What would you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
I really like the street level genre of comics regardless of wether its DC or Marvel. Sure I like cosmic characters as well but nothing seems to beat a good old fashioned martial arts brawl. Theres also something really cool when you get characters like Promotheus taking it to characters with superhuman powers. If I had a coice between being somebody like Silver Surfer or...Batman or Promotheus I might choose to be human.

If you had a choice to choose what sort of character you would rather be, would you be cosmic character (herald level) or would you be a human with MA skills but was smart enough to obtain high-tech that leveled the playing field?

NiņoAraņa
Cosmic, they don't have to deal with as much **** as street levelers on a daily basis...

Alfheim

llagrok
Definitely go for low herald, Dr.Doom, Apocalypse, Magneto and all those. Not exactly cosmic beings, but still incredibly powerful smile

Alfheim
Originally posted by llagrok
Definitely go for low herald, Dr.Doom, Apocalypse, Magneto and all those. Not exactly cosmic beings, but still incredibly powerful smile

Yeah me too probably. Id be somebody like Promtheus or Doom.

NiņoAraņa
meh. i'd be something like Silver Surfer...go around flying and giving planets to Galactus, and afterwards just chillin' in space.

Alfheim

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Alfheim
but

Yeah but you have cosmic spoon in your mouth you didnt work to get your abilities so you get no respect. What the f**k? do i care? as long as i do what i want, and i could blast your ass to bits, i could def give a ****less about some earthbound person's "respect".

truth. cool

Alfheim

NiņoAraņa
shrug i could amp my intelligence, and not have to work at it, at all.

i like the lazy way out. haermm

Alfheim

NiņoAraņa
As a human or herald? Herald. i never said i wanted to be a human...i said around Silver Surfer lvl.

Soljer
Omnipotence is always nice.

Yeah...

I think I'd go for that.

Alfheim

NiņoAraņa
Yeah I figured just asking to be sure. At any rate I dont think thats in their powerset.

Well the highest option I gave was herald level. you don't think they could amp their intelligence if they wanted to?

if not they'd still live longer and be able study more,

Alfheim

Galan007
I'd choose that cosmic side -- mainly due to the 'astral freedom' that comes with it.

HueyFreeman
Cosmic side. The flash would be my pick. Being anywhere I want when I want.

Erik-Lensherr
A combination between Wolverine and Magneto would be nice. I'd have a lot of time to develop my power until I obtain total control over all matter and energy and afterwards start exploring the Universe. I'd find chosing a character such as Silver Surfer boring.

Endless Mike
Cosmics have always been my favorite since I first read Secret Wars

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
A combination between Wolverine and Magneto would be nice. I'd have a lot of time to develop my power until I obtain total control over all matter and energy and afterwards start exploring the Universe. I'd find chosing a character such as Silver Surfer boring.

Yeah, what with Surfer already having those powers you'd attempt to hone with Magnus....it would get boring.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Doctor-Alvis
Yeah I know. laughing out loud Serioulsy though I do think in comics that characters like Doom, Promotheus etc are even more dangerous than herald level characters. Its like because they have had to work for their power it makes them smarter and more dangerous.
I was just thinking about that the other day. Mutants, mutates, freak accidents, they're all lucky to have their powers. The characters I "respect" more are guys like Doom and Iron Man because they built themselves with their natural abilities.

The exceptions for me are Green Lanterns, because they are like officers of space and they're there to do a job and know they rely on the ring.

That aside, I'm not sure who I would pick. I've always wondered about the bigger picture, of the galaxy, of the universe, of reality. Being a cosmic would allow me to explore that without the worries of terran life. I'd essentially be a really powerful hobo.

But cosmics always have far bigger problems to deal with. If I'm Batman and I drop the ball, what happens? The bad guy gets away? I die? The city explodes maybe? Surfer and Adam Warlock and the like are always dealing with people who are, can, or are going to wipe everything out. But I suppose if I became a cosmic through technological means I'd still run into the same issues.

If I'm born with cosmic powers or granted them, I'm probably already acquainted with the big cats of the cosmos. If I achieve it technologically, I venture into space all naive like, but maybe I can help mankind a little with all my spontaneous intelligence and maybe feel like I helped a little. I still can't choose.

Symmetric Chaos
Cosmic. Nothing like bringing a city size energy blast to a fist fight.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I was just thinking about that the other day. Mutants, mutates, freak accidents, they're all lucky to have their powers. The characters I "respect" more are guys like Doom and Iron Man because they built themselves with their natural abilities.

The exceptions for me are Green Lanterns, because they are like officers of space and they're there to do a job and know they rely on the ring.

That aside, I'm not sure who I would pick. I've always wondered about the bigger picture, of the galaxy, of the universe, of reality. Being a cosmic would allow me to explore that without the worries of terran life. I'd essentially be a really powerful hobo.

But cosmics always have far bigger problems to deal with. If I'm Batman and I drop the ball, what happens? The bad guy gets away? I die? The city explodes maybe? Surfer and Adam Warlock and the like are always dealing with people who are, can, or are going to wipe everything out. But I suppose if I became a cosmic through technological means I'd still run into the same issues.

If I'm born with cosmic powers or granted them, I'm probably already acquainted with the big cats of the cosmos. If I achieve it technologically, I venture into space all naive like, but maybe I can help mankind a little with all my spontaneous intelligence and maybe feel like I helped a little. I still can't choose.

Well said. With great power.....and all that jazz.

Me: I'd be a GL. Spider-man is enticing just for the cool factor, but I couldn't shirk the possibility to shoulder that amount of power/responsibility/possibilities as a GL.

Or just give me Mjolnir.

SpookySmurph
If it's our current world, I'd be a high meta level character, probably due to some super tech.

In a comic world situation, I'd be a mid heralder.

Though, it'd be cool to be an uber powerful being, than break the fourth wall, and watch a forum of fanboys rave about how cool I am. cool

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007

With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power for personal gain evil face

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power for personal gain evil face

There was a dude back in the day with a sig that said "With great responsibility....comes chicks. Lots of chicks!" I lol'd pretty hard at the time.

Originally posted by SpookySmurph
If it's our current world, I'd be a high meta level character, probably due to some super tech.

In a comic world situation, I'd be a mid heralder.

Though, it'd be cool to be an uber powerful being, than break the fourth wall, and watch a forum of fanboys rave about how cool I am. cool

I figure a GL ring is the best of both worlds. I'm not too powerful to exist in real life (Superman, etc.), I can always shut it down, and if there's no villians to fight I can do sh*t like take the garbage out with my ring.

Because a herald level person would become a problem if they're too powerful to safely exist on our planet. But why sacrifice power level if you can help it?

Battlehammer
maverick bee pritty cool to be

NiņoAraņa
With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power for personal gain evil face well said.

i'm liking the GL Idea more, but i'd still wanna be around Surfer lvl. i'd just find a way to "power down" if i wanna come back to earth (doubt it)

Alfheim

True, then I would kick your ass. no expression

Blair Wind
I figure a GL ring is the best of both worlds. I'm not too powerful to exist in real life (Superman, etc.), I can always shut it down, and if there's no villians to fight I can do sh*t like take the garbage out with my ring.

Co-sign (cept for the fact that GL> Superman not the other way around) smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Yeah, but if we were just 'given' Superman's power, and not born with it? Didn't 'grow into it?'

We'd pretty much kill everyone. no expression. Not on purpose or anything, but we wouldn't have anywhere near the correct amount of restraint. Imagine how hard it would be to train yourself to not break a wine glass in your hand when your grip could crack a planet....

Galan007
Hmm,
I dunno about selecting a GL ring -- unless it was powered in an Ion sort of manner of course, .

Doctor-Alvis
It's not so much the responsibility. It's the difference between being small minded but safe in my ignorance, for a while, as a human, or I'm given or born with cosmic powers and learn the full gravitas of what goes on out there while I'm flyin' around in space.

It's like Men in Black where the world is always in danger but only the men in black know and the rest of the populous lives their lives.

Do I want to know there are guys eating planets or can destroy a planet by pointing their hands straight down and firing or do I want to read the funny pages and pretend I can play guitar with no knowledge of those things?

It kind of makes me think less of stuff like Civil War and various characters' goal to take over the planet because Terrax could just come along and **** it up with his ax. I know he won't for story purposes but he has that ability.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm,
I dunno about selecting a GL ring -- unless it was powered in an Ion sort of manner of course, .

We're talking real world, no?

You could simply teleport your power battery to you if you needed it - it's not like you're gonna be in a fight with the antimonitor in OUR universe.

manorastroman
being low herald/high meta would actually kind of suck in real life. you would have so much power, but--still being earth bound--using it would definitely draw the wrong kind of attention. i'd either go for wolverine level or surfer level...i have to admit, interstellar travel is a dearly held dream for me.

Soljer
Originally posted by manorastroman
being low herald/high meta would actually kind of suck in real life. you would have so much power, but--still being earth bound--using it would definitely draw the wrong kind of attention. i'd either go for wolverine level or surfer level...i have to admit, interstellar travel is a dearly held dream for me.

There was recently a new planet discovered orbiting in the habitable zone of 55-cancri. It'd be nice to jet on over there and find out for yourself whether life exists or not, eh?

llagrok
Originally posted by Battlehammer
maverick bee pritty cool to be

Agreed.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind

No, I agree. The point was that a GL can vary their power level. Superman is that powerful all the time. I'd accidentally destroy cities while sneezing and sh*t...I don't want that kind of risk.

SpookySmurph

Because a herald level person would become a problem if they're too powerful to safely exist on our planet. But why sacrifice power level if you can help it? Meh. I'd be just as fine with something cool, and a secret identity. That's why I'd prefer to be tech based, or at least have powers requiring activation that I'm in control of. And lots of tech to do my garbage-taking-out.

Cuz, frankly... I'd get bored of the color green. ermmnone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.