"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
Anyone noticed that Han calls Jabba a human being? This is obviously because Jabba was originally being played by a human, but you'd think they'd somehow change the line or cut it out.

theEviljedi
That always bothered me too.They should have edited the human part so he would say being.

Darth Daft
Yeah I agree. I just watched it now actually, but I realised that in some ways it sounds like Han is just calling Jabba a human being kind of as a joke. Perhaps that's why they left it in there: coz it sounds like Han is saying it deliberately.

darth stu
go back and watch your ANH video (specifically, the GL interview at the beginning). GL says that they had an actor stand in and read the lines (like he always does), and that they were going to go back later and replace the actor with a creature.

so i think that he was just being sarcastic. i don't think that GL ever had a human jabba in mind. early conceptual drawings of jabba even look a little hairy like chewie.

Darth Daft
Yeah, I guess that solves the mystery of the human Jabba. Is it worth continuing? This is kind of already wrapped up. I know I can't think of much more to say on the subject. Anyone else got there own views on this topic that they'd like to point out?

yerssot
Just a joke, like the ETs in the Senate
(couldn't resist myself)

ToMacco
What?

When was that line ever said in the movies? confused

Ushgarak
Which line, To? Surely you don't mean the 'wonderful human being' one, which is clearly in ANH.

Julie
I agree with the sarcastic line.....Jabba's far from wonderful and far from human

yerssot
it's inserted in the special edition of ANH, judging at To's responce he doesn't have those...

We are talking about the inserted scene with Han and Jabba
(clearly a joke, well, for me)

Julie
What do you mean by inserted....I thought it was in the original release too.

bigsef2
if you ask me, that whole scene is shite and should be removed from ANH

Julie
Thanks for making your opinion clear, but did it have to be quite so crystal clear?

yerssot
no, it wasn't in the original anh,
it was inserted (that means they added it in the movie between two scenes) in the Special Edition, but they used footage shot in 1977 for that scene

Ushgarak
I liked it in ANH just fine.

yerssot
I think EVERYONE liked ANH (well, that scene) better then in the SE!!!

Julie
The SE were ok but some of the changes were unnecessary.....I kinda liked the Ewok's celebration at the end of RotJ. big grin

Yub Nub .... eee chop yub nub
Ah toe meet toe pee chee keene g'noop dock flingoh-ah.
Yahwa...moe whip yahwa.
Coatee-cha tu yub nub.
Coatee-cha tu yahma.
Coatee-cha tu glowah.
Allayloo ta nuv.
Glowah, eee chop glowah. Yawah pee chu knee foom.
Ah toot dee awe goon-da
Coatee-cha tu goo....yub nub.
Coatee-cha tu doo....Yahwa.
Coatee-cha tu too...Ya-chaa.

(somebody translate that big grin )

yerssot
that's not entirely Ewokese mind you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.