Nova Vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Switch 07
Quasar (Wendell) vs Nova (Richard) with Worldmind.

Takes place in an empty NY with no worry about the planet itself.

No prep. Who wins?

llagrok
Wendell, BARELY.

TricksterPriest
Quasar. But Nova can take a few. Now if it was Phyla, then Rich Ryder would pwn her ass. durfist

Photon009
Nova was stated by Annihilus to be superior to Wendell actually. Nova wins this.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Photon009
Nova was stated by Annihilus to be superior to Wendell actually. Nova wins this.

Like I'm gonna trust Annihilus over the plethora of feats that Wendell has? roll eyes (sarcastic)

guy222
elvis wins a tough fight

lando005
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Quasar. But Nova can take a few. Now if it was Phyla, then Rich Ryder would pwn her ass. durfist in more ways than one evil face

norrinradd43
I say Nova takes the day

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe I missed something during Annihilation but Nova never seemed all that powerful to me. Mainly a human cannonball on crack with the ability to make gateways.

Horrificus
Q is one of the most powerful characters in comics. Or, was.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Maybe I missed something during Annihilation but Nova never seemed all that powerful to me. Mainly a human cannonball on crack with the ability to make gateways.
Seeing as how we allow Motherbox feats to carry over from user to user because of the Motherboxes ability to act independently and communicate with the user, shouldn't we do the same for the World Mind? That would mean Nova gets access to the feats of Supernova as well, such as his beat down on the Avengers(including Thor).

TricksterPriest
Though I agree he is potentially capable of that level of power, we have yet to see it. and Supernova had the nova force, not the Worldmind along with it.

Bransolute
Though I agree he is potentially capable of that level of power, we have yet to see it. and Supernova had the nova force, not the Worldmind along with it. So current Nova should be more powerful...

darthgoober
Though I agree he is potentially capable of that level of power, we have yet to see it.
Using that logic, Motherbox feats shouldn't carry over from user to user either since even though the users have the potential for replicating all the feats, we haven't actually seen them all preform the same feats. Motherbox= a sentient that's able to act independently and communicate it's capabilities to it's user. Full Nova Force and World Mind= a sentient that's able to act independently and communicate it's capabilities to it's user. If you allow one set of feats to carry over then BOTH sets of feats should carry over. And that means that current Nova is a high end herald level character AT LEAST, and likely belongs in the transcendent tier.

and Supernova had the nova force, not the Worldmind along with it.
Are you kidding?...
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6108/newwar4105lw7.jpg

Here's a close up of the important part...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8035/copyofnewwar4105hk0.jpg

Bouboumaster
Would be a cool fight.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
Using that logic, Motherbox feats shouldn't carry over from user to user either since even though the users have the potential for replicating all the feats, we haven't actually seen them all preform the same feats. Motherbox= a sentient that's able to act independently and communicate it's capabilities to it's user. Full Nova Force and World Mind= a sentient that's able to act independently and communicate it's capabilities to it's user. If you allow one set of feats to carry over then BOTH sets of feats should carry over. And that means that current Nova is a high end herald level character AT LEAST, and likely belongs in the transcendent tier.

Are you kidding?...
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6108/newwar4105lw7.jpg

Here's a close up of the important part...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8035/copyofnewwar4105hk0.jpg

Ok, I stand corrected. He should be capable of that level of power. thumb up

And when Nova shows that level of power, he will be promptly moved up. big grin

darthgoober
Ok, I stand corrected. He should be capable of that level of power. thumb up

And when Nova shows that level of power, he will be promptly moved up. big grin
Then by the same token, you'll wait until Motherbox user's actually preform their own feats rather than attribute them with the feats of others right?

Bransolute
Then by the same token, you'll wait until Motherbox user's actually preform their own feats rather than attribute them with the feats of others right? Of course not...

Also, on that same note (Trickster's logic), couldn't we say that PC Darkseid was more powerful than current? Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything current has done that compares to PC. Of course, this is just off the top of my head...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Bransolute
Of course not...

Also, on that same note (Trickster's logic), couldn't we say that PC Darkseid was more powerful than current? Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything current has done that compares to PC. Of course, this is just off the top of my head...
Actually I think he preformed some PC level feats as of Seven Soldiers, but I guess we still don't have to credit him with the actual PC feats themselves big grin .

TricksterPriest
If I agree to move Nova up to mid herald (which is all he warrants at this point), will you shut up about the motherbox and DS? ermmhappy

Bransolute
Actually I think he preformed some PC level feats as of Seven Soldiers, but I guess we still don't have to credit him with the actual PC feats themselves big grin . Isn't that the one where everyone has to speculate on...

If I agree to move Nova up to mid herald (which is all he warrants at this point), will you shut up about the motherbox and DS? ermmhappy No mid herald would ever do the shit Saal did...

Also, I'm pretty sure Darth is using your two pronged logic against you... instead of caring about Nova's placement.

darthgoober
If I agree to move Nova up to mid herald (which is all he warrants at this point), will you shut up about the motherbox and DS? ermmhappy
No because it's an all or nothing affair. Either the feats from Motherboxes and the Nova Force/World Mind users carry over or they don't. If they're accepted, then Nova belongs on transcendent level due to his owning of Firelord, Quasar, Thor, and the rest of the Avengers and Fantastic Four simultaneously, and Motherbox feats carry over from user to user. If not then Nova belongs on the low to mid herald level tiers, and a character having a Motherbox means shit until he actually DOES something with it. Otherwise you're supporting a double standard...

TricksterPriest
No because it's an all or nothing affair. Either the feats from Motherboxes and the Nova Force/World Mind users carry over or they don't. If they're accepted, then Nova belongs on transcendent level due to his owning of Firelord, Quasar, Thor, and the rest of the Avengers and Fantastic Four simultaneously, and Motherbox feats carry over from user to user. If not then Nova belongs on the low to mid herald level tiers, and a character having a Motherbox means shit until he actually DOES something with it. Otherwise you're supporting a double standard...

No, you're the one with the double standard. The Worldmind wasn't helping Saal to control the power and he burned out from the energy. Which means, while Rich Ryder could potentially reach that level of power, the Worldmind will not let him because it would endanger his life and it's existence.

And this isn't the first time you've done stuff like this, David_Richards. wink

darthgoober
No, you're the one with the double standard. The Worldmind wasn't helping Saal to control the power and he burned out from the energy. Which means, while Rich Ryder could potentially reach that level of power, the Worldmind will not let him because it would endanger his life and it's existence.
When did Supernova burn out? Because I don't remember it happening. In his first big fight(the one against Firelord, Quasar, Thor and the rest of the Avengers and Fantastic Four he damn sure didn't burn out. Reed Richards tricked him into searching for Nebula through the time stream(they couldn't beat him any other way). In his next appearance(the one were he was beating on Firelord, Air Walker, the New Warriors, and the Shiar Empire) he didn't burn out either. He ended up merging his form with Nova(Richard) who went on to restart the Nova Corps with his power.

And what double standard do you think I'm supporting? I'm applying the exact same standards to both parties(the Nova Force/World Mind and Motherboxes). You're the one that's wants to allow feats to carry over for one but not the other despite the fact that both are independant sentients that communicate their abilities to their users(which is your reasoning for allowing feats for the Motherbox).

And this isn't the first time you've done stuff like this, David_Richards. wink
You mean you're so unoriginal you have to steal insults for Badabing... that's sad man...

TricksterPriest
I'm not stealing an insult, I'm speaking truth. You've become corrupted and the very thing you fought against. Fight the dragon too long and you become the dragon. wink

darthgoober
I'm not stealing an insult, I'm speaking truth. You've become corrupted and the very thing you fought against. Fight the dragon too long and you become the dragon. wink
Way to dodge the rest of my post to cover your ass and hide your ignorance of the character wink .

But now that I think of it, that explains why so many respected KMC members compare you to quanchi laughing out loud .

llagrok
You guys can't even last a single page...

nimbus006
When did Supernova burn out? Because I don't remember it happening. In his first big fight(the one against Firelord, Quasar, Thor and the rest of the Avengers and Fantastic Four he damn sure didn't burn out. Reed Richards tricked him into searching for Nebula through the time stream(they couldn't beat him any other way). In his next appearance(the one were he was beating on Firelord, Air Walker, the New Warriors, and the Shiar Empire) he didn't burn out either. He ended up merging his form with Nova(Richard) who went on to restart the Nova Corps with his power.

This is the last page of Annihilation: Nova # 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Annihilation023.jpg

It does mention something about the full energies of the Nova Force not being able to be contained in a humanoid vessel for long periods of time.

Maybe thats what he means by being burnt out...

Switch 07
Is it me or did this thread stop being about Wendell and Richard?

erm

Anyway these are his stats:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7765/novant0.th.jpg

How accurate are they you would say?

TricksterPriest
I don't trust a single one of those stats.

And Goober started this shit when he said that Rich Ryder should be trans based on Supernova's feats, despite Nova showing nothing on that level. roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthgoober
I don't trust a single one of those stats.

And Goober started this shit when he said that Rich Ryder should be trans based on Supernova's feats, despite Nova showing nothing on that level. roll eyes (sarcastic)
And I based that off of a similar policy we have on KMC of allowing Motherbox feats to carry over from user to user because Motherboxes are independent sentient that can communicate their capabilities to their users. Since the World Mind/Nova Force has a pretty much identical set up, the same policy should apply to both.

Switch 07
And I based that off of a similar policy we have on KMC of allowing Motherbox feats to carry over from user to user because Motherboxes are independent sentient that can communicate their capabilities to their users. Since the World Mind/Nova Force has a pretty much identical set up, the same policy should apply to both.

Enough. We are going on Novas feats etc to justs stop this. Want to continue fine but somewhere else.

Badabing
You mean you're so unoriginal you have to steal insults for Badabing... that's sad man... He didn't steal them, I just gave them to Trick on loan. happy

You've become corrupted and the very thing you fought against. Fight the dragon too long and you become the dragon. wink
Teh corrupted DRAGON!!!!!1111 durznuts

But now that I think of it, that explains why so many respected KMC members compare you to quanchi laughing out loud . Respected KMC members! w00tdur Trick's friends started calling him a Quanchi sock as a joke. crylaugh I guess we are MANY and RESPECTED. duryes

BTW, Quanchi>>>>>>>>>>David_Richards! durlaugh

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing

BTW, Quanchi>>>>>>>>>>David_Richards! durlaugh

Yup.

And Goob >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trick. durlaugh

starlock
Quasar for the win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.