Surfer's best showings under his own power vs. Thanos's Best showings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Who has the better showings? And I'm talking Thanos against anyone other than surfer. Also no prep, tech or forcefields for Thanos. Which of these two has the natural best showings?

psycho gundam
infinity war: thanos takes on hulk, drax, and like 2 or 3 other strong characters and manhandles them flawlessly.(almost pulls the head bang move on hulk and.....i think drax...not sure off hand)

battled thor and thing back in the old days and owned them.

infinity war he fought his exact clone(just minus his personality) and after killing it, transmuted it and ingested it(as a butterfly) and added its might to his own.

um oh yeah ... he defeated the surfer during the infinity gauntlet story when after being stripped of the power object, he and the surfer could not co-exist, so to remedy this, doctor strange made it so that the two could fight in a realm where their powers did not work and only fighting prowess was allowed. the surfer was winning near the end, but thanos was too cunning and turned defeat into victory. with powers it would be a different fight but the same outcome.

Bransolute
Odin one-shotted Surfer, Thanos took way more punishment without going down.
Surfer can't affect Galactus... Thanos knocked him halfway across the planet with a blast.
Surfer was put under Warlock's mercy once... Thanos almost killed Warlock with one shot.
Tyrant easily took out Surfer, and others... Thanos stood up to Tyrant.
Surfer took Huc out in a couple blasts... A "low level Thanos clone" one-shotted Huc.
Surfer has trouble with Thor... Thanos took out both Thor, and Thing easily.

Etc. smile

psycho gundam
sorry about the last event but i could not resist the evidence wink

psycho gundam
wait a sec surfer doesn't have too many fight scenes that dont include beams and powers. if you allow those, then thanos kinda one shotted galactus out of his own *oddamn ship + he knocked his hat off.

Ouallada
Prep showings aside, I think Surfer's best feat was channeling the energies of the crunch to defeat T & A. Thanos' best without prep would probably when he made the universe scream.

fatgogeta
As much as it pains me to say it, Thanos has been pretty conclusively established to be the Silver Surfer's superior.

Shin_Nikkolas
That's just a fact of life, really. It's not even in question.

fatgogeta
Exactly. Like how George Bush is president. There is just no way around the stark reality of it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Bransolute
Surfer can't affect Galactus... Thanos knocked him halfway across the planet with a blast.
Surfer was put under Warlock's mercy once... Thanos almost killed Warlock with one shot.
Surfer took Huc out in a couple blasts... A "low level Thanos clone" one-shotted Huc.

Etc. smile

Bran > Nvr?

Wouldn't be the first time.

King Kandy

Etc. smile
Wow.

This thread sure backfired on Nvr.

quanchi112
Why does nver try at every turn to make Thanos look bad. Is it hmmm becuz he like Darkseid? I think so. Nver you failed again. Thanos knocks the guy who gave norrin his powers on his ass. Thanos>Silver Surfer/ everyone knows this.

King Kandy
Yeah.

Nvr intended this to be spite, and it was. But in the wrong characters favor.

Shin_Nikkolas
I'll also throw in how WM Thor w/Power Gem owned Surfer, Strange and the Infinity Watch and Thanos took him on solo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
I'll also throw in how WM Thor w/Power Gem owned Surfer, Strange and the Infinity Watch and Thanos took him on solo. Indeed.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Etc. smile

Thanos taking Odin's Punishment isn't exactly a feat of power.
Surfer can't affect Galactus, and yet it was surfer's power that defeated the two beings that Beat galactus down.
Thanos was also turned into stone by worlock.
Thanos stood up to tyrant with a plan and an energy orb.
Surfer Drained Hulk of his energy as if it were child's play.
Surfer has trouble with Thor and yet pwns The unibody.

Ect.

Nice try.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah.

Nvr intended this to be spite, and it was. But in the wrong characters favor.

try again. I proved my point in a response to bran.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer can't affect Galactus, and yet it was surfer's power that defeated the two beings that Beat galactus down.

Ect.

Nice try. Thanos always beat the surfer. This thread fails becuz you dont have one win over Thanos here with norrin. Thanos wins.

quanchi112
try again. I proved my point in a response to bran. Thanos always beats Surfer. This thread fails.

Kurash
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos always beats Surfer. This thread fails.

thats not the point of the thread

Hazsekswthurmom
Thanos always beats Surfer. This thread fails. It's funny how you tell him he fails, when he pwned your ass in that match you had. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kurash
thats not the point of the thread
Exactly.

Bransolute

Ect.

Nice try. It's a feat of durability. Plus, he also managed to stumble Odin, and went through a continuous wave of energy.

Surfer was right beside the Crunch's energies. That's like bringing up Thanos bringing out his gun to defeat WM Thor (which he simulated the effect later on Odin).

That was before his death, and power up. He later disproved this. smile
Surfer also never fought the plot Warlock that turned Thanos to stone. smile

And later implied he took the power for himself to inject into his body. smile

I'm talking about raw power in the blasts. And since Surfer would never be able to drain Thanos... the relevancy is?

And the main point is... Surfer has trouble with Thor. Someone who Thanos fought, and pwned. smile

I'm comparing guys that they both fought. smile
Ie, comparing power levels against the same guys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
It's funny how you tell him he fails, when he pwned your ass in that match you had. laughing No he didnt. He sais its pis when it isnt. It has been proven now by Darkseid that I was right all along and that Superman can beat his ass and that it isnt piss.

Bransolute
try again. I proved my point in a response to bran. I like how you display your cocky attitude, by talking too soon for me to respond. smile

Funny.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's a feat of durability. Plus, he also managed to stumble Odin, and went through a continuous wave of energy.

Surfer was right beside the Crunch's energies. That's like bringing up Thanos bringing out his gun to defeat WM Thor (which he simulated the effect later on Odin).

That was before his death, and power up. He later disproved this. smile
Surfer also never fought the plot Warlock that turned Thanos to stone. smile

And later implied he took the power for himself to inject into his body. smile

I'm talking about raw power in the blasts. And since Surfer would never be able to drain Thanos... the relevancy is?

And the main point is... Surfer has trouble with Thor. Someone who Thanos fought, and pwned. smile

I'm comparing guys that they both fought. smile
Ie, comparing power levels against the same guys.

And idiots who dont' know how to look at the actual point of the thread would see you as actually doing something. You are doing exactly what I said not to do. And fools fall for it. I'm much to intelligent. The point isn't to compare surfer to Thanos. The point is to compare Surfer outside of Thanos to Thanos outside of the surfer. You fail. And your round about way isn't working. Save that shit for retards who's i.q's closely resemble the number 80.

quanchi112
thats not the point of the thread Well then who has Surfer beaten under his own power that could put him on the same level as Thanos. Make your case.

quanchi112
And idiots who dont' know how to look at the actual point of the thread would see you as actually doing something. You are doing exactly what I said not to do. And fools fall for it. I'm much to intelligent. The point isn't to compare surfer to Thanos. The point is to compare Surfer outside of Thanos to Thanos outside of the surfer. You fail. And your round about way isn't working. Save that shit for retards who's i.q's closely resemble the number 80. Quit insulting all the time. It gets old quickly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No he didnt. He sais its pis when it isnt. It has been proven now by Darkseid that I was right all along and that Superman can beat his ass and that it isnt piss.

Quan, I dismanted your ever argument. You were so intent on invalidating DS, your ass didn't get around to proving much in the way of thanos. Some character advocate you are.

Kurash
Well then who has Surfer beaten under his own power that could put him on the same level as Thanos. Make your case.

did i say that surfer was stronger than thanos of even imply it? Nope. I simply said the point of this thread is to compare feats of the two characters without directly comparing the two.

"im sorry kurash, youre right, I was wrong to try and strike out at you." - Quanchi

Its ok quanchi

Hazsekswthurmom
No he didnt. He sais its pis when it isnt. It has been proven now by Darkseid that I was right all along and that Superman can beat his ass and that it isnt piss. You, lost get over it. And Ds said "Superman's strength rivals my own", which means his strength comes near(not above or even equal to) Seid's. Just because Supes is close to him in strength doesn't mean him beating Seid is a good example. Plus you haven't proven if Thanos is tough as Supes physically.....

quanchi112
Quan, I dismanted your ever argument. You were so intent on invalidating DS, your ass didn't get around to proving much in the way of thanos. Some character advocate you are. I mean nver dont. Ok I have been around to two other forums. Both treat Darkseid like some common reject who gets his ass beaten by Superman and someone who falls down steps. I actually had to defend him. And guess what my argument didnt change and i gave darkseid the respect i feel he deserves. Someone actually implied i was a darkseid fanboy becuz i was sticking up for him. I like arguing things on here where Im the underdog. On another forum you would have been blown away. But thats fine. I respected the judges decisions but i told you just becuz you got the two judges doesnt mean you won the argument.

quanchi112
You, lost get over it. And Ds said "Superman's strength rivals my own", which means his strength comes near(not above or even equal to) Seid's. Just because Supes is close to him in strength doesn't mean him beating Seid is a good example. Plus you haven't proven if Thanos is tough as Supes physically..... What? I mean are you serious. Who has beaten Thanos that Superman could beat? Name names here buddy.

quanchi112
did i say that surfer was stronger than thanos of even imply it? Nope. I simply said the point of this thread is to compare feats of the two characters without directly comparing the two.

"im sorry kurash, youre right, I was wrong to try and strike out at you." - Quanchi

Its ok quanchi No please tell me you arent fooled by nver. The point of this is to say that surfer fights like an idiot against Thanos. And that if he fought like he does against other opponents against Thanos that he should technically win. This was apparent to me from the beginning.

Hazsekswthurmom
What? I mean are you serious. Who has beaten Thanos that Superman could beat? Name names here buddy. Here's a better question, what has Thanos done that makes him PHYSICALLY equal to Supes? Not as durable or as powerful all around.

Kurash
No please tell me you arent fooled by nver. The point of this is to say that surfer fights like an idiot against Thanos. And that if he fought like he does against other opponents against Thanos that he should technically win. This was apparent to me from the beginning.

yes im well aware of what hes doing, im just saying well are all aware of thanos beatin the hell out of surfer whenever he wants, but nvr is wanting to compare feats of the two characters, so saying "thanos beats surfer" doesnt prove anything in accordance to this thread

quanchi112
Here's a better question, what has Thanos done that makes him PHYSICALLY equal to Supes? Not as durable or as powerful all around. So you avoid my question to ask me one. Thanos owns top tiers at all times. He treats them like nothing. Again now name me some names. I grow weary of this.

quanchi112
yes im well aware of what hes doing, im just saying well are all aware of thanos beatin the hell out of surfer whenever he wants, but nvr is wanting to compare feats of the two characters, so saying "thanos beats surfer" doesnt prove anything in accordance to this thread Thanos defeatd and hurt the maker physically. He pwned the fallen one a powerful herald like nothing. He launched Galactus the same guy the surfer cant even scratch. He took on Odin while Surfer got oneshotted. Tyrant crushed Surfer while Thanos hung with him for a bit.

Bransolute
And idiots who dont' know how to look at the actual point of the thread would see you as actually doing something. You are doing exactly what I said not to do. And fools fall for it. I'm much to intelligent. The point isn't to compare surfer to Thanos. The point is to compare Surfer outside of Thanos to Thanos outside of the surfer. You fail. And your round about way isn't working. Save that shit for retards who's i.q's closely resemble the number 80.

So Who has the better showings? And I'm talking Thanos against anyone other than surfer.

You win again nvr. smile

Kurash
Thanos defeatd and hurt the maker physically. He pwned the fallen one a powerful herald like nothing. He launched Galactus the same guy the surfer cant even scratch. He took on Odin while Surfer got oneshotted. Tyrant crushed Surfer while Thanos hung with him for a bit.

was that so hard? you stayed on topic and didnt reference darkseid, very good

Hazsekswthurmom
Thanos defeatd and hurt the maker physically. He pwned the fallen one a powerful herald like nothing. He launched Galactus the same guy the surfer cant even scratch. He took on Odin while Surfer got oneshotted. Tyrant crushed Surfer while Thanos hung with him for a bit. no expression Yeah and like the Maker was that strong herself. It's not like that was a much weaker mentally incompetent version of the character or anything...and the rest of those feats are not physical feats, there durability feats...you did exactly what I asked you not to do.

edit: Nevermind I responded to the wrong thing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos defeatd and hurt the maker physically. He pwned the fallen one a powerful herald like nothing. He launched Galactus the same guy the surfer cant even scratch. He took on Odin while Surfer got oneshotted. Tyrant crushed Surfer while Thanos hung with him for a bit.

Surfer beat the Uni Body, and Tenebrious and Aegis.

quanchi112
no expression Yeah and like the Maker was that strong herself. It's not like that was a much weaker mentally incompetent version of the character or anything...and the rest of those feats are not physical feats, there durability feats...you did exactly what I asked you not to do. Maker was a being who had seemingly infinite power. Who else hurt her physically. Thanos attacked her mind but before that blasted the shit out of her which no one else was able to do.

quanchi112
Surfer beat the Uni Body, and Tenebrious and Aegis. Ok and he lost to Thor and Odin whom Thanos fared better against. Dont forget Tyrant to. I love it when Thanos does beter against common foes. Seems to happen all the time.

Bransolute
I like how nvr brings up all of Surfer's high showings just in this thread (but ignores them in all others), and won't allow character comparisons of the same people who they fought.

So horrible of logic, it's hilarious. smile

quanchi112
I like how nvr brings up all of Surfer's high showings just in this thread (but ignores them in all others), and won't allow character comparisons of the same people who they fought.

So horrible of logic, it's hilarious. smile It is so obvious its quite laughing .

Evolve
Surfer beat the Uni Body, and Tenebrious and Aegis.

Both using outside power ups

nvrbeenwthagirl

So horrible of logic, it's hilarious. smile

LOL as if people don't do that to Thanos all of the time and just leave out shit like tech shields, prep, outside powerups, ect. And jobbering opponents worst of all. I find your logic not hillarious. slightly Amusing at best.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evolve
Both using outside power ups

Um, Surfer channeled the crunch energies. What power up did he use to be able to channel and control that much energy?

quanchi112
Both using outside power ups Shhhh nver didnt read the stories.

quanchi112
LOL as if people don't do that to Thanos all of the time and just leave out shit like tech shields, prep, outside powerups, ect. And jobbering opponents worst of all. I find your logic not hillarious. slightly Amusing at best. Thanos doesnt have many low showings? Name me some since your so well informed about him all of a sudden.

Evolve
Um, Surfer channeled the crunch energies. What power up did he use to be able to channel and control that much energy?

The point being the big crunch was holding Aegis and Tenebrous in the Kyln prison for untold eons. - for whatever reason. Who knows if those energies react with those proemial gods differently than it does with SS. Don't be so quick to assume Surfer manipulated the entirety of the crunch like he could do anything with it. Also, its not a power that he conjures up on his own, obviously.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The point being the big crunch energies trapped Aegis and Tenebrous in the first place, in the Kyln prison for eons. - for whatever reason. Who knows if those energies react with those proemial gods differently than it does with SS. Don't be so quick to assume Surfer manipulated the entirety of the crunch like he could do anything with it. Also, its not a power that he conjures up on his own, obviously.

Then we know surfer cannot replicate every wavelength of energy. i will use this info in discussing superman battles. Thanks. As i said, he manipulated such energy, that even galactus was impressed.

psycho gundam
thanos>silver surfer *rings triangle* "moderator, come and get it"!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos>silver surfer *rings triangle* "moderator, come and get it"!

Are you at all paying attention to the thread?

psycho gundam
what do you want?

quanchi112
Then we know surfer cannot replicate every wavelength of energy. i will use this info in discussing superman battles. Thanks. As i said, he manipulated such energy, that even galactus was impressed. It was a story element that Surfer used to his advantage. He wont be using the crunch in every battle now. I mean be fair here. Thanos has more impressive showings under his own power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It was a story element that Surfer used to his advantage. He wont be using the crunch in every battle now. I mean be fair here. Thanos has more impressive showings under his own power.

Like pimp smacking thor?

KK the Great
Then we know surfer cannot replicate every wavelength of energy. i will use this info in discussing superman battles. Thanks. As i said, he manipulated such energy, that even galactus was impressed.

You're having an unfashionably difficult time understanding the difference between a wavelength and...not a wavelength, huh?

Evolve

Galactus was impressed. I really think he could of done the same thing, and that much more faster & efficient. But hey, Big G likes to butter up Surf, sometimes laughing

And were really not sure of the properties of the big crunch to call it a wavelength or anything yet, I don't think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by KK the Great
You're having an unfashionably difficult time understanding the difference between a wavelength and...not a wavelength, huh?

And you are having a difficult time understanding that all ****ing energy are wavelenths. Since Surfer cannot replicate the crunch energies as stated, then he cannot replicate energies from different dimensions.

KK the Great
And you are having a difficult time understanding that all ****ing energy are wavelenths. Since Surfer cannot replicate the crunch energies as stated, then he cannot replicate energies from different dimensions.

The crunch isn't a type of energy. The crunch is the expanding edge of the universe. It's a matter of sheer scope.

I realize that you probably had a recent freshmen physical science class where you learned that all matter is energy, but I really think you're biting off more than you can chew in this department. Just earlier you were talking about "coating himself in the wavelength of Drax's body."

nvrbeenwthagirl
The crunch isn't a type of energy. The crunch is the expanding edge of the universe. It's a matter of sheer scope.

I realize that you probably had a recent freshmen physical science class where you learned that all matter is energy, but I really think you're biting off more than you can chew in this department. Just earlier you were talking about "coating himself in the wavelength of Drax's body."

You obviously didn't understand the point. You instead try to use your failed third grade science to make a point. Surfer channeled the ENERGIES of the crunch. As for the drax comment, unless you understand the context of what I was saying, then you'd probably lash out in a fit as you are doing, for that is what the inept do when trying to rationalize against a superior Thought process.

quanchi112

I realize that you probably had a recent freshmen physical science class where you learned that all matter is energy, but I really think you're biting off more than you can chew in this department. Just earlier you were talking about "coating himself in the wavelength of Drax's body." laughing

KK the Great
You obviously didn't understand the point. You instead try to use your failed third grade science to make a point. Surfer channeled the ENERGIES of the crunch.

Again, the thing that is impressive about the energy of the crunch is the sheer massive scope of it. It represents a massive *amount* of energy.

And it makes for one mind-numbingly bad argument that the Silver Surfer would have trouble producing a simple frequency in the EM spectrum.

Don't make me laugh, sport. There's no context in which that abortion of logic you were spouting would ever make sense to someone with the normal number of chromosomes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again, the thing that is impressive about the energy of the crunch is the sheer massive scope of it. It represents a massive *amount* of energy.

And it makes for one mind-numbingly bad argument that the Silver Surfer would have trouble producing a simple frequency in the EM spectrum.

Don't make me laugh, sport. There's no context in which that abortion of logic you were spouting would ever make sense to someone with the normal number of chromosomes.
As if your direct line of insults can mask your ineptness at actually countering my point. All matter is energy. Surfer can convert them interchangably. If Drax is the kryptonite to Thanos, and Surfer can just scan for weakness, as people suggest he will do to superman, then surely he can convert himself into the matter or wavelength of energy that it took to bypass thanos's defenses. Now is that so hard to understand? Probably for you. So busy being an *******, that you aren't actually reading what I'm typing.

tkitna
The Surfer using the Crunch to beat Tenebrious and Aegis would be a direct comparison as Thanos using the Infinity Gems to practically own the entire Marvel Universe.

Oh, Thanos wins that comparison also.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tkitna
The Surfer using the Crunch to beat Tenebrious and Aegis would be a direct comparison as Thanos using the Infinity Gems to practically own the entire Marvel Universe.

Oh, Thanos wins that comparison also.

NO. Thanos didnt' channel the energies of the IG with his own power. Nuff said.

Bouboumaster
Your thread sucks.

It's like comparing the feat of Galactus vs the feats of Thanos:

Galactus beat the ass of Thanos, but Thanos take Marvel Universe completly one time, and nearly two other time...

KK the Great
As if your direct line of insults can mask your ineptness at actually countering my point. All matter is energy.

There it is!

Did I predict this two posts ago or did I predict this two posts ago?

There's nothing more dangerous than a guy who knows just enough to think he knows what he's talking about, but not quite enough to realize how clueless he truly is.

Where did you get the idea that Drax is the Kryptonite to Thanos?

nvrbeenwthagirl
There it is!

Did I predict this two posts ago or did I predict this two posts ago?

There's nothing more dangerous than a guy who knows just enough to think he knows what he's talking about, but not quite enough to realize how clueless he truly is.

So basically, you dont' know what the **** you are talking about. I'm so glad you managed to pwn yourself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Your thread sucks.

Galactus beat the ass of Thanos, but Thanos take Marvel Universe completly one time, and nearly two other time...

Um Thanos has done such with outside power ups and prep. nuff said. Those aren't feats under his own power.

Battlehammer

really and why is that? I mean is thanos power that allows him to take so much punishment from odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Battlehammer
really and why is that? I mean is thanos power that allows him to take so much punishment from odin.

I'd call that a feat of Durability. The classic juggernaut could take the same kind of punishment. But we know he isn't more poweful than Thor or Surfer. just more durable.

Battlehammer
I'd call that a feat of Durability. The classic juggernaut could take the same kind of punishment. But we know he isn't more poweful than Thor or Surfer. just more durable.

durability is part of his power.

to ignore it is rediculous.

really when has juggernaut done the same thing? never actaully.

Like I said before it still part of his overall power.

your thread said over all power. Not offensive power.

you should fallow the rules of your own thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
durability is part of his power.

to ignore it is rediculous.

really when has juggernaut done the same thing? never actaully.

Like I said before it still part of his overall power.

your thread said over all power. Not offensive power.

you should fallow the rules of your own thread.
Since when does durability count as power? In DC, there was a guy who was completely indestructible. But was only human other wise. Is he there for >>>Thanos becuz he couldn't be hurt or killed at all?

quanchi112
Your thread sucks.

Galactus beat the ass of Thanos, but Thanos take Marvel Universe completly one time, and nearly two other time... This thread does indeed fail.

Battlehammer
Since when does durability count as power? In DC, there was a guy who was completely indestructible. But was only human other wise. Is he there for >>>Thanos becuz he couldn't be hurt or killed at all?

durability has allways been apart of power.

becuases some one has superior durability to another person it does not make them more powerful however it does add to there powerlevel.

you seem to think power level comes from simply offensive area's when in fact it comes from both offense and defense.

for example. spiderman is stronger then Logan and yet Logan has superior power due to healing factor which is a defensive abiltiy.

quanchi112

becuases some one has superior durability to another person it does not make them more powerful however it does add to there powerlevel.

you seem to think power level comes from simply offensive area's when in fact it comes from both offense and defense.

for example. spiderman is stronger then Logan and yet Logan has superior power due to healing factor which is a defensive abiltiy. thumb up

nvrbeenwthagirl

for example. spiderman is stronger then Logan and yet Logan has superior power due to healing factor which is a defensive abiltiy.

Nah. Storm is far more poweful than Logan, and yet he is superior to her in durability. the argument works both ways. durablity is not itself indicative of power lvl.

quanchi112
Nah. Storm is far more poweful than Logan, and yet he is superior to her in durability. the argument works both ways. durablity is not itself indicative of power lvl. You cant rule out ones level of durability when discussing someones overall powers.

Battlehammer
Nah. Storm is far more poweful than Logan, and yet he is superior to her in durability. the argument works both ways. durablity is not itself indicative of power lvl.

are you an idiot? Im not saying it does. I am saying it adds to overall power level.

which part of that did you not understand?

defensive powers and offensive combind give a person powerlevel.

good god im not sure I can make it any simplier for you

tkitna
NO. Thanos didnt' channel the energies of the IG with his own power. Nuff said.

It wasnt his own will that channelled the power of the gems? Whats the difference?

Let me try to understand your logic. It would have been an ok comparison if Thanos actually controlled the gems through his cosmic blasts and not just his mind. That way it would be like Surfer willing his own cosmic power to channel another power source to help him with his battle with Tenebrious and Aegis.

My God does this thread fail.

Nuff said.

nvrbeenwthagirl
are you an idiot? Im not saying it does. I am saying it adds to overall power level.

which part of that did you not understand?

defensive powers and offensive combind give a person powerlevel.

good god im not sure I can make it any simplier for you

Your point wasn't what I was talking about. I'm talking about power lvls in terms of feats. Durability in itself is only a small part of a feat. It certainly doesn't indicate one's true power over all. Which is why the Odin feat isn't that impressive. Becuz Thanos never had a chance. And if durability adds to a persons' powerlvl as much as you are saying then exactly how powerful is say, Dr. Strange?

Bouboumaster
So basically, you dont' know what the **** you are talking about. I'm so glad you managed to pwn yourself.

It's a proof of he's cunning and intelligence. Th fact that he blown the shit out Thor with friggin' eyesbeam while Thor defeated SS isn't good enough?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tkitna
It wasnt his own will that channelled the power of the gems? Whats the difference?

Let me try to understand your logic. It would have been an ok comparison if Thanos actually controlled the gems through his cosmic blasts and not just his mind. That way it would be like Surfer willing his own cosmic power to channel another power source to help him with his battle with Tenebrious and Aegis.

My God does this thread fail.

Nuff said.

Any nimwit can control the IG. Or dont' you remember nebula? nuff said.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's a proof of he's cunning and intelligence. Th fact that he blown the shit out Thor with friggin' eyesbeam while Thor defeated SS isn't good enough? Um the point was, he didn't even know that drax is thanos kryptonite, and yet he's trying to argue.

quanchi112
Your point wasn't what I was talking about. I'm talking about power lvls in terms of feats. Durability in itself is only a small part of a feat. It certainly doesn't indicate one's true power over all. Which is why the Odin feat isn't that impressive. Becuz Thanos never had a chance. And if durability adds to a persons' powerlvl as much as you are saying then exactly how powerful is say, Dr. Strange? What in zeus name are you talking about? Sometimes I get lost in your posts and forget where I am.

Durability cannot be ignored when factoring in a characters power levels. That is the bottom line.

Battlehammer
Your point wasn't what I was talking about. I'm talking about power lvls in terms of feats. Durability in itself is only a small part of a feat. It certainly doesn't indicate one's true power over all. Which is why the Odin feat isn't that impressive. Becuz Thanos never had a chance. And if durability adds to a persons' powerlvl as much as you are saying then exactly how powerful is say, Dr. Strange?

........every aspect of power adds to ones over all power level.

No one area defines a person true power level. I mean in order for a feat to truelly show ones entire powerlevel it have to show them using each of there abilities.

Thats why in the case of people who have powers in many area's many feats are needed.

doctor strength is pritty dam durable. also durability is not the only defensive ability that helps to define ones overall powers. force fields for one, healing and so forth.

I think you missed what over all power truelly means.

I mean I can't get much clearer.

quanchi112
Any nimwit can control the IG. Or dont' you remember nebula? nuff said. Well it takes a pretty intelligent sob to defeat all the elders for each different gem. Nebula just picked up a glove she didnt go out and earn the gems. Big difference and nuff said.

KK the Great
Um the point was, he didn't even know that drax is thanos kryptonite, and yet he's trying to argue.

That explanation is a theory made by fans.

Could it be, maybe, you think, that I'm not willing to grant a fan-made theory as a canon fact?

Kurash
That explanation is a theory made by fans.

Could it be, maybe, you think, that I'm not willing to grant a fan-made theory as a canon fact?

its not fan theory

nvrbeenwthagirl
........every aspect of power adds to ones over all power level.

No one area defines a person true power level. I mean in order for a feat to truelly show ones entire powerlevel it have to show them using each of there abilities.

Thats why in the case of people who have powers in many area's many feats are needed.

doctor strength is pritty dam durable. also durability is not the only defensive ability that helps to define ones overall powers. force fields for one, healing and so forth.

I think you missed what over all power truelly means.

I mean I can't get much clearer.

You are as clear as you are going to get. And my point is durablity is not the defining mark of over all power. If it were, then Odin would be up shit's creek. Only being class 60 and all. That is the true point.

KK the Great
its not fan theory

Has it been confirmed since Annihilation? Because it certainly was just fan speculation at the time.

Battlehammer
You are as clear as you are going to get. And my point is durablity is not the defining mark of over all power. If it were, then Odin would be up shit's creek. Only being class 60 and all. That is the true point.

..............like I said I never said it was the defining mark of over all power.

stop puttign words in my mouth.

I clearly said it part of many aspect thatd defines over all power. To ignore it would be rediculous. It as as important as offensive powers and it is just as needed as any other abiltiy to define ones powers.

You can not define thanos nor silver surfer true powers, but viewing one aspect.

so please don't ignore feats your dislike. Thanos beig superior in durability to SS is a feat of power. And it one aspect he has over SS. In the end you must view all aspect to see who is truelly the most powerful.

please tell me were you get odin only being a class 60? oh and you better not say a hand book. also strength does not define durability there completely different abilties that are not always tied to one another.

Kurash
Has it been confirmed since Annihilation? Because it certainly was just fan speculation at the time.

i think it was pretty clear in annhiliation that Drax was the silver bullet to Thanos, since it was stated several times in the text

nvrbeenwthagirl
..............like I said I never said it was the defining mark of over all power.

stop puttign words in my mouth.

I clearly said it part of many aspect thatd defines over all power. To ignore it would be rediculous. It as as important as offensive powers and it is just as needed as any other abiltiy to define ones powers.

You can not define thanos nor silver surfer true powers, but viewing one aspect.

so please don't ignore feats your dislike. Thanos beig superior in durability to SS is a feat of power. And it one aspect he has over SS. In the end you must view all aspect to see who is truelly the most powerful.

please tell me were you get odin only being a class 60? oh and you better not say a hand book. also strength does not
define durability there completely different abilties that are not always tied to one another.

I don't even know how much more durable thanos really is over Surfer. Surfer took a blast from Aegis. He also handled all that power of the crunch. Serious durabililty. Plus I favor surfer much more than thanos. He is a big jobber tho. And Odin specifically mated with Geae so that his child could be his physical superior. Odin is around class 60-80.

KK the Great
i think it was pretty clear in annhiliation that Drax was the silver bullet to Thanos, since it was stated several times in the text

Tell you what.

Post the narrative blurbs that you've misinterpreted and I'll explain how they should be read.

Battlehammer
I don't even know how much more durable thanos really is over Surfer. Surfer took a blast from Aegis. He also handled all that power of the crunch. Serious durabililty. Plus I favor surfer much more than thanos. He is a big jobber tho. And Odin specifically mated with Geae so that his child could be his physical superior. Odin is around class 60-80.

I mean when comparing the two verse the same oponets thanos shows superior durabilityh.

really were was it stated that odin mated with geae so his child could be his physical suprior. also it pure speculation on your part he 60-80 tons. You have no evidence. alson odin can amp his physical abilities.

quanchi112
I don't even know how much more durable thanos really is over Surfer. Surfer took a blast from Aegis. He also handled all that power of the crunch. Serious durabililty. Plus I favor surfer much more than thanos. He is a big jobber tho. And Odin specifically mated with Geae so that his child could be his physical superior. Odin is around class 60-80. Why are you basing everything about the surfer from his fight with aegis? He got oneshotted by Odin and Tyrant also treated him like a child.

Bouboumaster
Surfer is defeated by Thor.
This is what Thanos do to Thor:
http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers40jp.jpg

Quasar (a guy on the same power lvl range that Surfer) and his shield against the infinity watch. Quasar make a dome. I see Hulk on the top of it in this scan, tryng to break it:
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quaze14fc.jpg
And on this scan, who break it? I bet you guessed right:
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quaze26cw.jpg

battle of feats? Yeah, right:
http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surf0na.jpg

Again, Thanos the Herald buster against the Fallen One.
http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen44os.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen53ye.jpg
And this is how the fight finish, some panels later. Fallen One didn't touch him. http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen83zh.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
I mean when comparing the two verse the same oponets thanos shows superior durabilityh.

really were was it stated that odin mated with geae so his child could be his physical suprior. also it pure speculation on your part he 60-80 tons. You have no evidence. alson odin can amp his physical abilities.

I haven't seen Thanos fight T and A.

Also, it is well known that Thor is the son of the Skyfather and the elder Goddess and the reason was so that he could be superior to his father and all asgardians physically. And I know Odin can amp his physical abilities. that is pretty much standard now adays.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer is defeated by Thor.
This is what Thanos do to Thor:
http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers40jp.jpg

Quasar (a guy on the same power lvl range that Surfer) and his shield against the infinity watch. Quasar make a dome. I see Hulk on the top of it in this scan, tryng to break it:
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quaze14fc.jpg
And on this scan, who break it? I bet you guessed right:
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quaze26cw.jpg

battle of feats? Yeah, right:
http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surf0na.jpg

Again, Thanos the Herald buster against the Fallen One.
http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen44os.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen53ye.jpg
And this is how the fight finish, some panels later. Fallen One didn't touch him. http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallen83zh.jpg Since when does something that is battered and pressured and finally popped by someone else count? As far as thanos vs. surfer, the thread stips says not to compare them to each other. doesn't it?

quanchi112

Also, it is well known that Thor is the son of the Skyfather and the elder Goddess and the reason was so that he could be superior to his father and all asgardians physically. And I know Odin can amp his physical abilities. that is pretty much standard now adays. Common opponents Thanos has always done much better. Thor with the power gem,Odin, and Tyrant. I mean it all adds up. Thanos is just more than the silver surfer.

Kurash
Tell you what.

Post the narrative blurbs that you've misinterpreted and I'll explain how they should be read.

since i dont have scans of the comics why dont you tell me what ive misread

nvrbeenwthagirl
Common opponents Thanos has always done much better. Thor with the power gem,Odin, and Tyrant. I mean it all adds up. Thanos is just more than the silver surfer.
HMM. Thanos is more than silver surfer, and yet, surfer, powered up the machine that was made only for thanos to power up. And to boot, Surfer was weakened still. I like to take everything into account and not just fanboy shit.

quanchi112
HMM. Thanos is more than silver surfer, and yet, surfer, powered up the machine that was made only for thanos to power up. And to boot, Surfer was weakened still. I like to take everything into account and not just fanboy shit. So lets ignore Thanos pawning the surfer directly or his better showins against shared opponents. Gotcha lets focus on him releasing Galactus. Lets also focus on the surfer defeating Aegis and Tenebrous. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
So lets ignore Thanos pawning the surfer directly or his better showins against shared opponents. Gotcha lets focus on him releasing Galactus. Lets also focus on the surfer defeating Aegis and Tenebrous. laughing

No. Focus on all of it. and the fact that surfer routinely jobbers to thanos. No other way to explain thier close proximity to power and Surfer's ability to channel such energies as the crunch.

Ouallada

To be honest, I do remember Schmidt saying something to that extent when answering questions on another board. Whether or not he is THanos' k-nite matters not, because that ability is innate and cannot likely be replicated.

Rhinoceros
Marvel fanboys vs DC fanboys.. This is never going to stop, is it?

Soljer
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Marvel fanboys vs DC fanboys.. This is never going to stop, is it?

How? Thanos vs. Surfer? confused They're both marvel.

KK the Great
Originally posted by Soljer

Still, I think it directly correlates to nvr wanting to downplay a character he feels threatened by vis a vis natural comparison to Darkseid.

quanchi112
No. Focus on all of it. and the fact that surfer routinely jobbers to thanos. No other way to explain thier close proximity to power and Surfer's ability to channel such energies as the crunch. I have and all it points to Thanos being above him.

quanchi112
Still, I think it directly correlates to nvr wanting to downplay a character he feels threatened by vis a vis natural comparison to Darkseid. You have already figured him out.

Sundipped
I have and all it points to Thanos being above him.

thumb up I see this thread is best showings vs. best showings but vs. each other it's ownage in favor of Thanos. Surfer has done some incredible stuff feat wise but none of it matters when it comes to the Mad Titan Eternal.

Welcome back Quanchi smile

Ouallada
Is channeling the crunch's energies greater than making the universe scream? Surfer nearly died doing the former, while Thanos has never been shown to fully exert himself, even for the latter abovementioned feat. I'm not going to argue that Thanos holds back for everything he does, but I'm guessing he could do some crazy stuff if he were to put his life on the line like surfer did in the crunch feat.

Air Legend
Thanos always beats Surfer. This thread fails.

Air Legend
What he meant to say was intransigence (nvr) vs logic (everyone else).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Air Legend
What he meant to say was intransigence (nvr) vs logic (everyone else).

Only in your silly lil mind. I actually think Surfer is much closer in power to Thanos. And it's not to put Thanos down, but to up play surfer and bring to light how everyone jobbers to thanos.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Ouallada
Is channeling the crunch's energies greater than making the universe scream? Surfer nearly died doing the former, while Thanos has never been shown to fully exert himself, even for the latter abovementioned feat. I'm not going to argue that Thanos holds back for everything he does, but I'm guessing he could do some crazy stuff if he were to put his life on the line like surfer did in the crunch feat.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Question, The machine Thanos made only for himself to power up becuz according to moon dragon" he is power" that surfer powered while weakened means what then? That I am indeed correct. Surfer is much closer to Thanos in power than anyone wants to admit. And he is just a big jobber. Especially since he did pretty well against the Runner. And thanos didnt' do all that well against the runner. He needed a bit of prep.

I like to think that thinking for myself instead of general accepted status quo creates great debates and great thinkers.

Ouallada
Question, The machine Thanos made only for himself to power up becuz according to moon dragon" he is power" that surfer powered while weakened means what then? That I am indeed correct. Surfer is much closer to Thanos in power than anyone wants to admit. And he is just a big jobber. Especially since he did pretty well against the Runner. And thanos didnt' do all that well against the runner. He needed a bit of prep.

I like to think that thinking for myself instead of general accepted status quo creates great debates and great thinkers.

Are we going to accept an ambiguous quote like "he is power" as validation of anything?

To be honest, it was never stated what level of power the machine required. However, I can concede the point that surfer reached the level of power required. Before going any further, my thoughts on that particular issue of annihilation are well known. Deus ex machina everywhere. Things happened because they needed to happen. In any case, a swallow does not make a summer, and using this one instance to support your entire argument is pretty weak. Do you think surfer > Thor? Do you think Hulk > Thor?

The issue of jobbing as is contextually used on these boards has it that the two parties must at least be comparable in power. Crooks getting hammered by Spiderman isn't a case of jobbing on their part -- they were simply outclassed. Same with surfer and Thanos. The exception proves the norm, and the fact that only one real instance shows that surfer is anywhere near Thanos' level (read: not necessarily surpassing) when the two are directly compared shows that your example is the exception that proves our norm.

As for the runner, I really really doubt surfer was taking it easy. Especially since the elders wanted to kill G. If anything, the runner took surfer pretty lightly. Thanos needed prep and gems to beat the runner, but that is more a feat for runner than it is for Thanos.

I agree that inducing revolutionary change breaks status quo, but at times, people keep expounding a fact simply because it is true. Mothers keep telling their children to look left, look right and look left again because it is a required precaution. We remember Jordan as the best ever basketball player because it is true. Occam's razor.

KK the Great
Only in your silly lil mind. I actually think Surfer is much closer in power to Thanos. And it's not to put Thanos down, but to up play surfer and bring to light how everyone jobbers to thanos.

Everyone jobs to Thanos, certainly, but power has nothing to do with it. He just plain is more powerful than the hero set. The jobbing comes into play when Starlin wants to play up his intelligence, but Starlin isn't particularly clever himself, so the only way he can do it is by dumbing down everyone Thanos comes in contact with.

The same thing happens with Adam Warlock.

Ouallada
To be fair to Starlin, he defined Thanos and Warlock like no one else did. The clone retcons were because Thanos was so laughably out of character in some of those appearances. Also, if it is true that Thanos is plainly more powerful that top tier heroes, it isn't jobbing, but simply playing out the expected outcome.

The Great Galen
I never understood why SS couldnt just smack Thanos around. Its like every top tier thanos fights gets a bad case of "PIS" or something. By feats alone, there is no way Thanos should be even able to touch SS...but I guess the power of bad writting is Thanos real power.

KK the Great
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I never understood why SS couldnt just smack Thanos around. Its like every top tier thanos fights gets a bad case of "PIS" or something. By feats alone, there is no way Thanos should be even able to touch SS...but I guess the power of bad writting is Thanos real power.

That's because comparing feats is the most sophomoric, simple-minded way of viewing comics.

Ouallada
Originally posted by The Great Galen

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/untitled24.jpg

KK the Great
Also, if it is true that Thanos is plainly more powerful that top tier heroes, it isn't jobbing, but simply playing out the expected outcome.

That's what I said. The jobbing isn't in how power levels compare.

The jobbing is that the only way Starlin is able to portray exceptional intelligence is to make every other character exceptionally dumb.

That's the problem in writing a super amazing genius character when the writer himself isn't a super amazing genius. It is pretty easy to portray scientific genius by having the characters invent fantastic devices and perform "feats of intelligence" like with Reed Richards. A writer doesn't need to know how to build a time machine to write a character that does know how. But it is considerably harder to portray intelligence that is based more on cunning than on scientific know-how, because the writer needs to be cunning himself in order to portray it.

Ouallada
That's what I said. The jobbing isn't in how power levels compare.

The jobbing is that the only way Starlin is able to portray exceptional intelligence is to make every other character exceptionally dumb.

That's the problem in writing a super amazing genius character when the writer himself isn't a super amazing genius. It is pretty easy to portray scientific genius by having the characters invent fantastic devices and perform "feats of intelligence" like with Reed Richards. A writer doesn't need to know how to build a time machine to write a character that does know how. But it is considerably harder to portray intelligence that is based more on cunning than on scientific know-how, because the writer needs to be cunning himself in order to portray it.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Anyone who watched death proof can draw sufficient evidence that a man cannot realistically write female small talk. We both know what Starlin wanted with Warlock and Thanos. I hate to say this, but in this case, the ends justify the means to a certain extent.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are we going to accept an ambiguous quote like "he is power" as validation of anything?

To be honest, it was never stated what level of power the machine required. However, I can concede the point that surfer reached the level of power required. Before going any further, my thoughts on that particular issue of annihilation are well known. Deus ex machina everywhere. Things happened because they needed to happen. In any case, a swallow does not make a summer, and using this one instance to support your entire argument is pretty weak. Do you think surfer > Thor? Do you think Hulk > Thor?

The issue of jobbing as is contextually used on these boards has it that the two parties must at least be comparable in power. Crooks getting hammered by Spiderman isn't a case of jobbing on their part -- they were simply outclassed. Same with surfer and Thanos. The exception proves the norm, and the fact that only one real instance shows that surfer is anywhere near Thanos' level (read: not necessarily surpassing) when the two are directly compared shows that your example is the exception that proves our norm.

As for the runner, I really really doubt surfer was taking it easy. Especially since the elders wanted to kill G. If anything, the runner took surfer pretty lightly. Thanos needed prep and gems to beat the runner, but that is more a feat for runner than it is for Thanos.

I agree that inducing revolutionary change breaks status quo, but at times, people keep expounding a fact simply because it is true. Mothers keep telling their children to look left, look right and look left again because it is a required precaution. We remember Jordan as the best ever basketball player because it is true. Occam's razor.
What one must do in thinking about just how powerful the surfer is, is look at the out of combat feats he performs as well as the combat feats. In conjuction with the Thanos machine, which Thanos did build only for himself to power, and extrapolate that the surfer is indeed a big jobber.

Ouallada
What one must do in thinking about just how powerful the surfer is, is look at the out of combat feats he performs as well as the combat feats. In conjuction with the Thanos machine, which Thanos did build only for himself to power, and extrapolate that the surfer is indeed a big jobber.

So, is surfer > Thor and hulk > Thor?

As for the machine, I willingly concede the point, although I dislike the context in which the feat took place. That still does not negate everything else that Thanos has done to place him above surfer.

Surfer losing to metas is jobbing. Surfer losing to lower heralds could be jobbing at a stretch. Losing consistently to a being higher than himself is not jobbing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So, is surfer > Thor and hulk > Thor?

As for the machine, I willingly concede the point, although I dislike the context in which the feat took place. That still does not negate everything else that Thanos has done to place him above surfer.

Surfer losing to metas is jobbing. Surfer losing to lower heralds could be jobbing at a stretch. Losing consistently to a being higher than himself is not jobbing.

IT is jobbering if Surfer has defeated beings as powerful or more than Thanos. IT's also jobbering if Surfer acts like and idiot and uses no create use of force, no advantage of mobility, ect.

Surfer and THor are somewhere in the same hood of power. IMO. Hulk is far superior to surfer or Thor in strength. But that is about it. When Thor acts a buffoon and tries to go toe to toe with hulk in pnuching power, he loses.

KK the Great
As for the machine, I willingly concede the point, although I dislike the context in which the feat took place.

I wouldn't concede that so quickly, seeing as nvr's logic is as flawed as ever.

If Superman uses a really heavy key for his Fortress of Solitude as a safeguard against anyone else using it, but then Martian Manhunter lifts the key, is that proof positive that J'onn is as strong as Superman, or is it just that he's close enough to be able to lift something that Superman can also lift?

There's no reason to think that Thanos made this machine such that he would have to strain himself to power it. If he can casually power it, then it stands to reason that someone as powerful as Silver Surfer could also power it.

Bransolute
So because Surfer has more feats than Thanos (because Thanos only ha about 200 appearances or so), that means he's better?
And, we're not allowed to contrast the characters they both fought which actually tells of power, rather than this thread, which makes no sense, and only asks of high showings of Surfer in which Thanos never got to try his hand at it.

"Don't compare the two... only use the highest showings of both (but you're not allowed to use fights that compare the two in overall power) of them, while I ignore the context of Surfer's feats, and say he jobbed to everyone."

Pretty much how I see this thread. smile

Ouallada
IT is jobbering if Surfer has defeated beings as powerful or more than Thanos. IT's also jobbering if Surfer acts like and idiot and uses no create use of force, no advantage of mobility, ect.

Surfer and THor are somewhere in the same hood of power. IMO. Hulk is far superior to surfer or Thor in strength. But that is about it. When Thor acts a buffoon and tries to go toe to toe with hulk in pnuching power, he loses.

Thanos has also defeated beings more powerful than Surfer. His individual powerset negates surfer to a huge degree as well.

Surfer has claimed Mjolnir to be more powerful than his PC. Should we debate Thor vs SS simply based on that one feat, even though a very good case can be made for SS > Thor? Hulk has smacked Thor around pretty good in the past. Is Hulk > THor just based on an isolated showing? Is Hercules stronger than AS Superman because he lifted the weight of the world on his shoulders? I'm sure you are a pretty intelligent person, so I think you can see where I am going with this. A single instance whereby surfer has come close to Thanos in power does not mean much in the whole scheme of things.

You watch basketball? Is David Robinson > Jordan based on the fact that he scored 73pts in one game compared to Jordan's 69?

Ouallada
I wouldn't concede that so quickly, seeing as nvr's logic is as flawed as ever.

If Superman uses a rally heavy key for his Fortress of Solitude as a safeguard against anyone else using it, but then Martian Manhunter lifts the key, is that proof positive that J'onn is as strong as Superman, or is it just that he's close enough to be able to lift something that Superman can also lift?

There's no reason to think that Thanos made this machine such that he would have to strain himself to power it. If he can casually power it, then it stands to reason that someone as powerful as Silver Surfer could also power it.

I can see where he is coming from, but I have already stated that we do not know how much power is needed exactly for anyone to power up the machine. If he wants to assume that it means SS is within Thanos' range this once, I can give him that. It gives my argument that much more credence when an ambiguous example is all the upholders of the other notion have to hold on to.

Soljer
So, can we conclude that Nvr's spite fails yet?

Air Legend
It was concluded on the first page.

Hitman911
didn't SS absorb the ultimate power of a GL ring once?

Battlehammer

Also, it is well known that Thor is the son of the Skyfather and the elder Goddess and the reason was so that he could be superior to his father and all asgardians physically. And I know Odin can amp his physical abilities. that is pretty much standard now adays.
first of all were was it every stated that thor ahd superior physical stats to odin? I mean thor gets all his powers from odin so that would make little senses.

also even if odin was weaker then thor in strength that would not make him a 60 tonner.

thor is well over 100 tons.

so that make Odin still well over a 100 tons

Bransolute
first of all were was it every stated that thor ahd superior physical stats to odin? I mean thor gets all his powers from odin so that would make little senses.

also even if odin was weaker then thor in strength that would not make him a 60 tonner.

thor is well over 100 tons.

so that make Odin still well over a 100 tons Loki controlling Odin's body beat Masterson Thor into the ground. smile

quanchi112
So, can we conclude that Nvr's spite fails yet? Yes we can. This thread and nvers logic is being attacked on all fronts.

nvrbeenwthagirl

It wasn't spite. F. U. Spite would be pitting surfer in a IN CHARACTER battle against Thanos. You make me sick. You disgust me. You won't EVER judge me in a battle zone. You are one of the reasons I refuse to do it in the first place. Being an a.h. is so fitting of you.

Bransolute
It wasn't spite. F. U. Spite would be pitting surfer in a IN CHARACTER battle against Thanos. You make me sick. You disgust me. You won't EVER judge me in a battle zone. You are one of the reasons I refuse to do it in the first place. Being an a.h. is so fitting of you.
The funny thing is, you still haven't even proving Surfer has even touched the jobbing wheel when he fights Thanos...

And ignoring everything said to you, still doesn't mean Surfer jobs to Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The funny thing is, you still haven't even proving Surfer has even touched the jobbing wheel when he fights Thanos...

And ignoring everything said to you, still doesn't mean Surfer jobs to Thanos.

Surfer sure as hell doesn't look to use any tactical advantage with his flight, speed, exotic powers, ect. Surfer can manipulate time to a degree yes? Thanos can't. yes, IMO, Surfer jobbers to Thanos. Now back up.

Bransolute
Surfer sure as hell doesn't look to use any tactical advantage with his flight, speed, exotic powers, ect. Surfer can manipulate time to a degree yes? Thanos can't. yes, IMO, Surfer jobbers to Thanos. Now back up. I've already 'backed' it up. I've explained it all yesterday, and don't care enough to repeat myself.

A new thing you brought up... was time control though... I haven't heard that in a while. smile

And to my recollection, the only way Surfer has done this in the past (in a fight anyway), was to Durok. And that was because the fight dragged out, and even then he had to grab and hold on to Durok, and then dropped him off in the past.
Not even close to a valid option against Thanos.

Considering Thanos could likely take his head off with a cheapshot when Surfer would be turning back time (that's if he can get him in the hold in the first place). smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
I've already 'backed' it up. I've explained it all yesterday, and don't care enough to repeat myself.

A new thing you brought up... was time control though... I haven't heard that in a while. smile

And to my recollection, the only way Surfer has done this in the past (in a fight anyway), was to Durok. And that was because the fight dragged out, and even then he had to grab and hold on to Durok, and then dropped him off in the past.
Not even close to a valid option against Thanos.

Considering Thanos could likely take his head off with a cheapshot when Surfer would be turning back time (that's if he can get him in the hold in the first place). smile
Nah. YOu aren't looking at it in the way I am. Surfer who is millions of years old or what ever, Can just keep going back to the same battle and learning ways to get better. Or absorb a sun and charge thanos. We know surfer can amp. So what gives? And When I said back up, I meant, leave me be. You have your opinion, and mine is that surfer is a big Jobber.

Bransolute
Nah. YOu aren't looking at it in the way I am. Surfer who is millions of years old or what ever, Can just keep going back to the same battle and learning ways to get better. Or absorb a sun and charge thanos. We know surfer can amp. So what gives? And When I said back up, I meant, leave me be. You have your opinion, and mine is that surfer is a big Jobber. So, essentially, Surfer jobs because he's never done something like that... ever? That's awesome logic!

What if Thanos absorbs enough energy to make the universe 'Scream'?

Also, when Surfer charged after he absorbed a portion of the red giant, Drax was able to redirect his course with a punch, so I don't see what that would do. Plus, Surfer only absorbed part of the sun, because Thanos told him to.

Thanos can amp. smile

And when Surfer amps to match Thanos... ya, that'll be the day...

Your logic doesn't work though. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
So, essentially, Surfer jobs because he's never done something like that... ever? That's awesome logic!

What if Thanos absorbs enough energy to make the universe 'Scream'?

Also, when Surfer charged after he absorbed a portion of the red giant, Drax was able to redirect his course with a punch, so I don't see what that would do. Plus, Surfer only absorbed part of the sun, because Thanos told him to.

Thanos can amp. smile

And when Surfer amps to match Thanos... ya, that'll be the day...

Your logic doesn't work though. smile

The logic is simple. Surfer is a jobber. Every one Jobbers to Thanos. Unless you think Thor who was able to crack the Armor of the celestial, couldn't do the same to Thanos's face. EVERYONE jobbers to Thanos. Odin Jobbered. Tyrant Jobbered. HEll thor was creative against Magog but not Thanos? You'll excuse me if I'm not some fanboy who follows the status quo becuz it's the popular road. And Dont' be fooled. EVERYONE jobbers To superman as well. No bias against companies. wink

Bad Ash231
The logic is simple. Surfer is a jobber. Every one Jobbers to Thanos. Unless you think Thor who was able to crack the Armor of the celestial, couldn't do the same to Thanos's face. EVERYONE jobbers to Thanos. Odin Jobbered. Tyrant Jobbered. HEll thor was creative against Magog but not Thanos? You'll excuse me if I'm not some fanboy who follows the status quo becuz it's the popular road. And Dont' be fooled. EVERYONE jobbers To superman as well. No bias against companies. wink

nonefist

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>