Ridley Scott's "American Gangster"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

Well, who's seen it?

Good/Bad/Other?

(I'm going tonight to the late show.) smile

T.M
I saw the trailer when I watched Eastern Promises the other day.

It looks pretty good, I think I will go watch it. It isn't out here until the 16th.

Aizen
Nice movie though I think it would be nice to see more action especially because the movie is 2hrs and 36minutes long, anyway a must see, fine movie with quality actors and a strong storyline.

Also there are strange feelings about the protagonists in this movie you really don't know which one do you like or not or for which one do you cheer for, there are other subjects but lets wait for more ppl who saw it then we could argue a little.

Cory Chaos
I screened it Thursday night, incredible film. It was one of the few films that has a long run time that is NECESSARY to do the story justice. It kept me intrigued the entire time. Just great, well rounded storytelling.

It's Ridley Scott..you shouldn't expect any less.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've seen this. Denzel fives an oscar worthy performance. Good film. Crowe is very very goos also.

ragesRemorse
Excellent movie. Another Ridley Scott masterpiece

Blax_Hydralisk
God, this movie was excellent.

sithsaber408
Darn it, I didn't get to go today or last night.

I'll have to check it out on Sunday afternoon.

Glad to hear all of the positive responses!

super pr*xy
although it was a bit tame, but it was a kick ass movie. i was actually cheering for denzel even though i knew what the ending would be. wierd thing was i was watching the history channel about frank lucas (denzel's character) night before i saw the movie.

Discos
not released at my cinema til next week I think. Its on my to see list anyways so I'll write what I think of it next week.

LOOK alright,

Darth Vicious
Excellent movie. A must see. I was rooting for Denzel's character the whole time even though I knew how'll end.

I saw the special on BET(American Gangster). Frank Lucas looks like a shadow of his former self. Richie Roberts didnt look that old, he seem like a cool guy.

super pr*xy
i wish the movie showed more of lucas being a gangster. most of the time, the movie showed him as a businessman. the beginning of the film kinda promised a lot of violent deaths that never come. on the other hand, that is what makes the movie more impressive because even if there aren't a lot of gratuitous violence, the movie sucks you right in.

SnakeEyes
I've heard a lot of good things about this film from my friends.

I might have to go see it.

sithsaber408
Saw it tonight with the wife.

An excellent movie, 5/5. thumb up

I really enjoyed it.

SpaceMonkey
Great movie. Well acted, written and directed. Josh Brolin steals every scene he's in.

=Tired Hiker=
I think I will go see this movie right now.

Solo
Pretty grand, but no masterpiece.

Dusty
I liked it a lot. I also enjoyed seeing RZA and Common. Ridley Scott is a pretty hit/miss guy for me. He hit this one. Great film.

RedAlertv2
Thought it was a great movie. As someone mentioned, there wasnt all that much action, but the plot was so intricate and compelling that Im not complaining.

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty
I liked it a lot. I also enjoyed seeing RZA and Common. Ridley Scott is a pretty hit/miss guy for me. He hit this one. Great film.

Dude, your sig just freaked me out.

I think I will go see this when it comes out next week.

SnakeEyes
Saw this yesterday.

Needless to say, I thought it was awesome. Denzel Washington was top notch.

SelphieT
Saw it last night with my father.

Loved it.

idowhatiamtold
Freakin awesome....I love Denzel Washington. Some of the scenes disturbed me a little bit but it was still good.

pinkfloydkor
just got it on dvd, it is very well acted and there is just the right amount of violence to where that isnt the main focus of the movie

great film

SelphieT
How the hell did you already get it on dvd?!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by SelphieT
How the hell did you already get it on dvd?!

Promo? Rip?

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh, I got a bootleg from my Uncle, who works with people who discuss who should get Oscars. The video quality is perfect.

SelphieT
Lucky ducks.

Reverend Axel
Great movie.

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Eh, I got a bootleg from my Uncle, who works with people who discuss who should get Oscars. The video quality is perfect.

i get my dvds from this guy at work

perfect quality, you cant tell AT ALL that its a bootleg

i actually just got the mist on dvd, whixh doesnt come out for another 2 weeks.

=Tired Hiker=
I gotta say, from reading other posts in this thread I thought this movie was spoiled for me. I thought Denzel was going to die or something, I was surprized to find out that Denzel does go down in the end, but . . . the fact that Russel Crowe's character becomes a defense attorney and his first client is Frank Lucas, that was awesome.Going into this movie, I didn't know anything about Frank Lucas, so that was kinda nice.

SelphieT
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I gotta say, from reading other posts in this thread I thought this movie was spoiled for me. I thought Denzel was going to die or something, I was surprized to find out that Denzel does go down in the end, but . . . the fact that Russel Crowe's character becomes a defense attorney and his first client is Frank Lucas, that was awesome.Going into this movie, I didn't know anything about Frank Lucas, so that was kinda nice.

I KNOW! When I saw that Crowe became Washington's defense attorney, I had the biggest smile, it was so awesome. Truly loved it. I have to admit I want to do some research on Frank Lucas now.

=Tired Hiker=
I KNOW! When I saw that Crowe became Washington's defense attorney, I had the biggest smile, it was so awesome. Truly loved it. I have to admit I want to do some research on Frank Lucas now.

Ridley Scott sure can make a f***ing movie. Hmm, new thread idea!

Darth Martin
Just saw this today and it was pretty good. Alot of nudity but wasn't that much violence as I wanted it to be. I think it's crazy how Lucas went all the way to Vietnam to get this stuff.

pinkfloydkor
hey, look what it did for him

a few trips to Vietnam and he was as rich as anyone could want to be

Darth Martin
Great story. Still debating if it was Denzel's best role to date.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Just saw this today and it was pretty good. Alot of nudity but wasn't that much violence as I wanted it to be. I think it's crazy how Lucas went all the way to Vietnam to get this stuff.

It didn't have that much nudity.

RedAlertv2
It didn't have that much nudity. Well, it had a lot of indirect nudity.

Darth Martin
It didn't have that much nudity. Yes it did.

exanda kane
Was okay.

SelphieT
Yes it did.

All I remember was the girls working with the drugs were naked, but that's just so they wouldn't steal any. It's not like it was sexual nudity....

Darth Martin
All I remember was the girls working with the drugs were naked, but that's just so they wouldn't steal any. It's not like it was sexual nudity.... that was like shown four times as well, add in the women who were massaging that dude in thailand and Richie's girlfriend/attorney.

SelphieT
that was like shown four times as well, add in the women who were massaging that dude in thailand and Richie's girlfriend/attorney.

But you never see his attorney's stuff though, right? It just shows them totally getting at it.....but no money shot...

Darth Martin
theres a scene of him in bed with her when his partner calls asking for help there is a brief shot of her breast aweswome movie regardless in my top ten of all time

exanda kane

Darth Martin
Best film of 2007? I think so.

Darth Martin
Just got this on dvd and watched it last night for the second time.

SnakeEyes
Definitely not the best film of 2007, but it was a great movie imo.

Darth Martin
What do you think is the best film of 07?

SnakeEyes
Personally, I thought No Country for Old Men was the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.