Obi Wan gaining power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fascistcrusader
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Obi Wan said to Vader "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." It seems to me he just turned into a transparent blue guy, and his only power left was that of speaking to Luke and Yoda. Am I missing something?

JediRobin23
to have eternal life is a huge power

fascistcrusader
Not really. He can't do anything but chat with people. He made it seem like a huge deal that killing him would make him infinitely more powerful, but all that happened is he could talk to people forever, and lost the ability to fight or physically assist anyone.

Spearhead
I'm guessing he can commune with the force better, or something, and to a jedi, that's power

Sesse
Maybe he didn't.

But his vanishing trick sure as hell ruined Vaders day...

General G
I would have been pretty damn annoyed.

queeq
Why? You didn't like the robe he left?

General G
He could have sold it on ebay, but then that means that there is a naked OB1 wandering around for all eternity...as far as Vader knows...

queeq
It was his robe... not his underwear. Or do you think that was in the robe as well? Hmmm... new topic I think: did Ob1 drop just his robe or ALL of his clothes?

General G
laughing out loud

That better never be made.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Obi Wan said to Vader "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." It seems to me he just turned into a transparent blue guy, and his only power left was that of speaking to Luke and Yoda. Am I missing something? the power he referred to was the ability to converse with the living from the other side.

queeq
We know that.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by queeq
We know that. well, apparently one person didnt, hence the existence of this thread.

General G
And yet was answered earlier.

queeq
Exactly. Well, it is answered. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.