Superman Prime vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Okay we have seen a lot of these threads as of late but I am hoping this will end them all. In one corner we have SMP, who is based of the powerset of PC supes and has no weakness to K-nite or magic. A character who speedblitz the flashes, moves planents accross the unviverse at such high speeds that they appear instantaneous and a character that can punch through dimensions. Then we have Odin who in his own right is pretty powerful. The two are bloodlusted and fight on some generic planent...who takes it.

Rorschach
Odin wins.

And this thread has been made before.

Sirius77
Superboy-prime has a huge chance if thanos was able to stalemate odin.

So, imo, Superboy-prime 6/10.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Sirius77

So, imo, Superboy-prime 6/10. no expression

Ouallada

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/wrong.jpg

guy222
odin

The Great Galen
......Man Ive lost all faith in mankind....SMP gees.

Ouallada
Originally posted by The Great Galen
......Man Ive lost all faith in mankind....SMP gees.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/9091Jesus-Loves-You-Posters.jpg

Soljer
laughing

No.

TricksterPriest
Which SMP is this? DC1M, or the Emo brat? DC1M would be interesting, though I'd give it to Odin due to a lack of feats.

Emoman-prime.............superdur does not approve.

llagrok

TricksterPriest

So, imo, Superboy-prime 6/10. no Thanos didn't stalemate Odin. He survived Odin.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
no Thanos didn't stalemate Odin. He survived Odin.

Better than Darkseid'd do against Odin.
stick out tongue.

the Darkone
Odin too versatile for Superman Prime, Odin is a top notch Skyfather.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
Better than Darkseid'd do against Odin.
stick out tongue.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Durseid.png

Durseid disagrees.

Priest

this is coming from a guy that thinks Henshaw can give a celestial a run for his money.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Priest
this is coming from a guy that thinks Henshaw can give a celestial a run for his money. Not a run for his money... I remember 'beat' being mentioned...

Priest
Originally posted by Bransolute
Not a run for his money... I remember 'beat' being mentioned...
i didn't want to look for the post myself, silly me sad

llagrok
Did people do a lot of running for money back in the day?

Bransolute
Originally posted by llagrok
Did people do a lot of running for money back in the day? The Great Depression?

llagrok
The Great Depression?

I'm gonna see if anyone's willing to run against me for their house.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
this is coming from a guy that thinks Henshaw can give a celestial a run for his money. Please tell me sirius didnt say that. Please.

Sirius77
Source wall tech> Celestial tech. Face the facts, Henshaw manipulated the sourcewall tech.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Please tell me sirius didnt say that. Please.
Says the guy who thinks Thanos with prep can beat Spectre.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Says the guy who thinks Thanos with prep can beat Spectre. With prep Thanos becomes god.

quanchi112
Source wall tech> Celestial tech. Face the facts, Henshaw manipulated the sourcewall tech. And he lost in sinestro corps right? A celestial could do whatever it wanted to henshaw. I mean be serious.

Estacado
How exactly?

quanchi112
How exactly? The soul gems or the heart of the universe. He also got the cosmic cube early on. When he got these items they were the shit at the time but were pretty much outdone when thanos wanted to become all powerful again he always outdid himself.

Estacado
The soul gems or the heart of the universe. He also got the cosmic cube early on. When he got these items they were the shit at the time but were pretty much outdone when thanos wanted to become all powerful again he always outdid himself.
How can he find those things on a "neutral ground"?
Don't answer me that.
Kthanksbai.

quanchi112
How can he find those things on a "neutral ground"?
Don't answer me that.
Kthanksbai. If you give Thanos time to think out a way to defeat the spectre you act as if he couldnt. I mean be serious. The guy takes out universal threats when he needs to. He took out the hunger,had Galactus kidnapped practically with the aid of tenebrous and aegis. So in your mind when Thanos has prep are you not allowing him to do anything outside of just sitting there and strategizing?

TricksterPriest
Answer me this Quan. Can Thanos beat LT with prep? Because that's essentially what you are asking him to do.

Bransolute
Answer me this Quan. Can Thanos beat LT with prep? Because that's essentially what you are asking him to do. Reed did...

So has Thanos...

But I'm not sure if Thanos could do it...

Shin_Nikkolas
It's not Thanos w/prep that owns Spectre and LT.

It's Thanos w/Starlin that >>>> GOD

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Ouallada
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/9091Jesus-Loves-You-Posters.jpg laughing out loud Odin.

Soljer
Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, is Superman prime impervious to magic?

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, is Superman prime impervious to magic? No... afaik, he's just not weak to it.

Soljer
Wait, is Superman prime impervious to magic?

Which one?

Golden boy wasn't - the immunity came from the 5th dimensional imp bloodline.

Emoman isn't - he's just has comparable durability to magic as he does everything else, he doesn't have a particular weakness to it.

Superherovandal
Superboy Prime is. He states it and shows it. He goes right through Zauriel and Black Adam when Adam magically charges his fist.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Superboy Prime is. He states it and shows it. He goes right through Zauriel and Black Adam when Adam magically charges his fist. Which equates to him being unaffected by Odin's magic...?

If Superman is unaffected by a punch from Spider-Man, does that mean a punch from Thanos would do nothing?

Priest
Superboy Prime is. He states it and shows it. He goes right through Zauriel and Black Adam when Adam magically charges his fist.
if he was impervious to magic he wouldent have been knocked around by Adam..
He doesn't have a magic weakness like a E1 kryptoninan, but still can be affected by it.

The Great Galen
Bottomline, Supes takes Odin...who can take Thanos. Its not my fault its Supes>Odin>Thanos.

Shin_Nikkolas
No. That's Superman 1,000,000. DC1M Prime is just extra sundipped. No blood with the Imps at all.

Please go away.

The Great Galen
Accept the facts then, or r u going to just deny what the feats show.

Larceny
Answer me this Quan. Can Thanos beat LT with prep? Because that's essentially what you are asking him to do.

He already has, and by no means am I a Thanos fanboy. wink

Shin_Nikkolas
Feats show Odin beating the crap out of Silver Surfer with one blow.

Surfer is Supes' peer.

Thus, Odin stomps the holy hell out of Superman.

quanchi112
Bottomline, Supes takes Odin...who can take Thanos. Its not my fault its Supes>Odin>Thanos. I suspect you dont read many Odin or Thanos comics do you?

quanchi112
Answer me this Quan. Can Thanos beat LT with prep? Because that's essentially what you are asking him to do. Uhm lt is a lot more powerful than the spectre. And Thanos already crushed him once when he had the heart.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Feats show Odin beating the crap out of Silver Surfer with one blow.

Surfer is Supes' peer.

Thus, Odin stomps the holy hell out of Superman.

Surfer is a jobber tho. Superman is not.

Shin_Nikkolas
I don't make excuses. A character wins or loses. It's all canon and valid.

It also is stupid of you to assert a Herald losing to a Skyfather is "jobbing".

Jobbing would be if Surfer beat Odin.

Besides, even with Surfer's low showings, he has more than enough feats to put him on Supes' level and thus, Odin can one shot Clark as well.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't make excuses. A character wins or loses. It's all canon and valid.

It also is stupid of you to assert a Herald losing to a Skyfather is "jobbing".

Jobbing would be if Surfer beat Odin.

Besides, even with Surfer's low showings, he has more than enough feats to put him on Supes' level and thus, Odin can one shot Clark as well.

I'm sure I can find a many example of Superman taking shots from beings equal to or superior to Odin.

quanchi112
I'm sure I can find a many example of Superman taking shots from beings equal to or superior to Odin. Yet those blows are what Odin does on a consistent basis. The difference here is that Superman gets his ass pummeled by Cyborg who is nowhere near as powerful as Odin yet youd like to ignore that loss and just focus on his high showings.

Soljer
I'm sure I can find a many example of Superman taking shots from beings equal to or superior to Odin.

Really? How many is 'many'?

Lets see it. Put up or shut up time, Nvr.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Really? How many is 'many'?

Lets see it. Put up or shut up time, Nvr.

When I address you, speak. Until then, you aren't worthy.

Soljer

Exactly as I thought.

Sarutobi700
Odin wins this with relative ease

quanchi112
When I address you, speak. Until then, you aren't worthy. So you really have nothing. It is as we all expected.

Grinning Goku

My, my. Someone's taking their role play/cosplay seriously.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
My, my. Someone's taking their role play/cosplay seriously. Your avatar scares me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your avatar scares me.

That is james brown.

Superherovandal
No but he literally says magic has no affect on him and after going through an angel and Black Adam i'd say he's true. I mean on his earth there is no such thing as magic. He's the only superhuman on Earth. So suffice to say its not too far of a stretch to say that he might be immune to magic.

Shin_Nikkolas
He never said it has no effect.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/Nik_TehPimpXor/SBP.jpg

That look on Adam's face is my favorite part.

Soljer
He never said it has no effect.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/Nik_TehPimpXor/SBP.jpg

That look on Adam's face is my favorite part.

Tickles...

Seems like it has about as much of an effect as any other kind of attack had on him - he isn't immune to it, he just isn't weak to it. smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tickles...

Seems like it has about as much of an effect as any other kind of attack had on him - he isn't immune to it, he just isn't weak to it. smile.

If ba's magic only makes him feel a tickle, then I'd say it would take far more than odin magic to make it hurt. Cuz Ba's magic has done some serious stuff.

Bransolute
If ba's magic only makes him feel a tickle, then I'd say it would take far more than odin magic to make it hurt. Cuz Ba's magic has done some serious stuff. He only charged his fists...

nvrbeenwthagirl
He only charged his fists...

Yet he wasn't pulling any punches. That much is obvious. BA is a beast and he knew what superman prime was.

Bransolute
Yet he wasn't pulling any punches. That much is obvious. BA is a beast and he knew what superman prime was. But it's not like he was using big magic...

That scene also reeks of pis anyway...
Krypto rips through Superboy's shoulder... Conner hurts Superboy, and makes him squirt out blood, but Black Adam can't affect him?
Git outta here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But it's not like he was using big magic...

That scene also reeks of pis anyway...
Krypto rips through Superboy's shoulder... Conner hurts Superboy, and makes him squirt out blood, but Black Adam can't affect him?
Git outta here.

DC always hypes up characters with an S shield before they die. And krypto is a DOG. it makes sense that he would be>Kryptonians.

SpookySmurph
No but he literally says magic has no affect on him and after going through an angel and Black Adam i'd say he's true. I mean on his earth there is no such thing as magic. He's the only superhuman on Earth. So suffice to say its not too far of a stretch to say that he might be immune to magic. On my Earth, there's no such thing as magic.

"Suffice to say", if I dueled a tangible, real life version of Odin with equivalent power sets, I'd get the shit kicked out of me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
On my Earth, there's no such thing as magic.

"Suffice to say", if I dueled a tangible, real life version of Odin with equivalent power sets, I'd get the shit kicked out of me.

You can't retcon punch or move planets faster than thier atmospheres can change or beat planets full of uber powered heroes. You should get your ass kicked.

Terryc250
Odin beats SMP..

SMP is about = to Thanos.. and Thanos would lose against Odin

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Terryc250
Odin beats SMP..

SMP is about = to Thanos.. and Thanos would lose against Odin

NO. SMP is beyond Thanos.

SpookySmurph
You can't retcon punch or move planets faster than thier atmospheres can change or beat planets full of uber powered heroes. You should get your ass kicked. So

Super strength + no magic on homeworld= Immunity to magic?

Tony Stark
Bottomline, Supes takes Odin...who can take Thanos. Its not my fault its Supes>Odin>Thanos.

confused

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

stick out tongue

no

Odin>THANOS>Any Superman

Deal with it. Sometimes the truth hurts... And "YES" that is pain you are feeling.

llagrok
Yet he wasn't pulling any punches. That much is obvious. BA is a beast and he knew what superman prime was.

You're being ridiculous.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
So

Super strength + no magic on homeworld= Immunity to magic?
No. Being able to resist the combined might of Earth's forces, GL's, threaten Oa with all those gaurdians on it, resisting Zuriel's supernatural sword, Ba's punches, ect, make one rediculously powerful and resiliant AND immune to magic until proven. So far, magic hasn't affected him. Not to say that It can be used in a round about way. But directly, I see no evidence that it has a direct affect.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're being ridiculous.

being rediculous to assume that BA was actually surprised that his punches had no affect? yeah, it's just retarded to think that BA was going easy on SBP in light of who he was and the surprise on BA"s face. I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooo rediculous. How could i ever come up with the idea that BA actually was trying.

llagrok
being rediculous to assume that BA was actually surprised that his punches had no affect? yeah, it's just retarded to think that BA was going easy on SBP in light of who he was and the surprise on BA"s face. I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooo rediculous. How could i ever come up with the idea that BA actually was trying.

BA's punches wouldn't even tickle Odin......

It doesn't matter how hard Black Adam was trying, Superboy prime was wearing his suit and is incredibly durable. Without the suit Superboy's punches hurt him...

Taking punches and attacks from herald level characters doesn't make him even to Odin, not by a long shot. If so, then Thanos is skyfather level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
BA's punches wouldn't even tickle Odin......

It doesn't matter how hard Black Adam was trying, Superboy prime was wearing his suit and is incredibly durable. Without the suit Superboy's punches hurt him...
NO. SBP is more powerful without the suit, when he's fully charged. And We aren't talking about BA's punches affecting Odin. What are you talking about? And I'm sure BA's punches would do more than that to Odin if he used them like he did to crack the spectre's face.

llagrok
NO. SBP is more powerful without the suit, when he's fully charged. And We aren't talking about BA's punches affecting Odin. What are you talking about? And I'm sure BA's punches would do more than that to Odin if he used them like he did to crack the spectre's face.

I don't.

Galan007
Superboy-prime has a huge chance if thanos was able to stalemate odin. An incredibly low showing for Odin. srsly

llagrok
Originally posted by Galan007
An incredibly low showing for Odin. srsly

And even then Odin wasn't affected by any of Thanos' attacks, nor by the Silver Surfer's.

Superboy prime was injured by Krypto...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't.

Of course. Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Teh Spectre.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And even then Odin wasn't affected by any of Thanos' attacks, nor by the Silver Surfer's.

Superboy prime was injured by Krypto...

While depowered in his suit. Let's not forget that lil bit of info. of course Thanos's attacks are equal to a being who can retcon punch and threaten OA.

Galan007
Superboy prime was injured by Krypto... Krypto > Odin.

It's that simple. none

Evolve
I take it the current whiney SBP?

I think Odin gets this with his mystical power. Just far too powerful.

I really don't think this should come down to a punching slug fest, (not saying Odin would lose, quite the opposite); but I think that wouldn't make it as easy to win over SMP. We've all seen what Odin could do if he were to not hold back...(as he held back in the fight with Thanos)

llagrok
Originally posted by Evolve
I take it the current whiney SBP?

I think Odin gets this with his mystical power. Just far too powerful.

I really don't think this should come down to a punching slug fest, (not saying Odin would lose, quite the opposite); but I think that wouldn't make it as easy to win over SMP. We've all seen what Odin could do if he were to not hold back...(as he held back in the fight with Thanos)

People seem to think that Odin was trying to kill Thanos :/

How many people ask "Do you yield?" when they think they've killed someone?

quanchi112
People seem to think that Odin was trying to kill Thanos :/

How many people ask "Do you yield?" when they think they've killed someone? Uhm he thought he kiled Thanos but when he saw he was alive he then asked him if if he would yield or give up which Thanos replied hell no. I mean he oneshotted norrin radd out of the fight early on its just that Thanos was taking everything he was throwing at him.

llagrok
Uhm he thought he kiled Thanos but when he saw he was alive he then asked him if if he would yield or give up which Thanos replied hell no. I mean he oneshotted norrin radd out of the fight early on its just that Thanos was taking everything he was throwing at him.

When did he ever mention that he was trying to kill Thanos, or ask if he was dead? All Odin said was that Thanos wouldn't beat him.

quanchi112
When did he ever mention that he was trying to kill Thanos, or ask if he was dead? All Odin said was that Thanos wouldn't beat him. Odin thought he basically defeated twice heres the first time.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock25-31.jpg

Here is the second time.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock25-33.jpg

Notice the amount of respect Odin gives when he thought Thanos was beaten. Not so fast there old man it takes more than that to put down Thanos.

the Darkone
Odin wasn't trying to kill Thanos if he did Asgard would have been destroyed easily. Odin wasn't going all out, plus Thanos at that time was cursed by Death which made Thanos himself more durable and powerful, it was Death curse that kept Thanos alive.

Odin will overwhelm Superman Prime, too many vast powers stopping time, teleporting at will, cast spells, call upon cosmic and mystical energies too many advantages.

llagrok
I've read the fight a million times Quanchi, everyone has.

I still don't think that Odin was trying to kill him and it's also possible to try and kill someone without going all out. How would Odin know how much energy is required to kill Thanos?

Sundipped
Good scans Quanchi. "It's been eons since I have fought such a foe". This speaks volumes considering this was the 2nd time Odin thought Thanos was defeated. Odin put in alot of effort for this fight.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Sundipped
"It's been eons since I have fought such a foe".

Surtur/Mangog blows.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Surtur/Mangog blows.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Could it be possible that he forgot about those battles? I did wonder about that.

quanchi112
Good scans Quanchi. "It's been eons since I have fought such a foe". This speaks volumes considering this was the 2nd time Odin thought Thanos was defeated. Odin put in alot of effort for this fight. He was going all out and it showed by the amount of respect that he gave Thanos. Id like to slap the first guy that started the rumor that Odin wasnt really trying. I mean he's fighting Thanos here not the absorbing man.

quanchi112
I've read the fight a million times Quanchi, everyone has.

I still don't think that Odin was trying to kill him and it's also possible to try and kill someone without going all out. How would Odin know how much energy is required to kill Thanos? You might have read them but you really have nothing to support your theory other than your pissed that Thanos took Odins shit for a while refusing to give up.

The Great Galen
But in fairness Odin wasnt really trying soooo.......

Ouallada
But in fairness Odin wasnt really trying soooo.......

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/noobgb8.jpg

The Great Galen
Read the story, then get back to me.

vlaaad12345
Read the story, then get back to me.
We have all read the story,odin busts out one of his top weapons and keeps ramping it up thanos takes everything and gets back up,odin may not have been going all out but he sure as hell was trying.

Bad Ash231
roll eyes (sarcastic) Could it be possible that he forgot about those battles? I did wonder about that.

Oh noez!!!11!

Old Odin is senile? sad

Rewmac
WTF is this? PWN..........

Odin wins....313

King Kandy
If Odin wasn't trying then why the hell did he use Gungir? That theory is full of holes.

llagrok
Originally posted by King Kandy
If Odin wasn't trying then why the hell did he use Gungir? That theory is full of holes.

Just like how he suddenly forgot having fought Surtur and so on.

Sundipped
Man this fight (Odin vs. Thanos) will never get old. U can't possibly review it anymore than it has been on KMC. I still say Odin was trying hard.

SuperiorTech
He was definitely getting more serious as the fight went on but Odin was not going all out I think he was clearly he clearly underestimating thanos power,

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by King Kandy

1] Low showing for Odin.
2] Thanos' durability is that high
3] "It's been eons since I have fought such a foe." If we're counting this for Thanos then we can include that comment by Thanos afraid to confront Hulk in a fight - which is completely bull.
4] Odin pulled out his Power Scepter against Surtur...so that comment against Thanos should be taken lightly.

WhiteWitchKing
Of course. Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Teh Spectre.

Of course. SBP>>>>>>>>>>>>Teh Spectre.

That's acceptable, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.