Which swordsman can match or defeat Sephiroth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Simple question: Who can match or defeat Sephiroth in a strict swordfight?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Sepheac2.jpg

Anyone from video games. However only sword skill will be involved here. I don't want anything else. Just good ole sword battle.

Actual on-screen feats are needed for this. I'll settle for nothing less.

Discuss.

Sephiroth
FKzAhPMgu_E
cUqmtHWo32U

Blax_Hydralisk
the Master Chief and Darth Revan. Revan for sure. In the world of top-tier swordfighters, Sephiroth's sword fighting skills aren't exactly most 1337.

As for on-screen feats.. I'll find them when I finish my homework.

Superboy Prime
superdur

Blax_Hydralisk
fa'dizzle.

I honestly d'unt think I can find any actual screen shots of him being uber saber wise. There's no pure cutscenes of just him using saber tricks.

All I can really tell you is that it's pretty much fact in the SW VF that Revan's saber skills are either equal to or above Return of the Sith Anakin's, who would, most likely, also destroy Sephiroth in sword fighting.

Shin_Nikkolas
In pure swordplay, Seph is nothing special. But his superhuman attributes make him formiddlalbe. No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

I would like to think Margulis could as he's a vastly superior villain to Sephiroth but I doubt he could.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
In pure swordplay, Seph is nothing special. But his superhuman attributes make him formiddlalbe. No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

I would like to think Margulis could as he's a vastly superior villain to Sephiroth but I doubt he could.

Margulis from Xenosaga? I watched some of his fights with Uzuki...the guy was tight.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

Prove this. Please. Sure maybe they may not be run around and fly as fast, but as far as how fast they can move with there swords.. GG alone has Sephiroth beat with his 16 lightsaber strikes per second.

EDIT- Actually, Dark Empire Luke and Sideous actually moved so fast when they dueled that they were invisible to Leia, who is, in fact, a force user herself.

kwon_ji_hae
i would say a jedi would beat sephiroth in a duel only tech wise since sephiroths 8ft katana sword is just that metal the jedis lightsaber would cut his blade into pieces a light saber can cut threw a star ship hull and threw tungesten carbite tantanium steel the strongest metal allow

Blax_Hydralisk
Supposedly Sephiroth's sword is unbreakable, or some sh*t.

I've never seen that proven, though.

IT'S MAJIK!

SHM
His sword is made of spirit energy. We don't know what could happen if it clashed with a Lightsaber.

Csdabest
In that universe. I think Ryu could take him. He is sickening fast. And is weapons skill IS AMAZINGLY GODLIKE

Keollyn
Ryu Hayabusa, Samanosuke Akechi, and anyone who has 133t ninja swordskills with a powerful sword (used to keep from breaking when clashed against Sephiroth's sword) could match, if not win.

As said earlier, Sephiroth is not really that great a swordsmen, just powerful.

Laharl is a definite win.

Dart in dragoon form could defeat him. If not, match.

Oh yeah, Omega Weiss also.

MadMel
do kingdom hearts 2 feats count here?

Shin_Nikkolas
He is tight.

His two fights with Jin.Shame they're only from the worst game in the series but oh well.

First fight back on Miltia, during the Miltian Conflict.
SLxe2knWI8Q

Number 2: Over a decade later, but back on Miltia
tPd1Bymwr9M

I also recall him, in EP1, being able to manifest fire with his blade for an attack.

Can't recall any non-mech feats in EP3.

It's a pretty nifty feat his little energy ball thing in the second vid was a threat to the entire party. They're no slouches in terms of durability. Even Shion, the most "human" of them, could survive this explosion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfV1mNfMcI

Said right in the EP1 Database under her bio that Vergil survived because of the mech. The rest were wiped out 'cept Shion because of her special nature.

I doubt it's enough to have a victory over Seph in aduel but there you are.

Terryc250
Hey Superboy Prime, post this genesis/seph fight instead of that one, the one u posted has bad FPS
youtube# = mkSAeS-noSk

mkSAeS-noSk

and oh jeez that horrible dub
use the original.. not that it matters but the english dub is so bad
youtube# = nbwiDIy-m2Y
nbwiDIy-m2Y

Your underrating Sephiroth quite a bit, Sephiroth is famed as the greatest SOLDIER ever, it is said he is the only one skilled enough to use a sword of that length, there has never been anyone that matched Sephiroth in a sword duel before, the guy was born part alien ffs, his speed, reaction time, power are way superior to regular humans, Weiss wouldnt stand a chance, the Deepground members are just another one of Hojo's experiments to try to create another Sephiroth.

In terms of regular combat skills:
Sephiroth > Weiss
In terms of power:
AC Sephiroth > Omega Weiss

Terryc250
Also, unlike Weiss, and Cloud.. Sephiroth was born through experiments, and was a warrior right when he was born, he was a SOLDIER all his life, unlike the other guys who just decide to go to midgar when they are like 16 and become a SOLDIER.. Sephiroth was there his whole life, add that too his already superiority over regular humans and you get the greatest SOLDIER ever, Sephiroth.

You see guys like Zack handling like 100 soldiers dodging machine gun bullets, etc, and when he faces Sephiroth he gets handled in under 2 minutes, and this is before Sephiroth gained his AC power, that tells you how much skills Sephiroth has.

sorry for the double post

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Terryc250
Your underrating Sephiroth quite a bit, Sephiroth is famed as the greatest SOLDIER ever, it is said he is the only one skilled enough to use a sword of that length, there has never been anyone that matched Sephiroth in a sword duel before, the guy was born part alien ffs, his speed, reaction time, power are way superior to regular humans, Weiss wouldnt stand a chance, the Deepground members are just another one of Hojo's experiments to try to create another Sephiroth.

None of the FF cast can stand up to high tear Jedi and many other high tier video game characters. If the force was added to this he would be even more destroyed, even if he had his materia.

Em Dot Bison
Nightmare, Cloud, Dante, Ryudo, Vergil...there are more, like some of the Samurai Showdown guys. I'll post what I can about the skills of these guys later. I aint usein a PC that will allow me to do that right now.

grey fox

and oh jeez that horrible dub
use the original.. not that it matters but the english dub is so bad
youtube# = nbwiDIy-m2Y
nbwiDIy-m2Y

I wouldn't say the English dub was 'So Bad'. I mean, to me it just appeared they removed the Sword noises (Ie metal clashing, Masasume cleaving through rock) , Battle grunts , 'sister' to 'Is she here' and possibly shortened the fight slightly.

Remindme
Alot of people being posted who skills don't even come close to Sephiroth's

The only guys i know who i would bet on having more SKILL is Lu Bu

fascistcrusader
Whoa, there cowboy, you're way off base on Weiss and the Tsviets. Hojo, who had a major hand in Sephiroth's creation, made Vincent, has fought Cloud, and seen many insane creatures says in Dirge of Cerberus "Then I remembered Deepground, home to the most powerful beings on the planet."

Now at this point Sephiroth is gone, so he isn't in the equation, but this means Hojo, who knows the strength of every great warrior on the planet, considers the Tsviets to be above Cloud, Vincent, the rest of Crisis AVALANCHE, Genesis, and everything else. When you consider that Weiss in his base form completely owned the shit out of Rosso and Azul in their strongest forms while he was only using one hand, and taunting them the whole fight, base Weiss is about equal to pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Omega Weiss, while not equal with AC Sephiroth, is around his level and there is a good chance that he could beat him.

Here's a link to the video of base Weiss in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QfjkzLK3Cw

2D_MASTER
Skull Knight from Berserk would make Sephiroth cry in a sword duel.

Thiru
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
the Master Chief and Darth Revan. Revan for sure. In the world of top-tier swordfighters, Sephiroth's sword fighting skills aren't exactly most 1337.
We know absolutely nothing of revans dueling capabilities, though he was the best in the kotor era, we have no idea just how great, it can be argued vader is superior to him in that category

Terryc250
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Whoa, there cowboy, you're way off base on Weiss and the Tsviets. Hojo, who had a major hand in Sephiroth's creation, made Vincent, has fought Cloud, and seen many insane creatures says in Dirge of Cerberus "Then I remembered Deepground, home to the most powerful beings on the planet."

Now at this point Sephiroth is gone, so he isn't in the equation, but this means Hojo, who knows the strength of every great warrior on the planet, considers the Tsviets to be above Cloud, Vincent, the rest of Crisis AVALANCHE, Genesis, and everything else. When you consider that Weiss in his base form completely owned the shit out of Rosso and Azul in their strongest forms while he was only using one hand, and taunting them the whole fight, base Weiss is about equal to pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Omega Weiss, while not equal with AC Sephiroth, is around his level and there is a good chance that he could beat him.

Here's a link to the video of base Weiss in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QfjkzLK3Cw

That comment means nothing now that Sephiroth is gone, Sephiroth while he was alive was far stronger then the 2nd strongest being on Earth and considers them no threat, im sure Sephiroth would own Rosso and Azul in the blink on an eye, id say base weiss is about as equal to sephiroth while he was still in SOLDIER remember, even before Sephiroth had his powerups is still capable of flying around and chopping up buildings., and Omega Weiss is about as equal to Safer Sephiroth, however AC Sephiroth would definitely win.

But if we're talking just pure skills, that means Weiss doesn't get his powerups, same with Sephiroth... Sephiroth is more skilled,

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Thiru
We know absolutely nothing of revans dueling capabilities, though he was the best in the kotor era, we have no idea just how great, it can be argued vader is superior to him in that category

I would too. I believe that Vader is in the top five most powerful, actually.

I also believe that if it came down to it, Vader could probably take down Sephiroth in a battle of materia vs. the force.

fascistcrusader
If its just pre Nibelheim Sephirotrh vs Base Weiss it could go either way, Sephiroth is a bit stronger, and Weiss is a bit faster, so it a complete toss up. AC Sephiroth vs Omega Weiss is not a definite win for Sephiroth though. Remember Cloud, who is weaker than Omega Weiss by far, still beat Sephiroth in AC.

kwon_ji_hae
If its just pre Nibelheim Sephirotrh vs Base Weiss it could go either way, Sephiroth is a bit stronger, and Weiss is a bit faster, so it a complete toss up. AC Sephiroth vs Omega Weiss is not a definite win for Sephiroth though. Remember Cloud, who is weaker than Omega Weiss by far, still beat Sephiroth in AC. you cant compare that you have to go by the game sephiroth would have beaten cloud but its the ac movie remember the movie plot is always the good guy wins in the game if u ****up he will kill you

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Simple question: Who can match or defeat Sephiroth in a strict swordfight?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Sepheac2.jpg

Anyone from video games. However only sword skill will be involved here. I don't want anything else. Just good ole sword battle.

Actual on-screen feats are needed for this. I'll settle for nothing less.

Discuss.

Pure swordplay? I would say Revan but not much is known about his swordfighting skills. Link and Ganondorf are two named that easily pop into mind. Maybe Ryu (NG) would be able to match Sephiroth in swordfighting. Dal from Dragon Blade might be up there.

If its just pre Nibelheim Sephirotrh vs Base Weiss it could go either way, Sephiroth is a bit stronger, and Weiss is a bit faster, so it a complete toss up. AC Sephiroth vs Omega Weiss is not a definite win for Sephiroth though. Remember Cloud, who is weaker than Omega Weiss by far, still beat Sephiroth in AC.

Hang on, hang on, hang on. Did I just read this right? Whenever someone mentioned Cloud beating Sephiroth in AC you said he was going easy on him, toiyng around, playing, and now all of a sudden you say that between Sephiroth and Weiss there is no clear cut winner? Who are you and what have you done to the fanboy fascist?

Violent2Dope
Ganondorf in pure swordskill is at least an equal. Guy was a master swordsman since he was young, and has lived for hundreds or thousands of years since then. Link is pretty good himself, ESPECIALLY for his age, but in pure swordskill, he can't compare to Ganon or Seph. Ryu Hayabusa is also at least an equal. Many of the top tier SW characters in saber dueling like Mace Windu or Yoda are as well. Gray Fox and Raiden from MGS also come to mind. Raiden, even when he was human, could stop bullets, and beat a cybernetically enhanced dude with more weapons than he had with only a sword(love that boss fight).

fascistcrusader
The Advent Children reunion files, a book of interviews with AC's creators, says Sephiroth only lost because he was holding back against Cloud, and that Sephiroth is far stronger than Cloud. That isn't just something I say, its a fact from the compilation's creators.

Base Weiss and pre Nibelheim Sephiroth are very evenly matched though, because of this they would both go all out and it would be an amazingly close fight.

Keollyn
Add Sora too. Far more than Sephiroth could handle.

Terryc250
^Besides the fact that he can wield a keyblade what makes Sora a good swordsman? Sephiroth would rape Sora..

Sephiroth is atleast Loz speed, and his power can cut through structures with the swing of his sword without even making contact with the structure

fascistcrusader
Is that why Sephiroth is completely unharmed and unfased after their fight, and shrugs him off? Also, Sephiroth in KH is not the Sephiroth of the FF VII world.

Shin_Nikkolas
Well duh.

He's even lamer in KH. Which is a godly feat.

Though I feel Lance Bass' voice suits the character very well.

Keollyn
Originally posted by Keollyn
Add Sora too. Far more than Sephiroth could handle.

Oh, how can I forget Vergil (DMC)

shin_gear
Murai as the Devil Incarnate and Spirit Doku can stalemate him.

Sephiroth should have the upper hand against Sora, but only ones who claim Sora'd get raped are undeniably, KH haters.WJkoLm-Yr24Sora is capable of beating Sephiroth. Fact. no expression

Shin_Nikkolas
Cloud beat Sephiroth fair and square, really.

If Sephiroth is so retarded that he hasn't realized by now, after losing to Cloud a couple times, that he shouldn't play around, it's no excuse.

Cloud won because his enemy is an idiot. Thus, he won fairly.

shin_gear
Sephiroth lost because Square Enix wanted him to lose. super13

ESB -1138
The Advent Children reunion files, a book of interviews with AC's creators, says Sephiroth only lost because he was holding back against Cloud, and that Sephiroth is far stronger than Cloud. That isn't just something I say, its a fact from the compilation's creators.

Base Weiss and pre Nibelheim Sephiroth are very evenly matched though, because of this they would both go all out and it would be an amazingly close fight.

You just said and I quote, "AC Sephiroth vs Omega Weiss is not a definite win for Sephiroth though."

Thiru
I would too. I believe that Vader is in the top five most powerful, actually.

I also believe that if it came down to it, Vader could probably take down Sephiroth in a battle of materia vs. the force.

I don't think its just a "take down", vader would destroy sephiroth with the force.

If your up against him and can't use the force your screwed, the same goes for palpatine

fascistcrusader
Omega Weiss is around AC Sephiroth's level, though they aren't even they are much closer in skill and strength than Cloud and AC Sephiroth. That means its fully possible Omega Weiss would defeat him, sthough the odds are still in Seph's favor.

Violent2Dope
^Besides the fact that he can wield a keyblade what makes Sora a good swordsman? Sephiroth would rape Sora..

Sephiroth is atleast Loz speed, and his power can cut through structures with the swing of his sword without even making contact with the structure 1. Gotta agree. Going by pure swordsmanship, Sora is not that impressive. This is not a typical "who beats who" thread.

2. None of that says he is a good swordsman.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Thiru
I don't think its just a "take down", vader would destroy sephiroth with the force.

If your up against him and can't use the force your screwed, the same goes for palpatine

Most def. Sephiroth has no defense against a simple neck snap really..

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Link is pretty good himself, ESPECIALLY for his age, but in pure swordskill, he can't compare to Ganon or Seph.

Please, Link in pure swordplay is as good as Ganondorf both WW and TP. WW Link went through all of Ganon's Tower and battled Puppet Ganon before reaching Ganondorf and TP Link wasn't in tip top shape either when he clashed it out with Ganondorf.

Link would be a match for Sephiroth in pure swordplay.

Originally posted by shin_gear
Murai as the Devil Incarnate and Spirit Doku can stalemate him.

Sephiroth should have the upper hand against Sora, but only ones who claim Sora'd get raped are undeniably, KH haters.WJkoLm-Yr24Sora is capable of beating Sephiroth. Fact. no expression

How about you watch after that fight and see Sephiroth brush himself off as though nothing actually happened. Seems like Sephiroth didn't lose. Heck we see games in where you beat your opponent in the game just to get defeated in the CGI for example Dante vs Vergil.

You defeat Vergil in the game but during the next cutscene Vergil pwns Dante.

fascistcrusader
Also in Crisis Core, at Nibelheim you beat Sephiroth in gameplay, only to be smacked down in the after fight cutscene.

shin_gear
How about you watch after the fight in KH1 where Sephiroth gets pwned and disappears as a result of getting defeated. Yeah...

And in KH2 he states he can't be eliminated by none other than Strife. In other words put anyone against him and he can't lose if it ain't Strife pal.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by shin_gear
How about you watch after the fight in KH1 where Sephiroth gets pwned and disappears as a result of getting defeated. Yeah...

No he doesn't; he clashes blades with Cloud before the two vanish just like in KH2.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Please, Link in pure swordplay is as good as Ganondorf both WW and TP. WW Link went through all of Ganon's Tower and battled Puppet Ganon before reaching Ganondorf and TP Link wasn't in tip top shape either when he clashed it out with Ganondorf.

Link would be a match for Sephiroth in pure swordplay. Lol no. In WW, you can almost never get hits in unless you use a parry, and you have Zelda's help as well. In TP, getting hits in is almost impossible, you have to do a specific attack to even hope to get thru his rock solid defense, but usually it's the swordlock that you get your hits in. Also, that Ganon had a big ass hole in his chest, and WW Ganon didn't even have the ToP. Ganon is always depicted as the better swordsman. Matter of fact...Ganon is just depicted as...BETTER than Link. In a realistic fight where good doesn't always win, Ganon would kill Link.

To Gear, KH is uncanon. erm

Keollyn
By feats, Sora beats Sephiroth in swordsplay. Whole building cutting and laser blocking > what Sephiroth has done.

Blax_Hydralisk
But Sepiiroth exploded planets sad

Violent2Dope
By feats, Sora beats Sephiroth in swordsplay. Whole building cutting and laser blocking > what Sephiroth has done. Building cutting is not proof of swordsmanship. It is a feat of his power(actually, his keyblade's power). Blocking lasers is a showcase of swordsmanship however.

Blax_Hydralisk
it is a feat of strength, though.

Oh wait keyblades don't edges so they don't actually cut super13

Keollyn
Building cutting is not proof of swordsmanship. It is a feat of his power(actually, his keyblade's power). Blocking lasers is a showcase of swordsmanship however.

I know it isn't. But to fight Sephiroth on pure swordsmanship, you need to have strength. Otherwise, Kenshin could beat Sephiroth.

fascistcrusader
Weiss was born in Deepground. From the beginning he was experimented on, and his entire life he trained and endured the harshest of conditions, having to fight just to be aloowed to live. He knew nothing but kill or be killed his entire life. Compared to those in Deepground Sephiroth had a posh and easy life.

Violent2Dope
I know it isn't. But to fight Sephiroth on pure swordsmanship, you need to have strength. Otherwise, Kenshin could beat Sephiroth. That's not strength, it was the keyblade. The keyblade is a powerful magic weapon, without it, Sora would be nothing.

Terryc250
Weiss was born in Deepground. From the beginning he was experimented on, and his entire life he trained and endured the harshest of conditions, having to fight just to be aloowed to live. He knew nothing but kill or be killed his entire life. Compared to those in Deepground Sephiroth had a posh and easy life.

Thats wrong.. Weiss was once a first class soldier, during Crisis Core, you see Weiss and Nero take Genesis' body away in a helicopter they were in first class SOLDIER uniform, and both Weiss and Nero were injected with Genesis' cells, this takes places shortly after Cloud and Zack were being experimented on by Hojo.. at this point in time Weiss would not be a match for SOLDIER Sephiroth, because Sephiroth is stated the greatest SOLDIER at this point. Afterwards, Weiss gained his powers by being chained inside a mako reactor for along time.

Also, what makes Sora a good swordsman? Has he been training all his life? Or did he just pick up a keyblade and started using it? Cuz i dont see how Sora is "skilled"

Keollyn
That's not strength, it was the keyblade. The keyblade is a powerful magic weapon, without it, Sora would be nothing.

I have no idea what you're trying to point out here. Is Sora fighting Sephiroth without his keyblade?

Don't start acting silly please.

Terryc250
^ In pure swordsmanship, wut if Sephiroth lost all his powers, picked up a regular sword, same with Sora, you think Sora would beat Sephiroth?

fascistcrusader
Once again, you're way off base about Weiss. He was not a regular SOLDIER, ever. He was born in Deepground, that was the first time they were ever let out, Nero says the mission must be really important for them to be let out. Also note that the crest on their belt is not the SOLDIER crest like Zack and the others have, rather it is the Deepground crest we see in Dirge of Cerberus. Weiss was born in Deepground and was experimented on as I described, it explained in DoC's online mode and the compilation Ultimania.

SHM
Omega Weiss is around AC Sephiroth's level

That's nothing more than your opinion.

Most def. Sephiroth has no defense against a simple neck snap really..

Come on, Sephiroth is not that weak. You are underestimating him.

I know it isn't. But to fight Sephiroth on pure swordsmanship, you need to have strength. Otherwise, Kenshin could beat Sephiroth.

Kenshin is not THAT skilled. He rely too much in his speed. Speed =/= skill.

shin_gear
No he doesn't; he clashes blades with Cloud before the two vanish just like in KH2. I meant right after the fight. He limps and then disappears (in the same fashion Xehanort's Heartless did.)

Now we see in KH2 that this is not the case. Sephiroth is clearly unharmed after that little match though...what did Sephiroth manage to do to Sora? tongue

One thing is no one knows what occurred in the fight. In fact most likely they weren't able to land a hit on each other (as implied how neither of the two have a single scratch on them) had Sephiroth been hit by the Keyblade he would've became WTFpwned erm. Heartless like him have no chance whatsoever against the mystical power of the Keyblade. In the first KH it's clearly obvious he was hit several or many times by Sora's weapon and look what happened to him as a result.

At first I didn't even realize this did not involve KH Sephiroth. This topic involves FFVII Sephiroth only. Now, I was saying earlier it is possible for Sora to defeat him (in Sora's most powerful form) keep in mind I did not say he would have the upper hand.

Violent2Dope
Almost any strong Jedi or Sith could kill Seph, easily.

shin_gear
Yeah backflips ftw.

Violent2Dope
Well, in a swordfight maybe not all, but I was saying overall.

Anyway, a good swordsman to match Seph...Ryu Hayabusa is a good one(still lovin the game). Yo Gear, how good of a swordsman is Doku? Love the scene where he slaps the shit out of Rachel and knocks her out,that shit was funny.

fascistcrusader
My substantiated opinion that the evidence supports. Omega Weiss is powered by the ultimate WEAPON, he is empowered by the whole of the lifestream. That certainly puts him around AC Sephiroth's level.

ESB -1138
Lol no. In WW, you can almost never get hits in unless you use a parry, and you have Zelda's help as well. In TP, getting hits in is almost impossible, you have to do a specific attack to even hope to get thru his rock solid defense, but usually it's the swordlock that you get your hits in. Also, that Ganon had a big ass hole in his chest, and WW Ganon didn't even have the ToP. Ganon is always depicted as the better swordsman. Matter of fact...Ganon is just depicted as...BETTER than Link. In a realistic fight where good doesn't always win, Ganon would kill Link.

And yet here's the thing; TP Link got through his defenses indicating that Link is skilled enough to break through a powerful defense such as Ganondorf's and land massive blows. TP Link was trained (for who knows how many years) by both a swordsmaster and the Golden Wolf who taught him the lost arts. TP Link is clearly a supreme swordsman that can stand to the likes of Ganondorf.

shin_gear
Well, in a swordfight maybe not all, but I was saying overall.

Anyway, a good swordsman to match Seph...Ryu Hayabusa is a good one(still lovin the game). Yo Gear, how good of a swordsman is Doku? Love the scene where he slaps the shit out of Rachel and knocks her out,that shit was funny. Haha.

Doku is probably a better swordsman than Ryu...well, it all depends on the weapon being used really...the Kitetsu gives the user some...interesting abilities...but Doku's spiritual form of the Kitetsu (which you will see in Chapter 14) is about as long as Sephiroth's Masamune. In fact it could be it's equal. 313

Violent2Dope
And yet here's the thing; TP Link got through his defenses indicating that Link is skilled enough to break through a powerful defense such as Ganondorf's and land massive blows. TP Link was trained (for who knows how many years) by both a swordsmaster and the Golden Wolf who taught him the lost arts. TP Link is clearly a supreme swordsman that can stand to the likes of Ganondorf. He had only two ways to hit Ganon(besides the stupid fishing pole thing), do one of those rolling maneuver thingys, or lock swords with him. And Ganon went thru more before that battle with Link using only swords in TP. I know that TP Link is the most skilled Link with swords, but still not as much as Ganon. Ganon, without the ToP, in WW was skilled enough to doge all light arrows and sword strikes by Link(even parries) when he got serious.

To Gear: Yes, Doku is perty badass. IMO, he was a much harder boss than easy ass Alma.

shin_gear
lol...Alma was a b*Tch to me..and the reason..

Well, I haven't upgraded my Dragon Sword at all, therefore I couldn't perform Flying Swallow...you probably remembered to upgrade it though.

MadMel
2 words
meta
knight
iow, this guy
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/super-smash-bros-brawl-200605180454.jpg

DarkC
From videogames?

Hell, I don't know. Maybe Ryu from Ninja Gaiden (I think that's his name anyways)

Superboy Prime
Honestly I think with materia Sephiroth would curbstomp any force user.

Just count every single materia available and begin to come up with combinations. It can be quite nasty.

Blax_Hydralisk
You'd be surprised.

In the EU people have done some crazy sh*t with the force.

Create/manipulate blackholes, blow up suns, rip holes in time, etc.

Violent2Dope

Just count every single materia available and begin to come up with combinations. It can be quite nasty. Sidious with Force Storm could incinerate the surface of the planet, it opens a wormhole, and he destroyed a fleet of ships like that. Nihilus with his uber TK could just rip Seph's arms off and throw him into orbit. Luke makes stars go supernova. Pwnt.

To Gear: Yes I did, I kept on using it til I got the Dabihlaro, and then still used it after that. Now I have the TDS. smile

Superboy Prime
Last Attack + Revive

Knights of the Round + HP Drain

Bahamut Zero + Quadra Magic

Manipulate, Deathblow

Matter Manipulation via the materia that turns enemies into frogs and mini versions of themselves

Time materia which can actually haste Sephiroth, slow opponents or even stop time.

Barrier, magic Barrier, Reflect, Wall.

Plus shitloads more materia.

Curbstomp might be an exageration on my part, but the force user will have to go all out to defeat Sephiroth with materia.

Violent2Dope
Last Attack + Revive

Knights of the Round + HP Drain

Bahamut Zero + Quadra Magic

Manipulate, Deathblow

Matter Manipulation via the materia that turns enemies into frogs and mini versions of themselves

Time materia which can actually haste Sephiroth, slow opponents or even stop time.

Barrier, magic Barrier, Reflect, Wall.

Plus shitloads more materia.

Curbstomp might be an exageration on my part, but the force user will have to go all out to defeat Sephiroth with materia. Sidious and Luke can go at speeds nearing light. smile

Superboy Prime
Sidious and Luke can go at speeds nearing light. smile

Cool.

I want to see Frogs duking it out at light speed.

By the way the EU is ridiculous.

Violent2Dope
Cool.

I want to see Frogs duking it out at light speed.

By the way the EU is ridiculous. Also canon if it doesn't contradict storyline of movies.

Superboy Prime
Also canon if it doesn't contradict storyline of movies.

I know EU is canon, give me more credit V2D. I've not been gone for long. *Furious now*

Never the less it is still ridiculous.

Blax_Hydralisk
EU is indeed ridiculous.

And as for that revive+ last attack thing.. how the fvck does that work? How do you revive oneself if you're already dead?

Violent2Dope
I know EU is canon, give me more credit V2D. I've not been gone for long. *Furious now*

Never the less it is still ridiculous. It shows more than what the movies do, yes.

Superboy Prime
It shows more than what the movies do, yes.

More isn't better though.

Violent2Dope
More isn't better though. Depends, there is some good EU, some of it is shite tho.

Superboy Prime
Depends, there is some good EU, some of it is shite tho.

Agreed.

Blax_Hydralisk
A LOT of it is sh*t. Case in point? The NJO series.

Superboy Prime
A LOT of it is sh*t. Case in point? The NJO series.

Co-co-co-COMBO BREAKER!

I mean co-sign.

Dead chewie?! Someone needs to die.

Violent2Dope
A LOT of it is sh*t. Case in point? The NJO series. Dead Chewie confuses and angers me. Fvck NJO.

Thiru

Just count every single materia available and begin to come up with combinations. It can be quite nasty. Nope, force users like vader can easily destroy sephiroth even with materia.

I guess you havnt heard of the jedis precognition? It will tell all of sephiroths next move to vader and all vader has to do is to execute a force crush which destroyed an ATAT size tank, entire medical room and a 60 story building with little effort.

Also, force speed allows a force user to move at blinding speeds which rival the speed of light, mace windu was described as invisible in his fight with karvastor, vader dodges bullets after the gun gets fired, Sidious moved so fast like light that the slightest twitch would kill his victim.

And we have the fact that luke can easily manipulate blackholes, the most destrouctive force in the universe, capsizing 1.7 km star destroyers while we have emperor palpatine whom could create wormholes destroying hundreds and thousands of war ships, We also have his massive TK which lifted a super star destroyer which is19 000 m long and at the same time he mind tricked billions of people making them forget that the saw him force lifting the lusankya with the force.

Dont underestimate the force, even with materia he is still completely defenceless to force attacks

Oh and materia? the force users can disarm him or even destroy it by gesturing

SHM

Just count every single materia available and begin to come up with combinations. It can be quite nasty.

He don't need Materia to use magic.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
He don't need Materia to use magic. Yet he would still lose. And correction, Safer Seph doesn't need materia to use magic.

fascistcrusader
Neither do AC Sephiroth and to some extent Pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Even before his dip in the lifestream Sephy could use the Itaraki thing that took out the Junon cannon and Fubhito's helicopter in BC. In AC he has all of his magical abilities, he just doesn't use them.

Violent2Dope
Neither do AC Sephiroth and to some extent Pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Even before his dip in the lifestream Sephy could use the Itaraki thing that took out the Junon cannon and Fubhito's helicopter in BC. In AC he has all of his magical abilities, he just doesn't use them. 1. No proof he didn't have materia for that. Also, his sword isn't a normal sword, that could be why.

2. I would really like you to prove this.

SHM
1. No proof he didn't have materia for that. Also, his sword isn't a normal sword, that could be why.

When he destroyed the helicopter in Before Crisis, everyone was impressed. Hojo even comented that he was getting stronger.

If it was just Materia, no one would be impressed, and Hojo wouldn't say that Sephiroth himself, was getting stronger

Jenova have magic, it's in the game. In the movie his body is Jenova. And let's not forget the Negative Lifestream he can controll.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
When he destroyed the helicopter in Before Crisis, everyone was impressed. Hojo even comented that he was getting stronger.

If it was just Materia, no one would be impressed, and Hojo wouldn't say that Sephiroth himself, was getting stronger

Jenova have magic, it's in the game. In the movie his body is Jenova. And let's not forget the Negative Lifestream he can controll. 1. Kay, so he can do a blade beam. So can Cloud.

2. No, Jenova's head merged with Kadaj is his body. Negative Lifestream isn't magic.

Any strong SW character would still stomp him.

SHM
2. No, Jenova's head merged with Kadaj is his body. Negative Lifestream isn't magic.

Kadaj was just spirit energy. Sephiroth needed physical matter to manifest in the physical world, and that were Jenova cells. In the movie Seph's body is only J-cells. If Jenova/J-cells have magic in FFVII, why they wouldn't have in AC?

Negative Lifestream is another form of Lifestream. Now answer me... What is the source of Materia/magic in FFVII?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
Kadaj was just spirit energy. Sephiroth needed physical matter to manifest in the physical world, and that were Jenova cells. In the movie Seph's body is only J-cells. If Jenova/J-cells have magic in FFVII, why they wouldn't have in AC?

Negative Lifestream is another form of Lifestream. Now answer me... What is the source of Materia/magic in FFVII? 1. Kadaj seemed pretty physical to me. If he wasn't, he couldn't hold his sword or be touched by Cloud.

2. I concede this point.

fascistcrusader
1.Yes there is, it is stated as one of his regular attacks. It isn't materia, its just a technique Sephiroth can do.

2. How many times do I need to provide the quote where the creators say Sephiroth was holding back?

Shin_Nikkolas
Which means he's an idiot. Which is a factor in a fight.

fascistcrusader
He only does it because of his hatred for CLoud and wanting to see him suffer though, meaning when he fights anyone other than Cloud it is not a factor.

SHM
1. Kadaj seemed pretty physical to me. If he wasn't, he couldn't hold his sword or be touched by Cloud.

The three brothers were all spirit energy in physical form. But they were still just spirit energy. Sephiroth needed a physical body to manifest, and this is why he wanted the cells.
The J-cells have the ability of multiplying themselves, and shapeshift. This is what they did after Kadaj drunk them. Giving origin to Sephiroth's new body.

ESB -1138
2. How many times do I need to provide the quote where the creators say Sephiroth was holding back?

And yet he was defenseless and powerless to stop Cloud's Omnislash! If he was as strong as you claimed he would have been able to block or stop Cloud's Omnislash but he couldn't!

SHM
And yet he was defenseless and powerless to stop Cloud's Omnislash! If he was as strong as you claimed he would have been able to block or stop Cloud's Omnislash but he couldn't!

He was flying when Omnislash hited him. He could have stoped flying and fall, to "dodge" the attack... But he didn't. That means Sephiroth is not capable of stop flying and fall?! Of course not!

It's not only about Sephiroth's arrogance, is about PIS and CIS. That fight was full of it.
Cloud was fighting alone, without Materias, against one of the most powerful beings in FFVII. He needed PIS and CIS to win.

Yes, Sephiroth could have dodged or blocked the attack. But then, Cloud wouldn't win. Sephiroth > Cloud and anyone else with exception of Minerva, but, the plot > Sephiroth. And the plot states the hero allways wins.

Burning thought
ime not sure, ime however would think Vergil could wipe the floor with Sephiroth

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth had never seen that attack before, he didn't know what was happening until it hit him. Did you notice the look of surprise on his face?

Let me quote his creators to you about his power

From the AC reunion files:

From an interview with Nomura, Kitase, and Nojima on AC and the compilation.

Right before your eyes, Sephiroth > everything else in FF VII.

Shin_Nikkolas
Nothing above him. Could easily mean any number of things equal him.

SHM
From the AC reunion files

That's not a statement by Nomura or Kitase, that's the interpretation of the guy translating the text. In the Reunion Files they say Sephiroth is fighting ferociously with Cloud. How can he fight ferociously if he isn't trying.

Sephiroth is playing with Cloud and underestimating him, but "he wasn't even trying" is an horrible exaggeration.

Wasn't you the guy who said Omega Weiss is equal to him?

fascistcrusader
Its slight hyperbole but it is 90% true nonetheless. Sephiroth is toying with Cloud the entire time, he doesn't exert himself at all, he doesn't use any of his magic or special abilities, he doesn't use the negative lifestream as a weapon, and he doesn't kill Cloud right away. Even when he has a blatant chance to kill him he pokes him in the shoulder and taunts him, rather than slicing his head off.

Sephiroth wasn't using much of his power at all, he wasn't trying very hard to kill Cloud, just to make him suffer. And with Sephiroth's god like power, he could be sipping a martini and conversing with someone else, and he would still fight ferociously. All of the effort would be given from his opponent.

No, I said OW was around his level, but Sephiroth had the advantage.

Superboy Prime
1. Kay, so he can do a blade beam. So can Cloud.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Cloud's blade beam cannot even begin to compare to Sephiroth's "Junon cannon busting" BB.

Violent2Dope
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Cloud's blade beam cannot even begin to compare to Sephiroth's "Junon cannon busting" BB. It is still a BB. Of course his is more powerful, he is stronger than Cloud. And actually, Cloud's is harder to dodge.

Terryc250
Their "Blade Beams" arent really the same, Clouds needs a second to charge his up and when he fires it, it explodes, Sephiroth just needs to make quick chops, which lets him do more then one, and his beams cut

Superboy Prime
It is still a BB. Of course his is more powerful, he is stronger than Cloud. And actually, Cloud's is harder to dodge.

Really now? Especially when it takes him considerable more time to execute?

Violent2Dope
Really now? Especially when it takes him considerable more time to execute? In AC it took no time at all if I remember right.

Terryc250
He did charge it for a second in the fight, in the game it took more then a second

Jmanghan
Lloyd from Legend of Dragon probably could, dude's skill with a sword was Legendary.

NotAllThatEvil
Roxas. Sora beat sephiroth and roxas beat sora.

StealthRanger
>a non canon version of Sephiroth

NotAllThatEvil
potato tomato

StealthRanger
Dun matter, even Sephiroth's cloud gathering feat is far more energetic than anything in KH afaik

Jmanghan
Sora matches Sephiroth's building-busting, though.

Pretty sure Final Form Sora could take him :/

StealthRanger
Sephiroth's building busting feat was clocked at 1.2 kilotons or something (well the building is the centrepoint of a massive super sity, which had regular skyscrapers in it anyways), and Sephiroth has better quantifiable speed feats (Mach 100 vs Mach 15 or something was it?)

Remind me what in Kingdom Hearts was comparable to Sephiroth's storm creating feat even

Jmanghan
Implying that Sephiroth's storm creating feat has any use in combat whatsoever.

Jmanghan
Stop using that NarutoForums calculation, I can't prove it's wrong, but you can't prove it's right, either. You are the only person on Killermovies who thinks that Sephiroth is that fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.