers of the mutant population of Earth
and a guy who destroyed the universe...Genis?

IF Superman had done the same thing in DC, it'd all be on the first page of his respect thread, and we all know it.

People just don't want Sentry up there.

I'd just wish they'd admit it, rather than give out bs about Superman level shenanigans.

KK the Great
Irrelevant.

Because, see, I'm pretty sure I was commenting on the unspoken reality concerning a hero in his own solo titles as compared to playing guest-star in another hero's book, and you shot back with, unsurprisingly, an example of one hero trashing another in his own book--a perfect example of what I was talking about.

Granted, Iron Man and Thor may be too inherently far apart on the power scale to have been a good example. They were just two characters who came readily to mind. But I would certainly be far more impressed if Sentry were to beat Thor in Thor's book than if he beat, say, Silver Surfer in a Sentry book.

KK the Great
I might be mistaken.

It's pain.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9020/kid1bl7.th.jpghttp://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7938/kid2ud0.th.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/84/kid3ah8.th.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4033/kid4xy2.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
So what is it called when Sentry beats a low end cosmic(Terrax)
A guy capable of beating a planets heroes (Void)
And stalemates a guy with the powers of the mutant population of Earth
and a guy who destroyed the universe...Genis?

IF Superman had done the same thing in DC, it'd all be on the first page of his respect thread, and we all know it.

People just don't want Sentry up there.

I'd just wish they'd admit it, rather than give out bs about Superman level shenanigans.

DC earth heroes are far more powerful than thier marvel counter parts. The void would get it's ass kicked ****ing with DC earth heroes. So I'm not too impressed. The guy with the mutant powers means the big donut. Most mutants evolve and learn how to use thier powers over time. And genis wasn't at his universal destroying powers. Anyway, Dominus>>>>Genis.

UniOmni
As i've already said to you KK...

It doesn't avail you anything to come with how comics work.

You get labelled a know it all, and while you might be correct, nobody likes a no it all.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I might be mistaken.

When the JLA finds a superpowered family, where a Superstrong man saves some people from a collapsing roof iirc, only to have it kill him when he gives out after Superman gets the people out.

Superman thought since he was superstrong, he'd be invulnerable, but he was mistaken.

Wife becomes a superspeedster with eyebeams, and angry kid one punches Superman to a ko.

OK. I dont' have that story. But we dont 'even know how powerful the kid is. So just saying a kid ko's him is kind of meh.

UniOmni
DC earth heroes are far more powerful than thier marvel counter parts. The void would get it's ass kicked ****ing with DC earth heroes. So I'm not too impressed. The guy with the mutant powers means the big donut. Most mutants evolve and learn how to use thier powers over time. And genis wasn't at his universal destroying powers. Anyway, Dominus>>>>Genis.

So basically, i don't wanna hear it?

And Tony was in his Extremis at the time, iirc.

We don't know how powerful this upgrade is gonna make him either.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Not i dont' wanna hear it. I heard it and answered. The void would get it's ass kicked on DC earth. So I don't see sentry stalemating or beating it as impressive. Hell i can see magneto on his own giving sentry a hard time.

Soljer

Granted, Iron Man and Thor may be too inherently far apart on the power scale to have been a good example. They were just two characters who came readily to mind. But I would certainly be far more impressed if Sentry were to beat Thor in Thor's book than if he beat, say, Silver Surfer in a Sentry book.

As would I - but then the two characters are on a comparative power level.

When the gap's as large as Iron Man and Thor? Doesn't matter.

Sirius77

Cosmic cubes are dangerous only when used in that manner. Give me a scan that explicitly proves that just being in contact with a cosmic cube can do more damage than a black hole. Then it will mean something. Until then...

It was a psychological battle. Void is him, and he is void. He is just unable to access the powers of void.

Terrax? Come on. Thing one shotted him, superman would pwn him exactly like that too. Any class 100 would. Terrax is only class 80 or lower iirc.

She pwned him... why did you even list this?

Photon was toying with him. He smacked him aside like a child and then bfred him like a he would anyone else.

That wasn't a fight... The collective looked at him and pimp smacked him back to earth and flew away.

Big deal. Like superman hasn't overloaded about 20 absorbers...

Still a cool feat though, I liked the art.

Survived a 50 supernova explosion two times.

Held a black hole with the help of a gl.

Punched his way out of his own death.

Defeated ds more than two times (if you would like me to name a jobbing top-tier like you did with the collective and photon)

Threw a moon sized ship out of the solar system... which is certainly a lot heavier than a helicarrier...

Split on e of Mars moons in half.

Flew through a red sun.

Flew from earth to the andromeda galaxy in a few moments.

etc...

Is that supposed to scare people...?

Anyway, sentry got his nose busted by ironman. Sorry I ruined the suspense for everyone.

Superman being one punch koed by a child in JLA: War of the Gods

Are you talking about year one superman? The one from like ten years ago?

Hate to break it to you, but superman gets stronger as time goes by. And needless to say.... he's stronger. Alot stronger.

Superman himself has never done anything nearly on that level, without a power up present.

All of the feats except for the black hole feat, he has done on his own.
... sorry. sad

Sirius77

Certainly not powerful enough to withstand thor ripping it off and making him walk home smile

UniOmni
Cosmic cubes are dangerous only when used in that manner. Give me a scan that explicitly proves that just being in contact with a cosmic cube can do more damage than a black hole. Then it will mean something. Until then...

Semantics. He held the power of a cosmic cube, and he stated iirc, that his arms were going numb from holding it back. That's a hella nice feat, no matter how you try to spin it.

It was a psychological battle. Void is him, and he is void. He is just unable to access the powers of void.

Terrax? Come on. Thing one shotted him, superman would pwn him exactly like that too. Any class 100 would. Terrax is only class 80 or lower iirc.

Terrax recently cratered a planet after cutting off the energy of his cosmic axe. He's not class 80.

She pwned him... why did you even list this?

She did beat him. After a decent scrap.

Photon was toying with him. He smacked him aside like a child and then bfred him like a he would anyone else.

And yet they both put out enough energy to destroy several planets.(Superman still hasn't matched that)

That wasn't a fight... The collective looked at him and pimp smacked him back to earth and flew away.

Fair enough.

Big deal. Like superman hasn't overloaded about 20 absorbers...

Still a cool feat though, I liked the art.

But was it a name ala the absorbing man?

Survived a 50 supernova explosion two times. - When was the other time i'm forgetting?

Held a black hole with the help of a gl. - With help.

Punched his way out of his own death. - Silly Punchy McPuncherson.

Defeated ds more than two times (if you would like me to name a jobbing top-tier like you did with the collective and photon) - Defeated Darkseid once on his own, the other time he got backhanded like a child, only to have WW save his ass and turn Darkseid's own attack against him, and even still the fight wasn't decided until he took him to his place of power, the sun. He did not defeat Darkseid on his own.

Threw a moon sized ship out of the solar system... which is certainly a lot heavier than a helicarrier...

- Good stuff.

Split on e of Mars moons in half. - Nice speed and durability feat, but Grey Hulk has it beat.

Flew through a red sun.

Flew from earth to the andromeda galaxy in a few moments.

etc...

Is that supposed to scare people...?

Anyway, sentry got his nose busted by ironman. Sorry I ruined the suspense for everyone.

Are you talking about year one superman? The one from like ten years ago?

Hate to break it to you, but superman gets stronger as time goes by. And needless to say.... he's stronger. Alot stronger.

When was it alluded to that it was YR1 Superman?

All of the feats except for the black hole feat, he has done on his own.
... sorry. sad

And i was referring to the fact that you actually agreed that it'd take Sentry beating up Surfer, Thor and BRB in quick succession for you to see him as Superman level, when Superman himself has NEVER pulled off something like that.

IF Sentry were to do something like that, most logical people would say he's top tier+.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And i was referring to the fact that you actually agreed that it'd take Sentry beating up Surfer, Thor and BRB in quick succession for you to see him as Superman level, when Superman himself has NEVER pulled off something like that.

IF Sentry were to do something like that, most logical people would say he's top tier+.

wait. hasn't superman beaten some top tiers a few times?

UniOmni
wait. hasn't superman beaten some top tiers a few times?

Yep.

But so have other top tiers.

It doesn't become a special occasion when Superman does it.

And the fact remains, Superman hasn't beaten elite top tiers like the ones named, in rapid succession himself, which makes Sirius saying it'd take something like that to change his mind laughable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yep.

But so have other top tiers.

It doesn't become a special occasion when Superman does it.

And the fact remains, Superman hasn't beaten elite top tiers like the ones named, in rapid succession himself, which makes Sirius saying it'd take something like that to change his mind laughable.

Um, What makes BRB an elite Top tier? The JLA as far as im concerned if FULL of elite top tiers.

UniOmni
Um, What makes BRB an elite Top tier? The JLA as far as im concerned if FULL of elite top tiers.

He's got a great record of battle?

He's saved the universe?

He's more of a sure bet in battle than paper tigers like J'onn and Captain Atom?

nvrbeenwthagirl

He's saved the universe?

He's more of a sure bet in battle than paper tigers like J'onn and Captain Atom?
paper tiger? Martian manhunter stood up to and burned the shit out of the far beyond top tier of black adam. He also lasted a great long time against Asmodel.

Captain atom i haven't seen do that much stuff, so i won't comment on him.

BRB is no more of an elite top tier than Wonder Woman or captain marvel.

Sirius77

So fighting Captain adam, Hank Henshaw, Orion, Zoom (one shotted), Eradicator, Zod, and Dominus (who was able to trap kismet, the dc version of eternity) don't count for anything?

So since sentry has never actually BEATEN anyone on the level of most of these people, sentry still is not superman level.

Oh, and by the way, the helicarrier feat isn't a low feat. It's a high feat. It's the heaviest thing that hes lifted iirc.

UniOmni
paper tiger? Martian manhunter stood up to and burned the shit out of the far beyond top tier of black adam. He also lasted a great long time against Asmodel.

Captain atom i haven't seen do that much stuff, so i won't comment on him.

BRB is no more of an elite top tier than Wonder Woman or captain marvel.

BRB has the winning record against someone more powerful than both Cap and WW, Thor.

And WW isn't elite top tier.

She's top tier, but not at the pinnacle.

Cap can be, and imo is, but he's portrayed as> WW for the most part, so it's cool.

MM is a favorite of mine as many know, but i can admit that he's underutilized for the most part.

He gets occasional moments of glory, but he's too often the fall guy.

Sirius77

He's saved the universe?

You realize that ca almost ended a universe...

nvrbeenwthagirl
BRB has the winning record against someone more powerful than both Cap and WW, Thor.

Cap can be, and imo is, but he's portrayed as> WW for the most part, so it's cool.

MM is a favorite of mine as many know, but i can admit that he's underutilized for the most part.

Actually, by DC standards she is. Rather this board admits it or not. Superman himself says SHE is the next line of defense. Not anyone else. And BRB isn't an elite anything. He brawls. To be elite, one needs to actually think for once.

Sirius77

If you're talking about tyrant, then he only lasted one panel and his hammer bounced off of tyrants chest...

So who are you talking about?

UniOmni
So fighting Captain adam, Hank Henshaw, Orion, Zoom (one shotted), Eradicator, Zod, and Dominus (who was able to trap kismet, the dc version of eternity) don't count for anything?

So since sentry has never actually BEATEN anyone on the level of most of these people, sentry still is not superman level.

Oh, and by the way, the helicarrier feat isn't a low feat. It's a high feat. It's the heaviest thing that hes lifted iirc.

Superman has yet to fight a battle that affected planets(plural), so until he does, i'm not gonna see Superman as even Sentry level.

Sirius77
Superman has yet to fight a battle that affected planets(plural), so until he does, i'm not gonna see Superman as even Sentry level.

When he fought Darkseid it was stated that" the battle rocked the solar system".

But then again, neither were on panel, sentry or superman. Thats why I think that your reaching. Because superman doesn't even need this off panel feat, but sentry does need his...

vlaaad12345
Doesnt have to he takes on people who do that stuff and usually does good,he takes blackholes and supernovas without issue and all the other feats he has,drop superman in a place with a bunch of planets that arent populated and put him against a person of equal strength or so you would easily see planets getting destroyed.

llagrok

BRB and Thor fought in an environment that put Thor at a disadvantage.

UniOmni
Still.

And he dropped WM Thor.

The record is in his favor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.