Favourite PSX game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rhinoceros
What's your favourite PSX1 game?

Mine: Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus

Does anyone of you remember these damn fine games for PSX/PC? The original Oddysee is still my favorite game and I like to play it from time to time. I still remember how it felt when I first played the demo on my PSX over 10 years ago. Thinking about it makes me very nostalgic and makes me want to play it again and again.

I understand some of the members here never played it, because of their age or that they don't prefer such games, but it's at least worth of a try.

I was bit disappointed with Exoddus, and I never finished it, although it was very good. I think it's time I'll do that. Sadly I never got to try out Munch's Oddysee or Stranger's wrath, as I'm not keen on buying a PS2/X-Box.

I also like Disney's Action Hercules (I dunno, it's just so good and Greek mythology has always been interesting)
and The lost world (A freaking Jurassic Park game with playable dinosaurs, it was damn hard too!)

Sorry if this thread has already been made, but I'd like to hear some opinions on the classic gaming console as this board seems to be filled with chatter about the new consoles and their games smile

CaptainStoic
Final Fantasy 7 gets the vote as my favorite PS1 game. There was no other game that I can think of that made me take off of work for. I also enjoyed X-Com UFO Defense.

Neo Darkhalen
To many to say, I cant choose.

grey fox
Final Fantasy 9, the last true masterpiece for the PSX

ragesRemorse
Abe's exodus is a great choice. I would have to acknowledge that as one of the funnest PS1 experiences i had. I would also mention

silent hill
tomb raider 2
crash bandicoot
One
Einhander
FF7

and of course the greatest PS1 title for me...,Intelligence cube. That game was incredible

Barker
Originally posted by grey fox
Final Fantasy 9, the last true masterpiece for the PSX
I heart you. 131wank

But I also liked Ape Escape and the three Spyro games.

ESB -1138
I hate to say it (since so many fanboys that overrated this game so much and made it to the point where I'm actually starting to hate it) but Final Fantasy 7.

BackFire
Can't pick just one -- It would be between FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 2.

MadMel
FF7
FF8
Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus
metal gear solid

shin_gear
Anything related to Playstation is ghey, so I'm reporting this...............

grey fox
Originally posted by BackFire
Can't pick just one -- It would be between FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil 2.

Sorry but MGS is meh on Px , as soon as Twin Snakes came out it rail-roaded the clumpy mess of bad graphics and over-exaggerated voice acting that was it's 'twin' (Irony ! )

Rhinoceros
Classics like GTA 1-2, Team Buddies deserver some attention too.
I think most like the Crash series, Spyro series, Tomb Raider series, Tekken series and Resident Evil series, but do you guys have any maybe little less known favourite games?

I never really got into FFs or MGS, but I recon they're good.

Originally posted by shin_gear
Anything related to Playstation is ghey, so I'm reporting this...............

GTFO then.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
GTFO then. Make me btch kthxbai.

Kumar
FFVII - IX were great. So was Megaman X4 and 5. Other than that, i didn't play a whole lot of PS1 games.

BackFire
Originally posted by grey fox
Sorry but MGS is meh on Px , as soon as Twin Snakes came out it rail-roaded the clumpy mess of bad graphics and over-exaggerated voice acting that was it's 'twin' (Irony ! )

I disagree, for it's time, and even now, the original MGS stands as one of the best titles for the system. Of course, it's unfair and illogical to make a comparison between a game and it's remake that happened nearly a decade later. The original game had graphics just as good as any PS1 game, of course a game on the GCUBE would look and sound better.

Lana
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete.

Probably one of my favorite games I have ever played, period, and sadly it's one that so few people have ever heard of.

MadMel
ive heard of it, but never played erm

((The_Anomaly))
Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2.

grey fox
Also liked Psychic force a hella lot.

I haven't actually played RE2, I may though.....i'll just have to move my Wii upstairs and my ps2 downstairs...

((The_Anomaly))
RE2 is amazing, still my favorite RE game, even over 4.

ragesRemorse
i forgot about ps1's best title. Castlevania symphony of the night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.