Naruto Rise of the Ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
I began trying the game a couple days ago, and thought that I would be stuck with another Uzamaki Chronicles, but I was mistaken.
The game is semi open ended, allowing you to go wherever you want to, but is still somewhat linear.

I have not had this much fun with an action adventure RPG since the SNES days. The concept of this game is simple, but sometimes complex ideas make for dull games. I'd give this game a solid 9/10.

The fighting system is crisp and the combo chains are amazing, if you time them right you can set up a 20 hit barrage leaving most opponents with little to no health left.

There is an arcade mode that you can use other characters like Rock Lee, or Sasuke to fight with, and they all have their own moves, strengths and weaknesses. It's a game worth buying.

Blax_Hydralisk
Meh, this game looked appealing but the fact that this is based off of the dub, meaning it only has like 8 characters and only goes up to the CHuunin exam arc puts me off.

I heard Naruto doesn't even have Rasengan. WTF.

SaTsuJiN
well.. the game interested me up until the point where it seems to suffer from "ultimate ninja" plague.. meaning the jutsu's are just some more user-activated cutscenes that take you into yet even more minigames

I was hoping to be able to have it work like this :

Perform hand seal > do jutsu in real time

when instead it works like this :

Perform hand seal > jutsu cutscene starts

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, I think that major attacks (64 Palms, Chidori, Rasengan, etc.) should be cutscenes.

However I agree that most of them should be real time.

My perfect Naruto fighting game battle system would resembled Dragon Ball Z Budokai series.

SaTsuJiN
I'd really rather they be real time.. so it takes skill to use

I just find auto-pilot very boring...

I still am quite curious about this game however.. as I <3 fighting games

Blax_Hydralisk
My friend has beaten it completely because an ass erm

He says it's fun but it can get repetitive at times. Rock Lee is supposedly a cheap/high tier and it's really easy to spam special attacks.

shin_gear
Naruto would get owned by Goku. 13

Blax_Hydralisk
Naruto alone would solo the entire Anime multiverse.

shin_gear
No.

SaTsuJiN
Itachi can crush multiple parallel universes just by staring... and then do it for years on end just to make you realise only a few seconds went by... then he does it again.. and quite possibly, again.. >_>

so has any fighting game fan here played this game?

I'm going into fighting game withdrawals.. ; ;

SaTsuJiN
A few fights :

PuuM8VkZijU

Hidden Lotus
i think im gona buy this when i get my 360 on the weekend woot

Kento
This game is pretty cool. Better than I actually expected it to be. I do like the way the jutsu's are used so that you have to move the analog sticks in a certain direction then charge up the chakra.

Mr.Biscuits
I heard the game is only fun for the first hour or so...

Definitely a rental...

Hidden Lotus
still. need. to. get. this........

GEEKiN
i want this game

Hidden Lotus
bought it...
it was great! eek!
the story mode has some corny missions, but graphics are killer and so is gameplay....
especially at the last boss stage
it pwned cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.