If you were an abstract...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Idea is this: Let's say you were given low level abstract level abilities, in our world, for example the full powers of Ion I.

What would you do with it, placed in current times? No supervillains to fight against, simply the power to do with the universe as you wanted.

Would you change the Earth, re-writing history as you see fit? End world hunger, war, etc.?

Would you leave the Earth and explore outer space? Would you simply spend your time studying the cosmos, both inner and outer? Would you annihilate everything?

I am curious as far as what people would do in a situation like that, where money and such would no longer matter, and the temptation to alter things would be incredibly hard to resist, because if you imagined something happening, it may in fact happen.

Erik-Lensherr
erm

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu
Idea is this: Let's say you were given low level abstract level abilities, in our world, for example the full powers of Ion I. Classic Ion was much more than a 'low level' abstract. none

Kutulu
Originally posted by Galan007
Classic Ion was much more than a 'low level' abstract. none

Ok high level abstract then. embarrasment

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/1191198372037.jpg

Kutulu
I take Illagrok off of ignore for one day, and immediately I regret it.

llagrok
Low level abstract, Ion....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/1191001001754.jpg

Endless Mike
There's a tabletop RPG called Nobilis where the basic concept is that you're an abstract being.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
There's a tabletop RPG called Nobilis where the basic concept is that you're an abstract being.

Sounds cool.

Doctor-Alvis
I'd probably... switch off? the memories and evidence of me ever existing then watch everybody and everything.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
All kinds of Google'd.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I'd probably... switch off? the memories and evidence of me ever existing then watch everybody and everything.

That's it? You would just disappear and sit on the side completely invisible and intangible?

Kurash
sneak into showers of boys . . . err . . . i mean girls cool

Symmetric Chaos
Nearly unlimited power? I'd go get laid . . .

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
All kinds of Google'd.

Indeed.

http://www.amazon.com/Nobilis-Sovereign-R-Sean-Borgstrom/dp/1899749306

It seems like it's almost like a D&D table top game, though with a different point system.

In Nobilis, players take on the roles of the Sovereign Powers, each the personification of one single aspect of reality: night, roads, ecstasy, chains, time, water - whatever the players can conceive of. Once human, each character has been forever changed, imbued with awesome power and terrible responsibility. Heaven and Hell, angels and devils, the Giants and the Old Gods - in Nobilis, all are united in the Great War against the Excrucians, whose goal is to destroy all Creation - but all are divided by their own plots and ancient rivalries, as well.

eek

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Kutulu
That's it? You would just disappear and sit on the side completely invisible and intangible?
I wouldn't want people worshiping me or anything. I'd have no need to remake reality because it'd probably be no better than what's already there. What else is there? I'd pretty much have everything, or the ability to have everything, already.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nearly unlimited power? I'd go get laid . . .

2 girls.... at the same time! Happy Dance

Martian_mind
Explore the universe.

maybe make my own little planet and treat it and it's people like an ant farm.

NiņoAraņa
i'd go on like normal...but just have anything at my fingertips....

Symmetric Chaos

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That wouldn't be very normal . . . normal is as normal does shifty

Bransolute
I'd have sex with some hot chicks...ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bransolute

rock

Kutulu

laughing

Ouallada

Johansson, Alba and Mcadams sandwich.

Oh, and make storm white so I won't keep getting called an abstract racist.

llagrok
I'd give Bush superpowers.

For the lulz

Citizen V
Make SNL funny again. sad

Bransolute
Originally posted by Citizen V
Make SNL funny again. sad Tougher than it sounds...

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by llagrok
I'd give Bush superpowers.

For the lulz laughing out loud

ExodusCloak
Have a HoM Wanda nervous breakdown...and then change the world...

"No more vowels"

Bransolute
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Have a HoM Wanda nervous breakdown...and then change the world...

"No more vowels" Snds wrd. messed

NiņoAraņa
H NS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.