Is there a difference between Religious and Philosophical Meditation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I ask because lately...I don't see much of a difference. Do you have a particular meditations or thoughts?

I'll share one of my own with you guys. These are some thoughts I gather while trying to have a peaceful moment in a very comfortable place with no interruptions. Technically not yoga. But more a relax period of time.

"See without sight. Hear without hearing. Thinking withoug emotion. Bound to no limits. Limited only in flesh. There is only flux. Existence is in flux. No beginning and no ending and only peace. There is no "I" there is only "all at once". Mind is the vessel to understanding and wisdom."

Mindship
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I ask because lately...I don't see much of a difference.
I remember a thread with a similar topic, where I wrote...

Philosophy is analytical inquiry which may or may not involve reverence.
Religion is reverence which may or may not involve analytical inquiry.

...something like that. It came out better the first time.

debbiejo
I ask because lately...I don't see much of a difference. Do you have a particular meditations or thoughts?

I'll share one of my own with you guys. These are some thoughts I gather while trying to have a peaceful moment in a very comfortable place with no interruptions. Technically not yoga. But more a relax period of time.

"See without sight. Hear without hearing. Thinking withoug emotion. Bound to no limits. Limited only in flesh. There is only flux. Existence is in flux. No beginning and no ending and only peace. There is no "I" there is only "all at once". Mind is the vessel to understanding and wisdom." Come a little closer to the door, you're almost one of us. laughing out loud

Mindship
"Mind is the vessel to understanding and wisdom."
Or is it the obstacle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.