Respect Solidus Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
"No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one...
Solidus. ..."

http://www.metalgearsolid.org/gallery/galleries/1.%20Metal%20Gear%20Saga/Metal%20Gear%20Solid%202/PS2%20Captures/194.jpg

"You're the spitting image of Big Boss"
(Ocelot, Torture Room, MGS2)

Solidus Snake, AKA George Sears, was President of the united States at the time of Shadow Moses (Metal Gear Solid 1) and in fact, everything that transpired there was under his plans.

President
What's more, Solidus decided on his own to send his most trusted man, Ocelot, to provoke Liquid Snake, bringing about the said ncident. As a result, he succeeded in obtaining REX and t data on the warhead. But in doing so, he ended up revealing the existence... of both REX and the Genome army -- a blunder that earned him the wrath of the Patriots. Shortly thereafter, Solidus was removed from the Presidential Office.

Solidus was the Third Brother.
Johnson:
Neither Solid nor Liquid, he was a well-balanced masterpiece that the Patriots saw fit to entrust with the Presidency.

Most people take this to mean he's got both recessive and dominant genes since Solid and Liquid only have one set of each. He's a blend of the best of both, a true clone of the Greatest Soldier of the 20th Century.

However, due to the immaturity of the cloning technique and his own special design, Solidus got the worst of the genetic breakdown. He became President in 2000 and since Les Enfants Terribles took place in 1972, he was only around 27 or so. As we all know, the legal age to be president is 35 so I consider this further proof of his advanced aging. I recall hearing he campaigned about being in his forties or fifties. I'll check on that....

Solidus as President
http://www.metalgearsolid.org/gallery/galleries/1.%20Metal%20Gear%20Saga/Metal%20Gear%20Solid%202/PS2%20Captures/159.jpg

Solidus wears an exoskeleton very different from Gray Fox's. Solidus' suit is equipped with an accelerator, allowing him to blast forward in a quick fiery manner instead of running. It has a protective covering in the collar to add protection to the face. It has artificial muscle technology to allow Solidus to be stronger and faster. Later he equips two "snake-arms" that shoot projectiles, can strangle enemies, has some sort of scanning device (when he was looking over Raiden int eh Torture Room) and can be used for simple hitting.

Solidus can deflect automatic gunfire with his forearms and the two katanas he wields.

We finally really meet Solidus here.
VPZv40MWAbk

Interesting Note:
When Solid says "Stop impersonating him!" some people are unsure of who Solid means.

But Kojima himself clears that up here.

http://www.geocities.com/muni_shinobu/mgs2/commentary3.html

Snake : "あの男の真似事はやめろ!! Stop imitating that man!!"
After looking at Solidus' face, Snake realizes that Solidus is purposefully making his appearance resemble that of Big Boss, with his hairstyle, mustache, and beard. Here Snake is telling Solidus to stop imitating Big Boss.

-----

A cool vid showing some of Solidus' feats and what he can do.
qk4tpLYGmJw

Solidus vs. 3 Metal Gear RAYS
cC80obwCW6A

I also just want to address some attacks people usually level at Solidus....

1. "He was beaten by RAIDEN lolz. He is sux!"
FYI, The Boss was beaten by Naked Snake who was a chump compared to her years of experience. Big Boss was beaten by Solid Snake who, as of Metal Gear, wasn't even as cool as Raiden. I mean, Raiden was a feared killer as a child. And Solidus taught Raiden "everything he knew." Raiden also took on at least 20 RAYS in MGS2. We learn how many RAYS there are from Snake and if you do it on Extreme, you face all of them 'cept the 3 Solidus takes on.

2. "He has to wear a suit! The others don't!!"
As I pointed out, Solidus is a very old man by the time of MGS2. Most people I know agree he looks in his late 40s or early 50s. Solidus is going through an extreme aging process with his cells deteriorating. I can understand him using the suit. (FYI, Big Boss uses cybernetics iN MGS)

That's about it for now. Feel free to add what you want.

Snafu the Great
Big Boss/Naked Snaked lost his right eye during the Torture Event in Snake Eater, while Solidus lost his left eye during his first battle with Raiden on the Shell Connecting Bridge.

That and his intro was badass. I wonder if he and Bison shop at the same cape store.

Sol Valentine
Solidus!!!!

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Big Boss/Naked Snaked lost his right eye during the Torture Event in Snake Eater, while Solidus lost his left eye during his first battle with Raiden on the Shell Connecting Bridge.

That and his intro was badass. I wonder if he and Bison shop at the same cape store.

Imagine how much it costs.

Neo Darkhalen
I like those tentacles, but during the last fight I never understood why he got rid of them, he got allot easier without them.

Shin_Nikkolas
He got faster without them. Before he could do one, maybe two speedbursts with his accelerator but when he lets them off his suit, he can do tons of the bursts in rapid succession.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, Solidus is cool. He was awesome to fight, my fave boss fight in MGS2.

Neo Darkhalen
I know he gets faster, but he gets so much easier and if you think he is harder, well you should not be playing MGS games.

grey fox
How strong does the suit make Solidus when it bulks up ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.