The Haitian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stickman618
so far, this is the only guy to have displayed more than one power(aside from Peter and Sylar)

1. power nullification- which seems to be passive and works within a certain radius around him

2. mind-wiping- making people forget things

Strangelove
http://heroeswiki.com/images/a/a1/Thehaitian.jpg

nmensfinest
The Haitian is by far my favorite character, it's about time he got his own thread! As for his power(s?), it's/they're most probably just one power, given that Tim Kring stated that Peter and Sylar were the only Heroes to display more than one power during Season 1. The power negation most likely has something to do with the memory. But yeah, the Haitian's simply too badass, he's likely the most powerful hero there is at the moment, except for maybe Maury Parkman and Hiro in his own special way.

Mairuzu
Well, hes not that powerful... even nathan got to fly away from him so his powers arent that strong to stop nathan from using his powers right away

nmensfinest
His ability to negate powers isn't absolute, true, however it's still a huge added bonus, for instance it grants him immunity to some pretty insane abilities (such as time manipulation or force persuade), and even when he can't stop the powers (which appears to be the case with radiation and flight) it's likely he can lessen the effect. But what I really find powerful about him isn't the power negate but the potency of his memory destruction ability. In It takes a Village he was able to mind wipe his entire freaking village, to the point where they couldn't even talk, and just became mindless zombies, and he did it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's a mental attack means that not many would have any sort of defence, and the sheer scale of the ability is immense.

InnerRise
It just dawned on me that he has 2 abilities.

The ability to deactivate Powers and the ability to Erase Memory.

Hmmm.

Also..........I'd be pissed if everybody referred to me as "The Hatian" as if he's some animal or something.

Does he have a real name?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Mairuzu
Im sure he does....

stickman618
how did Parkman know he was from Haiti anyway?

Bespin Bart
Who knows.

In any case, The Haitian has a single power- mental manipulation. His power affects the brain, including preventing it from activating powers or memories alike.

I've wondered if eventually mind control might pop in there, but who knows.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by nmensfinest
His ability to negate powers isn't absolute, true, however it's still a huge added bonus, for instance it grants him immunity to some pretty insane abilities (such as time manipulation or force persuade), and even when he can't stop the powers (which appears to be the case with radiation and flight) it's likely he can lessen the effect. But what I really find powerful about him isn't the power negate but the potency of his memory destruction ability. In It takes a Village he was able to mind wipe his entire freaking village, to the point where they couldn't even talk, and just became mindless zombies, and he did it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's a mental attack means that not many would have any sort of defence, and the sheer scale of the ability is immense.

i like to know if matt or maury can resist his powers. we know matt cant, at least right now, but what baout his father? they both have mental powers. id like to see a "mental" battle

nmensfinest
I think it depends. In a close and direct confrontation between the two, the Haitian would realistically be able to block out his powers and mind wipe him. But given that Maury appears to be able to sense outside threats and attack from a distance, I'm thinking that The Haitian wouldn't be able to ever be in such a position in the first place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.