Thanos Vs. Sun Wukong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
Sun Wukong from the epic chinese novel "Journey to the West" takes on Thanos.

Bransolute
Thanos 10/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Bransolute
Thanos 10/10.

Trickster thinks it's a good match...

So...

Bran's probably nailed it. stick out tongue.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bransolute
Thanos 10/10.
Reason?

King Kandy
I think Sun Wukong is a lot more powerful then you realize.

Soljer
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think Sun Wukong is a lot more powerful then you realize.

It was a joke, my friend....I have no idea who mr. Wukong is.

Bransolute
Reason? I have no idea who Wong is. smile

King Kandy
Jeeze.

I'll get his feats together sometime.

Hazsekswthurmom
Isn't Sun Wunkong like an uber prankster who can pwn gods?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Isn't Sun Wunkong like an uber prankster who can pwn gods?

yes He pwned the entire Heavenly army. He's definitely Thanos level, if not over.

Bransolute
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
yes He pwned the entire Heavenly army. He's definitely Thanos level, if not over. How powerful was this army?
What did they do?

Soljer
yes He pwned the entire Heavenly army. He's definitely Thanos level, if not over.

Wow - the entire heavenly army? Sounds like a match for Darkseid...what a spite thread this must be.

King Kandy
He didn't pwn Erlang Shen, and Erlang Shen was technically part of the Heavenly Army.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Soljer
Wow - the entire heavenly army? Sounds like a match for Darkseid...what a spite thread this must be.
I made it on tricksters Suggestion.

Soljer
I made it on tricksters Suggestion.

I know, I saw the other thread.

I'm kidding, my friend. smile.

Evolve
Does he get his staff? And that pig guy who fights with him? stick out tongue

Shit the Monkey King! Someone should make a respect thread for the guy..

King Kandy
He gets his staff, but no allies. Just himself, and any clones he may happen to make.

I'd love to make a respect thread, but there's no "Book Character" respect forum.

Evolve
It would be classified under Independent and other section, since technically - both comics are books as well.

King Kandy
Right, but "Journey to the West" has nothing to do with comics.

Evolve
I agree.

Anywho here's a good site for SWK: http://www.vbtutor.net/Xiyouji/psunwukong.htm

TricksterPriest
The guy managed to defeat the 28 constellations of stars, so he's pretty uber.

Tony Stark

So your saying he's 3X more powerful than DS then...Huh

wink

psycho gundam
thanos beats the ish out of the monkey god

King Kandy
Based on what? I don't think you know how powerful Monkey King is... even Samadhi Fire couldn't hurt him, and it is the hottest thing in the universe.

TricksterPriest
There's a difference of opinion on that. Some interpretations hold that it's the only thing that could break down the durability boost he got from Lao Zi's furnace.

Others say that Red Boy's flame did more damage.

Either way, you basically needed the strongest kind of divine fire to hurt him at all. And pretty much nothing else worked.

Even Nezha's fire wheels didn't scratch him. And he's only been imprisoned twice. Once by Buddha himself, and once by a demon who nicknamed himself 'The yellow-browed buddha'. The 2nd used the Laughing Monk's cymbals to trap Monkey between them. Of course, with a slight opening provided by a constellation, Monkey got out and smashed the cymbals in a single blow. stick out tongue

King Kandy
Actually he was imprisoned when Silverhorn dropped a mountain on him. And he was imprisoned by Silverhorn AGAIN when he was trapped in Laozi's vase.

BTW, Red Boy's flame IS Samadhi fire. They are the same thing. He continually refers to it as "true Samadhi fire" and anyway, it didn't actually hurt Monkey. Monkey got hurt when Red Boy breathed smoke at him, which removed his invulnerability and THEN the Samadhi fire hurt him.

That's right, he had to be depowered for the hottest thing in the universe to hurt him.

Another thing is that for someone who supposidly beat all 28 constellations, he sure had trouble beating Strider, who's only ONE member of them...

TricksterPriest
Actually he was imprisoned when Silverhorn dropped a mountain on him. And he was imprisoned by Silverhorn AGAIN when he was trapped in Laozi's vase.

BTW, Red Boy's flame IS Samadhi fire. They are the same thing. He continually refers to it as "true Samadhi fire" and anyway, it didn't actually hurt Monkey. Monkey got hurt when Red Boy breathed smoke at him, which removed his invulnerability and THEN the Samadhi fire hurt him.

That's right, he had to be depowered for the hottest thing in the universe to hurt him.

Another thing is that for someone who supposidly beat all 28 constellations, he sure had trouble beating Strider, who's only ONE member of them...

Interesting. I didn't know that about Red boy. Sue me, I forgot Silverhorn. stick out tongue But that was Lao Zi's stuff anyway, so I'm not sure that counts. And I'm damn sure Monkey said the gourd could not hurt him because of the furnace.

As for Strider, Monkey is occasionally inconsistent. IE: beating constellations, but can't lift an ocean, etc.

King Kandy
Well it counts because you said "only two things have ever trapped him." Well actually Silverhorn trapped him twice. The vace would have taken a long time to kill him, but it did a good job at trapping him: It the seal hadn't been removed he never would have gotten free.

Yeah, he has high points and low points... Like what about that one Taoist guy who beat all three of them at once? He also trapped monkey a couple times (he got free though.)

TricksterPriest
Do you mean the Water Buffalo of Lao Zi with the ring?

And alright, I concede the bloody point. stick out tongue

King Kandy
Do you mean the Water Buffalo of Lao Zi with the ring?
Wuh? I was talking about that one guy who was obsessed with how Monkey stole his manfruit (that sounds so wrong.)

TricksterPriest
Oh, the fruit that looked like people. I remember that. I always thought he was Lao Zi or something. srug

Grinning Goku

King Kandy
Oh, the fruit that looked like people. I remember that. I always thought he was Lao Zi or something. srug
No. I believe something was stated to the effect of "he is to Earth as Laozi is to heaven." or "As Laozi is the highest Taoist in Heaven, ______ is the highest Taoist of Earth."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.