300 versus 50 Navy Seals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok , so In commemoration of me actually watching the damn film I've made a thread.

A unique time-space ripple has dumped the entire 300 in the middle of Madison Square Garden. They instantly go on the defensive , and produce a Mini 'hot-gates' from odds and ends littered around (let's say it's about 20 metres tall). This is after slaughtering every civilian within the area of course wink

Stark isn't having any time-traveling barbarians holding HIS damn city (or in this case park) hostage and sends down 50 Navy seals, juiced with the SSS he cracked from Cap's corpse. It is only a temporary shot however, lasting a mere 6 hours, Stark is confident however, that this will be all the time they need.

Each Seal is in fatigues, armed with a bowie-knife and a steel shield. They've been taught how to use them by U.S. Agent. Every Spartan has a steel tipped Spear, Steel Swords and Bronze armour/Helmet/Shield.

"Foreign Invaders, this is your last and final warning, lay down your arms and come out peacefully so we ma-UGH!"

"COME AND GET THEM ! "

Who wins cool

supremthor
seals go down hard...no guns

Tenebrous
the spartans have no chance. grey fox what the hell are you talking about?? Park??? I'm a native new yorker....MSG IS NO FRICKIN PARK

CaptainStoic
Grey never says anything about a park Tenebrous. It is clearly stated that they are dumped in the middle of Madison Square Garden. Where they on on the defensive. Why? Because they are in the open! You know they need cover.

Some of this I did not quite get, but if the Seals only have bowie knives and a steel sheild they will lose.

grey fox
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Grey never says anything about a park Tenebrous. It is clearly stated that they are dumped in the middle of Madison Square Garden. Where they on on the defensive. Why? Because they are in the open! You know they need cover.

Some of this I did not quite get, but if the Seals only have bowie knives and a steel sheild they will lose.

Sorry, my knowledge of NY is lacking 'k.

Soljer

Captain America-esque Super Soldiers with SEAL training and only a 6:1 deficit? 300 go down.

Switch 07
What a stupid thread?? Seriously without the SSS would be betetr. What the f**k?

grey fox
Originally posted by Switch 07
What a stupid thread?? Seriously without the SSS would be betetr. What the f**k?

Not really.

See the seals have no armour, no fire-arms and are only equipped with a Shield and a Bowie Knife. I'm no military man , but i'm pretty damn sure they dont teach you full h2h of Knife against Spear ect.

If necessary we can cut the SSS down to 30 minutes before it wears off.

CaptainStoic
Tp have the serum is one thing, and to be Captain America is quite another. Steve Rogers has had decades to build up an uber aura. Kind of like Batman. These Seals would be in trouble. To top it off the 300 seem like Super Soldiers themselves, and being bred to be the fiercest warriors has it's advantages.

lando005
Originally posted by grey fox
Sorry, my knowledge of NY is lacking 'k. there is no excuse for your lacking of knowledge of my home state hell 90% of everything that happens in marvel happens there, you will pay for your transgressions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soljer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Tp have the serum is one thing, and to be Captain America is quite another. Steve Rogers has had decades to build up an uber aura. Kind of like Batman. These Seals would be in trouble. To top it off the 300 seem like Super Soldiers themselves, and being bred to be the fiercest warriors has it's advantages.

I read the comics, and we all saw the movie.

Where were the super human feats they pulled off? The SSS makes you a bullet timer and capable of punching through concrete. And SEAL close quarter combat training is pretty extensive. They'll take quite heavy losses, but they'll most certainly be the last team standing.

braz
Bullet timer? I wouldnt say that, I'd say because Captain America is who he is, he doesnt get shot. He's like Master Chief, damn lucky. He has a big aura. And on top of that, hes got a freakin mystical, immortal shield thats on the level of Thors MJOLNIR.

6:1 odds against the MOVIE Spartans? I'd say the 300 win. The SEALs get gang-banged and raped. Bowie knives dont even begin to compare to an 8-foot spear or even a short sword.

And the Spartans had some nice feats: throwing a spear at least 300 yards with so much accuracy and precision to kill a man on a horse..? Not bad. Throwing a spear so fast that it speeds by in slow motion throwing another guy off a horse, throwing a spear through Xerxes' throne. 300 men holding back the strength of 1000s of Persians, and that 10-15 ft leap Leonidas did going to talk to the Ephors wasnt bad either.

grey fox
Adding into the Armour the Spartans were stabbing through. Something which I was frankly amazed at.

CaptainStoic
Many martial arts and sword skills have been long forgotten in this time and age. The Spartans knew them all. The Seals in this case don't. Let's remember that a sword is an extension of your arm, and in the Spartans hands it seemed to be twice the length.

I would have pitted the 300 against more than 50 Seals, with a Serum that will not last long. 6 hours is not enough time to take on a Master Tactician like Leonidas.

Soljer
Originally posted by braz
Bullet timer? I wouldnt say that, I'd say because Captain America is who he is, he doesnt get shot. He's like Master Chief, damn lucky. He has a big aura. And on top of that, hes got a freakin mystical, immortal shield thats on the level of Thors MJOLNIR.
You wouldn't? Then you're mistaken. The serum specifically altered Cap's body AND mind - his reactions. Not to mention it's because of the serum that he can 'see faster' in order to slip between barrage after barrage of automatic gun fire. Cap isn't lucky - he's fast - he's good. Damn good.

6:1 odds against the MOVIE Spartans? I'd say the 300 win. The SEALs get gang-banged and raped. Bowie knives dont even begin to compare to an 8-foot spear or even a short sword.

The Spartans have the reach advantage with the spear, however, they're at a painful disadvantage as soon as a SEAL gets past the tip - and they'd lose precious seconds dropping the spear and switching to the sword - seconds that would mean a very quick, clean death.

And the Spartans had some nice feats: throwing a spear at least 300 yards with so much accuracy and precision to kill a man on a horse..? Not bad. Throwing a spear so fast that it speeds by in slow motion throwing another guy off a horse, throwing a spear through Xerxes' throne. 300 men holding back the strength of 1000s of Persians, and that 10-15 ft leap Leonidas did going to talk to the Ephors wasnt bad either.

None of that is beyond real-world human....erm. The Serum, however, is QUITE beyond real-world human.

llagrok
So you've got 50 armed and trained peak humans....

braz
Originally posted by Soljer
You wouldn't? Then you're mistaken. The serum specifically altered Cap's body AND mind - his reactions. Not to mention it's because of the serum that he can 'see faster' in order to slip between barrage after barrage of automatic gun fire. Cap isn't lucky - he's fast - he's good. Damn good.

Yeah, it does enhance his reactions, but not by that much. He cant like literally time a bullet and dodge it after its being fired. Maybe he can see the world 3-4x slower than a normal human, so he can see where whoever's shooting at hims gunna fire and thus, he can evade it, because hes also slightly above peak human in physical stats(even though they say hes only peak human- i think its bull personally).

The Spartans have the reach advantage with the spear, however, they're at a painful disadvantage as soon as a SEAL gets past the tip - and they'd lose precious seconds dropping the spear and switching to the sword - seconds that would mean a very quick, clean death.

The SEALs only have bowie knives which are a foot long at best. How are they gunna get past the spears..? and the 300 man phalanx?

None of that is beyond real-world human....erm. The Serum, however, is QUITE beyond real-world human.

no expression Id say it is. But you're right the serum will make the SEALs even quicker than the Spartans, just not quick enough imo.

Barbarian Shams
Without guns, I can see the 300 beating the Navy Seals.

Switch 07
Originally posted by grey fox
Not really.

See the seals have no armour, no fire-arms and are only equipped with a Shield and a Bowie Knife. I'm no military man , but i'm pretty damn sure they dont teach you full h2h of Knife against Spear ect.

If necessary we can cut the SSS down to 30 minutes before it wears off. The SSS serum would make them stronger faster etc and would be able to beat the 300.

But 30 minutes might be better I guess.

Soljer
Thirty minutes and the fifty would probably be boned.

As is, the fifty would sustain heavy casualties due to sheer numbers, but eventually make it through.

Newjak
The 300 had some very good feats:

The charging Rhino taken down by one spear,

Leonidas throwing the spear through Xerses Throne chair.,

Leonidas blocking the Ogre's attack,

The one guy being able to jump basically 15 feet in the air to cut off a guy's arm before the whip could hit him,

The one guy being stabbed straight through with a spear and still being able to kill three guys,

they were definitely not your average human.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
The 300 had some very good feats:

The charging Rhino taken down by one spear,

Leonidas throwing the spear through Xerses Throne chair.,

Leonidas blocking the Ogre's attack,

The one guy being able to jump basically 15 feet in the air to cut off a guy's arm before the whip could hit him,

The one guy being stabbed straight through with a spear and still being able to kill three guys,

they were definitely not your average human.

I never said average.

I DID say that they weren't out of the realm of real-world humans.

willRules
Originally posted by lando005
there is no excuse for your lacking of knowledge of my home state hell 90% of everything that happens in marvel happens there, you will pay for your transgressions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, cos the average American knows so much about other countries.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6ybqfPJ61Y

roll eyes (sarcastic)

seaapple
Which comic book are the Navy Seals from?

grey fox
Life

grey fox
bump

Xplosive
300 easily.

grey fox
bump

Evangel94
If Batman who is just a regular human trained to peak human levels can match Captain America, then 300 trained peak human warriors can definitely match and beat the 50-no-armor-only knife wielding-temporary-30-minute-insta-mini-wannabe-captain americas.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Evangel94
If Batman who is just a regular human trained to peak human levels can match Captain America, then 300 trained peak human warriors can definitely match and beat the 50-no-armor-only knife wielding-temporary-30-minute-insta-mini-wannabe-captain americas.

And doing it easily actually.

Darth Martin
So this is 50 Seals w/o guns but with SSS serum. They lose. The Seals aremn't as skilled with their weapons and tactics as the 301 Spartans were. They are a single unit. Cap himself woukld have a good schance but these 50 have none. 300 take 10/10.

Gecko4lif
Seals win easily

Stronger faster and more durable then the spartans

It makes up for the lesser battle skills

celestialdemon
I'd say the 50 seals win but suffer HEAVY casualties.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So this is 50 Seals w/o guns but with SSS serum. They lose. The Seals aremn't as skilled with their weapons and tactics as the 301 Spartans were. They are a single unit. Cap himself woukld have a good schance but these 50 have none. 300 take 10/10.

confused

Sooooooooo... Let me see... 50 of the most skilled and finely tuned tactical military fighters in the world today on the SSS (The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1100 pounds (500kg) , running a mile (1.6 km) in little more than a minute. All this from "Steve" a small, frail, sickly man as a starting block and not an already well conditioned, big, strong and agile athletes). can't get it done against The Spartans (defensive based) soldiers whom almost all of those 50 SSS S.E.A.L.s have ready studied from and learned from The Spartans militarily and what they did right and wrong as warriors.

IMO 10:1 would be a closer battle. As is IMO The S.E.A.L.s take this losing 50% of their #'s. And they would be too much for The Spartans to handle.

Crease
The 300 were portrayed as being almost individually on the level of Achilles (Troy). That said...

If the Seals were trained in Ancient Warfare and had equal weaponry they'd still lose after the 300 sustain heavy losses. Each Seal would be worth 2 Spartans (because of the serum). With only the knife and shield, they lose horribly.

Now that I really think about it, the 300 were so skilled and so close to peak human I think 50 Caps would have a tough fight much less the Seals. .

Decimus
1 Cap would have a good chance at soloing them.

Gecko4lif
1 cap takes them all out with 1 sheild throw

TricksterPriest
I don't believe 50 seals are anywhere near as skilled as Captain America. And training by US Agent does not close the gap, IMO. Agent himself, was trained by Taskmaster, but as has been seen, Captain America's skill level is much higher than Agent's.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Sooooooooo... Let me see... 50 of the most skilled and finely tuned tactical military fighters in the world today on the SSS (The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1100 pounds (500kg) , running a mile (1.6 km) in little more than a minute. All this from "Steve" a small, frail, sickly man as a starting block and not an already well conditioned, big, strong and agile athletes). can't get it done against The Spartans (defensive based) soldiers whom almost all of those 50 SSS S.E.A.L.s have ready studied from and learned from The Spartans militarily and what they did right and wrong as warriors.

IMO 10:1 would be a closer battle. As is IMO The S.E.A.L.s take this losing 50% of their #'s. And they would be too much for The Spartans to handle. Yes but in the 300 movie(if we go by comic-standards) each one of the Spartans were closest to peak-human( think Bruce Wayne). And I would put the Spartans as better fighters here than the Seals. The Seals are accustumed to using firearms(not melee). This the Spartans territory and they'll take it.

DestinyGuy678
spartans go down, althoug hback then they were great soldiers by todays standards and levels of training I would say they would pale in comparison

Crease
Originally posted by Decimus
1 Cap would have a good chance at soloing them.

Right...this is the same Cap who could only take out a dozen S.H.I.E.L.D. agents before having to leap thru a window to avoid capture in Civil War #1?

Cap normaly only fights with his shield, correct? If so, since he hasn't exactly been fighting against this style opponent his entire life, he'd be lucky to kill 20 to 30 on his own before going down. Depending on the terrain.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Crease
Right...this is the same Cap who could only take out a dozen S.H.I.E.L.D. agents before having to leap thru a window to avoid capture in Civil War #1?

Cap normaly only fights with his shield, correct? If so, since he hasn't exactly been fighting against this style opponent his entire life, he'd be lucky to kill 20 to 30 on his own before going down. Depending on the terrain. Captain America couldn't win but he could kill more than these 50 Seals would IMO. The Spartans use a battle-formation called the "Phalanx". This means they're in formation. All Cap would have to do uis throw his shield and it would spell: "Decapicitation" for many. The vibranium-Steel hybrid alloy would rip[ through anything in it's path(flesh and bronze-metal) in this fight if thrown hard enough and it would return to Cap. Now if the 301 Spartans charge Cap he could kill a few dozen but would eventually be overwhelmed. However he would NOT tire due to his SSS serum.

DestinyGuy678
the 300 were intelligent warriors of their time, today sch formation would be easily crushed, , the movies glorify them they are good but today a spartan is probably not as strong or as fast as todays soldiers

todays soldiers weight train and preform exercises and noe various forms of martial arts to kill

spartans while well trained would be taken down easily in todays times

Crease
"Captain America couldn't win but he could kill more than these 50 Seals would IMO. The Spartans use a battle-formation called the "Phalanx". This means they're in formation. All Cap would have to do uis throw his shield and it would spell: "Decapitation" for many. The vibranium-Steel hybrid alloy would rip[ through anything in it's path(flesh and bronze-metal) in this fight if thrown hard enough and it would return to Cap. Now if the 301 Spartans charge Cap he could kill a few dozen but would eventually be overwhelmed. However he would NOT tire due to his SSS serum."

Agreed on all counts.

"the 300 were intelligent warriors of their time, today sch formation would be easily crushed, , the movies glorify them they are good but today a spartan is probably not as strong or as fast as today's soldiers

today's soldiers weight train and preform exercises and noe various forms of martial arts to kill

spartans while well trained would be taken down easily in today's times"

Real life Spartan warriors might be taken down easily by the average soldier today but the movie Spartans did crunches, pull-ups and chin-ups in their sleep. Knuckling with no weapons, they'd hold their own pretty well against today's elite.

Sado22
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!! mad

Xplosive
How can anyone say that 1 Navy seal is more skilled than a warrior Spartan from in 300 movie?
They were battling their whole life (only physically gifted were chosen to become warriors). Skilled, peak human pretty much all of them.
In close combat, 1 Navy seal is not more skilled or as dangerous as how Spartan was portrayed in a 300 movie (why, because we are in the present, ahead of them in time). Because we are talking of them from the movie.

I doubt that the real Spartan were as close dangerous as those in the movie (and do you forget that Leonidas defeated that monster, superhumanly strong and durable in a battle 1 on 1).

300 from the movie crushes 50 Navy Seals.

basilisk
Originally posted by Xplosive

I doubt that the real Spartan were as close dangerous as those in the movie (and do you forget that Leonidas defeated that monster, superhumanly strong and durable in a battle 1 on 1).

300 from the movie crushes 50 Navy Seals.

Yeah if we are talking movie Spartans vs real-life type Navy Seals I think the Spartans would win even with the SSS involved. The Spartans in the movie basically were like guys on the SSS - as with many action movies it was all intended to require a bit of the suspension of disbelief.

Now if it were your typical Hollywood action movie Navy Seals it might be a lot more even, but with the 6:1 advantage Seals without firearms are always going to be at a disadvantage.

Darth Martin
300 win this fight everytime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.