General Music Talk!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the welsh one
post things here that are music related, yep ANYTHING music related at all

if you feel like posting comments in a random music thread then do it here big grin

im starting to like McFly eek!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by the welsh one
im starting to like McFly eek!

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

-AC

the welsh one
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

-AC

they grew on me

Alpha Centauri
As above.

Whatever you like, you like, but...as above.

-AC

2D_MASTER

the welsh one

Bardock42
tells me to listen to smoke on the water

So your Dad's not a complete moron. That's good.

What else do you like?

the welsh one
at the minute i like anti flag a lot now and nickelbacks - rockstar otherwise im just on youtube listening to loads of songs and bands

what do you like?

Bardock42
at the minute i like anti flag a lot now and nickelbacks - rockstar otherwise im just on youtube listening to loads of songs and bands

what do you like?

My favourite band are The Smiths quite some excellent music they made. I also like Radiohead, Godspeed You Black emperor, Tom Waits, The Magnetic Fields, etc.

I have a rather long list in my profile if you are actually interested.

Pezmerga
I am currently in Europe, and I am gonna have a field day in Italy's CD shops. That's my random music statement.

the welsh one
good list thumb up

Funkadelic
Terence trent d'arby is a genious. and he's the most underrated artist EVER!

2D_MASTER
General music statement of the day... Kiss was/is shit.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
My favourite band are The Smiths quite some excellent music they made. I also like Radiohead, Godspeed You Black emperor, Tom Waits, The Magnetic Fields, etc.

I have a rather long list in my profile if you are actually interested.

You might as well sit the kid in a high chair and say "Here comes the airplaaane.".

The man has chosen to follow MTV and McFly, he's made his choice.

-AC

the welsh one
You might as well sit the kid in a high chair and say "Here comes the airplaaane.".

The man has chosen to follow MTV and McFly, he's made his choice.

-AC

nuh uh!

i told you i seen blink 182 on MTV and was hooked therefore you think i only like music thats on MTV, theres harly any music on MTV and if there is its usually R&B.

since iv been a fan of blink 182 i started to look for more bands like them, and now i like lots of bands, so don't think that i am some MTV adoring sheep. nothing wrong with MTV anyway.

and iv only started to like McFly today, i think its good to see a band having fun making and playing their music

2D_MASTER

... i think its good to see a band having fun making and playing their music

..Well they are having "fun" raking in a shit-load of dough off of kids like you.

Alpha Centauri
nuh uh!

i told you i seen blink 182 on MTV and was hooked therefore you think i only like music thats on MTV, theres harly any music on MTV and if there is its usually R&B.

since iv been a fan of blink 182 i started to look for more bands like them, and now i like lots of bands, so don't think that i am some MTV adoring sheep. nothing wrong with MTV anyway.

and iv only started to like McFly today, i think its good to see a band having fun making and playing their music

So? Everyone is probably having fun making and/or playing/performing it, it doesn't make it a reason to like them.

If you enjoy the music they make, whatever, but that's the dumbest excuse: "I like 'em cos they're enjoying it.". Joseph Mengele probably had a right laugh torturing jews, but you didn't see people saying he was decent, because the man was doing shit stuff.

-AC

the welsh one
i like their music too obviously

the welsh one
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
..Well they are having "fun" raking in a shit-load of dough off of kids like you.

i have not paid a penny to listen to their music smile

2D_MASTER
i like their music too obviously

They like your easy money.

i have not paid a penny to listen to their music smile

Well, + 1 point for you. Your balance is still -100,000,000

Bardock42
i have not paid a penny to listen to their music smile Now, that's generally illegal and shitty, with Blink 182 probably deserved though.

After all they haven't provided you with any service either.

Cause their music sucks. In case that wasn't obvious.

Cory Chaos
I've been listening to a lot of "real" hardcore as of late. i.e. Cro-Mags, DOA, SS Decontrol and the like.

..and the new Jay Z, which I am surprisingly liking a lot.

SelphieT
Music? Ewwie, I don't listen.

Punkyhermy
i love listening to muzzik first waking up.happy

SelphieT
I hate the band Saliva. All their songs sound exactly the same. Same cord progressions, same chorus, same shit.

Funkadelic
I'm so madly in love with the song 'Strange relationship' by Prince. The Camille sped up vocals of the album version, the eastern influences on the unreleased version with the revolution, the awesome powerfull singing on the live versions ...

And the lyrics OMG, I'm so feeling what he says cuz I'm going through the same right now.

Alpha Centauri
Impossible.

-AC

Funkadelic
Impossible.

-AC

Explain

Alpha Centauri
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

-AC

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SelphieT
...All their songs sound exactly the same. Same cord progressions, same chorus, same shit.

Looks like MCR and Saliva have yet another thing in common.

SelphieT
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Looks like MCR and Saliva have yet another thing in common.

In your opinion, but in mine, nah.

2D_MASTER
In your opinion, but in mine, nah.

You are excused of your ignorance, little one.

Violent2Dope
I mainly listen to Hard Rock and Metal, some rap, mostly Psychopathic Records stuff(ICP's label).

Shinde Imasu
Yeah, sounds pretty similar to me, Violent2Dope ... Bit of hard rock/metal never hurt no one ... But I beg to differ about all of MCR's songs sounding the same ... I don't think "Ghost Of You" sounds anything like, say, "Famous Last Words" ... There are a few songs that do sound similar, but not all of them ... There is a bit of variety in there ...

Funkadelic
Anyway another great album:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf400/f463/f46313rb6df.jpg

SelphieT
Originally posted by Shinde Imasu
Yeah, sounds pretty similar to me, Violent2Dope ... Bit of hard rock/metal never hurt no one ... But I beg to differ about all of MCR's songs sounding the same ... I don't think "Ghost Of You" sounds anything like, say, "Famous Last Words" ... There are a few songs that do sound similar, but not all of them ... There is a bit of variety in there ...

I have to admit, a couple of songs on their last album The Black Parade sound the same. A lot of the songs on that album were shit, in my opinion.

But if you compare Bullets and Revenge, nah, they don't sound the same.

SelphieT
I don't really like Decemberunderground, but I really enjoy the song The Missing Frame. It's upbeat, and cute.

Bardock42
I am listenting to Funeral again, after a long period of...not doing so. Glad to say it didn't get any worse.

the welsh one
http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/artistspotlight/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=6700259

long but intresting

Alpha Centauri
I agree with some of it, disagree with some of it.

This part made me laugh:

"Before you start screaming 'What about the Beatles/Stones?'".

Proof that everybody feels they have to name certain bands. It actually assumes that whoever is reading will name those bands, or one of.

I don't think Led Zep are the greatest rock band ever by the way.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Afro Cheese
^lmao

Bardock42
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/T/T/spEP912--Trapped_in_the_Closet--3.jpg

SelphieT
I'm really sad. My brother's bands last show is on Sunday, and I won't be able to go. It was supposed to be on Tuesday, but they changed it to Sunday.

Breaks my heart really, I was there from when they just started, and were still very experimental, to when they found their niche, and became popular in the area.

SelphieT
So I checked out this band Ghoul about 2 weeks ago, and I like them.

Nellinator
Ghoul's Maniaxe is a cult classic. I've never really got into them though.

SelphieT
Yah d00d.

So I have developed a love for this band Horse the Band after I saw them open up for gwar.

And I found out the name of this band that plays a song I liked a while ago. Which happens to be Beating Hearts Baby, by Head Automatica. Never heard anything else by them however.

InnerRise
Ne-Yo asked Utada Hikaru to do a duet with him on his song "Do You" and it was released on the 21st, only digitally, in Japan and is number 2 on the iTunes Japanese Charts.

Don't like Ne-Yo, but Woo Hoo for Utada having the kind of star power to raise Ne-Yo's horrible excuse of a song (and career) over in Japan.

w00t

I still wish she had just said NO though.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

papabeard
I ve uploaded some music we made, maybe you could listen to it and let me know what you think, cheers

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=61435310

www.myspace.com/downbytheriverx

SelphieT
I just watched a Horse the Band music video, and it was so funny! I believe it was called a million suns explode or something like that.

Lord Shaper
What style of music does Horse the Band play? Several of my friends have mentioned them around me, so I've been meaning to check them out.

Alpha Centauri
Electronic, upbeat, sample heavy kind of stuff.

-AC

SelphieT
Mmmyep!

Originally posted by Lord Shaper
What style of music does Horse the Band play? Several of my friends have mentioned them around me, so I've been meaning to check them out.

Some people like to call it Nintendo Rock, or something of the sort. You should really check them out, they are definitely worth a try, in my opinion. I was skeptical of their name when I saw them live, I'd never heard of them before, but they were a bunch of great funny guys, with great music!

Here's their myspace, you can listen to some of their songs here:
http://www.myspace.com/horsetheband

They have some pretty funny music videos too. Those are definitely worth a watch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ijpBMB7euRI

Lord Shaper
Thanks guys.

Does anyone like Mr. Bungle around here?

SelphieT
Don't think I've ever heard of him/them.

What's the "genre"/sound?

Alpha Centauri
They're really shit, I wouldn't bother.

-AC

Bardock42
In fact I believe they are in the genre "shit".

Lord Shaper
They're really shit, I wouldn't bother.

-AC

They have talent, but don't always utilize it like they should. They are far from "shit" though. Highly entertaining music, funny too.

They are experimental.

Alpha Centauri
They have talent, but don't always utilize it like they should. They are far from "shit" though. Highly entertaining music, funny too.

They are experimental.

I know who they are, they're one of my favourite bands and arguably one of the best uses of talent that any band has had.

I just played it down because the last thing KMC needs is another "I like Bungle cos they're popular among certain people." fan.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
'Experimental' seems a bit lazy. They defy genre though.

Kram3r
I know who they are, they're one of my favourite bands and arguably one of the best uses of talent that any band has had.

I just played it down because the last thing KMC needs is another "I like Bungle cos they're popular among certain people." fan.

-AC

I must say the previous comment did leave a smirk on my face.

Lord Shaper
In fact I believe they are in the genre "shit".

So I'm curious as to why you stated that. Were you just agreeing?

Bardock42
So I'm curious as to why you stated that. Were you just agreeing? Yeah. I wanted AC to like me sad

Kram3r
Yeah. I wanted AC to like me sad

Fail.

SelphieT
Well, I'll probably check them out now anyways, out of curiousity. Everyone has different musical opinions.

Alpha Centauri
Here we go.

-AC

SelphieT
Here we go.

-AC

Oh you know.

InnerRise
I like Bungle. Gonna check 'em out.

doped

SelphieT
So I'm listening to this Mr. Bungle right now. So far I've listened to Vanity Fair, Backstrokin', and Carousel currently.

I don't really like the vocals, but the rest of the music sounds nice so far.

Bardock42

I don't really like the vocals, but the rest of the music sounds nice so far.

Hahahahahaha.

Does AC like me yet sad

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, the vocalist ain't all that.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Yeah, but I kind of like the vocals on this song Pink Cigarette mmm

Does AC like me yet sad

Heehee!

Victor Von Doom

Heehee!

Yeah, that's a different guy.

SelphieT

Oh........well then that explains it.

Victor Von Doom
Lol out loud.

InnerRise
Lout out Loud out Loud?

Victor Von Doom
Laugh.

RedAlertv2
Lot of elitism in here

Alpha Centauri
So funny how certain people are just being used as entertainment in here.

Originally posted by InnerRise
I like Bungle. Gonna check 'em out.

doped

You like them...and you're going to check them out? Wouldn't you like them BECAUSE you checked them out, rather then the way you said it?

Oh, sorry, you were being an idiot.

Besides, they're not your thing. They're not androgynous and Japanese, or fat and a hick.

-AC

InnerRise
I checked Bungle out. I think I'll really enjoy it.

herbdoped

Alpha Centauri
I thought you already did?

"I like Bungle.".

-AC

Nellinator
So funny how certain people are just being used as entertainment in here.

You like them...and you're going to check them out? Wouldn't you like them BECAUSE you checked them out, rather then the way you said it?

Oh, sorry, you were being an idiot.

Besides, they're not your thing. They're not androgynous and Japanese, or fat and a hick.

-AC It was funnier before the edit.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, funnier after.

-AC

Kram3r

Oh........well then that explains it.

crylaugh

SelphieT
So I've been listening to Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt a lot lately. They used to be so cool. Why did Gwen change genres? She used to be so cool and her music used to be so cool too. So weird.

Bardock42
Yeah they were so cool, and now they aren't cool anymore, which isn't cool. I think they were so cool it was cool. Like really cool, too.

Kram3r
So I've been listening to Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt a lot lately. They used to be so cool. Why did Gwen change genres? She used to be so cool and her music used to be so cool too. So weird.

I think she's (and the band No Doubt) is still cool. I thought Love. Angel. Music. Baby. was a great album. I haven't heard The Sweet Escape, TBH, but I don't think that should discredit her totally. What did you expect in a solo career? A No Doubt album without No Doubt? I think that would have been lame and pointless. I think one could view The Sweet Escape as selling out (you know, the music video with Akon driving around in a gold Hummer) but Love. Angel. Music. Baby. I view as just moving away from being known as "That girl that fronts No Doubt".

Alpha Centauri
The sad thing is, you're actually serious.

I expected some downhill plummeting after you said you thought Britney Spears had a great debut album, but damn.

-AC

Kram3r
The sad thing is, you're actually serious.

I expected some downhill plummeting after you said you thought Britney Spears had a great debut album, but damn.

-AC

O...kay?

SelphieT
Originally posted by Kram3r
I think she's (and the band No Doubt) is still cool. I thought Love. Angel. Music. Baby. was a great album. I haven't heard The Sweet Escape, TBH, but I don't think that should discredit her totally. What did you expect in a solo career? A No Doubt album without No Doubt? I think that would have been lame and pointless. I think one could view The Sweet Escape as selling out (you know, the music video with Akon driving around in a gold Hummer) but Love. Angel. Music. Baby. I view as just moving away from being known as "That girl that fronts No Doubt".

Interesting perspective. I guess you do have a point, but I guess it's just that her new stuff is not my cup of tea at all. I just didn't think she'd turn out to be that......girly......

Yeah they were so cool, and now they aren't cool anymore, which isn't cool. I think they were so cool it was cool. Like really cool, too.

You going to say something worthwhile for once?

Bardock42
Interesting perspective. I guess you do have a point, but I guess it's just that her new stuff is not my cup of tea at all. I just didn't think she'd turn out to be that......girly......

You going to say something worthwhile for once? No, I only say worthwhile things on worthy topics.

Kram3r

Well, her new stuff is totally different from what she did. So people that liked her before (I'm assuming that's a lot) may not like what she's done now. As for the "girly" comment, I don't really know. I suppose you're right in a lot of ways but I think she was always feminine (like the Underneath It All music video).

SelphieT
No, I only say worthwhile things on worthy topics.

Oh you, Mari-goose.

Do you like Gwen Stefani or No Doubt then?

Bardock42
Oh you, Mari-goose.

Do you like Gwen Stefani or No Doubt then? ...g-guess.

Laguna L
No, I only say worthwhile things on worthy topics.

All you do is agree with people on ANY topic. Is that agreed?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Laguna L
All you do is agree with people on ANY topic. Is that agreed?

No.

See what I did there?

SelphieT
So since I recently got all my CD's back, I've been listening to music non-stop. So I popped in my Dresden Dolls CD, entitled, Yes Virginia, and I do like it, but not as much as I like their first CD.

I like the first CD more, because I like all of the songs, and all the songs are just so different. While on Yes Virginia, some of the songs sounded kind of similar, and the ones that did, were the ones I didn't really like much. But it's a great CD, nonetheless. My favorite songs on Yes Virginia are "First Orgasm" and "Mrs. O".

Bardock42
Listening to some Nightwatchman at the moment. He's just so great. I forgot about him for a bit, but damn.

InnerRise
Utada Hikaru is finishing up her Next Japanese Album, all the while working on her upcoming 2nd English Album as well.

The Japanese Album may be released as soon as Spring 2008.

w00t

Bardock42
Utada Hikaru is finishing up her Next Japanese Album, all the while working on her upcoming 2nd English Album as well.

The Japanese Album may be released as soon as Spring 2008.

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Do you like that Ayumi Hamasaki Sanctuary is obsessing over?

InnerRise
Do you like that Ayumi Hamasaki Sanctuary is obsessing over? Nope. I don't like her voice.

Why?

Bardock42
Nope. I don't like her voice.

Why?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Dunno...just making general music talk.

SelphieT
So I'm taking this piano class, and we had some free time for the last ten minutes of the class, and since there were computers in the room, I got on one. I listened to some of "Something I Can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails, and then I went back to my keyboard, and I ended up figuring out how to play the intro!

Talk about cool. When I have more time, I'll have to figure out everything else.

SelphieT
Ah man, because of Trent Reznor's lyrics, sometimes I feel like there isn't any point in writing my own poetry.

But then again, his lyrics are all quite blunt.

InnerRise
Ah man, because of Trent Reznor's lyrics, sometimes I feel like there isn't any point in writing my own poetry.

But then again, his lyrics are all quite blunt. Ahhh......poetry........I use to write a lot of poetry back in the day. Some good stuff too. Writing Musical Lyrics isn't too far off from that. Might have quite a talent.

Alpha Centauri

The man is arguably the worst lyricist in rock music.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

They're not that great to be honest. He has the odd decent one on The Fragile.

BackFire
"I wanna **** you like an animal..."

Brilliance at work, folks. Oh wait, I heard a drunken frat-boy say the same thing to his dog last week. Someone should give him a record deal.

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
"I wanna **** you like an animal..."

Brilliance at work, folks. Oh wait, I heard a drunken frat-boy say the same thing to his dog last week. Someone should give him a record deal.

Ehh......minus that one.

Bardock42
Ehh......minus that one. That's actually pretty funny.

SelphieT
Well, yeah.

A few songs are just really special to me. But then again........eh, there's no point.

SelphieT
I feel like singing Carol of the Bells mmm

InnerRise
I feel like singing Carol of the Bells mmm I love that song.

SelphieT
I love that song.

Oh I know! I'm a soprano, and I love singing high at "Gayly they ring, while people sing, songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!"

SelphieT
I hope to get a Horse the Band CD or something for Christmas.

And I may be getting myself a keyboard....

Pezmerga
I hope to get a Horse the Band CD or something for Christmas.

And I may be getting myself a keyboard....

I just got my Wife a Digital Piano so she can start taking lessons again. (she played a few years when she was younger.)
Plus I like to make noise with them lol. Hope you get your keyboard. I'm guessing as a xmas present?

SelphieT
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I just got my Wife a Digital Piano so she can start taking lessons again. (she played a few years when she was younger.)
Plus I like to make noise with them lol. Hope you get your keyboard. I'm guessing as a xmas present?

Heehee, that's cute about you and your wife. You "like to make noise" laughing out loud

Yeah, hopefully. For once in my life, my Dad and I have been running quite low on money, so I told my Dad not to get a keyboard for me, just to get me a CD or something. So I probably won't get it now that I've told him that, and he did tell me it was only a couple hundred we'd probably end up spending, but still. I just don't want to be greedy.........

Shinde Imasu
Heehee, that's cute about you and your wife. You "like to make noise" laughing out loud

Yeah, hopefully. For once in my life, my Dad and I have been running quite low on money, so I told my Dad not to get a keyboard for me, just to get me a CD or something. So I probably won't get it now that I've told him that, and he did tell me it was only a couple hundred we'd probably end up spending, but still. I just don't want to be greedy.........

Cool ... My dad has a keyboard, it's a Korg, it cost him a couple of thousand, he won't let anyone touch it ... I don't really care, I've got my guitars, that's good enough for me!

SelphieT
Originally posted by Shinde Imasu
Cool ... My dad has a keyboard, it's a Korg, it cost him a couple of thousand, he won't let anyone touch it ... I don't really care, I've got my guitars, that's good enough for me!

That's cool, the only thing I really own that's my own is my bass right now. I had to leave my guitar and viola back in Nebraska.......talk about stupid. But my dad has a really nice guitar here, so I mess with it every once in a while. He really doesn't play it. He "doesn't have the time". But I'm sure we all know people that are really interested in it make time.

But whatevs. I'd just like a keyboard. That'd be nice.

SelphieT
I did end up getting a keyboard for Christmas happy

I wish I could sing along with Unleashing the Bloodthirsty sad.

Shinde Imasu
I did end up getting a keyboard for Christmas happy

I wish I could sing along with Unleashing the Bloodthirsty sad.

Awesome.

JackieCD
Who's the next Timbaland?

Wålshy
there wont be a next one

SelphieT
How can there be a next Timbaland, when he's still working? Not like he's dead or anything, he's big on the pop charts I assume.

And who cares?

Wålshy

Wålshy

XvampbenjiiX666
i just wanna see how this would work...all it is, is about what kind of music you like, despise, or just plain ****in hate

Scottie
There is a music forum

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/

Lady Fox
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
i just wanna see how this would work...all it is, is about what kind of music you like, despise, or just plain ****in hate

None

SelphieT
Anyone wanna recommend any black metal groups worth listening to?

Kram3r
Originally posted by Selphie
Anyone wanna recommend any black metal groups worth listening to?

Lol, for a second there I thought you mean a group with black people in it and I was about to recommend Body Count. crylaugh

From what I remember hearing AGES ago, Satyricon used to be pretty cool, I didn't mind them. However I only heard a few songs like 3 years ago, so my knowledge on them is little to none.

Healing Artisan
i posted this in another thread, but just wanted more opinions.

i know it's vague but

songs from back in the day > songs from nowadays

Selphie
Originally posted by Kram3r
Lol, for a second there I thought you mean a group with black people in it and I was about to recommend Body Count. crylaugh

From what I remember hearing AGES ago, Satyricon used to be pretty cool, I didn't mind them. However I only heard a few songs like 3 years ago, so my knowledge on them is little to none.

Hah!

I'll have to look them up then. Thanks Kram3r

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.